PDA

View Full Version : Lillian Garcia retiring...

~gymdiva~
09-06-2009, 08:49 PM
from wrestlezone:

by Matt Boone
Sep 06, 2009

The following is a new tweet from the official Twitter account of WWE ring announcer Lilian Garcia:

"LilianGarcia Ok, it's official. My countdown to weeks left on Raw has started. Feeling very sad. 10 yrs is hard to chg gears. Luv u & need ur support!!"

I'll be sad to see her go...she always had the most kickass outfits at every show I saw her at! and ten years??? damn I didn't realize she'd been there that long...hasn't aged a bit! :no:

phillymuscle
09-06-2009, 10:19 PM
Wow it's been 10yrs? I guess the schedule takes it's toll after a while....

~gymdiva~
09-22-2009, 12:42 AM
:byeb:

by Nick Paglino
Sep 21, 2009

Tonight is Lillian Garcia's final appearance on WWE Raw. She posted the following on her Twitter page this morning: "At airport waiting to board my flight to Little Rock. Feeling a little emotional knowing it's my last day on Raw. Will miss everyone."

~gymdiva~
09-22-2009, 12:48 AM
by Matt Boone
Sep 21, 2009

WWE has finally acknowledged the final show for Lilian Garcia on their official website. They honor her with a photo gallery which features pictures from her ten year run with the company.

~gymdiva~
09-22-2009, 12:53 AM
from JR:

by Nick Paglino
Sep 21, 2009

Jim Ross has updated his blog over at JRsBarBQ.com. Below are some highlights:

"Tonight will be Lilian Garcia's last night as the ring announcer on Monday Night Raw. Lil, a South Carolina native, has been a mainstay on Monday night's since 1999 and will be missed. Lilian told me that she was going to be forming a band and I can see her staying busy with, potentially, a multitude of music oriented projects plus she's getting married next month, as I understand it."

"Lilian has traveled thousands of miles for WWE and was a fixture on the 'Tribute to the Troops' broadcasts over the years. I wish her the very best and she has been preparing for this exit from Monday night for quite some time. (At least she knew when she was leaving the WWE's Flagship broadcast.) I wonder if Lil will ever contemplate writing a book? That would likely be an interesting read from a female's perspective of life on the road in the wacky world of wrestling."