PDA

View Full Version : dave palumbo pre contest diet friendly recipes.....

Amado Carrillo Fuentes
09-06-2009, 10:45 PM
tomorrow i will be seven days into keto diet
and just yesterday i started hattin food, i just cant stomach it, i feel sick as fuck and i just cant even look at food, this cuttin i am doing will take a long ass time and again i am already sick of food, as a matter of fact i dont know if i will do good with this but today i am having 4 shakes and 2whole food meals, i cant stand dry chicken help me please

SallyAnne
09-06-2009, 11:17 PM
Are you eating egg whites - or rather, are they on your diet?

Northman
09-06-2009, 11:26 PM
If he allows hot sauce, or waldens products you should be good to go.

And if you don't want your meat to be so dry, spray water on the meat as you cook it.

Amado Carrillo Fuentes
09-06-2009, 11:41 PM
Are you eating egg whites - or rather, are they on your diet?
nope i cant stand plain eggs or egg whites, in the offseasson if i can have oatmeal on the side, etc etc i am great eating eggs but precontest i hate them, last time i dieted, in 07 it would take me an hour to eat my eggs and i would have to beg to god not to puke lol

cobra
09-07-2009, 11:52 PM
nope i cant stand plain eggs or egg whites, in the offseasson if i can have oatmeal on the side, etc etc i am great eating eggs but precontest i hate them, last time i dieted, in 07 it would take me an hour to eat my eggs and i would have to beg to god not to puke lol

Dude, dunno if this helps, but I cut one of my whole eggs out and instead put a piece of 2% reduced fat pepper jack cheese ontop of my eggs. So 7 whites, 3 whole, piece of the cheese and sea salt and cracked pepper. I looked forward to it actually. Also, the Walden Farms stuff is great, the BBQ is awesome, ketchup is decent, haven't had the Alfredo and marinara yet but the pancake syrup is the shit! I would make protein pancakes w/12 egg whites, 2 Tbsp PB, some stevia and cinnamon, 1/8 tsp bakin powder, blend em up and cook em like pancakes. Just keep it fresh, I guess how strict you are is all dependent on if your doin a show or somethin, but even w/ little changes like I said I got lean as hell. Good luck! And remember, as bad as it is, in anotheer week you start getting your cheat meal to restore some sanity!

GottaGetLean
09-08-2009, 12:22 AM
i know exactly how u feel, eating bland chicken and some sort or fat isnt exactly the most satisfying feeling. On the keto diet i also struggled to eat all my solid meals just for the simple fact that eating chicken breast without any sort of rice just tastes terrible lol.. But u will sort of get use to it, only thing i could recommend is that you start to use a lot of sea salt or start dipping ur chicken in 0 carb sauces like mustard or 0 carb bbq sauce. Its not the greatest thing but it helps.

Amado Carrillo Fuentes
09-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Dude, dunno if this helps, but I cut one of my whole eggs out and instead put a piece of 2% reduced fat pepper jack cheese ontop of my eggs. So 7 whites, 3 whole, piece of the cheese and sea salt and cracked pepper. I looked forward to it actually. Also, the Walden Farms stuff is great, the BBQ is awesome, ketchup is decent, haven't had the Alfredo and marinara yet but the pancake syrup is the shit! I would make protein pancakes w/12 egg whites, 2 Tbsp PB, some stevia and cinnamon, 1/8 tsp bakin powder, blend em up and cook em like pancakes. Just keep it fresh, I guess how strict you are is all dependent on if your doin a show or somethin, but even w/ little changes like I said I got lean as hell. Good luck! And remember, as bad as it is, in anotheer week you start getting your cheat meal to restore some sanity!

i know exactly how u feel, eating bland chicken and some sort or fat isnt exactly the most satisfying feeling. On the keto diet i also struggled to eat all my solid meals just for the simple fact that eating chicken breast without any sort of rice just tastes terrible lol.. But u will sort of get use to it, only thing i could recommend is that you start to use a lot of sea salt or start dipping ur chicken in 0 carb sauces like mustard or 0 carb bbq sauce. Its not the greatest thing but it helps.
thanks bros i went today looking for some soy sauce or different sauces to make food funnier but zero carb shit is hard to find, that thing about the eggs sounds kinda cool, i could try it

hey by the way where do you guys find walden farms products
by the way i am not dieting for a show, a lot of things have happened to me and i wanna change the way i look :(

Amado Carrillo Fuentes
09-08-2009, 07:40 PM
thanks bros i went today looking for some soy sauce or different sauces to make food funnier but zero carb shit is hard to find, that thing about the eggs sounds kinda cool, i could try it

hey by the way where do you guys find walden farms products
by the way i am not dieting for a show, a lot of things have happened to me and i wanna change the way i look :(
also excuse my stupidity i was checkin walden farms website and everything says "contains trace calories" what do they mean by that?
wouldnt them affect the ketogenic state?

also i know dave allows crystal lite while dieting but doesnt that shit has like 2grams of maltodextrin per serving?

th_vai
09-08-2009, 08:16 PM
I did dave's diet for 4 weeks with good results , but I just missed my carbs a lot , try eating lean fish instead of chicken, use seasonings those are allright in Dave's diet, Diet Soda helps if your eating tasteless stuff

cobra
09-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Dude, those trace carbs aren;t gonna be shit, they damn sure aren;t gonna get you above 30 grams of carbs to knock you out of Ketosis, Just use in moderation. I mean, you're takin in some carbs in your PB twice a day, and maybe 2 serving of veggies a day. I did the diet for months and lost around 50 pounds and used the Walden Farms stuff, just in MODERATION. As far as shit crystal light, I did stay away from that b/c of the malto but I did drink a powerade zero from time to time.

Another thing you can try I got from PJ Braun, put a tbsp of Mac Oil in a skillet, take some chicken you've already cooked (I usually grilled w/Sea Salt and Cracked pepper) and cut it into strips, then get you some Franks Red Hot Buffalo Wing sauce and in moderation drizzle it over your chicken as it cooks. Take about 10 mins at the most (until crisp) and it taste close as shit to some Buffalo wings!

Amado Carrillo Fuentes
09-09-2009, 08:39 PM
thanks again bro

franks sauce is the shit and i dont see any ingredients that could knock me out of keto

CallofDuty4
09-11-2009, 11:51 PM
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/theoriginalstore_2062_47726448http://ep.yimg.com/ca/Img/trans_1x1.gif Bookbinders Horseradish Mustard - 10 oz

I use this on my lean steak....grill the steak then cut it into slices put some of this mustard in a container then shake it up, and put it on a bed of mixed greens, I guess you could do the same thing with chicken...and its clean nothing thats gonna knock you off.....

BOHICA762
03-29-2010, 10:39 AM
WHAT NO CARB sauces have you guys found? can you list or recommend some. this way i don't waste my money. i like to grill my chicken, it gives it some flavor, i hear you tho sometimes my meals took 45 minutes to choke down, its weird some days i could kill my food other days my body was like nope and had me gagging while i choked it down

The Thinker
03-29-2010, 10:55 AM
I don't want to sound too harsh but at some point you just have to suck it up and eat whatever is on your plan. I don't even think about what I eat anymore as it is only fuel in the tank. I used to struggle with the same issue as you but I've come to the conclusion that it was mostly mental.

With regards to Dave's diet. I did it 80-90% the first time I tried it. I added condiments such as Non Fat Cheese and Low Carb Ketchup. My results were okay but nowhere near the same as when I did the diet without those things. Dave allows no carb soy sauce and mustard if you want to put something on your food.

mshrdbdy
03-29-2010, 05:11 PM
Mustard is my saving grace:) Plain, spicy, dijon... Love them all and goes on EVERYTHING i eat:yep:

PS no disrespect buddy but... stop being a pussy and just eat your damn food!! :)

BOHICA762
03-29-2010, 09:41 PM
Mustard is my saving grace:) Plain, spicy, dijon... Love them all and goes on EVERYTHING i eat:yep:

PS no disrespect buddy but... stop being a pussy and just eat your damn food!! :)

Wow thats awesome:yep: I hope I am not the pussy being referd to. i just some horseradish mustard, cant wait to try it. i think i just need to mix it up. i will cook fish and eat it almost every meal that day for up to 5 days traight then i get burnt out.

my christmas wish list is a personal chicken rotessrie machine, i determined to come up with awesome tasting spices and suaces for the muscle community. if they can make crap taste great why cant we make great tasting recipes that are designed for the big people. maybe i can get a franchise going..:hungry:

The Big Sexy
03-29-2010, 09:43 PM
Rosemary is a wonderful herb for chicken or eggs.

lou0178
04-07-2010, 01:55 AM
just change your mentality, food is a source of fuel not pleasure. You can do it, when the diet is done, cheat and go right back to semi normal dieting.

amy13
04-19-2010, 03:06 PM

YES!!! A bottle a day LoL ... and when you are starving you will eat ANYTHING!!!! :drool:

Lann1011
04-19-2010, 03:24 PM
they are meals where you will not feel like eating.. I had that yesterday, but when it was time to eat.. I ate.

Youngguns
04-19-2010, 04:28 PM
Red meat- if you get tenderloin, cut it into steaks, BBQ it. All it needs is salt and pepper.
Chicken- Make a bed of lettuce and spinach, make a vinegar, mustard, olive oil dressing, put the chicken on top- amazing. Ground beef, add some hot sauce or red pepper flakes.

chicken- One word, slow cooker.

Salmon fillets- lemon juice (hardly any carbs for a lot of juice) mustard and cayenne pepper- too good.

Eggs- spinach(cut up), mushrooms, green onions, cayenne pepper, paprika and possibly hot sauce :P Franks!

And always, always add Himalayan sea salt on everything, as much as you want.

And you're on keto, add some damn cheese!

Lann1011
04-19-2010, 07:57 PM
I don't remember cheese being listed on the keto diet,not on the Palumbo version anyway.

Did I miss it?

SallyAnne
04-19-2010, 09:12 PM
WHAT NO CARB sauces have you guys found? can you list or recommend some. this way i don't waste my money. i like to grill my chicken, it gives it some flavor, i hear you tho sometimes my meals took 45 minutes to choke down, its weird some days i could kill my food other days my body was like nope and had me gagging while i choked it down

Walden Farms BBQ Sauce. No carbs, no fat, no CALORIES. It's great on chicken.

http://www.waldenfarms.com/

stephaniewicked
04-19-2010, 11:39 PM
Walden Farms BBQ Sauce. No carbs, no fat, no CALORIES. It's great on chicken.

http://www.waldenfarms.com/

I have this and LOVE it. I even put it on tuna sometimes (I know... sounds really weird bbq flavor + canned tuna, but I swear it tastes good!!)

SallyAnne
04-19-2010, 11:48 PM
I have this and LOVE it. I even put it on tuna sometimes (I know... sounds really weird bbq flavor + canned tuna, but I swear it tastes good!!)

Actually, that sounds pretty damn good. I put it on ground beef, as well.

stephaniewicked
04-20-2010, 11:59 AM
Actually, that sounds pretty damn good. I put it on ground beef, as well.

Yes, I've had it on ground beef too - love it!

I tried their 'scampi sauce' and 'mayo' (not a fan!), but the bbq sauce, balsamic vinegar and some of the salad dressings that I've tried are really good.

GirlyMuscle
04-20-2010, 12:21 PM
I don't remember cheese being listed on the keto diet,not on the Palumbo version anyway.

Did I miss it?

It's not on Dave's diet. He doesn't include any dairy.

Cheese is almost carb free, and some is totally carb free, but it's calorie dense so keep it to a minimum.

Youngguns
04-20-2010, 01:37 PM
Cheese is FINE! Sure it's not on his diet because it's dairy, but it has no carbs (if it's carb free cheese) and a good amount of protein, if you get low fat baby bells... oh baby. If you're scared to eat cheese but not peanut butter I just don't know what to say.

Wetdawg
04-21-2010, 12:02 AM
Ground Buffalo, fijita spice, then top with shredded mex cheese.

big_rig_beau
04-28-2010, 06:44 PM

I agree...if you choose to got the anabolic diet way (palumbo)...suck it up and do it. If not....be normal and go about your life. All this focus on what we can and can't eat....doesn't it do your head in?

Electric_Road_Guy
05-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Mustard is a way to go. And hot-sauce...
Gotta have it.
Every once in a while, ill splash on a teaspoon of lemon juice as my spinach is finishing... breaks up the flavors once in a while...

Wetdawg
05-03-2010, 10:31 PM
1 cup of Lite no salt soy sauce= the real deal from asian food store
2 cloves of minced garlic
2 TBsp black Vinegar
1/4 cup sesame oil
4-6 chicken breasts

Toss it all together in a bowl, let it sit for an hour then grill/fry. If this chicken goes dry on you, your cooking it to long.

Running Rebel
05-04-2010, 02:02 PM
It doesn't sound like the keto diet, at least Dave's version of it, is for you. Don't feel bad, its not for me either. I tried it briefly and I lost a lot of size on my waist but I felt miserable. After a few days even the thought of eggs or meat makes you sick. In my opinion if the diet affects you like this its not for you. If you're competing that's a whole different story and I might say just suck it up if you felt like a keto diet is what you needed to win (even in that case, no Mr. O has ever been on a keto diet so its obvious you don't need it to be a bodybuilder). If you're not competing, eating a traditional cutting diet of eggwhites, lean meats, oatmeal, brown rice, sweet potatoes and green veggies will work wonders if you're doing lots of cardio, hard weight training and counting your calories. And since you won't be so miserable you will do it for a longer time and won't blow your whole diet by cheating all the time.