PDA

View Full Version : Drugs for better Eyelashes??

GirlyMuscle
09-07-2009, 02:14 AM
So now you can go to your doctor and get a prescription to grow longer thicker eyelashes. How many of you would consider doing that?

http://www.latisse.com/

J_Lynne
09-07-2009, 02:50 AM
I would use it, but I'm too scared of the possibility of my eye color changing.

I used the original Revitalash formula that was seized by the FDA, and got great results from that. The reformulated version sucks though.

MsGuns
09-07-2009, 02:52 AM
Ill stick w/ the fake lashes...I hate taking pills.

GirlyMuscle
09-07-2009, 02:54 AM
Ill stick w/ the fake lashes...I hate taking pills.True. Using an eyelash drug would jeopardize your natty status. ;)

MsGuns
09-07-2009, 02:56 AM
True. Using an eyelash drug would jeopardize your natty status. ;)

right...lol

J_Lynne
09-07-2009, 02:59 AM
Latisse isn't pills, it's like applying eyeliner. You use an applicator and put the solution just above your lashline.

MsGuns
09-07-2009, 03:10 AM
Latisse isn't pills, it's like applying eyeliner. You use an applicator and put the solution just above your lashline.

as you can see I didnt read the article...smile
I might have to use it now...lol

musclemilf
09-07-2009, 03:48 AM
I used lumigan that I purchased from an online UK pharmacy for 1/3 of the price of latisse and the results were amazing. My eyelashes grew so long that they seriously need a trim. However, I stopped because of the side effects. My eyes were irritated and I developed eye twitches. I don't know if the eye twitches were actual side effects or coincidental.

MsGuns
09-07-2009, 03:50 AM
I used lumigan that I purchased from an online UK pharmacy for 1/3 of the price of latisse and the results were amazing. My eyelashes grew so long that they seriously need a trim. However, I stopped because of the side effects. My eyes were irritated and I developed eye twitches. I don't know if the eye twitches were actual side effects or coincidental.

interesting...I luv long lashes...

Ps. hey gurl!!!!

tight booty
09-07-2009, 06:12 AM
I definitely would! I used the original Jan Marini eye lash conditioner for 2 years before it was pulled off the shelves. While I have always had long eye lashes, they became freaky long and gorgous with the marini lash condtioner!
Now I am using the new one they bought out in place of the original one and its just crap! I can honestly say that its useless and nothing like the formula that was pulled of the market!

Allifit
09-07-2009, 07:40 AM
Lol. God they continue to keep thinking of ways to sucker women outta their money :)

I'll stick with fake lashes......

HOTGYMDIVA
09-07-2009, 07:53 AM
I would probably give it a try, but I have using Cliniques Lash Building Primer for over a year now and that stuff is just simply amazing.....

Suzy Brown
09-07-2009, 08:05 AM
I'm using Nutralux MD, a German one, on the market for 10 yrs. My lashes are furry!

SweetCapri
09-07-2009, 01:35 PM
The product that everyone's raving about is called Latisse and it's available by Rx only. I've seen women with who've used it and have had AMAZING...like jaw dropping results. Longer, thicker and way darker lashes! When I went to see my surgeon for my post-op BA appt. I walked away with a prescription for it after I saw his assistant's lashes. I also asked her about the darkening of eye color and she said the possibility of it is only for blue (or was it green?) eyed people.
Hope this information helped!

GirlyMuscle
09-07-2009, 01:51 PM
I just figured since you need a script for it it was a drug. I didn;t realize it was topical.

jgrxmuscle
09-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Does anyone know % of women with blue / green eyes that are effected?

The product that everyone's raving about is called Latisse and it's available by Rx only. I've seen women with who've used it and have had AMAZING...like jaw dropping results. Longer, thicker and way darker lashes! When I went to see my surgeon for my post-op BA appt. I walked away with a prescription for it after I saw his assistant's lashes. I also asked her about the darkening of eye color and she said the possibility of it is only for blue (or was it green?) eyed people.

GirlyMuscle
09-07-2009, 01:53 PM
well, at first I thought it was stupid since I thought it was an oral drug. Maybe I'd give something like this a try. I have pathetic eyelashes and I can't be bothered to put on fake ones.

jgrxmuscle
09-07-2009, 01:56 PM
I try to use false, but I have to set aside at least 30 extra min prep time to put them on. No patience...

GirlyMuscle
09-07-2009, 02:00 PM
And that's fine on show day but I want nice lashes every day.

musclemilf
09-07-2009, 02:05 PM
Latisse is a reformulation of Lumigan by Allergan. The active ingredient (2% bimatoprost) to grow eyelashes is the same. I got lumigan from an online pharmacy in thr UK without a prescription for 40 dollars. The results were and still are phenemonal.

jgrxmuscle
09-07-2009, 02:06 PM
true....It would be nice to not have to ever apply them..walk out of the house lookin glam.

jgrxmuscle
09-07-2009, 02:07 PM
Latisse is a reformulation of Lumigan by Allergan. The active ingredient to grow eyelashes is the same percentage. I got lumigan from an online pharmacy in thr UK without a prescription for 40 dollars. The results were and still are phenemonal.

Does it have pretty much the same sides listed?

MsGuns
09-07-2009, 02:09 PM
I just figured since you need a script for it it was a drug. I didn;t realize it was topical.

same here GM

MsGuns
09-07-2009, 02:11 PM

That helped..Im brown eyed...im getting it...smile

GirlyMuscle
09-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Latisse is a reformulation of Lumigan by Allergan. The active ingredient (2% bimatoprost) to grow eyelashes is the same. I got lumigan from an online pharmacy in thr UK without a prescription for 40 dollars. The results were and still are phenemonal.

Thanks Chicka! I tried to give you reps for the info but you need 50 posts first I think.

jgrxmuscle
09-07-2009, 02:16 PM
I have blue eyes, so I might wait & see bout the sides. I would luv to try it though.

musclemilf
09-07-2009, 02:27 PM
Thanks girlymuscle, I'm trying to get to 50 posts lol. Chk your inbox

The sides appear to be the same. Allergan saw a money maker with reformulating lumigan They may have added some *new* ingredients ( its the 2% bimatoprost that is the active ingredient) and renamed it to make more dollars (its all about increasing shareholder value :) ).

If you want to do the UK pharmacy route, please do your homework first.

musclemilf
09-07-2009, 02:45 PM
I must add this:

If you choose to purchase lumigan from the UK, DO NOT use it as an eye drop. Lumigan is used lower eyeball pressure for glaucoma patients. You need to buy a fine eyeliner brush, take one tiny drop of the lumigan into the cap and dip the brush and line the upper lids only like eyeliner. DO NOT use more than one tiny drop. More is not better and may irritate your eyes.

Curt James
09-07-2009, 02:57 PM

Does it have pretty much the same sides listed?

I must add this:

If you choose to purchase lumigan from the UK, DO NOT use it as an eye drop. Lumigan is used lower eyeball pressure for glaucoma patients. You need to buy a fine eyeliner brush, take one tiny drop of the lumigan into the cap and dip the brush and line the upper lids only like eyeliner. DO NOT use more than one tiny drop. More is not better and may irritate your eyes.

SIDE EFFECTS: Eye dryness, stinging, or sensitivity to light may occur. If these eye effects persist or worsen, notify your doctor immediately. Tell your doctor immediately if you have any of these serious side effects: eye or eyelid redness/itching/swelling/pain. Tell your doctor immediately if you have this unlikely but serious side effect: vision changes. Bimatoprost may slowly cause permanent darkening of the eye (iris), eyelid*, and eyelashes. Growth of the eyelashes may also occur. Consult your doctor for more details. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.

From http://www.medicinenet.com/bimatoprost-ophthalmic_solution/article.htm

*Permanent darkening of the eyelid? By that, I'm assuming it's a darker shade of your normal skin tone? :confused:

jgrxmuscle
09-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Thanks, definetly something to think about.

MsGuns
09-07-2009, 03:01 PM
SIDE EFFECTS: Eye dryness, stinging, or sensitivity to light may occur. If these eye effects persist or worsen, notify your doctor immediately. Tell your doctor immediately if you have any of these serious side effects: eye or eyelid redness/itching/swelling/pain. Tell your doctor immediately if you have this unlikely but serious side effect: vision changes. Bimatoprost may slowly cause permanent darkening of the eye (iris), eyelid*, and eyelashes. Growth of the eyelashes may also occur. Consult your doctor for more details. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.

*Permanent darkening of the eyelid? By that, I'm assuming it's a darker shade of your normal skin tone? :confused:

Thx Dr. James

musclemilf
09-07-2009, 03:02 PM

The sides you've listed are the same for latisse and lumigan as the active ingredient is bimtaprost. I have very dark brown eyes, so I didn't worry about darkening irises. I did have more noticiable eye irritation along with my normal allergies which is why I stopped. Your mileage may vary.

tight booty
09-07-2009, 07:38 PM
And that's fine on show day but I want nice lashes every day.
And so do I GM, thats why I was using the Jan marini one. You just apply it at night on your eyelash line, the way you apply eye liner. Your eye lashes are gorgous even without mascara.
I believe that in Australia they are pulling ALL of these eye lash growth products off the market. It sucks living here for that reason. They are so strict and getting more pathetic by the moment when it comes to things like skincare ingredients. I thought they were anal about fat burners and supps, but it seems it isn't enough.....they are going after skincare products. I have to order my skincare online now and purchase it directly from America on ebay in order to have some of my skincare products.

fitmomma3
09-07-2009, 07:49 PM
I don't like to mess with eyes!!! I'm always good about eye protection tanning, I can't wear eye contacts cause the thought of sticking my finger in my eye or getting an eye infection freaks me out, I'm religious about getting new mascara cause again the idea of an eye infection creeps me out. I don't even like putting on falses cause the glue always stings and irritates my eyes. My mother always says we could get lasik together and I don't think I ever could cause the idea of eye surgery FREAKS me out. I don't like messing with eyes. I don't think I would ever put something on my lashes... i don't like to play with eye stuff.

wildcat22
09-07-2009, 08:02 PM
I had eyelash extensions put on befor my last show LOVE THEM. I go in every three weeks for a fill they just glue the extensions to your oun lashes!!

SallyAnne
09-07-2009, 08:06 PM
I have blue eyes, so I might wait & see bout the sides. I would luv to try it though.

I have green eyes and really would not want them to darken...

but I'm intrigued by this stuff. I know Colette has been using it and she says it works wonders.

SallyAnne
09-07-2009, 08:07 PM
I had eyelash extensions put on befor my last show LOVE THEM. I go in every three weeks for a fill they just glue the extensions to your oun lashes!!

Pretty sure I'm going to have this done before Nationals so I don't have to mess around with the fake eyelashes. I've been checking prices and it runs about $300, correct?

musclemilf
09-07-2009, 09:07 PM
I have more suggestions to add. Can't you tell I love this kind of stuff? Castor oil is a f-a-b-u-l-o-u-s lash conditioner, bar none. I guess castor oil is not so popular these days. I asked a young sales clerk in CVS where the castor oil was and he took me to the motor oil section.

GirlyMuscle
09-07-2009, 09:36 PM
How do you use castor oil? Topically or ingest it?

musclemilf
09-07-2009, 09:40 PM
How do you use castor oil? Topically or ingest it?

OOooh noooo!!!! Geez, I'd never leave the house. Just comb the castor oil through your eyeleashes every night. You can buy a mascara brush at the drug store or ulta.

Curt James
09-07-2009, 11:38 PM
I have more suggestions to add. Can't you tell I love this kind of stuff? Castor oil is a f-a-b-u-l-o-u-s lash conditioner, bar none. I guess castor oil is not so popular these days. I asked a young sales clerk in CVS where the castor oil was and he took me to the motor oil section.

Classic! :)

http://www.autobarn.com.au/AB_images/products/images/prod_1193891755.jpg

MsGuns
09-07-2009, 11:50 PM
Pretty sure I'm going to have this done before Nationals so I don't have to mess around with the fake eyelashes. I've been checking prices and it runs about $300, correct?

Thats how much they are in Houston...
Last summer I got mine done...I couldnt stop blinking...lol

stephaniewicked
09-08-2009, 09:51 AM
I would love to try this, but on the fence about the money, so in that case, I would just rather stick with my $7.49 L'oreal mascara, lol.

Every time I see the advertisement for this though, it makes me wonder if this would also work on eyebrows? Mine are somewhat over-plucked and I have some spots where hair refuses to grow back... curious if this could be a potential solution? Or does this just make thin lashes grow thicker?

I've actually been wanting to get them tattooed for years, so I may just eventually suck it up and go for that and permanent eyeliner instead. Not trying to hijack the thread, but does anyone have experience with this?

SweetCapri
09-08-2009, 11:41 AM
Stephaniewicked - another product to try is Ardell Lash Growth Accelerator. It's fairly cheap, maybe less than 2 bucks (?) and you get can order it from drugstore.com. You can put this on your brows which is where I've used it with good results. I also hear it works fairly well on lashes, but I assume not as good as prescription Latisse.

stephaniewicked
09-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Stephaniewicked - another product to try is Ardell Lash Growth Accelerator. It's fairly cheap, maybe less than 2 bucks (?) and you get can order it from drugstore.com. You can put this on your brows which is where I've used it with good results. I also hear it works fairly well on lashes, but I assume not as good as prescription Latisse.

Awesome!! Thanks, doll! I'm definitely going to check that out! Can't hurt for a whole couple bucks! :) How long did you use it before you noticed results? I'm not expecting an overnight miracle, but just wondering...?

Manavs
09-08-2009, 01:39 PM
i hate to say i actually know what this stuff is. but anyways, it actually works. I know a few people who are taking it and yep longer lashes as promised.

SweetCapri
09-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Awesome!! Thanks, doll! I'm definitely going to check that out! Can't hurt for a whole couple bucks! :) How long did you use it before you noticed results? I'm not expecting an overnight miracle, but just wondering...?
Hey Steph, I used it on my brows and noticed changes in about 2 weeks. I always stopped because I noticed I would break out in the areas where I'd apply it. But it might not happen to you so give it a try!
Oh and I have very sensitive eyes and can't speak for its use on lashes. Sorry.

wildcat22
09-08-2009, 06:36 PM
I trade out the eyelashes and hair extensions with my hairdresser but I live in a small town and she charges 150 for a set of lashes. I had my eyebrows tatooed also love that to. That I paid for 400 total you have to get it done twice well worth the money mine were very thin also.

Kate1
11-20-2009, 11:55 PM
I use Latisse and love the results. I also use it on my brows that have been overplucked the past. It is helping my brows, but can't say it's a cure-all for too thin brows. Maybe it's because I overplucked them like 30 years ago though....