PDA

View Full Version : TUF 10: Heavyweights

Pages : [1] 2

-Z-
08-12-2009, 09:59 PM
I'm actually kind of excited for this season. Seems like an interesting crop of fighters. BTW the show starts September 16th.

Coaches
Rampage Jackson & Rashad Evans

Fighters
Zak Jensen – standout wrestler at Augsburg College
Marcus Jones – former 1st round NFL draft pick who had a six-year career with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Scott Junk – Division II All-American football player at Southwest Oklahoma State and fought in UFC 76.
James McSweeney – former international kickboxing and Muay Thai champion
John Madsen – defeated Brock Lesnar in a high school wrestling match
Matt Mitrione - played for New York Giants and Minnesota Vikings
Roy Nelson – former IFL Heavyweight Champion
Demico Rogers – high school football and wrestling star
Brendan Schaub – played for Buffalo Bills and Arena Football’s Utah Blaze
Darrill Schoonover – decorated Army veteran
Wes Shivers – former member of the Tennessee Titans and Atlanta Falcons
Wes Sims - fought two heated battles with former UFC champ Frank Mir at UFC 43 and UFC 46
Kimbo Slice – former EliteXC heavyweight contender and YouTube sensation
Abe Wagner – played linebacker at Michigan Tech and has a degree in mechanical engineering
Mike Wessel – UFC veteran and former strength and conditioning coach at University of Arkansas
Justin Wren – All-American high school wrestler

chitownmscle
08-12-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm actually kind of excited for this season. Seems like an interesting crop of fighters. BTW the show starts September 16th.

Coaches

Fighters
Marcus Jones – former 1st round NFL draft pick who had a six-year career with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Scott Junk – Division II All-American football player at Southwest Oklahoma State and fought in UFC 76.
Wes Sims - fought two heated battles with former UFC champ Frank Mir at UFC 43 and UFC 46
Abe Wagner – played linebacker at Michigan Tech and has a degree in mechanical engineering
Mike Wessel – UFC veteran and former strength and conditioning coach at University of Arkansas

I always thought that TUF was for guys who were never in UFC being given the opporunity to get a contract to fight in the UFC.....I mean these guys have already fought in the UFC wtf

chitownmscle
08-12-2009, 10:10 PM

Coaches

Fighters

If that is his claim to fame I'm already calling for him to fight Brock for the belt...lol....seriously though the guy has done nothing else with his life?

-Z-
08-13-2009, 08:14 AM
I'm not a big fan of bringing guys on the show who have fought in the UFC before. I do wanna see how much Kimbo improves though.

cobra
09-07-2009, 09:47 PM
I know I'm a little early here, but this show is the best fucking thing on T.V. and I'm fired up b/c I just saw another preview. I CAN'T WAIT! Anyway, maybe this thread will get sticky'd er something so we can post about the show when it actually airs...?

THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER: HEAVYWEIGHTS” CAST IS ANNOUNCED

“The Ultimate Fighterhttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/2.gif (http://www.ufc.com//index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=21143#): Heavyweights” includes a list of notable athletes with impressive and diverse pedigrees including four former NFL players, UFC veterans, a former IFL heavyweight champ, and a highly-publicized former EliteXC fighter who gained prominence through his non-sanctioned bouts on YouTube.
The cast includes:

-Z-
09-07-2009, 10:10 PM
Threads merged

cobra
09-07-2009, 10:56 PM
damn, my bad, didn't realize..but I'm also eager to see Kimbo compete this season and would honestly love to see him take it!

davidyes
09-08-2009, 12:18 AM
damn, my bad, didn't realize..but I'm also eager to see Kimbo compete this season and would honestly love to see him take it!

Yes, in terms of publicity and promotion, Kimbo is perfect for MMA. He just needs to prove his mettle in the octagon.

-Z-
09-08-2009, 08:18 AM
Roy Nelson: All roads end here. (http://www.kfight.net/MMA-Videos/Roy-Nelson-All-Roads-End-Here-Video-TUF-10)

^Check out the link, dude needs to get in shape. He's having a baby,WTF.

Mirko Cro Cop
09-08-2009, 09:32 AM
I remember when he fought Arlovski on one of the Elite XC card's and he was fat as fuck!

He sort of reminds me of a 21st century Tank Abbott.

-Z-
09-08-2009, 09:35 AM
There is no way he'll ever be on top with that kind of condition. He maybe able to KO his way up for a while, but a complete fighter will dismantle him.

Plates
09-08-2009, 10:39 AM
That's what my stomach looks like when I eat dairy.

Plates
09-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Has there been an interview with Dana yet where he says, "This is going to be the craziest season so far!" ?

ebfitness
09-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Has there been an interview with Dana yet where he says, "This is going to be the craziest season so far!" ?
HA!

ebfitness
09-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Paint a target on that thing, Buddah.

JLucas
09-08-2009, 06:19 PM
I hope he gets hit with a hard body shot in a fight this season and that thing just fuckin explodes.

-Z-
09-08-2009, 06:28 PM
^lol

Bryan Hildebrand
09-09-2009, 01:47 AM
looking forward to big boys banging. the reason for so many formers is simplr. there is zero depth in the HW's.

Big Dave Smith
09-09-2009, 02:25 AM
I will be training with Matt Mitrione and Jake O'Brien when I start back at Integrated FightingAcademy. Matt is certainly going to do well. Good stand up. Submissions are improving.

-Z-
09-09-2009, 07:32 AM
I will be training with Matt Mitrione and Jake O'Brien when I start back at Integrated FightingAcademy. Matt is certainly going to do well. Good stand up. Submissions are improving.

Good luck man. Keep us updated on your training.

-Z-
09-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Most of us laugh Kimbo off as gimmicky and one dimensional, but how far do you think he will get on TUF? What about the UFC in general?

http://hellomotor.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/kimbo_slice_02_2.jpg

-Z-
09-09-2009, 04:55 PM
http://file.walagata.com/w/smn620/kimbo-slice_tank-abbott.gif

-Z-
09-09-2009, 04:55 PM
http://www.fightreport.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/kimbo-slice_bo-cantrell.gif

-Z-
09-09-2009, 04:56 PM
http://i37.tinypic.com/e9t0ki.jpg

ebfitness
09-09-2009, 06:10 PM
I don't have anything against him, I just don't think he's that good. Maybe he'll surprise me, but I don't think he'll get too far on TUF.

exit2010
09-09-2009, 06:34 PM
he will win 1. get a shitload of publicity and then have his ass handed to him in the next fight.

DannyG
09-09-2009, 06:35 PM
Who knows but I imagine he's improved quite a bit since he first started fighting as a pro. I see him making it to the finals at least.

Mirko Cro Cop
09-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Last 8 maybe?

-Z-
09-09-2009, 06:42 PM
yH3EmA8vuEo

Youngguns
09-09-2009, 06:48 PM
He should be leaner?

Mirko Cro Cop
09-09-2009, 06:50 PM
He should be leaner?

You obviously haven't seen fellow TUF competitor Roy Nelson have you?

Youngguns
09-09-2009, 06:57 PM
I'm not aware what TUF actually is. I'm guess the ultimate fighter.... how does it differ from the UFC?

-Z-
09-09-2009, 07:12 PM
"The Ultimate Fighter" is a reality show where they take fighters and put them into a house and make them fight each other till there's a winner. The show is ran by the UFC. The winner of thr show gets a UFC contract.

-Z-
09-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Roy Nelson

http://www.mma-extreme.com/images/roy-nelson-belly-rub.jpg

-Z-
09-09-2009, 07:18 PM
http://urdirt.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/610x2.jpg

Youngguns
09-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Insane how the fat guy has good enough cardio to fight like that.

Jason Newman
09-09-2009, 08:28 PM
fat ass looks pregnant.

as far as Kimbo, last6 is my guess

cobra
09-09-2009, 11:11 PM
Roy Nelson can throw down though!

dublin-lifter
09-11-2009, 08:17 AM
YouTube - The Ultimate Fighter 10: Meet the Heavyweights

-Z-
09-11-2009, 09:06 AM
Threads merged

juggernaut
09-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Rashad takes it....the intensity in the clip when they were sitting on the bench was friggin craaaaazy.

Winner=Kimbo. Guy looks like a nasty pitbull.

juggernaut
09-11-2009, 09:33 AM
Can we embed each weeks episode in this thread? Is it legal? Or is the UFC going to do what HBO did with Artie Lange and take it off everywhere (bunch of cheapfuck pussies).

Plates
09-11-2009, 09:56 AM
Kimbo did sub Ray Mercer who KO'd Tim Silvia in 9 seconds. I know all of them suck cock...but.........

People dont give Kimbo a chance. Providing he has the right training, he will do well at the sport. He is a special athlete really. Not to mention, he takes passion for raising his family much diffrent than others do. That alone is motivation

exit2010
09-11-2009, 10:28 AM
Roy Nelson

http://www.mma-extreme.com/images/roy-nelson-belly-rub.jpg

that is a big redneck - a la tank abbott

brd
09-11-2009, 10:28 AM
If Kimbo can develop beyond being a street tough, he could win some legit fights. He can bang and should be awarded a puncher's chance, but can he learn the more intelligent side of fighting? Also, anyone know his age for sure? Reason being the first thing to go is the chin and the last thing to go is the power....

-Z-
09-11-2009, 11:30 AM
I disagree, most older fighters still have good chins they just get hit more.

-Z-
09-11-2009, 12:17 PM
Can we embed each weeks episode in this thread? Is it legal? Or is the UFC going to do what HBO did with Artie Lange and take it off everywhere (bunch of cheapfuck pussies).

I will post whatever I can find.

Plates
09-11-2009, 02:00 PM
I already cant stand the two fucks that said "fuck Kimbo". I hope they get murdered quickly.

DannyG
09-11-2009, 02:31 PM
I disagree, most older fighters still have good chins they just get hit more.

That's true it kinda reminds me of Holyfield...takes a beating but wont get KO'D even in his 40's.

dublin-lifter
09-12-2009, 09:15 AM
I'm not a big fan of bringing guys on the show who have fought in the UFC before. I do wanna see how much Kimbo improves though.

i dont think putting him with rampage will do him any favours if he was with rashad he would prob learn better wrestling skills but yea it should be interesting to see how far he goes

Mirko Cro Cop
09-12-2009, 09:33 AM
Rashad takes it....the intensity in the clip when they were sitting on the bench was friggin craaaaazy.

Winner=Kimbo. Guy looks like a nasty pitbull.

Kimbo will get raped, all anyone needs to do is take him down, I even think another half decent striker could beat him quite easily.

Roy Nelson's the favourite in my eyes.

00benski
09-12-2009, 10:30 AM
Hey dublin lifter do you know what channel we can get this on in Dublin. Its going to be a crazy season me thinks haha

-Z-
09-12-2009, 10:36 AM
VobaqNqeMDM

-Z-
09-12-2009, 10:39 AM
lFwSdq9N3oA

Mirko Cro Cop
09-12-2009, 10:41 AM
Hey dublin lifter do you know what channel we can get this on in Dublin. Its going to be a crazy season me thinks haha

It's on Five USA over here in England, don't know whether that helps.

-Z-
09-12-2009, 10:41 AM
M492pxmhpN4

Phmywd_uXVs

-Z-
09-12-2009, 10:47 AM
Rumor has it that Wes Shivers and Roy Nelson are the fianl two.

dublin-lifter
09-12-2009, 02:18 PM

not sure but id say its on espn thats where all the other ufc shit is on

Gaoshang Xiongshou
09-12-2009, 06:10 PM
Does anyone know if there will be encore showings of the first episode? I am leaving home for a few days Wednesday morning, and believe it or not, where I am going will not have cable television. I would not be able to see anything until I returned home Sunday.

juggernaut
09-13-2009, 08:57 AM
Does anyone know if there will be encore showings of the first episode? I am leaving home for a few days Wednesday morning, and believe it or not, where I am going will not have cable television. I would not be able to see anything until I returned home Sunday.they usually show them several times during the week and most often do a marathon before the finals. I'd also recommend doing a search on PB.

phillymuscle
09-13-2009, 10:34 PM
The whole Kimbo thing had me pretty amped. But i was excited about the rashad and rampage matchup. Shame they fucked that up with the A team

Plates
09-15-2009, 12:26 PM
Nelson is a banger. I think you will see a lot of him in the next couple years. Im glad he has finally been able to get to the big show.

-Z-
09-16-2009, 09:14 AM
When MTV’s “The Real World” premiered in 1992, and throughout its twenty-one subsequent seasons, viewers were exposed to a wide array of personal politics, belief systems, and cultural dynamics. Cast members were locked in a living space and forced to confront their prejudices while offering exaggerated versions of themselves for cameras.

The dominant audience reaction: will someone please punch some of these people in the face?

The genius of “The Ultimate Fighter” is that someone can.

“TUF,” which debuted in the spring of 2005, might have been the single most influential paradigm shift in the sport’s history. (Basic cable television is a powerful drug.) The UFC found a venue for creating and promoting new talent, pushing existing stars as coaches, and allowing curious viewers a free sample of the violence. Season ten’s premiere (tonight, Spike, 10 p.m. ET, or later following UFC Fight Night overspill) will attempt to defy the series’ advancing age by pushing the participation of Kimbo Slice, noted Miami street brawler and former CBS-network attraction. And if you could never predict that sentence, you now understand the bizarre randomness of television programming.

Free fights should be reason enough to watch for the next twelve weeks, but in case you need them, here are ten more:

10. Breakable Contracting
There’s no context for this scene, but Quinton Jackson is probably using the door as a metaphor for his feelings toward opposing coach Rashad Evans. It is obviously a flimsy, hollow-core piece of garbage hung in the hopes a fighter would assault it…but it doesn’t matter. Property destruction never fails to entertain.

9. Matt Mitrione
A six-year NFL veteran, Mitrione is this season’s Amir Sadollah: a perfect 0-0 record in professional competition. Steamrolled or an unlikely survivor, the man clearly has a pair.

8. Kimbo Slice
Just getting it out of the way.

7. A Singular Cast
Most seasons of “TUF” have fractured production -- and viewer attention -- on two weight classes at a time. It’s not that complicated, but it does dilute some of the appeal and straightforward narrative of focusing on a single division.

6. Mike Rowe
“Next time…on the ‘Ultimate Fighter.’” Narrator Mike Rowe can make anything sound important. He’s the Orson Welles of bloodletting.

5. Roy Nelson
The most accomplished in the series’ mix of rookies and veterans, most figure that the season is Nelson’s to lose: his grappling was enough to stifle Frank Mir during a submission tournament in 2002, and his striking earned him a split decision loss against Ben Rothwell in 2007. He’s also fat and genial, and it’s nice to see the sport having less of an inferiority complex to allow for inferior physique admission. (Babe Ruth: great ball player, but a bit of a slob. No one much cared.)

4. Fueling the Heavyweight Division
Once a laughable mess, the UFC’s group of tailored suits is already looking better than it has in years: with 16 potential bodies, it’s a safe bet that a handful will stick around to create more depth.

3. The Vacuum
The very smart, slightly alarming-looking journalist Josh Gross often advises that fights are best reviewed with the sound off: commentary tends to creep into your opinion uninvited. There is only ambient noise during “Fighter” fights: teammates shouting advice and the dull thud of bodies. It works.

2. The Jackson/Evans Dynamic
Most “rivalries” in the sport are borne out of exaggerated emotions with the knowledge that bad blood flows right into piles of money. But so what? If Quinton Jackson and Rashad Evans are faking it, they both deserve Oscars.

1. Wes Sims
Sims, a 6’10” unpolished wrestler weaned on Mark Coleman’s Hammer House philosophy of smash first and think later, reminds some fans of Ric Flair -- if Flair suffered a head injury, was afflicted with ADD, and could brag of an appearance on “Blind Date.” Locking him in a house with fifteen other athletes should happen every season.

firsthorseman97
09-16-2009, 11:01 AM
I never realized Kimbo was from Miami. Guess I never thought about it.

-Z-
09-16-2009, 01:48 PM
Tonights the night, I'm actually excited about this show again.

firsthorseman97
09-16-2009, 02:42 PM

:yep: I am too. Last season was a bit of a letdown.

Mirko Cro Cop
09-16-2009, 02:49 PM
I never realized Kimbo was from Miami. Guess I never thought about it.

He's originally from the Bahamas.

I am also looking foward to this, i'll probably watch it on the net tomorrow as they don't show it hear until Saturday.

cobra
09-16-2009, 04:50 PM
Can't wait. Last season was a little dissapointing, BUT I really like that Ross kid from the UK.

Aaron Singerman
09-16-2009, 04:52 PM

Me too... Kimbo looks like he's been seriously hitting the weights and watching his diet... (and juicing, of course)

-Z-
09-16-2009, 10:07 PM
Here we go, sucks that thr Evans/Rampage fight has been scratched till 2010.

-Z-
09-16-2009, 10:13 PM
They need to do a TUF showm with existing UFC fighters.

-Z-
09-16-2009, 10:19 PM
"He has some titties." - Rampage Jackson

ROFL

TPT
09-16-2009, 10:29 PM
They need to do a TUF showm with existing UFC fighters.

they did have the season with the theme of "second chance" where matt serra won. many of those guys were familiar to us and made for a much more interesting show cause we actually saw them fight.

TPT
09-16-2009, 10:30 PM
Me too... Kimbo looks like he's been seriously hitting the weights and watching his diet... (and juicing, of course)

im excited as well. i will commit to this season. im gonna try my best.

DannyG
09-16-2009, 10:50 PM
"He has some titties." - Rampage Jackson

ROFL

Rampage is probably the funniest dude in the UFC...

-Z-
09-16-2009, 10:53 PM
Rampage is probably the funniest dude in the UFC...

You might be right.

cobra
09-16-2009, 11:25 PM
"If I got that target, mothafucka aim, shoot." -Kimbo

"We gonna be doin tha stanky leg, like when Machida knocked Rashad out." -Rampage

LOL I fuckin love it, TEAM RAMPAGE FTW! Although his 1st guy was OWNED did absolutely SHIT! Nice gash on his head lol! Man, there are some big fuckers on this season, huh? AND WTF Rampaged RAPED that door on the season previews! Holy shit!

TPT
09-16-2009, 11:36 PM
a somewhat uneventful first show. lets see what happens next week.

Swede
09-17-2009, 07:08 AM
Worthless first fight.
Even if the other dude dominated he didn't really do much, just controlled.

But FUCKING HELL what a cut lol!

Rampage is sooo fucking funny lol.

robert da strongman
09-17-2009, 07:26 AM
i was on the fence about UFC lately. the show, event though a crappy fight, made me a believer again. Rashad and Rampage are going to just lose it on each other.

stephaniewicked
09-17-2009, 09:38 AM
The Rampage/Rashad beef is wayyy more entertaining to me than the Shamrock/Ortiz one ever was.

And damn that gash was deeeeeeep!

I hope the season turns out to be a good one...

robert da strongman
09-17-2009, 09:56 AM
does anyone think they are hyping up kimbo too much?

Mirko Cro Cop
09-17-2009, 10:50 AM
The Rampage/Rashad beef is wayyy more entertaining to me than the Shamrock/Ortiz one ever was.

And damn that gash was deeeeeeep!

I hope the season turns out to be a good one...

I can't agree with that, Shamrock and Ortiz genuinely hated each other. Rampage and Rashad just look like they're trying to make people believe they hate each other.

Swede
09-17-2009, 11:01 AM
does anyone think they are hyping up kimbo too much?

Kimbo is a biiiiig draw to the viewers.. So no..

Well talent wise he probably isn't up to par.

ebfitness
09-17-2009, 11:28 AM
What did that door ever do to Rampage?

-Z-
09-17-2009, 12:09 PM
"If I got that target, mothafucka aim, shoot." -Kimbo

"We gonna be doin tha stanky leg, like when Machida knocked Rashad out." -Rampage

LOL I fuckin love it, TEAM RAMPAGE FTW! Although his 1st guy was OWNED did absolutely SHIT! Nice gash on his head lol! Man, there are some big fuckers on this season, huh? AND WTF Rampaged RAPED that door on the season previews! Holy shit!

http://i25.tinypic.com/1f9r11.gif (http://www.mma-core.com/gifs/GifDetails.aspx?gid=10000858&tid=105)

-Z-
09-17-2009, 12:10 PM
What did that door ever do to Rampage?

It's blue, he hates blue.

ANADROLicfreak
09-17-2009, 12:14 PM
is it just me or is rampage a terrible coach?i personally cant stand him and i hope rashad knocks him into tommorrow.

-Z-
09-17-2009, 12:19 PM
He may suck as a coach, but he is fucking hilarious.

-Z-
09-17-2009, 12:25 PM
It looks like the replay is on tonight at 11pm for anyone who missed it.

robert da strongman
09-17-2009, 03:36 PM
http://i25.tinypic.com/1f9r11.gif (http://www.mma-core.com/gifs/GifDetails.aspx?gid=10000858&tid=105)

cant wait to see that...

juggernaut
09-17-2009, 06:01 PM
hollllyyyy fuhhhhhhhckin shit.

I think I taught him in high school.

juggernaut
09-17-2009, 06:02 PM
I can't agree with that, Shamrock and Ortiz genuinely hated each other. Rampage and Rashad just look like they're trying to make people believe they hate each other.I agree. too many goofy looking smiles are shot across at each other

Bryan Hildebrand
09-17-2009, 06:54 PM
the fight was a bore. it looks as if they dug the depths of bullshit to bring the number to 16. they are big. real big... kimbo is hyped and wont fight until week 4 or 5 at least. keeps people watching. hell, based on tat line up, me as a red belt in tkd and a colegiate wrestler, strongman, pwoerlifter stood a chance in that roster.

phillymuscle
09-18-2009, 12:44 AM
I like kimbo. But it'll only be a matter of time until he matchs up with a good ground fighter that'll probly take him down and do just enough to get a decision. Semi finals as my pick

Canuck_Muscle
09-18-2009, 09:35 AM
Kimbo is a tough fuck with one of the hardest strikes around. It will be interesting. Only time will tell but with certain guys he could go toe to toe I am sure.

-Z-
09-18-2009, 01:29 PM
The season debut of “The Ultimate Fighter 10” shattered the network’s previous ratings record for the show with a whopping 4.1 million viewers (5.3 rating), according to a press release distributed by Spike TV Thursday.

The series’ previous highpoint was 2.8 million viewers for the live finale of “The Ultimate Fighter 3” in 2006, said the release.

The addition of streetfighting sensation Kimbo Slice to the 16-man heavyweight cast helped the cable network top the Men 18-34, 18-49, 18-24, and 25-34 demos, beating out “The Jay Leno Show,” “America’s Got Talent” season finale and others, according to the release.

The debut also grabbed 3.2 million viewers in the co-gender Person 18-49 demographic.

Arnoldnumerouno
09-18-2009, 06:12 PM
You all are assuming it's a legitimate competition.
Dana White went out of his way to bring Kimbo out of retirement for this show.
Kimbo vs Lesnar would be the biggest UFC fight of all time.

Mirko Cro Cop
09-18-2009, 06:14 PM
You all are assuming it's a legitimate competition.
Dana White went out of his way to bring Kimbo out of retirement for this show.
Kimbo vs Lesnar would be the biggest UFC fight of all time.

What the hell is wrong with you?

gymguy30
09-18-2009, 06:35 PM
Kimbo is a good stand up fighter, on the ground he's a sitting duck. No one should under estimate the guy. He's in dam good shape for his age too. Did anyone see the recent ufc fight on tv. Probably the most bloodest I've ever seen, suprised they didn't stop it.

Plates
09-19-2009, 01:01 AM
What the hell is wrong with you?

Haha!!!

Plates
09-19-2009, 12:27 PM
This season should be good. The 1st elimination "thing" was a joke, and the worst "thing" I have ever seen. You cannot constitute that as a fight. Sounds like Slice will be up soon.

Ill take Nelson to win it all.

DannyG
09-19-2009, 01:04 PM
The season debut of “The Ultimate Fighter 10” shattered the network’s previous ratings record for the show with a whopping 4.1 million viewers (5.3 rating), according to a press release distributed by Spike TV Thursday.

The series’ previous highpoint was 2.8 million viewers for the live finale of “The Ultimate Fighter 3” in 2006, said the release.

The addition of streetfighting sensation Kimbo Slice to the 16-man heavyweight cast helped the cable network top the Men 18-34, 18-49, 18-24, and 25-34 demos, beating out “The Jay Leno Show,” “America’s Got Talent” season finale and others, according to the release.

The debut also grabbed 3.2 million viewers in the co-gender Person 18-49 demographic.

That's impressive. Tonight the UFC will go head to head with boxing on the PPV and it will be interesting to see those numbers.

TPT
09-23-2009, 11:02 PM
oh damn. next week we got kimbo against big country. that is huge.

DannyG
09-23-2009, 11:03 PM
Yeah should be a good fight...tonight's fight sucked ass again.

TPT
09-23-2009, 11:06 PM
Yeah should be a good fight...tonight's fight sucked ass again.

this could of been the final and we got it week three! i will take a chance and pick kimbo. should be huge ratings.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
09-23-2009, 11:08 PM
Is it just me, or am I probably right in feeling that they are just going to push Kimbo to the end, even if he loses?

DannyG
09-23-2009, 11:16 PM
Is it just me, or am I probably right in feeling that they are just going to push Kimbo to the end, even if he loses?

I could see how that could happen if Roy puts a beating on him...anyone have an idea of who else could beat down Kimbo other than Roy? After seeing Rashad's number one pick fight i don't see much competion for Kimbo at this point...but who knows what these other fighters have in them.

DannyG
09-23-2009, 11:18 PM
this could of been the final and we got it week three! i will take a chance and pick kimbo. should be huge ratings.

Yeah for sure i thought they would of waited for Kimbo to fight just to keep the ratings...other than Kimbo Vs. Nelson i don't know what other fight will top that one...maybe Rashad vs. Jackson in a bare knuckle street fight.

JLucas
09-24-2009, 01:37 AM
Wont we never see the rampage/evans fight since rampage appartenely retired yesterday?

juggernaut
09-24-2009, 06:15 AM
From his blog:

"The UFC has done a lot for me but I think I have done more for them. The UFC bought WFA to get my contract & they saved my life, so I felt loyal to them. They pushed me into a fight with Chuck Liddel even when I clearly stated I wasn't ready to fight for the belt because the American fans didn't know me but I took the fight and didn't complain & after I won the American fans booed me for the first time which changed the way I saw them & it hurt me deeply.

Then before I can even get out of the cage they announced that I was fighting Dan Henderson without even asking me. After I beat Dan Henderson, I made history in becoming the first undisputed champion in MMA but was never even given the pride belt in the cage & I was never promoted as the undisputed champ. Later Anderson Silva was.

Then they had me coach TUF season 7 and fight Forrest and the fight was very controversial & normally when a fight is that close & controversial there is normally an instant replay. I can name a couple of instances. Instead they offered me the Vanderlei Silva fight which I gladly accepted even though I know it was a very risky fight for me to take because of all the drama that was happening to me at the time. I fought that fight with a jaw injury and then a couple weeks later Dana called me and asked me to fight Rashad. For the first time I said no, I didn't want to fight because it was such short notice & I wouldn't have had a long break between camp. Dana talked me into fighting Rashad anyway but Rashad refused the fight and so I had to fight Jardine as a favor to the UFC instead of getting my belt back (which wasn't even worth it to me financially).

Then I reinjured my jaw in the fight with Vanderlei & Jardine. Frank Mir gets hurt so they wanted to switch my fight from UFC 100 to the fight Frank couldn't make it to but I couldn't fight cause I needed jaw surgury. So they give Machida the fight against Rashad & they told me they want me to coach TUF season 10 against Rashad. That's why I wanted Rashad to win so bad but when Rashad got knocked out I told them I wanted to fight Machida for the belt but Dana told me if I coach TUF against Rashad that I could fight Machida afterwards cause this was a different type of ultimate fighter show they were doing. After I signed the contract Dana then changes his mind & says I have to fight Rashad & even told me what to say in the press & so my fans think I was scared to fight Machida. After all that I still never complained & I did it all.

Then this movie role came about that I have been trying to get for over a year & as soon as I found out I was close to getting it, I called Dana right away & asked to push the Memphis fight back just a month or so. I told him what this movie role meant to me. I told him that I used to bond with my father watching the tv show as a kid when my parents where still married & it represents the memories I had with my father when we lived together. My dad became an alcohalic & addicted to drugs & we grew apart. But after my dad got his life back together, I was so proud of my dad & I told him I would always take care of him in the future & make him proud of me. My dad & I are still very big fans of the show & I am basically doing this for the childhood memories I had spending time in front of the tv with my dad. Dana went on the internet & mocked me because of that & I still did nothing. Dana & I finally talked & we made up & then after that he went back on the internet & said some bullshit & he was talking bad about the movie when information is not even supposed to be released & talking about payments which is not even true could really hurt my future acting career, which could very well last longer than my fighting career. I'm not like Randy Couture. My body has been getting so many different injuries that I wont be able to fight until my forties & neither do I want to fight that long. So I feel like my second career could be in jeopardy.. so I'm done fighting. I've been getting negative reviews from the dumb ass fans that don't pay my bills or put my kids though college. So I'm hanging it up. I'm gonna miss all my loyal fans but hopefully they'll follow me to my new career & I will gain more loyal fans along the way. & all you hater fans out there can kiss my big black hairy ass! & anybody that don't like what I just said can come try to kick my ass!

I still feel the UFC is a great organization and I felt like I was very loyal to them but they didn't respect my loyalty but I wish the UFC the best. I did a lot of things for them. I wish no bad blood between us but I have kids & a family back in Memphis to provide for & thats all that matters to me!"

WTF????

Wahhhhhhh they disrespected me waahhhhhhh I'm a bitch and got stepped on wahhhhhhhhhh

Motherfucker-does he know how many people want a quarter of his fame and money? My son and his friends are all MMA fighters with aspirations of becoming UFC fighters and they live, eat, shit and breathe MMA fighting. They love the sport but they try to keep their feet on the ground and live their lives. Rambitch has all that and it still isnt good enough for him. What a dick. I hope Rashad beats the living shit out of him to a point where he is a comatose vegetable.

-Z-
09-24-2009, 07:15 AM
Sorry, could stay up last night ans watch the show, who fought? Anything interesting happen? And Kimbo is fighting next week?

firsthorseman97
09-24-2009, 09:06 AM
Sorry, could stay up last night ans watch the show, who fought? Anything interesting happen? And Kimbo is fighting next week?

Last night was Shivers vs. McSweeney. McSweeney won via decision. Yes, next week Kimbo vs. Nelson.

juggernaut
09-24-2009, 10:27 AM
piratebay.org has all the episodes.

Biggie973
09-24-2009, 11:49 AM
I can't wait to see Kimbo fight next week

-Z-
09-24-2009, 12:14 PM
Last night was Shivers vs. McSweeney. McSweeney won via decision. Yes, next week Kimbo vs. Nelson.

Thank ya

piratebay.org has all the episodes.

Very nice

I can't wait to see Kimbo fight next week

He'll get KOed.

Sensei
09-24-2009, 01:46 PM
Kimbo getting matched up against the best heavyweight there is bad for kimbo, I see kimbo losing. But I also think later on in the show someone will get injured or kicked off & Kimbo will get a second chance & possibly get in the finals that way

Chmbrspns3
09-24-2009, 02:19 PM
Kimbo Expected to Fight for UFC after TUF (Slight Spoilers) (http://forums.mmajunkie.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17909#p471541)

http://forums.mmajunkie.com/styles/prosilver/imageset/icon_post_target.gif (http://forums.mmajunkie.com/viewtopic.php?p=471541#p471541)by HBK42581 (http://forums.mmajunkie.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=7754) on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:27 pm
As if there was ever any doubt. Dave Meltzer (take it for what it's worth) reports the following:

- Kimbo Slice vs. Roy Nelson is expected to take place on the 9/30 show or the week after.

- Dana White told the Los Angeles Times (according to Dave Meltzer, as I can't find the original story myself) that Kimbo Slice will continue to fight for UFC
after Ultimate Fighter. Most expect Kimbo to fight on the 12/5 UFC show in Las Vegas. According to White, Rashad Evans was impressed with Kimbo and wants him to train at Greg Jackson's camp. Lorenzo Fertitta is also on record as saying he is impressed with Kimbo's performances.

Chmbrspns3
09-24-2009, 02:22 PM
I guess it can be interpreted in different ways, didn't want to put in the TUF 10 thread cause it could be interpreted as him winning next week because it says Fertitta was impressed with his performances, whether that includes pre-TUF fights can be argued.

BigJD69
09-24-2009, 02:25 PM
On the show he is appearing to be very coachable.

-Z-
09-24-2009, 05:03 PM
Roy WILL beat him this week.

Chmbrspns3
09-24-2009, 05:09 PM
Roy WILL beat him this week.

I think your right, Dana knows Kimbo = $$ because people will pay to see him lose and it would be stupid not to have him fight atleast once in the ufc no matter how he did during TUF

TPT
09-24-2009, 05:11 PM
damn spoiler.

lol.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
09-24-2009, 08:57 PM
Well what is the point of having him on the show then?!

-Z-
09-24-2009, 10:18 PM
Well what is the point of having him on the show then?!

http://weblogs.cltv.com/news/local/chicago/Money%20stacks.jpg

Gaoshang Xiongshou
09-24-2009, 10:20 PM
http://weblogs.cltv.com/news/local/chicago/Money%20stacks.jpg

Well yes, that makes sense.

-Z-
09-29-2009, 12:48 PM
Those not interested in the Kimbo Slice-Roy Nelson showdown going down on “The Ultimate Fighter 10” this Wednesday on Spike TV need not read any further.

Slice, whose real name is Kevin Ferguson (http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Kevin-Ferguson-22388), fielded questions from the media Monday during a teleconference call and did nothing to dwindle interest in what will probably be the highest rated episode ever for the cable network.

Slice, 35, faces arguably the most experienced fighter in the bunch in Roy Nelson, a former IFL heavyweight champion and a Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt.

“I knew a little bit of Roy from the IFL,” said Slice during the call. “I saw him when he fought ‘Big Ben,’ Ben Rothwell. I saw when he fought (Andrei) Arlovski,” said Slice. “I knew he was game and he was a fighter.”

Slice’s inclusion on the show can be likened to the goose that continues to lay the golden eggs. The show’s initial two episodes rated as the series’ two most-watched events thus far, as the Bahamian-born streetfighter’s notoriety seems to know no bounds. This, coupled with the fighter’s inexperience in the cage, made Slice a prime target by the remaining 15 heavyweights that joined the cast.

It wasn’t surprising that once Slice’s coach, Quinton “Rampage” Jackson, lost the ability to select the matchups, rival coach Rashad Evans sent Nelson after the bearded “big buck.”

Slice, who admitted he knew very little about the rest of the cast even if he’d had a say in selections, said he wasn’t disappointed by the order in which the matchups played out.

“I wouldn’t want it no other way, man. If I have to lose a fight, I’d rather lose to a guy like that, or someone with a big name, because it just makes sense to have two big names go at it head-to-head,” said Slice. “That’s cool that it’s happening right now. It gets it out of the way and (for the rest) of the duration of the show, people get to see how I react and interact with others after a fight and it’s in the middle of the season, so it worked out perfectly."

Whatever millions of viewers see on Wednesday, Slice seems to have passed the test by his own standards, at least.

“This fight is very exciting,” said Slice. “This is probably, I would say, not hands down, but pound-for-pound a good fight, one of my best fights…I was impressed with my performance. I was impressed with everything. I’m not crying about nothing.”

Slice’s reaction to the aired episodes has focused on how the other heavyweights responded to him. Misconceptions about the father of six, who became an Internet legend for his unscripted and unedited backyard brawling videos in Miami, seemed to run rampant at first.

“I kinda already knew guys were gonna talk sh--, not knowing who I am, not knowing me,” said Slice. “I’m already getting phone calls from some guys apologizing for talking sh-- in the house, so it’s all good.”

Slice, who resides outside Miami, said he’s pitched his tent at American Top Team in Coconut Creek, Fla., to train for an anticipated Dec. bout, more than likely for the show’s live finale on Dec. 5 in Las Vegas. Head instructor Ricardo Liborio has been entailed with task of continuing Slice’s transformation from one-dimensional bruiser to multi-dimensional competitor.

Even by Slice’s own evaluation, Liborio has his work cut out for him. When asked how far his ground skills have progressed since entering the professional leagues two years ago, Slice conceded he’d advanced very little but said he's working on it.

“You’re gonna learn a lot, but you’re not going to master anything in two years," he said. "Mixed martial arts, it’s that type of training where you learn with life. The more you roll, the more you learn. As long as you live, you’re gonna learn as you live… It’s not something you learn and you got it, then you go, go, go and kick someone’s a--. No, no, no. That’s something that you have to continue to do.”

Slice said he’ll look to make ATT his homebase, at least for his next few fights.

“I want to do this one training from home,” said Slice. “I need a camp now. I need to belong to a home.”

In other notes:

• Shooting down this week’s obnoxious rumor that Slice pulled a gun after getting armbarred in training at ATT: “First of all, I carry my gun wherever I go. I don’t have to leave and come back with nothing,” said Slice. “I was at ATT a couple of years ago and I got armbarred, but I didn’t go get no pistol or nothing like that or come back with no pistol. I got armbarred and didn’t like it, but I know how to defend that sh-- now, so I won’t be having that problem anymore."

• Shooting down rumor No. 2 that Slice declined three rematch opportunities with Seth Petruzelli, the only man to beat him so far: “Seth needs to careful now because we both live in the same backyard and I know that little sissy ice cream shop he got and I could walk in there at any given time and say, ‘What’s up, man?’ No one never approached me with no rematch with Seth and I never turned that sh-- down. That right there is BS bullsh--.”

Slice said if Petruzelli were to re-sign with the UFC and the promotion and fans wanted it, he’d gladly take the rematch.

• On coach Quinton “Rampage” Jackson’s retirement revelation: “He’s not walking away from the UFC. Rampage is chasing his career right now,” said Slice. “Fighting was his job…his bread and butter. He’s an actor as well. Right now, he’s just putting fighting on hold.”

Though Slice said he hasn’t spoken with Jackson recently, he whole-heartedly supported Jackson’s decision.

• Speaking of acting, Slice is reporting in a week and a half to Texas to shoot a small role in a film, but said the 2- to 3-day shoot won’t affect training.

“A three-month training camp is what I’m used to,” said Slice. “I’m in camp now for my fight in December. I’m never away for two weeks or three weeks or anything like that. I wouldn’t do anything that takes three weeks of my time when I know I have a fight coming up. That would be just stupid on my part.”

• Slice told reporters his stamina has never been an issue in a three-round fight, citing his bout with James Thompson at EliteXC.

• Though he weighs a comfortable 230 pounds most days, Slice said he’d be willing to shed the pounds to fight at light heavyweight if the promoters asked him to do so.

• Slice seemed open to a training jaunt with rival coach, Rashad Evans, who voiced his interest in bringing Slice to his famed camp.

“That would be a possibility,” said Slice. “Greg Jackson’s camp, I’ve heard, is the best that’s out there right now. Anyone who’s trying to become a fighter or if you’re fighter and you want to become a better fighter, other than American Top Team, Greg Jackson’s camp is the best one out there.

• Momma Slice seemed to believe backyard brawling was a better alternative to drug dealing or burglary:

“I couldn’t get selling drugs, or stealing something for somebody or breaking into someone’s house. I couldn’t get caught with a mother like mine, so I had to find another way to make a living,” said Slice.

sherdog.com

-Z-
09-29-2009, 12:54 PM
I can't wait to see this fight.

snachito
09-29-2009, 01:16 PM
You can say what you want about Kimbo, but he ain't no sissy and will fight anybody!!!

hulkish808
09-29-2009, 02:02 PM
so he loses his match with Nelson I'm guessing?

-Z-
09-29-2009, 03:24 PM
^Yeah, I'm pretty sure.

Mirko Cro Cop
09-29-2009, 03:27 PM
There is little to no chance he could beat Nelson, they're leagues apart.

Stavman
09-29-2009, 03:31 PM
Is Nelson that fat fuck?

Mirko Cro Cop
09-29-2009, 03:33 PM
Is Nelson that fat fuck?

Yep.

Stavman
09-29-2009, 03:35 PM
Yep.

Jesus, just run around the cage so fat boy will get winded. THEN STRIKE FIRST, STRIKE HARD, NO MERCY SIR!!!!

Gaoshang Xiongshou
09-29-2009, 04:11 PM
Jesus, just run around the cage so fat boy will get winded. THEN STRIKE FIRST, STRIKE HARD, NO MERCY SIR!!!!

Long live Cobra Kai :headbang:

-Z-
09-29-2009, 05:47 PM

Roy is underrated, he can fight.

JLucas
09-29-2009, 06:08 PM
I think roy's bjj will be the deciding factor in the kimbo fight but kimbo has much more potential to progress and suceed in MMA. Roy is terriblely out of shape, conditioning alone could easily spell disaster for him in matchups in the MMA/UFC, esp. against a strong wrestler who could hang with him for multiple rounds and just wait for him to get winded. Obviously fighters are less likely to use their skills at their highest potency if they are tired/winded

-Z-
09-29-2009, 06:42 PM
I think roy's bjj will be the deciding factor in the kimbo fight but kimbo has much more potential to progress and suceed in MMA. Roy is terriblely out of shape, conditioning alone could easily spell disaster for him in matchups in the MMA/UFC, esp. against a strong wrestler who could hang with him for multiple rounds and just wait for him to get winded. Obviously fighters are less likely to use their skills at their highest potency if they are tired/winded

Yep, he would get crushed by guys like Lesnar, Nog, Carwin, etc.

-Z-
09-29-2009, 09:57 PM
Tomorrow night, Kimbo Vs Nelson.

Mr X
09-30-2009, 09:23 AM

Long live Cobra Kai :headbang:

Cobra Kai never dies!

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/752/cobrakaifistbig.jpg (http://www.imagehosting.com/)

juggernaut
09-30-2009, 09:32 AM
Kimbo getting matched up against the best heavyweight there is bad for kimbo, I see kimbo losing. But I also think later on in the show someone will get injured or kicked off & Kimbo will get a second chance & possibly get in the finals that way
its hilarious to see them bitch when someone comes back.

I dont think Kimbo is going to lose. Guy's a fucking nut.

DannyG
09-30-2009, 12:53 PM
Yeah i cant wait to watch this one...my prediction goes to Kimbo for a first round tko.

hulkish808
09-30-2009, 01:41 PM
from that previous article posted about Kimbo, it sounds like he may lose to Nelson...either way White said he's got a place for Kimbo in the UFC

on a side-note, my mom's cousin was Tito's wrestling coach, when he had the belt, and said never again LOL

2manytoyz
09-30-2009, 04:20 PM
damn i have to wait to Saturday to watch this, damn UK

Kimbo has huge potential he has just been hyped way too much.

cobra
09-30-2009, 10:11 PM
I really wish Rampage would have knocked that fucking Brit out.

DannyG
09-30-2009, 10:50 PM
Damn Kimbo was in trouble in round one...haha...good thing the ref didn't stop it.

DannyG
09-30-2009, 10:51 PM
If he can just stay on his feet he'll be ok...if Roy takes him to the ground again then it's over.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
09-30-2009, 11:11 PM
That fight looked thrown to me.

Chmbrspns3
09-30-2009, 11:14 PM
I dont know if it was just me but that was a pretty sad fight

JLucas
10-01-2009, 12:01 AM
I think Kimbo looked good standing, if he keeps learning and training I think he will be an exciting and skilled fighter, just doesnt possess much of a ground game presently. On the other hand, I hope Rampage fucking stomps Fatass Roy Nelson for being a cocky loser for a very underwheliming win.

JLucas
10-01-2009, 12:02 AM
I cant stand looking at a fat fighter, I dont kno y, it just irritates me. The only fat fighter I like is butterbean.

Northman
10-01-2009, 02:52 AM
Damnt, wtf how did Kimbo loose? Kimbo looked to be in great shape, I guess the guy has no ground skills.

juggernaut
10-01-2009, 06:44 AM
wasnt that bad of a fight. Kimbo needs to work on technique to be truly unstoppable.

-Z-
10-01-2009, 07:33 AM
"How do you get the moon off ya?" -Rampage

LMFAO, Roy fought like a puss. Weak fight.

juggernaut
10-01-2009, 07:40 AM
I'll bet Filo Betto could beat all of their asses.

http://www.moviecatcher.net/images/every-which-way-but-loose12.jpg

TheTransformator
10-01-2009, 07:48 AM
Christ...what a bad fight...don't understand the stoppage...they were pussy hits...

Mirko Cro Cop
10-01-2009, 08:10 AM
Christ...what a bad fight...don't understand the stoppage...they were pussy hits...

Kimbo wasn't defending himself and he was not trying to reverse the position.

A win is a win, and Kimbo got beat!

-Z-
10-01-2009, 09:15 AM
Kimbo wasn't defending himself and he was not trying to reverse the position.

A win is a win, and Kimbo got beat!

True, but Roy showed nothing.

Chmbrspns3
10-01-2009, 10:32 AM
True, but Roy showed nothing.

From what Ive seen that tsems to be he theme of the show, I don't think any of the 3 guys who won so far have shown anything, From what they've shown none of these guys seem like they would stand a chance in the heavyweight division as it is now.

Plates
10-01-2009, 10:52 AM
All of these heavyweights are fucking boring. Roy Nelson is terrible, and the best one on the show. I thought Kimbo looked good standing against Roy. Obviously his ground game was lackluster, but he did well for the little training he's had. Having said that, do you really think Roy will beat any decent heavyweight in the current division? I'll say maybe Al Turk if he's lucky.

stephaniewicked
10-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Damnt, wtf how did Kimbo loose? Kimbo looked to be in great shape, I guess the guy has no ground skills.

Roy's fat ass was just laying on him. I know Kimbo needs to improve on his ground stuff, but I still thought it was a bit unfair... I really wish Dean would have stood them up because there were a few points where not much action was going on.

K did flip around at one point and almost got back up until Nelson sat back on top of him. That was sad to watch... even Dana said that Roy was walking around like he was "the man" afterward, when he did justttt enough to win.

-Z-
10-01-2009, 01:08 PM
kimbo fight preview

Yeah, a little late.

Mirko Cro Cop
10-01-2009, 01:13 PM
Roy's fat ass was just laying on him. I know Kimbo needs to improve on his ground stuff, but I still thought it was a bit unfair... I really wish Dean would have stood them up because there were a few points where not much action was going on.

K did flip around at one point and almost got back up until Nelson sat back on top of him. That was sad to watch... even Dana said that Roy was walking around like he was "the man" afterward, when he did justttt enough to win.

He was on the offensive at all time when they were on the ground, he was always noticably working for a better position or taking advantage of the better position. Kimbo was absolutly terrible, his ground skills didn't even look like they'd improved since the Thompson fight.

Plates
10-01-2009, 01:19 PM
He was on the offensive at all time when they were on the ground, he was always noticably working for a better position or taking advantage of the better position. Kimbo was absolutly terrible, his ground skills didn't even look like they'd improved since the Thompson fight.

Or his gas tank

Arnoldnumerouno
10-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Kimbo looked helpless http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a369/alexmotherfuckinglaje/upside-down_turtle2.jpglike a turtle that got turned over on its shell.

TheTransformator
10-01-2009, 03:44 PM
This Roy is soo full of himself...I hope he gets beaten to near death...what a knuckle head...appearently he was not good enough to be invited in the UFC as a professional so he takes the ultimate fighter route taking a chance away for some real talent...I'm no Kimbo fan...but hell...he seems at least quite solid in his mindset...not flying high above the ground...

toddbz
10-01-2009, 05:16 PM
Kimbo almost looked confused in his game plan. He hardly threw any punches and just let that fat fuck walk right in. Now granted I thought he did pretty damn good when Roy had him standing against the cage.
Now granted when Kimbo was on the ground that was the saddest defense ever. My wife walked by the t.v. when that was going on and said "is that dude on the bottom sleeping?" lol

So here's a question. If Roy was in any kind of shape would he even make the heavies? Looks like there's 50lb just on his gut.

TPT
10-01-2009, 10:03 PM
6.1 million viewers for the kimbo fight! wtf!? the most viewed fight ever on spike.

kimbo is a star. even if he lost.

-Z-
10-01-2009, 10:03 PM
A record-setting 6.1 million viewers tuned in to watch Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson enter the Octagon with Roy Nelson, who earned a second-round technical knockout over the Internet backyard brawler Wednesday on “The Ultimate Fighter 10,” according to a press release from Spike TV.

The fight is now the most watched ever on Spike TV, topping Quinton Jackson and Dan Henderson’s middleweight battle at UFC 75 in September 2007, which garnered 5.9 million viewers. A replay of the episode also gained 1.5 million viewers in the 11 p.m. timeslot.

Overall, the series’ third episode drew 5.3 million viewers for a 3.7 household rating, ranking it the most-watched episode of an original series in the six-year history of the channel, said Spike TV.

The episode topped all male demographics, drawing a 6.9 in Men 18-34 (2 million), a 5.4 in M18-49 (3.1 million), and “drew more Men 18-34 than anything else on television this week thus far, except Monday Night Football on ESPN,” according to Spike TV.

The ratings show a whopping 23 percent rise from the season’s first episode on Sept. 16.

sherdog.com

cobra
10-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Sucked seein Kimbo lose that fight, even though I knew it was commin. He still showed some powerful standup though, but ground game needs about 10 years of improvement. So far NONE of these guys stand a chance in the UFC though. And Roy Nelson is officially a bag of douche after seein his attitude after the fight!

juggernaut
10-01-2009, 11:44 PM
figuratively speaking, I think kimbo needs to get a good coach and really learn everything in 2 years max. The problem is, how old is he now?

DannyG
10-02-2009, 02:14 AM
6.1 million viewers for the kimbo fight! wtf!? the most viewed fight ever on spike.

kimbo is a star. even if he lost.

Agree...even though he lost he ain't going anywhere for a while...not as long as he keeps the ratings up.

TPT
10-02-2009, 08:46 AM
Sucked seein Kimbo lose that fight, even though I knew it was commin. He still showed some powerful standup though, but ground game needs about 10 years of improvement. So far NONE of these guys stand a chance in the UFC though. And Roy Nelson is officially a bag of douche after seein his attitude after the fight!

yeah, it did kind of suck. i was pulling for kimbo.

well, roy nelson is a black belt bjj with a lot of pro fights already. so kimbo still has some promise.

TPT
10-02-2009, 08:47 AM
figuratively speaking, I think kimbo needs to get a good coach and really learn everything in 2 years max. The problem is, how old is he now?

i think he was being trained by bas rutten. cant get better than that.

think hes on hgh cause he looks ripped?

TPT
10-02-2009, 08:49 AM
Agree...even though he lost he ain't going anywhere for a while...not as long as he keeps the ratings up.

ratings were crazy! now the country knows who roy nelson is. lol.

gymdog
10-02-2009, 08:58 AM
Rampage should have showed him to sprawl, and why the hell did Kimbo throw that knee when he was going backwards. If the gameplan was to stay up, they should have worked harder on defense.

cobra
10-02-2009, 10:54 AM
LOL I was watching it at work with some guys and I said "I believe Kimbo got on the juice a little before commin on this show..." one of the guys replied, "Nah man, they get tested." LOL Dumbass.

juggernaut
10-02-2009, 11:21 AM
i think he was being trained by bas rutten. cant get better than that.

think hes on hgh cause he looks ripped?why HGH? does the UFC test?

TPT
10-02-2009, 11:53 AM
why HGH? does the UFC test?

im suspicious because he is in much better condition than in the past. ufc fighters are tested for roids and not hgh. i suspect many are on hgh.

however, i dont know if these tuf fighter are tested for anything.

TPT
10-02-2009, 11:54 AM

hes about 35. you think that might be too old?

juggernaut
10-02-2009, 11:54 AM
they are some big boys. I just dont think kimbo is that type of conditioning level. I may be wrong. Is HGH harder to test for?

juggernaut
10-02-2009, 11:55 AM
hes about 35. you think that might be too old?
35 is on the teetering edge of being old for an athlete trying to break into a young guy's game like UFC. IMO obviously. Dont take anything away from kimbo; I believe he can be unstoppable with the right coaching and conditioning.

-Z-
10-02-2009, 12:08 PM
I think his ground game is too weak to ever be a top contender. Can he improve, sure. Age is against him though.

TPT
10-02-2009, 12:09 PM
they are some big boys. I just dont think kimbo is that type of conditioning level. I may be wrong. Is HGH harder to test for?

well, not the level of conditioning that we're used to seeing in bodybuilding.

and hgh is definantly harder to test. of course hgh is banned from baseball and football though mlb and the nfl dont even test for it.

the current test that wada uses for the olympics isnt even reliable. it is only valid if you test hgh use within 1-2 days of use. later this year we might have a test that can be used within a week of hgh use.

so you can see that the ufc isnt going to pay for these high expenses nor care.

juggernaut
10-02-2009, 12:40 PM
How does the body react exactly with HGH in terms of anabolism? Is it better or the same in terms of it? I'm not trying to hijack the already good thread, but this stuff is pretty expensive and AAS is much cheaper.

cobra
10-02-2009, 02:41 PM
Pretty interesting topic though, I've always wondered like if HGH is what the athletes are on more so than AAS...? I mean, you don't here about NFL players bein busted for juice or anything, but OBVIOUSLY these guys have to be doin somethin..NBA also.

-Z-
10-02-2009, 04:38 PM
My guess...

NFL- aas & hgh
NBA- Lots of stimulants
MMA- Anavar, anavar, anavar. Some gh but most fighters don't make enough to afford it. Drop anavar 4 weeks out and you're good.
MLB-Who fucking cares
NHL- Again, who cares
Nascar- Please drive yourself into a wall

-Z-
10-02-2009, 04:40 PM
HGH will never have a reliable test it's too natural.

cobra
10-02-2009, 05:16 PM
My guess...

NFL- aas & hgh
NBA- Lots of stimulants
MMA- Anavar, anavar, anavar. Some gh but most fighters don't make enough to afford it. Drop anavar 4 weeks out and you're good.
MLB-Who fucking cares
NHL- Again, who cares

Damn, tried to rep you but I gotta spread em around. FUCK NASCAR! (and baseball)

cobra
10-02-2009, 05:17 PM
And guys, forgive me for my ignorance, but I don't know shit about AAS or anything of the sort, but HOW DO these guys get passed the test??

Chmbrspns3
10-02-2009, 07:59 PM
HERB DEAN GIVES HIS SIDE OF NELSON/KIMBO STORY
Friday, October 02, 2009 - by Steven Marrocco - MMAWeekly.com

MMAWeekly.com on Thursday spoke exclusively to referee Herb Dean, who oversaw the elimination fight between Roy Nelson and Kimbo Slice on the third episode of "The Ultimate Fighter: The Heavyweights."

Nelson used his grappling prowess to overcome Slice, earning (http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=9689&zoneid=2#) a TKO stoppage in just over two minutes of the second round.

Subsequent to the fight's air, Nelson openly criticized Dean's judgment regarding the end of the first round, where Nelson's positional dominance threatened to end the fight.

Dean addressed Nelson's claims and the reasoning behind his call of the fight.

MMAWeekly: Firstly, Roy claimed that you didn’t stop the fight in the first round because of Kimbo’s status on the show. How do you respond to that?

Dean: Well, it’s not that complicated. I’m there to protect the fighter’s safety. Kimbo got up after that round pretty quick and spry, right? If I stop a fight it’s because I believe a fighter’s not fighting back, because he can’t. And there’s reasons why a fighter can’t fight back. One is a positional reason like Roy had on Kimbo. It was positional. Could (Kimbo) handle blows and continue to fight? He did. He made it to the end of the (first) round and continued to fight. If the blows were any less, I would have actually stood them up. The blows were strong enough to warrant being on the ground, but they weren't strong enough for me to stop the fight.

MMAWeekly: Were you looking at the clock at all and weighing the force of the blows with the time left in the round?

Dean: Most definitely. I believe that if (Roy) has position on him in the beginning of the round, that means that he’s going to stay there for the whole round, obviously Kimbo couldn’t solve that position. But with those blows, was he not fighting back because he was hurt? No, he was fine. So I didn’t have any reason to stand or stop the fight. If the fighter is not hurt, why should I stop the fight?

MMAWeekly: So you felt the blows that Kimbo was taking in the second round were, whereas the ones in the first round weren’t?

Dean: Well, I believe that the blows were solid blows. In the first round, they were solid blows, just like in the second round, but in the second round, it was the beginning of the round that he was down there. I can’t allow him – he was not going to improve his position, he was not going to solve it – I couldn’t allow him five minutes of that in the second round. Could I allow him to take it for 30 seconds in the first? Sure.

MMAWeekly: Were your decisions in the ring influenced at all by Kimbo and his standing with the UFC?

Dean: No, I make calls based on my conscience, based on what I think is fair, what I think is the right thing to do. I’m the one that has to sleep at night. I sleep fine. I believe that I try to make the fairest, safest calls. This job (http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=9689&zoneid=2#) is more serious than me continuing to do my job. People’s careers (http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=9689&zoneid=2#) and their safety are on the line. I’m not going to make a political decision when the stakes are that large.

MMAWeekly: Roy said that he got into it with you after the fight…

Dean: Well, that’s not getting into it with me. He’s made a statement. By getting into it means that I guess I have to respond. He said some things. Whatever. Fighters say things all the time. I have a lot of respect for Roy, what he’s done in the sport. His statements that he’s making, I don’t really understand those. You’re there to try to win, try to beat the fighter, try to win in the most decisive way possible. Not to not be hurting your fighter, but taking advantage of a technicality for their safety.

MMAWeekly: Did you receive any feedback from the Nevada State Athletic Commission? Any from the UFC?

Dean: The commission was fine with my decision. The UFC doesn’t talk to me about my decision. I don’t know why people think that there’s a lot of communication with us going back and forth as far as what’s going on in the matches. There wasn’t anything that we needed to discuss. The fight was done, and we went home. It was pretty clear.

juggernaut
10-02-2009, 08:26 PM
MLB-Who fucking cares
NHL- Again, who cares

that was the funniest shit I read today.

-Z-
10-02-2009, 09:10 PM
Hmmm, either way it was a lame ass fight.

ANADROLicfreak
10-02-2009, 10:32 PM
^^^^^truth!

-Z-
10-02-2009, 11:20 PM
sherdog.com

For Kimbo: A lot of people are criticizing your ground game and despite the practices in your ground game with Rampage, it didn't really show in your fight with Roy. Was his weight really that much of a problem, that it made it hard for you to use the new skills you learned?
-- Greg from Upstate NY

Kimbo Slice: His weight was a little bit of an issue, but not that much of an issue. The skills I learned with Rampage, I didn’t learn them enough. I didn’t go over everything enough to be able to get out of that position. I’m still working and learning on the ground and I have a long way to go. I’m criticizing my own ground game. I have to work on not getting back into that same crucifix position again.

juggernaut
10-02-2009, 11:30 PM
I like Kimbo; guy is humble. I really do believe the weight was an issue, as Rampage said, it's like the moon dropping on you....how do you get the moon off you?

-Z-
10-02-2009, 11:31 PM
And guys, forgive me for my ignorance, but I don't know shit about AAS or anything of the sort, but HOW DO these guys get passed the test??

Timing: Get off soon enough to test clean.

Mask: Use another drug to cover up the drug being tested for.

Plates
10-03-2009, 09:59 AM
Timing: Get off soon enough to test clean.

In which Stephen Bonnar, Sean Sherk, Chris Leben, and Josh Barnett are clearly not good at. :no:

Plates
10-03-2009, 10:15 AM
Very lame fight. However, fat fuck Roy Nelson has no room to tell Herb Dean how to do his job. Herb is a black belt in BJJ, Im sure he would have a few pointers for Roy if he wanted to, however that's not his job. Fuck Roy Nelson.......the guy is never going to make it in the HW UFC class ever.

-Z-
10-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Very lame fight. However, fat fuck Roy Nelson has no room to tell Herb Dean how to do his job. Herb is a black belt in BJJ, Im sure he would have a few pointers for Roy if he wanted to, however that's not his job. Fuck Roy Nelson.......the guy is never going to make it in the HW UFC class ever.

It would be easy to shut Nelson up, put him in there with Brock. He would get a taste of his own medicine.

Mr X
10-03-2009, 10:57 AM
All I gained from watching this fight is what I believed all along Kimbo is a pretty cool guy who is just trying to improve and Nelson is an out of shape asshole that employs the all too familiar carpet tactic.

I've called Dana and told him to rename the UFC to the UGC "The Ultimate Grappling Championships"

The whole trend of MMA these days to fight NOT to lose is pissing me off, I wanna see fucking FIGHTERS!

ahhh I feel better know.

ps Fuck Roy Nelson.

Plates
10-03-2009, 11:07 AM
ps. Fuck Roy Nelson in small font!!! lol

I agree whole heartily with all you just said.

Mr X
10-03-2009, 11:10 AM
^^Smart man

Plates
10-03-2009, 11:43 AM
lol @ Roy Nelson for thinking he can make it in the UFC

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O0_UhcpG_ww&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O0_UhcpG_ww&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mr X
10-03-2009, 11:48 AM
^^A modern day retelling of Moby dick.

2manytoyz
10-04-2009, 03:37 PM

Its pretty amazing how fast certain steroids leave the system. Like Z said its all about timing. Somethings can leave the system in few weeks and things like deca can show up 18 months down the road. Which alot of mma fighters have been caught with.

2manytoyz
10-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Just saw the episode yesterday as the UK is always behind. I have been following Kimbo for a while, if he had a good coach he could be a good fighter. Its a shame he isn't on Rashards team. Greg Jackson could have shown in the way.

2manytoyz
10-04-2009, 03:44 PM
lol @ Roy Nelson for thinking he can make it in the UFC

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O0_UhcpG_ww&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O0_UhcpG_ww&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Get Andre back in the UFC and have him fight roy again.

Plates
10-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Get Andre back in the UFC and have him fight roy again.

What do you think the outcome would be? My guess would be Arlovski 10 out of 10 times.

2manytoyz
10-05-2009, 06:32 PM
What do you think the outcome would be? My guess would be Arlovski 10 out of 10 times.

I agree but it would shut nelson up and maybe we could see the old Andre back

KTTraining
10-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Just saw the episode yesterday as the UK is always behind. I have been following Kimbo for a while, if he had a good coach he could be a good fighter. Its a shame he isn't on Rashards team. Greg Jackson could have shown in the way.

Not sure if your aware but Kimbo has already had aprox. two and a half years of top notch training. He is not a 'rookie' as he likes to say.

2manytoyz
10-06-2009, 05:26 AM
Not sure if your aware but Kimbo has already had aprox. two and a half years of top notch training. He is not a 'rookie' as he likes to say.

Who did he train with, Bas? Even though he was an amazing fighter I still think Jackson is a better camp right now.

I thought he trained with Randy for a little bit also. Anyways he should do well with ATT

JLucas
10-06-2009, 11:31 PM

Most mma fighters have trained in their base maritial arts for many years, hell even decades. 2 and half years is a blip of exprience compared to most, even if its the tippest toppest of top notch training. Kimbo was a street fighter with zero formal training.

JLucas
10-06-2009, 11:34 PM
Who did he train with, Bas? Even though he was an amazing fighter I still think Jackson is a better camp right now.

I thought he trained with Randy for a little bit also. Anyways he should do well with ATT

Ya he trained with Bas, and the trainer of Randy or something like that. I think with Greg Jackson behind him, Kimbo will make leaps and bounds in his abilities. Only time will tell tho..

-Z-
10-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Here we go. Anyone else watching?

Gaoshang Xiongshou
10-07-2009, 10:04 PM
Yep. I am doing too many things right now :lmao:

-Z-
10-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Yeah I see that you got your game forum.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
10-07-2009, 10:09 PM
Yeah I see that you got your game forum.

:yep:

That does not mean that you will lose me around these parts though. Not at all.

-Z-
10-07-2009, 10:10 PM
:yep:

That does not mean that you will lose me around these parts though. Not at all.

You've go so much stuff in there already I don't even know what kind of thread to make.

I'll be contributing. I'm hooked on madden and fight night.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
10-07-2009, 10:18 PM
You've go so much stuff in there already I don't even know what kind of thread to make.

I'll be contributing. I'm hooked on madden and fight night.

All of that stuff was moved in there from the Coffee Shop. And believe me, there are still threads that I can make. Call some people out in the Smack Talk thread. If they have what it takes, they will step up and get some.

-Z-
10-07-2009, 10:19 PM
I wonder if they're gonna hype Kimbo up every show. It's gonna get old. He probably won't fight again.(on the show)

DannyG
10-07-2009, 10:22 PM
I'm watching and listening to off topic...i think Kimbo will fight again later on though.

-Z-
10-07-2009, 10:22 PM
I hope.

DannyG
10-07-2009, 10:25 PM
yeah me too.

DannyG
10-07-2009, 10:35 PM
Well I hope this fight is better than the last 2.

-Z-
10-14-2009, 10:18 PM
Reminder: The show is on right now!

TPT
10-14-2009, 11:20 PM
man, that match was horrid.

these hammerhouse guys suck!

Plates
10-15-2009, 10:24 AM
I forgot to DVR the fucking thing again. Fuck.......

DannyG
10-15-2009, 11:30 AM
Don't worry you didn't miss too much brother...

-Z-
10-15-2009, 12:21 PM
I really like Rashad after watching this season. Same thing happened with Tito.

Rampage is just Rampage. He's got character, but he's completely useless and he knows it. I feel bad for the people on his team, especially Kimbo.

Kimbo is another great guy, he's got the mental aspect of being a fighter, which is arguably the hardest part, he just needs to get with a trainer who knows how to get him to learn. He seems hungry to learn, but he must be one fo those guys who needs a specific approach for it to really sink in.

I'd love to see him do well.

I agree with all that. Rampage is much more down to earth then I thought. Rampage cracks me up but he's a shitty coach.

Plates
10-15-2009, 01:17 PM
I really like Rashad after watching this season. Same thing happened with Tito.

Rampage is just Rampage. He's got character, but he's completely useless and he knows it. I feel bad for the people on his team, especially Kimbo.

Kimbo is another great guy, he's got the mental aspect of being a fighter, which is arguably the hardest part, he just needs to get with a trainer who knows how to get him to learn. He seems hungry to learn, but he must be one fo those guys who needs a specific approach for it to really sink in.

I'd love to see him do well.

Kimbo is training with American Top Team now with the likes of John Fitch, Josh Koscheck, and Mike Swick. I'm positive that the next time you see Kimbo fight, it will be a different functioning machine.

Northman
10-15-2009, 01:41 PM
I agree with all that. Rampage is much more down to earth then I thought. Rampage cracks me up but he's a shitty coach.

Good athletes make horrible coaches.

-Z-
10-15-2009, 03:40 PM
Better than Shamrock, the guys a joke anymore.

-BLP-
10-15-2009, 03:46 PM
what will be exciting it rampage punch rashad face out of control

-Z-
10-21-2009, 08:18 PM
what will be exciting it rampage punch rashad face out of control

I wish they would just fight, but I guess the A-Team movie is more important.

Anyway the show is on tonight for anyone who forgot.

cobra
10-21-2009, 10:40 PM
that fuckin dude that tried to man up to Rampage kinda pissed me off! Sensitive ass little bitch! LOL, I wish his chunky ass would got KO'd!

TPT
10-21-2009, 10:50 PM
the guy got cut and bleed. kimbo immediatley raised both arms to celebrate.

lmao.

TPT
10-21-2009, 10:51 PM
gyno must be so embarassing.

-Z-
10-22-2009, 08:10 AM
titties

juggernaut
10-22-2009, 08:36 AM
vagina

-Z-
10-22-2009, 08:51 AM
haha, I couldn't quit laughing everytime Rampage said it. I will repeat this though...Rampage is funny as hell and helps make the show more entertaining, but he is a horrible coach. Rashad is and excellent coach. Just the way he approaches situations impresses me. Class act.

ebfitness
10-22-2009, 11:54 AM
Definitely one of the funnier episodes.

-Z-
10-22-2009, 12:19 PM
LOL @ titties

I didn't like it when he got up in Rampage's face though. Saying he could beat him was a step too far. Maybe he doesn't know that the sole reason for TUF's existence is to earn money from fighters who don't have the talent to actually be in the UFC

Rashad and three others not included.

A lot of truth to that.

Plates
10-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Did that fat fuck think he could really KO Rampage?

TPT
10-29-2009, 12:11 AM
decent fight this evening. just with the wrong desicion.

-Z-
10-29-2009, 06:39 PM
I have no idea what happened last night. I've been pretty sick and haven't been up on everything.

-Z-
10-29-2009, 06:41 PM
Evans/Jackson Trash Talking

-Z-
10-29-2009, 09:39 PM
FTSBQXTS4vA

juggernaut
10-29-2009, 10:44 PM
I really wonder of Dana is a true badass that can hold his own in the ring. He talks a lot of shit, but so do a lot of higherups.