PDA

View Full Version : UFC 105: w/Play by Play

dublin-lifter
09-08-2009, 08:44 AM
ULTIMATE FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP® RETURNS TO MANCHESTER, ENGLAND, NOVEMBER 14

MICHAEL ‘THE COUNT’ BISPING AND DAN ‘THE

OUTLAW’ HARDY TAKE ON DANGEROUS ASSIGNMENTS ON NOVEMBER 14, AS BRITAIN’S LEADING MIXED MARTIAL ARTISTS COMPETE TOGETHER ON ONE NIGHT

PLUS MAIN EVENT TO BE ANNOUNCED

London, England – The Ultimate Fighting Championship® organization will once again illuminate the United Kingdom this winter, as UFC 105 heads to the MEN Arena in Manchester, England on Saturday, November 14.

Showcasing a fascinating middleweight (185lbs) showdown between British hero Michael ‘The Count’ Bisping and Denis Kang, as well as a welterweight (170lbs) battle between Dan ‘The Outlaw’ Hardy and Kim Dong-Hyun, UFC 105 will act as a coronation night for the sport of mixed martial arts in the United Kingdom.

Having enjoyed unprecedented success inside the Octagon® in 2009 - including the addition of two new Ultimate Fighter® winners – Great Britain will celebrate on November 14 with a stacked card of leading talent from home and abroad.

Tickets for UFC 105 are priced at £250, £150, £100, £85, £65 and £40 and go on sale for UFC Fight Club members on Thursday, September 10 and for UFC Newsletter subscribers and MEN Arena Newsletter subscribers on Saturday, September 12.
Tickets will then go on general public release on Monday September 14 and will be available via ticketmaster.co.uk and the MEN Arena box office from 10AM.

** Both Michael Bisping and Dan Hardy will be signing autographs at the MEN Arena box office from 5:30pm on Monday September 13.**

#With make-or-break the order of the day at UFC 105, Clitheroe’s Michael Bisping knows only too well the danger he faces against Denis Kang.

The Ultimate Fighter® (TUF®) season three winner remains determined to challenge for the UFC middleweight title and knows that a win over Kang at UFC 105 is imperative.

“Kang is a very good fighter and one of the best in the division,” said Bisping, Britain’s first ever TUF champion from 2006. “This is exactly the sort of fight I need to get right back up there and prove that I’m one of the top guys in the division.

“I’ve watched Kang’s fights over the years and he is very dangerous on the ground with his submissions and is also a powerful striker on his feet. Plus, he’s an explosive fighter. He can explode into a huge strike or takedown from nowhere, which makes him very unpredictable.

“Another thing I’ve noticed is that he never seems to gas in his fights. Going into a fight I can usually plan a strategy and rely on the fact that I will be fresher in the last round than my opponent. However, with Kang I can’t count on that. He’s a great athlete on top of everything else and this could be a very fast-paced fight from start to finish.”

The 30-year-old Bisping (17-2) kicked off the UFC’s invasion of the United Kingdom in April 2007 at UFC 70, when he defeated Elvis Sinosic at the MEN Arena, Manchester. Bisping received staggering support that night, prompting one respected British sports writer to hail the atmosphere as the loudest he’d ever heard at the famous fight venue.
Since that historic evening, Bisping has taken the UFC by storm, scoring wins over Eric Schafer, Sinosic, Matt Hamill, Charles McCarthy, Jason Day and Chris Leben. Now firmly established as one of the UFC’s premier middleweights, Bisping looks to claim the scalp of the hugely respected Kang at UFC 105.

“Both Kang and I are looking to take that next step up the ladder to the top of the division, and there’s so much on the line for both of us,” added ‘The Count’. “I have things to prove and cannot wait to go in all guns blazing in front of my hometown fans in Manchester.”

A talented and battle-tested middleweight, Kang (32-11-1, with 2 No Contests), the Canadian-based ‘Super-Korean’, has faced some of the best fighters in the world, and boasts PRIDE wins over Akihiro Gono and Murilo ‘Ninja’ Rua. Most recently the 31-year-old Kang defeated Xavier Foupa-Pokam over three rounds at UFC 97.

Excited by the potential for fireworks between Bisping and Kang, UFC UK Division President Marshall Zelaznik said: “Both fighters know how important victory will be on November 14 and that can only raise the intensity even further. If UFC 70 was anything to go by, UFC 105 at the MEN Arena will have a furnace-like atmosphere and Michael and Denis are the kind of warriors to thrive on such an atmosphere. This fight could be very special.”

Fireworks are also expected whenever Dan ‘The Outlaw’ Hardy (22-6, with 1 No Contest) enters the Octagon. The Nottingham-based welterweight is enjoying a hot-streak of three straight UFC wins and appears to be getting better with each fight.

The charismatic and dynamic Hardy kicked off his UFC career last October with a thrilling three-round decision verdict over Japanese star Akihiro Gono. ‘The Outlaw’ then signalled his concussive punch power in February, as he emphatically knocked out Rory Markham in just 69 seconds of the first round in London.

The 27-year-old Hardy’s biggest victory to date arrived in June when, following months of bad blood, as he outscored bitter rival Marcus Davis over three hard-fought
rounds.

Standing in his way on November 14 will be Korean sensation Kim ‘Stun Gun’ Dong-Hyun (12-0-1, with 1 No Contest). Currently unbeaten in his mixed martial arts career, Kim has scored UFC wins over Britain’s Jason Tan, Matt Brown and TJ Grant. Armed with some of the most eye-catching judo throws in the sport, Kim looks to present Hardy with a stern test of his credentials at UFC 105.

“Both Mike and I are in there with very dangerous opponents, but at this level that’s what you get,” said Hardy, 3-0 inside the Octagon. “Kim is technically unbeaten and, while he’s been under pressure in his career, has always found a way to win. I will have to break him. He can control people on the ground with his judo and can land strikes. He can boss you on the ground for 15 minutes and that will be his plan.

“But I plan to put a beating on this guy that is so nasty and so one-sided it will be uncomfortable viewing for all the other welterweights in the UFC. I am going to beat him up for a while and then I will catch him with something that really hurts him - then he’ll go to sleep.

“Kim will want to take me down with his judo and bash me up on the ground, but every time he gets close he will eat an elbow or knee in the face. I don’t want a decision, I guarantee a knockout in this one.”

UFC 105 will be screened LIVE on ESPN in the UK and Ireland.

-Z-
09-08-2009, 08:45 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/02/UFC105poster.gif

Event Details
November 14th, 2009
3pm ET/ 8pm GMT
M.E.N. Arena, England

Fight Card
Randy Couture Vs. Brandon Vera
Michael Bisping Vs. Denis Kang
Dan Hardy Vs. Mike Swick
James Wilks Vs. Matt Brown
Ross Pearson Vs. Aaron Riley
Terry Etim Vs. Shannon Gugerty
Paul Taylor Vs. John Hathaway
Nick Osipczak Vs. Matthew Riddle
Alexander Gustafsson Vs. Jared Hamman
Paul Kelly Vs. Dennis Siver
Andre Winner Vs. Rolando Delgado

Sensei
09-08-2009, 11:41 PM
As long as its free on spike I dont care who fights but Kang/Bisping should not be the main event

Chmbrspns3
09-13-2009, 07:56 PM
- COUTURE VS. VERA AGREED TO FOR UFC 105

Sunday, September 13, 2009 - by Steven Marrocco - MMAWeekly.com

A light heavyweight match-up between five-time UFC champion Randy Couture and Brandon Vera is targeted for UFC 105.

The news was first reported by British website Telegraph.co.uk. According to MMAWeekly.com's sources, both fighters have verbally agreed to the fight and are expected to receive bout agreements shortly.

UFC 105 is set for Nov. 14 at the Manchester Evening News Arena in Manchester, England.

Couture (16-10) appeared last month at UFC 102, losing a unanimous decision to former Pride and interim UFC champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira in a bout considered by many to be an instant classic. Following the bout, Couture hinted at a possible drop to 205 pounds, where he fought for nearly three years, thrice winning title honors.

Vera (14-3) fought alongside Couture on the Pacific Northwest card last month, winning a unanimous decision victory over Krzystzof Soszynski. Once a heavyweight himself, Vera has notched a 3-1 Octagon record as a light heavyweight.

Chmbrspns3
09-13-2009, 08:00 PM
I think Randy is gonna win this one, he has to get a win after the two losses besides Vera's last fight was exactly the most thrilling.

JLucas
09-14-2009, 02:45 AM
Vera has been soooo painfully boring ever since he dropped down to light-heavy weight, i hope this fights lights a fire under his ass and he starts knocking people out with that sick striking he used to dominate with. I predict another borefest tho.

phillymuscle
09-18-2009, 12:38 AM
Brandon has all the talent in the world. Enough to beat Randy. He's great on the ground and his muay Thai is awesome. But for some reason he can never show up in his big fights. We know Randy is someone you can never bet against. We'll see what happens. I can't wait.

2manytoyz
09-20-2009, 02:09 PM
Considering I'm from London I will say I can't stand Bispin. Anyways Kang is a very underated fighter and teaches in Victoria BC where I basicaly grew up. It will be a interesting fight. If Kang wins he will fly to the top of the rankings and once again Bispin will be exposed.

-Z-
10-03-2009, 12:30 AM
Fight card updated.

-Z-
10-07-2009, 11:36 AM
For the first time in his 13-year career, Randy Couture will headline a UFC event on Spike TV. UFC 105, which will take place Nov. 14 at the Manchester Evening News Arena in Manchester, England, will air on same-day tape delay at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT on the cable channel. Couture will face light heavyweight Brandon Vera.

Couture, 46, will make his return to the 205-pound division following his loss to heavyweight Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira at UFC 102 on Aug. 29 in Portland, Ore. It will be the third time the four-time Olympic Greco-Roman wrestling alternate has moved between the two UFC divisions. Couture has captured the UFC heavyweight title three times, the light heavyweight title twice, and also won an interim light heavyweight title in 2003.

Vera, 32, earned a unanimous decision against Krzysztof Soszynski at UFC 102, and collected a key win against former heavyweight champion Frank Mir before dropping to the light heavyweight division in July 2008. Vera is 3-1 in the 205-pound ranks.

Also on the card, British striker Dan Hardy will face off with Mike Swick in a welterweight title elimination bout, while homegrown favorite Michael Bisping will return in a middleweight contest against Denis Kang.

sherdog.com

Plates
10-25-2009, 04:47 PM
Well, since 104 is gone, who has who on the main card?

-Z-
10-25-2009, 04:57 PM
Honestly this card bores me to death. I like Swick though.

-Z-
11-12-2009, 11:37 AM
Reminder: This card is Saturday. Free, I think....

Swede
11-12-2009, 12:57 PM
and I dont have to stay up until 4 in the morning, hell yes lol.

I wanna see is bisping is back to normal haha.

And brittish stand up fights are always worth watching imo, they go to WAR.

firsthorseman97
11-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Yeah, Z its free. Since I'm in here might as well throw out my predictions:

Fight Card
Randy Couture Vs. Brandon Vera
Michael Bisping Vs. Denis Kang
Dan Hardy Vs. Mike Swick
James Wilks Vs. Matt Brown
Ross Pearson Vs. Aaron Riley
Terry Etim Vs. Shannon Gugerty
Paul Taylor Vs. John Hathaway
Nick Osipczak Vs. Matthew Riddle
Alexander Gustafsson Vs. Jared Hamman
Paul Kelly Vs. Dennis Siver
Andre Winner Vs. Rolando Delgado

Plates
11-13-2009, 09:47 AM
Vi9JSysSqIs

Plates
11-13-2009, 09:48 AM
00i704bvufs

Plates
11-13-2009, 09:49 AM
a-upJY-3VAY

Plates
11-13-2009, 09:50 AM
ujPgeuHbGlg

firsthorseman97
11-13-2009, 10:25 AM
Yo Plates, where's your predictions?

Plates
11-13-2009, 10:41 AM
Havent decided yet bro. I've went with some underdogs lately. aka Shogun in the last fight. If I was to pick right now, id go with...

Randy Couture Vs. Brandon Vera - Vera (I think he's going to clip Randy)
Michael Bisping Vs. Denis Kang - Bisping by KO
Dan Hardy Vs. Mike Swick - Hardy by decision
Ross Pearson Vs. Aaron Riley - Aaron Riley
Terry Etim Vs. Shannon Gugerty - Etim by KO

Those are the only one's I can call at the moment. I'm a little sketched out by the brit judges and refs quite frankly.

Who do you have?

firsthorseman97
11-13-2009, 11:00 AM
Havent decided yet bro. I've went with some underdogs lately. aka Shogun in the last fight. If I was to pick right now, id go with...

Those are the only one's I can call at the moment. I'm a little sketched out by the brit judges and refs quite frankly.

Who do you have?

My picks are a few posts up. I'm not a fan of the Brit judges either ever since the Hamill/Bisping fight.

Mr X
11-13-2009, 11:04 AM
I'm completely unhyped for this card but its free so you cant really complain.

the winners will be...

Randy
Kang
Swick
Pearson

ah fuck it thats all I can be bothered thinking about

Plates
11-13-2009, 11:19 AM
ah fuck it thats all I can be bothered thinking about

spoken for truth

Swede
11-14-2009, 05:07 PM
Haha The Swede knocked him out right away lol

ANADROLicfreak
11-14-2009, 05:10 PM
i know couture was the man for many years but when is he going to hang it up?i mean this is getting crazy letting him fight.

Swede
11-14-2009, 05:12 PM
i know couture was the man for many years but when is he going to hang it up?i mean this is getting crazy letting him fight.

hes training in the cage every single day and he says he still thinks hes getting better, and honestly, he doesn't look any worse...

So I dont get your point really =)

lets see if he looks good or bad tonight! (tonight in sweden) hehe

ANADROLicfreak
11-14-2009, 05:13 PM
well he has lost a few fights lately.swede nevermind randy is god.lol

Mirko Cro Cop
11-14-2009, 05:24 PM
I have absolutly no interest in this event at all.

Swede
11-14-2009, 05:26 PM
I dont think he looked Bad in the fights he fought so hehe.

lol :D

Swede
11-14-2009, 05:35 PM
If I remember correctly that is, im slowly but surley smoking away my memory lol

natron
11-14-2009, 06:06 PM
IS THIS BEING SHOWN On spike? TSN?

Swede
11-14-2009, 06:09 PM
tv4 sport if you're in sweden :D

Plates
11-14-2009, 06:29 PM
It's on Spike tonight.

ANADROLicfreak
11-14-2009, 06:39 PM
i kinda want to see the bisbing fight.i would love to see him get knocked out again.

-Z-
11-14-2009, 07:55 PM
Alright here we go. I was having a hell of a time trying to get this site going.

Anywho, I'm going to post up the entire card results, the card is actually over they are just gonna show it here in the states starting at 8pm for free on Spike.

-Z-
11-14-2009, 08:00 PM
Andre Winner vs. Roli Delgado
Round 1
Delgado throws a right head kick that grazes Winner, who drops his hands and taunts Delgado. Winner melts Delgado with a right hand and follows him to the mat, but quickly retreats once Delgado traps one of his arms. Delgado looks alright and knees Winner from the clinch along the cage. Winner wobbles Delgado with a short left cross, but the bearded Delgado shakes it off. He does not shake off the jab, overhand-right combo that puts him to sleep at 3:22 of the first round. Referee Leon Roberts intervenes, giving Andre Winner and his countrymen a knockout win to open the night.

http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20091114120240_winner.JPG
(http://www.sherdog.com/pictures/gallery/fighter/f_36618/100826/48)Dave Mandel/Sherdog.com

Winner vs. Delgado.

-Z-
11-14-2009, 08:02 PM
Warning!

Spoilers!

Alexander Gustafsson vs. Jared Hamman
Round 1
Gustafsson and Hamman come out bombing. Hamman is landing some wild overhand rights, but the big Swede doesn't back down. Referee Kevin Mulhall steps in to warn Gustafsson for poking Hamman in the eye. The fight is restarted and Hamman eats a huge straight-right hand that floors him. Gustafsson follows him to the canvas and finishes him with punches. Mulhall calls it at just 41 seconds. Gustafsson remains perfect with a knockout win in his UFC debut.

ANADROLicfreak
damn at my house this just started.what time zone are you in?

-Z-
Warning!

Spoilers!

Round 1
Gustafsson and Hamman come out bombing. Hamman is landing some wild overhand rights, but the big Swede doesn't back down. Referee Kevin Mulhall steps in to warn Gustafsson for poking Hamman in the eye. The fight is restarted and Hamman eats a huge straight-right hand that floors him. Gustafsson follows him to the canvas and finishes him with punches. Mulhall calls it at just 41 seconds. Gustafsson remains perfect with a knockout win in his UFC debut.

-Z-
11-14-2009, 08:09 PM
I'm in Ohio, but the fights were in England and they are actually already over.

natron
11-14-2009, 08:10 PM
whats up Z

-Z-
Paul Kelly vs. Dennis Siver
Round 1
Siver batters Kelly with an array of strikes, but most notably a pair of left hooks. Kelly closes the distance and grabs a front headlock and knees to the legs and body of Siver, sending a chorus of cheers up from the English crowd with each shot. Siver continues to get the better of the striking exchanges, but Kelly scores a takedown with just 15 seconds left in the round. Sherdog.com scores the round 10-9 for Siver.

Round 2
Siver and Kelly trade punches and Kelly, again, tries to take the fight to the mat. Unsuccessful, Kelly is force to stand and Siver takes advantage. He lands a picture-perfect spinning-back kick to the midsection that folds Kelly in two and puts him on his seat. Siver swarms before backing away and inviting Kelly to stand. In obvious pain, Kelly struggles to his feet only to be overwhelmed by Siver strikes. Referee Dan Miragliotta stops the bout at 2:53 of the second frame. Kelly stays down on the mat for a couple minutes as he is tended to. He leaves the cage with help of his team, who are holding a bucket in front of him in case he has to vomit.

http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20091114113712_siver.JPG
D. Mandel/Sherdog.com

ANADROLicfreak
oh i see.

-Z-
Matt Riddle vs. Nick Osipczak
Round 1
Riddle and Osipczak exchange low kicks. Riddle, with a huge smile on his face, pushes forward into a body lock and then a single-leg takedown. Osipczak is active off his back, but riddle lands some nice elbows. The fight is stood up by referee Marc Goddard after a head butt to the body by Riddle. Riddle takes the fight back to the mat and gets reversed with about 20 seconds left in the round. Osipczak takes mount and Riddle can only hang on. Round one goes to Osipczak 10-9 on the Sherdog card.

Round 2

http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20091114120207_osipczak.JPG
(http://www.sherdog.com/pictures/gallery/fighter/f_36618/100825/48)Dave Mandel/Sherdog.com

Osipczak vs. Riddle.

Osipczak lands a right head kick to lead off the second stanza. Riddle scores a takedown, but is stood back up because of a lack of action. Riddle tries to answer, but Osipczak lands a right hand that forces Riddle to shoot. Osipczak sprawls and forces riddle to his back. He controls from the top and batters him with shots until the round ends. 10-9 Osipczak.

Round 3
Riddle ducks under a right hand and scores a takedown. He is unable to advance position or strike and is stood up. Riddle gets another takedown and moves to Osipczak's back. The Brit gets his guard back and sweeps to mount. He pounds away while Riddle feverishly tries to extricate himself. Goddard decides Riddle has had enough and steps in at 3:53 of
the final round, giving Osipczak the TKO win.

-Z-
11-14-2009, 08:11 PM
I wanna try and do the Pac vs Cotto fight play by play too.

-Z-
11-14-2009, 08:12 PM
http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20091114120139_etim.JPG
(http://www.sherdog.com/pictures/gallery/fighter/f_36618/100824/48)Dave Mandel/Sherdog.com

Etim vs. Gugerty.

Terry Etim vs. Shannon Gugerty
Round 1
The fighters circle for nearly a minute, exchanging measured shots before Gugerty rushes in for a takedown. Etim clinches along the cage and lands a nice short-left elbow. Referee Dan Miragliotta breaks them and Etim starts to stalk Gugerty in earnest. He snaps his head back with a jab after punctuating a punching combo with a nice low kick. Gugerty stays out of range for the rest of the round and scores with a takedown in the closing seconds. The close first round gets a 10-10 on the Sherdog card.

Round 2
Round two begins with an Etim head kick that is partially blocked by Gugerty. He follows it with a low kick that spins his foe. Gugerty shoots in, but Etim grabs an underhook and jumps into an arm-in guillotine. Gugerty tries to fight it, off but Etim adjusts the choke by rolling over and locking in a body triangle. Gugerty can not resist any longer and taps out at 1:24 of the second frame.

-Z-
11-14-2009, 08:12 PM
Paul Taylor vs. John Hathaway
Round 1
Hathaway scores an early takedown after a brief exchange and settles into Taylor's guard. Taylor tries to break free but is put right back down by Hathaway. Referee Kevin Mulhall doesn't believe there is enough action on the ground and stands the bout back up. Hathaway immediately plants Taylor with another takedown. Hathaway gets to work on the mat, punching Taylor from the top position. Taylor is warned by Mulhall for an upkick while Hathaway is grounded. Hathaway is not affected and continues to punch from the top. Round one goes to Hathaway on the Sherdog card, 10-9.

Round 2
Hathaway scores with a right hand and takes Taylor down. He elbows the head repeatedly as Taylor attempts to tie him up. Hathaway moves to side control and elbows some more before Taylor gets his guard back. Hathaway stands, and Taylor goes for a leglock. Hathaway easily escapes and punishes Taylor for the mistake. Hathaway lands in half-guard and batters Taylor with punches and elbows. A game Taylor valiantly tries to fight back, but Hathaway has been too much to this point. Hathaway takes round two 10-9 on the Sherdog card.

Round 3
Hathaway takes the fight back to the mat to start off round three. He is abusing Taylor from half-guard again. Taylor backs up against the cage in hopes of using it to aide him back to his feet but Hathaway pulls his legs out and flattens him. He then punches away from the top again. Hathaway stands in Taylor's guard along the cage and punches before sinking back into his guard to continue the one-sided assault. Hathaway is having his way again in the third, just teeing off from inside the guard with a minute left in the fight. Taylor rallies up to his feet for a brief moment but is pushed back to the mat as the final horn sounds. Hathaway takes round three again on the Sherdog.com scorecard 10-9.

The official scores are 30-27 (twice) and 30-26 for Hathaway, who takes the unanimous decision.

-Z-
11-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Spoilers!!!!!

Ross Pearson vs. Aaron Riley
Round 1

http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20091114015416_pearson.JPG
(http://www.sherdog.com/pictures/gallery/fighter/f_36618/100827/48)Dave Mandel/Sherdog.com

Pearson vs. Riley.

Lots of feinting in the first minute from the orthodox Pearson and the southpaw Riley, but nothing lands clean. Pearson lands two short right hands, and comes back with a low kick. Riley lunges with his left hand and misses, and Pearson retaliates with a head kick which is partially blocked. Pearson gets the collar tie on Riley, and swings him into the fence, landing punches and knees. Pearson is all over Riley against the fence, bashing him with knees and punches to the head and body. At range, Pearson continues to land short punches, and puts a loud kick into Riley’s midsection. Pearson continues his multi-faceted attack, with a head kick, followed by a volley of punches that Riley can’t seem to escape. Riley goes for a half-hearted single-leg attempt, which Pearson easily shakes off. Pearson easily sucks Riley into the clinch again, and lands another handful of knees before the horn sounds.

Jordan Breen scores the round 10-9 Pearson
Brian Knapp scores the round 10-9 Pearson
Loretta Hunt scores the round 10-9 Pearson

Round 2
Lazy Riley kicks allow Pearson to land a series of right hand counters, pushing Riley into the fence again. Riley lands a series of stern elbows in the clinch, while Pearson puts a knee into his gut. They separate, and resume boxing from distance, with nothing landing until a clean left hook from Pearson. Pearson doubles his right hand, and lands both on Riley, who has been two steps behind the whole bout. Riley continues to throw lunging left hooks and miss. Pearson grabs Riley’s neck as he wades in, and lands a volley of knees, punctuated with a flush jumping knee that smashes Riley’s nose. Blood instantly begins to flow out of Riley’s nostrils, prompting referee Marc Goddard to call for a doctor check. The doctor takes one look at Riley’s bloody nose, and says, “That’s got to go,” making Ross Pearson the victor at 4:38 of the second round.

-Z-
11-14-2009, 08:17 PM
James Wilks vs. Matt Brown
Round 1
Brown bulls Wilks into the fence, but Wilks quickly pummels, putting Brown’s back against the cage. Brown lands a stern elbow over the top, and Wilks drops levels for a takedown. Brown defends, but as he turns away, Wilks jumps on his back for a moment. They each have over-unders again, as Wilks fights for a takedown without success until Leon Roberts breaks the pair up. Brown flurries with his hands, landing with two clean right crosses before Wilks pushes him into the fence again. Wilks again can’t find the takedown, and Leon Roberts again separates them. Wilks lands a clean head kick and a cross, forcing Brown back into the cage, but even with double underhooks, can’t get Brown on the floor. Another single-leg takedown attempt from Wilks is defended by Brown, who locks up a guillotine with a figure-four grip standing, wrenching it tight before Wilks finishes the takedown. Brown quickly scoots up the fence to his feet as the round ends. Wilks has some swelling under his left eye.

Round 2
Both fighters more active from range early, Wilks landing jabs, but Brown lands a clean counter hook. Brown explodes with a flying knee, and a staggered Wilks slowly falls to the mat. Brown pounces on top, pounding away on Wilks, who is able to compose himself enough to go for an Achilles lock, which Brown thwarts, and escapes to his feet. Wilks is now visibly tired, as Brown shakes off his takedown attempt. Brown lands two nice chopping elbows, but the tired Wilks keeps his punches straight, forcing “The Immortal” into the fence again as he seeks a single-leg takedown. The left side of Wilks’ face continues to swell underneath the eye as he continues to fruitlessly grind Brown into the fence until Leon Roberts separates them again. On the reset, Brown easily lands a six-punch combination -- one to the body and five to the head -- that rocks Wilks and forces him to sloppily shoot in. Brown continues to pound on top, but Wilks still has enough presence to bridge and roll Brown straight into side control. The visibly gassed Wilks can’t land much offense on top as Brown regains guard. Wilks dives into Brown’s guard, straight into a tight triangle as the horn goes.

Round 3

http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20091114015511_brown.JPG
(http://www.sherdog.com/pictures/gallery/fighter/f_36618/100828/48)Dave Mandel/Sherdog.com

Brown vs. Wilks.

The pair trade straight punches, which land without much mustard. Wilks’ punches remain straight despite now coming at half speed. The pair ends up clinched against the fence again, and Wilks is able to wrangle a standing kimura on Brown, and drops to guard. Wilks gets full guard, and tries to sweep Brown to full mount with the kimura, but can’t get his arm close enough to his body to crank it. Brown rolls and escapes, and it appears that the kimura was the last salvo Wilks had in him. Wilks goes for a desperate takedown, and Brown squats on a guillotine, pushing himself into top control. Brown easily takes mount on the exhausted Wilks, and begins to rip away with right hooks. Wilks rolls to his stomach and offers no defense to Brown’s torrent of punches, forcing Leon Roberts to intervene at 2:27 of the third round.

-Z-
11-14-2009, 08:18 PM
Michael Bisping vs. Denis Kang
Round 1
A Bisping head kick is the first significant strike of the bout, but is blocked. Lots of anxious feinting and missed jabs from both fighters. Bisping comes forward straight into a short right hook which puts him on the mat. Kang dives into his full guard, and immediately begins to work on top. Kang methodically works his way to side control, and looks to power his way to mount before Bisping regains half guard. Kang relentlessly trying to pass, flirting with quarter guard and full mount, but the Brit continues to regain position on the bottom. Kang finally gets to a better mount, and lands a nice elbow and punches to follow, but Bisping continues to show great hip escapes, getting back to full guard. Bisping continues to trap Kang’s right arm and looks for armbars, but Kang diligently pounds on top. A third armbar attempt from Bisping is closer, but allows Kang to momentarily pass to side control. The round ends with Kang smothering in half guard.

Jordan Breen scores the round 10-9 Kang
Brian Knapp scores the round 10-9 Kang
Loretta Hunt scores the round 10-9 Kang

Round 2
A pair of early Bisping head kicks meet nothing but air. A lunging overhand right from Kang lands on Bisping. Kang continues to look for the short right hook as Bisping comes in. Bisping drops levels for a takedown, transitions to a single-leg takedown, and finishes in Kang’s full guard. Bisping postures up and liberally throws down rights and lefts as Kang tries desperately to escape. Kang finally gets back to his feet, but is cut and looks shaken. Bisping gets another takedown, and mashes on top again as Kang rolls to escape, being pounded the whole way. The tide of the fight has quickly turned in favor of the former “Ultimate Fighter” winner. With a minute to go, Bisping gets an effortless double leg, and continues to pound on Kang, who looks completely inert and helpless. As Dan Miragliotta warns Kang that he needs to defend himself, he gets to his feet, only to be pelted with more knees and punches that force him right back down to all fours. Miragliotta steps in to rescue the overwhelmed Kang at 4:24 of the second round, giving Bisping the emphatic win.

-Z-
11-14-2009, 08:22 PM
Mike Swick vs. Dan Hardy
Round 1
After a short feeling out process, Swick lunges into the clinch, and Hardy catches him with a short right hook. The punch doesn’t stop Swick, and the pair pummel against the fence, trading knees to the legs and body. Hardy presses Swick into the fence, and tries to get to the Thai clinch, but can’t. Swick lands an errant knee to the groin of Hardy, forcing a short recovery break for the Brit. Swick again feints, and dives in for a takedown. Hardy pushes off Swick’s hip, and thwarts the attempt again. Hardy lands a knee to the body, and Swick continues to pursue the takedown from the clinch. Both fighters take turns pushing the other’s back into the fence, but neither can land substantial strikes. With 10 seconds to go, Hardy lands a chopping elbow and the pair flurry with punches, just grazing one another before the horn sounds.

Round 2
As Swick pushes in on Hardy, Hardy lands a left hook, and Swick goes rubbery for a moment, forcing “The Outlaw” to pounce. Hardy attacks with punches, but Swick gets a hold of him, and the pair resume their clinchfest along the fence. Swick has a collartie, but Hardy chips away with punches and knees to the bread basket. Swick throws a few right hands over the top. The pace much more substantial in close through the first half of the round. It is now Hardy looking for a takedown, as Swick puts a knee to his gut. Kevin Mulhall separates the pair with two minutes to go in the round. Swick slips through a head kick which was blocked by Hardy. The pair trade low kicks. A Superman punch from Swick doesn’t fails to land, but Hardy throws a right-handed windmill that allows Swick to land a short left. Hardy lunges forward with a pair of hooks, and Swick puts his jab on his face. Clinching up against the fence, Hardy lands a flush elbow and punch to punctuate the round.

Round 3
Hardy throws a low kick, Swick attempts a one-two over the top which misses. A Hardy right hook prompts Swick to start flurrying. A barrage of knees lands for Swick, and the AKA product lands a flush combination on Hardy’s face which don’t seem to faze the Brit. The pair throw hooks at the same time, and while Swick’s seems to land cleaner, it is he who ends up rocked. Hardy pushes Swick into the cage, picks him up and finishes a double-leg takedown, fighting through a lukewarm guillotine attempt from Swick. Hardy lands some elbows from full guard before Kevin Mulhall stands them up. Hardy lands another left hook. Swick begins to come forward after a tentative 90 seconds, landing a short cross as he dives into Hardy, and the bout ends with the pair clinched along the fence.

30-27, 30-27 and 29-28 are the official scores, giving the unanimous decision to Dan “The Outlaw” Hardy, now the UFC’s number one welterweight contender. No judges names are given.

http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20091114022122_hardy2.JPG
D. Mandel/Sherdog.com

-Z-
11-14-2009, 08:24 PM
Randy Couture vs. Brandon Vera
Round 1
Vera lands a quick kick, and flurries on Couture with punches, putting him on his heels. As Vera swims to his neck, Couture gains control in the body clinch up against the fence. Vera using an overhook and wrist control to stop Couture’s takedown advances. Marc Goddard calls for a break at the pair grind to a halt against the cage, but Couture immediately ducks under a Vera punch, and pushes him into the fence again. Couture secures double underhooks, and gets a takedown, but Vera quickly shifts back up the cage. Couture secures a front headlock, and lands two knees to Vera’s head before changing levels in pursuit of another takedown. Couture gets a hold of a single leg, but can’t pull Vera off of the fence and finish the takedown. Couture lands a left hand over the top as he releases the leg. Marc Goddard separates the pair again with 20 seconds to go, but Couture again clinches up immediately.

Round 2
A low kick by Vera lands south of Couture’s belt line, and simultaneously, Couture catches a thumb to the eye. Fortunately, “The Natural” appears unfazed by the inadvertent double foul. Vera switches to southpaw, allowing Couture to rush forward, and push him into the fence again. After a moment with Couture’s back on the fence, Vera is again reverse, with Couture grinding him into the fence, trying to drag him off his back leg and finish the elusive takedown. Marc Goddard breaks the pair up again. Vera lands a jab, and sinks a nice left body kick. A knee to the body from Vera folds Couture in half, sending him reeling across the cage. Vera attacks Couture, forcing him to his back, and into his full guard. Couture clings to Vera off of his back, and Goddard stands them up. The pair trade lazy left overhands. Clinching again, Couture finally starts to dirty box a bit, putting together some right uppercuts and hooks before the round ends.

Round 3
Vera lands an inside low kick on a bobbing Couture. Undaunted, Couture comes forward with a flurry of hooks and uppercuts, punching away as Vera covers up against the fence. Couture now dirty boxing more ably. Vera still showing stalwart takedown defense as he fends off a double-leg takedown. Couture lands a clean left elbow. Couture’s right uppercut and left elbow continue to land and Vera looks to control his wrist in the clinch. Marc Goddard separates the pair once again. Vera lands a pair of crisp body kicks, but Couture is able to get a collar tie in the middle of the cage, and land some uppercuts and knees to the body. Vera initiates the clinch this time, pushing Couture into the fence, and dropping for a double-leg takedown. The crowd beginning to boo the grinding pace of the fight, as Marc Goddard warns the pair for inactivity. Vera hits a beautiful kneetap on Couture, putting “The Natural” on his back and quickly taking mount. Couture overhooks Vera’s left arm, and sweeps him before he can mount any offense. Scrambling back to their feet, the pair trade knees to the body, and grazing hooks before the bell.

All three judges score the bout 29-28 for the winner by unanimous decision, Randy “The Natural” Couture. A crestfallen Brandon Vera exits the cage, and dejectedly sits on the perimeter of the Octagon hanging his head after the decision is announced.

-Z-
11-14-2009, 08:25 PM
^There you go, hope I didn't ruin it for anyone. I'm gonna try and find a Pac vs Cotto live feed.

-Z-
11-14-2009, 08:26 PM
whats up Z

Had to work late, fucking sucked.

Had a hell of a time getting this site to work, more sucking.

All in all my mouth hurts. How about you?

natron
11-14-2009, 08:48 PM
watchin the fights now buddy, crackin a brew

-Z-
11-14-2009, 09:08 PM
This website is pissing me off, it keep failing and kicking me off.

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Fight are good though.

natron
11-14-2009, 09:09 PM
fuck, i know.

what a knock out holy fack

-Z-
11-14-2009, 09:14 PM
He fell for that punch twice. Some guys don't learn.

natron
11-14-2009, 09:19 PM
He fell for that punch twice. Some guys don't learn.

You could almost tell before the fight even started. He looked like one of those dudes who can get ko'd by a bodyshot. I like the beard though! haha

G-Roy
11-14-2009, 09:27 PM
wilks and brown fight was great, bisbing fight is just starting, I hope he gets his shit pushed in again. I'm trying hard not to look at the results.

-Z-
11-14-2009, 09:39 PM
wilks and brown fight was great, bisbing fight is just starting, I hope he gets his shit pushed in again. I'm trying hard not to look at the results.

Yeah, I almost feel bad for posting them. I'm still watching the fights, but it's not the same.

G-Roy
11-14-2009, 09:46 PM
ahh bispings cockney ass pulled it out and then didnt annoy me with his post fight interview which actually annoyed me because I love to hate him.

I read the summary wrong and saw that the first round went to kang , thinking kang won the fight. So when bisping won, I was amazed haha.

natron
11-14-2009, 09:54 PM
i liked how he brought his son in the cage though, being a father i can appreciate that.

Still hate bisbing though

-Z-
11-14-2009, 10:01 PM
I loved it when Henderson KOd Bisping.

-Z-
11-14-2009, 10:25 PM
GSP will wipe the floor with him.

natron
11-14-2009, 10:30 PM
GSP will wipe the floor with him.

easy win, if there ever was one

DMC
11-14-2009, 11:18 PM
someone should make a gif of that henderson - bisbing KO

-Z-
11-14-2009, 11:26 PM
http://www.totalprosports.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/dan-henderson-knocking-out-michael-bisping.gif

-Z-
11-14-2009, 11:27 PM
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/60076/2me76gi.gif

Swede
11-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Warning!

Spoilers!

Round 1

hell yes

Plates
11-16-2009, 10:41 AM

Wow, I was pretty fucking close on these calls. Im not talking about the fights either, but the refs and judges!