PDA

View Full Version : Here come sickness

Gaoshang Xiongshou
02-22-2009, 09:15 PM
Everyday, you march into the gym with the holy grail of increase in mind. The diet is on, the rest is planned down to the last second, and you definitely make sure to move the weight...

...until you get sick. And then it is hell. Congestion, watery eyes, runny nose, nausea... ten levels of Hell, and you visit them all at once. Everything either slows down, or just comes to a standstill.

You would rather not have that happen. So, to be proactive, what measures do you take to make sure you do not fall prey to sickness?

Sistersteel
02-22-2009, 09:18 PM
Everyday, you march into the gym with the holy grail of increase in mind. The diet is on, the rest is planned down to the last second, and you definitely make sure to move the weight...

...until you get sick. And then it is hell. Congestion, watery eyes, runny nose, nausea... ten levels of Hell, and you visit them all at once. Everything either slows down, or just comes to a standstill.

You would rather not have that happen. So, to be proactive, what measures do you take to make sure you do not fall prey to sickness?

I honestly load up on Vitamin C daily and have disinfected cleansers in my bag at all times. I will clean machines with disinfectant before I use them and try to avoid being around people with a cold. In that case airborne comes in handy. But some days I just could not care less and just want to get it done so I will not go through my usual cleaning rituals. So far so good.

Tiki
02-22-2009, 09:35 PM
Airborne and Cold-eze at the first signs of any symptoms....or hypochondria. :D

Melissa
02-23-2009, 12:19 PM
I'm a big fan of taking Juice Plus regularly for preventing colds (Thanks to Dave's suggestion). But at the first sign of a cold, I'm also popping lots of Cold-EZ.

Sleep is definitely the biggest preventative measure that I take for avoiding getting sick, though. I make sure to get at least 7 or 8 hours each night, more if I'm able to. Unfortunately, sometimes that means going to bed at 9pm. But I am convinced that my obsession with getting enough sleep has kept me healthy and allowed me to be much more in control of my progress both offseason and during contest prep.

Valkyrie
02-23-2009, 06:50 PM
Zicam and Emergen-C are always in my cabinet. I stay on Emergen-C through cold season and take up to two more doses a day when sick.

If I've been exposed to the flu I take Euphrasia, the 6x dose.

I also keep electrolyte power and make a weak solution in a litre of water and keep drinking continually.