PDA

View Full Version : Do you follow what happens in the IFBB/NPC?

AVBG
09-08-2009, 08:44 PM
As a natural competitor who goes through their competitions with being tested and enjoys/supports natural bodybuilding, do you find IFBB or NABBA competitions of interest?

I know trainers who compete locally in natural shows not know who Dexter Jackson is, yet can list the last 10 winners of the Natural O with little to no notice.

I myself appreciate/enjoy keeping up to date with what's happening with the IFBB. I actually did do some promotional work with pro bodybuilding weekly in it's early days and appeared on air (HHH was on the same episode) on PBW giving my wrap up of that years Australian Pro GP and each year I attend the pro show and help out with promoting the Aus GP for the promotor Tony Doherty (locally) by getting flyers out and putting up posters.

I look at and get inspired by what standards the current day pros get to and don't (besides the obvious) differentiate myself to them when prepping for a show..

What are your thoughts?

deadlift0
09-08-2009, 08:53 PM
I used to follow with great detail but now i just look to see who is the winner and some of the other athletes to get inspired by the conditioning and muscle quality. the only real pro show i attend is the iron man expo. Sadly to say i dont follow the natural level at all except for a select few such as J-Rod

MsGuns
09-08-2009, 09:17 PM
Im a former NPC competitor and I have friends who compete in the NPC/IFBB. I attend the BIG Tx shows to cheer on friends, network and do photoshoots. Ive been to the Arnold 2 times and will continue to go. I was hoping to WIN a trip to the Olympia this yr. I compete w/ 3 Natural Drug Free orgs , looking to compete w/ my 4th (UFE) on Nov 14th in Hamilton, ON Canada called. Im enjoying getting to know the competitors, promoters and photogs of these orgs/feds.

Jude2
09-08-2009, 10:08 PM
I follow natural and non natural BB. I also enjoy strongman and powerlifting.

AVBG
09-08-2009, 11:16 PM
I follow natural and non natural BB. I also enjoy strongman and powerlifting.

what appeals to you about it Jude? (I'm assuming you're natural) Do you get inspired by watching non tested competitors in what they can lift in the gym? Do you buy supplements (not pro hormones) that they endorse?

NATURAL-1987
09-09-2009, 05:11 AM
I follow the IFBB Pro and amature,Major NPC shows, CBBF National shows,FAME, IDFA,Musclemania,UFE, INBA, and NGA as best as I can. Its hard to follow feds that dont post a lot of results or photos though.....

DAVIDHARDY
09-09-2009, 11:24 AM
I follow the NPC/IFBB, but I do not actually follow natural bodybuilding. I'd like to, because I love bodybuilding(no homo), drugs or no drugs. Anyone have any links that I could watch the natural shows like you can the IFBB pro shows?

Kiyoshi Moody
09-09-2009, 05:23 PM
I follow the IFBB/NPC and some natural organizations ABA/PNBA also WNBF.

Jude2
09-09-2009, 10:31 PM
what appeals to you about it Jude? (I'm assuming you're natural) Do you get inspired by watching non tested competitors in what they can lift in the gym? Do you buy supplements (not pro hormones) that they endorse?
I am inspired by the weight elite powerlifters can lift. I can out lift most of the young juiced guys in my gym because of the 30 years that I have invested in this lifting livestyle. I buy supplements that I think I need, not because someone endouses them. I am really amased how far natural BB has progressed over the years.

CleanDean
09-27-2009, 05:48 AM
I follow all BB in general and have the uptmost respect for Nattys and non-tested competitors. I competed in the NGA & WNBF in the late 1990's and have seen and I am now experiencing the improvement in the quality of physiques that have been made in the past 10 years. Nattys will never get the exposure that the NPC/IFBB guys get, but its good to see guys in the TU getting some great coverage. Sorry I missed that show this year, I was extremely impressed with the level of competition at this tested show.

Tim Martin
09-27-2009, 11:40 AM
I've competed with Dean and Kiyoshi, and I think we all agree that we're fans of bodybuilding in general. The fact is that the elite of the IFBB set the standard for all of bodybuilding in terms of shape, symmetry, presentation, and conditioning. While we all may relate to the physiques on the natural stage, awareness of what the top non-tested guys do on the stage and in the gym only serves as motivation in your own bodybuilding career.

MsGuns
09-27-2009, 11:47 AM
I follow the IFBB Pro and amature,Major NPC shows, CBBF National shows,FAME, IDFA,Musclemania,UFE, INBA, and NGA as best as I can. Its hard to follow feds that dont post a lot of results or photos though.....

You can find lots here...
http://www.naturalbodybuildingevents.com/default.html

juiceinator3000
09-27-2009, 01:52 PM
i actually enjoy following ifbb and npc more so than natural shows. i competed in inbf and still go to watch some of the shows, but honestly most of the local shows are pretty bad (poorly run, heavyweight class is generally a goddam joke, and i think that most people don't take it very serious). i prefer to follow npc national events and ifbb events, where yea, the guys are juicing, but at least they have something for me to look up to. a lot of the natural guys that are pros (certainly not all, but a lot more lately, at least in the wnbf) are winning a local show and now they're pro. it's a little too easy to become a pro in wnbf at least imo

flaccid_member
09-29-2009, 03:04 AM
I follow the INBF, OCB, and NPC. I prefer to follow all three as I compete in all three (both tested and non-tested shows) federations and support all of the athletes. I won't be one of those people that will throw a stone and assume that every person I compete against is on "something." Heck, even if they are on "something," they still have to diet, train, eat, sleep and live their lives. Besides, when I beat a person on gear, there is no greater feeling in the world.

As far as which physiques I hold my standard to, it's definitely the non-tested athletes. They have a distinct advantage, so it keeps me honest and hungry. I have zero desire to venture into their realm, but to know what I am going against doesn't discourage me. It keeps me honest.

I use the "tried and true" supplements. I have old issues of Iron Man magazine from the '70's and early '80's. The same training "trends" and supplement "trends" that are the craze now (X-reps, Doggcrap, VST, Max-OT, HST, etc) have been in vogue for decades prior. Unfortunately, we are in an "information overload" era and a "paralysis by analysis" era; we all want results, we all want it now, and we want it the quickest way possible.

I am not influenced by one, but by many. Ultimately, we are all in this for our own reason(s). Knowing that I can defy physics, genetics and chemistry naturally is a tremendous reward in itself. Being able to carry these pieces into your daily life and make yourself better is what make this sport and lifestyle my passion.

sjl_bantam
10-11-2009, 02:40 PM
I follow NPC and IFBB simply b/c there's more easily accessable coverage. I regularly pic up a Flex or MD at the base exchange at my work and keep it in the bathroom for all of those fiber inspired time-outs throughout the day. While I realize I'll never have the physique of a Lee Priest or Jay Culter as a natty, they are still inspiring in the same way comic books were for me as a kid. Btw, does anyone know of a good natty mag to subscribe to? I picked up a Natural Bodybuilding & Fitness mag but it seemed to be exclusively INBF/WNFB, I was hoping to find something that was more broad in its natural coverage. thanks!