PDA

View Full Version : Bodybuilding Posing video

juggernaut
09-08-2009, 10:36 PM
My friend and trainer Joe Franco has released a dvd on a subject that many people are unsure about or just plain suck at it. Posing.

This video is done in an easy to follow, well thought out process and Joe goes through everything. I've had several opportunities to see Joe pose, see his classes and had the experience of filming live footage of one of his classes that we pieced together and made a music video to. It looks cool.

Joe's probably one of the best trainers and bodybuilding coaches out there. I appreciate everything he's done with me and he has a legion of good people on his team (Team Franco). Joe is greatly approachable and goes the extra mile in making sure you really know what youre doing on stage.

The video is an investment of 20.00. It's quite possibly the best 20 bucks you can spend on your sport of choice. If anyone is not sure of themselves like I was, or who wants to pick up a great guide on posing effectively and intelligently, then this video is for you.

Incidentally, Joe is available on this webpage as well as his totalposing,com or fitfranco.com

I strongly recommend this for anyone in the sport, natty or open competitors.

juggernaut
09-08-2009, 10:37 PM
Also, Joe still does his classes in PA, if you ever get the chance see one.

AVBG
09-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Lets get a clip eh? Is there a sample available?

juggernaut
09-08-2009, 11:18 PM
YouTube - Instructional Bodybuilding Posing Promo by Joe Franco

Team Franco
09-10-2009, 03:59 PM
I have seen too many people on stage this year alone that really didnt know how to pose. :dunno:

You will lose points in a competition if you dont present yourself the best you can. And beleive it or not, vice versa

juggernaut
09-24-2009, 06:43 AM
Joe's right. The prejudging can make or break a decent placing. You have to know how to do this in order to stay in the placings!

CleanDean
10-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Joe's right. The prejudging can make or break a decent placing. You have to know how to do this in order to stay in the placings!

Just ordered one. After a 9 year layoff from competition, I NEED some work on my posing.

juggernaut
10-09-2009, 09:17 AM
I know I keep pimping Joe. But if you saw the condition I was in when I first went to him, every single time I went into a contest, with his guidance, I made vast improvements each time. Posing is probably the best thing I had going for me. I will eventually start bodybuilding again, and when I do, I know my posing will be tops because of him.

juggernaut
10-11-2009, 01:16 PM
FYI: Joe just took his division in the IFPA Cape Cod! Way to go Joe!

TheTransformator
10-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Very well done...

AVBG
10-11-2009, 02:40 PM
FYI: Joe just took his division in the IFPA Cape Cod! Way to go Joe!

The best news I heard all day.. (mind you its only 5:39am).. Nevertheless CONGRATS TO JOE -You must feel great!!!!

NOW - where are the pics? NO PICS= didn't happen ;)

Curt James
10-11-2009, 03:18 PM
I have seen too many people on stage this year alone that really didnt know how to pose. :dunno:

You will lose points in a competition if you dont present yourself the best you can. And beleive it or not, vice versa

That video was great. Thanks for posting it, juggernaut.

As someone who doesn't compete but attends a good amount of shows, it's always annoying to see someone who obviously just walked on stage with no consideration or thought about presentation. Very amateurish.

Kudos on the DVD. I hope you sell a ton.

Curt James
10-11-2009, 03:20 PM
I know I keep pimping Joe. But if you saw the condition I was in when I first went to him, every single time I went into a contest, with his guidance, I made vast improvements each time. Posing is probably the best thing I had going for me. I will eventually start bodybuilding again, and when I do, I know my posing will be tops because of him.

It's not pimping or spamming. You're sharing the good news and anyone who complains can jam it, imo. Again, thanks for posting the vid and for creating this thread.

:beerbang:

juggernaut
10-11-2009, 06:13 PM
The best news I heard all day.. (mind you its only 5:39am).. Nevertheless CONGRATS TO JOE -You must feel great!!!!

NOW - where are the pics? NO PICS= didn't happen ;)I'll link it from his forum when he posts them. His wife took some good shots apparently. Stay tuned.

Team Franco
10-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Just ordered one. After a 9 year layoff from competition, I NEED some work on my posing.

It will be in the mail tomorrow Dean, thanks for the order.

Team Franco
10-11-2009, 06:20 PM
I will post the pic on my thread later tonight.
Thanks fellas!

STACEYK
10-11-2009, 07:05 PM
I will post the pic on my thread later tonight.
Thanks fellas!

I would say send me the video but I get face to face practice from the Master himself :wavey:Hey Joe 6 weeks to Nationals I'll be there so I guess you and I will be meeting again soon to perfect my already perfect posing-thanks to you:yep:

juggernaut
01-26-2010, 11:47 PM
bump

ygbodybuilder10
01-27-2010, 12:32 AM
i guess i'll add my video

raylove
01-27-2010, 12:45 AM
Great job Joe, hopefully ill compete with you someday on a pro stage soon. Also kudos on the video, great idea and I couldn't have explained that pose better myself.

Sledge
01-27-2010, 03:16 AM
Maybe I need this. I have the perfect posing DVD and the bob chics posing tips DVD.

I spent half an hour today with girlymuscle practicing my posing today. I just managed to get one quarter turn to the right almost correct during that half hour. Friday we are going to shoot for another quarter turn.

AVBG
01-27-2010, 03:19 AM
Maybe I need this. I have the perfect posing DVD and the bob chics posing tips DVD.

I spent half an hour today with girlymuscle practicing my posing today. I just managed to get one quarter turn to the right almost correct during that half hour. Friday we are going to shoot for another quarter turn.

You could qualify for figure?

Sledge
01-27-2010, 03:23 AM
only quater of a figure so far. And it rules out NABBA.

I think posing was designed to make me feel like an uncoordinated clumsy bastard.

AVBG
01-27-2010, 03:29 AM
Ha.. Me too, I ordered the above video earlier today. It's one part of the prep in the past I didn't work on as hard as prolly should have. But seeing there's going to be some familiar faces in melbourne I think I should change things up a bit. Got any music selection tips?

Sledge
01-27-2010, 03:50 AM
The Perfect posing one is pretty good too. I think I'll pick up a copy of this one too I need all the help I can get.

Sledge
01-27-2010, 03:55 AM
As for music I also have no idea. I tried to help GM out with this during her prep and I just learned to keep my opinion to myself. A couple of times I've heard some music and made a comment like "this would be good to pose to" I just get that look. You know, the look that's half pity half amazement that someone can have totally no idea..

Team Franco
02-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Thanks fellas, any questions, feel free to email me at [email protected]

My video is just one source. There are many out there and wouldnt hurt to here what others have to say.

juggernaut
02-02-2010, 03:13 PM
As for music I also have no idea. I tried to help GM out with this during her prep and I just learned to keep my opinion to myself. A couple of times I've heard some music and made a comment like "this would be good to pose to" I just get that look. You know, the look that's half pity half amazement that someone can have totally no idea..
:hypno:

Team Franco
02-02-2010, 03:25 PM
[email protected] ([email protected])