PDA

View Full Version : "On-The-Go" foods

Yoshe
02-22-2009, 10:44 PM
Just wondering what you guys take with you when you know you'll be on the road/out of the house for awhile.

So, what do you guys take with you?

Personally, I'm a fan of PureProtein bars, extra protein shakes/shaker bottles, flavored tuna packets, etc etc.

How about some ideas for when you're dieting?

musclegoddess65
02-22-2009, 10:53 PM
Just wondering what you guys take with you when you know you'll be on the road/out of the house for awhile.

So, what do you guys take with you?

Personally, I'm a fan of PureProtein bars, extra protein shakes/shaker bottles, flavored tuna packets, etc etc.

How about some ideas for when you're dieting?

I carry a soft sided cooler with me and keep ice packs in it... that way I can keep my chicken, salmon, cold water for shakes, ice, whatever with me....

they swear I'm coming to a picnic every day at work, but I'd rather be prepared.

MichaelWayne
02-23-2009, 12:42 PM
Have my duffel bag with a gallon of water, small jug of protein, Natural PB, spoon and shaker cup. If I'm gone longer then a couple hours I will pack one or two containers of chicken/steak/rice.

Dieting...what the hells that?

Yoshe
02-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Have my duffel bag with a gallon of water, small jug of protein, Natural PB, spoon and shaker cup. If I'm gone longer then a couple hours I will pack one or two containers of chicken/steak/rice.

Fine then, "cutting". :p

I'm going to NYC (on a bus) on Friday for a tour of both the Museum of Natural History and BodyWorks. I plan on taking prepacked tuna packets, protein shakes, some bananas, almonds, etc etc.

Bus leaves at 5:30 AM and won't be back until 10:30-11:30 PM.

Yoshe
02-23-2009, 04:30 PM

I'm going to NYC (on a bus) on Friday for a tour of both the Museum of Natural History and BodyWorks. I plan on taking prepacked tuna packets, protein shakes, some bananas, almonds, water, etc etc.

Anything else you guys can think of for me to take? I don't want to lug around a cooler full of food...so I'm taking a backpack instead.

MichaelWayne
02-23-2009, 05:17 PM

I'm going to NYC (on a bus) on Friday for a tour of both the Museum of Natural History and BodyWorks. I plan on taking prepacked tuna packets, protein shakes, some bananas, almonds, water, etc etc.

Anything else you guys can think of for me to take? I don't want to lug around a cooler full of food...so I'm taking a backpack instead.

If you are going to be gone that long, nothing says it can't be a 'cheat day'. You don't have to go full on crap food, but you still can have the McD or Wendys, just eat half the bun and meat (if thats even what you want to call it!)
Being gone for the day (with something to do, instead of having your food sit in your car), I would just bring a small bag of stuff to hold me over and find local spots to eat my bigger meals.

Suzy Brown
02-23-2009, 05:33 PM
Hard boiled eggs, good quality cheese, nuts, & veggies like cauliflower or carrots.

Yoshe
02-23-2009, 05:46 PM
If you are going to be gone that long, nothing says it can't be a 'cheat day'. You don't have to go full on crap food, but you still can have the McD or Wendys, just eat half the bun and meat (if thats even what you want to call it!)
Being gone for the day (with something to do, instead of having your food sit in your car), I would just bring a small bag of stuff to hold me over and find local spots to eat my bigger meals.

The problem is, I'm ~9 weeks out from a show. I planned to have dinner as a cheat meal, as I always do on Friday nights. I just want to avoid excess carbs and such.

The "eat the 'meat' and not the bun" thing is a good idea though!

rpninja636
02-23-2009, 07:48 PM
mix protein powder, oats, and pb together like a pudding.

meatheadio
02-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Personally I dont mind eating plain,cold chicken breast and stinking tuna straught out of the can. Of course you can throw in shakes between meals as they are very convenient. Whatever it takes to stick to that diet, I'd prefer not to 'plan' to cheat either, in my experience few people have enough self control when it comes to 'planned' cheating.good luck

NPCfigure
02-28-2009, 06:23 PM
i carry a soft sided cooler with me and keep ice packs in it... That way i can keep my chicken, salmon, cold water for shakes, ice, whatever with me....

They swear i'm coming to a picnic every day at work, but i'd rather be prepared.

x 2!

Larry C
03-01-2009, 06:07 AM
I'm in college from Monday-Friday and 9am -4pm and prepare meals in the morning for the day. I have 1 tupperware of porridge, 2 tupperware of rice and chicken meals and a small container for almonds. I also bring a protein shaker with 2 scoops and some fruit.

trivial
03-01-2009, 07:42 AM
I'm with the others, a cooler with the normal contest prep foods works just fine, microwaves are nice, but not necessary.

If I'm not prepping for a show and I just want to keep from eating so much crap while traveling, beef jerky, unsalted nuts, tuna packets, baggies of oats, protein powder, etc....oats cook quite well with just the hot water from a hotel coffee pot, btw. Lol.

Zetawill
03-01-2009, 12:18 PM
Cooler is the easiest and best way that I've found....kind of a hassle to carry around Body Works though! I love that exhibit.....always wondered when they where going to put a bodybuilder physique on the display.....of course once you donate your body to them all they can do is wait for you to die.

Yoshe
03-01-2009, 09:26 PM
Cooler is the easiest and best way that I've found....kind of a hassle to carry around Body Works though! I love that exhibit.....always wondered when they where going to put a bodybuilder physique on the display.....of course once you donate your body to them all they can do is wait for you to die.

The exhibit was insane. There was actually a very muscular guy in the exhibit that I went to, and you could see everything about 10x better.

If anyone gets a chance, go.