PDA

View Full Version : Where to get organic meats

lomox
09-09-2009, 02:04 PM
Anyone in the NYC area know a good resonably proced place for grass fed beef? I can get the chicken, but beef is seriously pricey when it comes to grass fed and I dont have a need for a whole side of beef that you need to order online.

jack08son
09-09-2009, 02:32 PM
what are you looking for? hamburger? steaks? angus? highlander?

Frosty
09-09-2009, 03:02 PM
Anyone in the NYC area know a good resonably proced place for grass fed beef? I can get the chicken, but beef is seriously pricey when it comes to grass fed and I dont have a need for a whole side of beef that you need to order online.

Grass fed beef can be hard to find in stores. Organic grain-fed is almost a waste of money, IMO because they're still grain fed.

Perhaps look into bison. It seems easier to find so long as it's not FATTY. Grass fed beef or bison is super lean like ground turkey breast. If you cook a burger of bison well done and it's nice and juicy, I don't think that's grass fed!!!

SallyAnne
09-09-2009, 03:06 PM
bison/buffalo is delicious. The ground meat is lean and goooood.

lomox
09-09-2009, 03:27 PM
Grass fed beef can be hard to find in stores. Organic grain-fed is almost a waste of money, IMO because they're still grain fed.

Perhaps look into bison. It seems easier to find so long as it's not FATTY. Grass fed beef or bison is super lean like ground turkey breast. If you cook a burger of bison well done and it's nice and juicy, I don't think that's grass fed!!!

Thanks.

Is bison equally hard to find. And is there grain fed bison or is it all grass fed? Not something you see in the supermarket asile. But there are some burger joints near me that sell bison burgers which I love. But they are like $8 minimum!

Frosty
09-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Thanks.

Is bison equally hard to find. And is there grain fed bison or is it all grass fed? Not something you see in the supermarket asile. But there are some burger joints near me that sell bison burgers which I love. But they are like $8 minimum!

It's usually around $5/lb for ground bison. Check the nutrition label....it should be very lean. I've found it to be easier to find than grass-fed beef.

If it's pretty fatty, i question if it's truly grass fed for its life and not simply "grass fed" when it was younger then fed grain to fatten up for slaughter. It should be lean like ground turkey breast.

SallyAnne
09-09-2009, 03:45 PM
You can buy it online through Amazon.com. There are actually many online retailers who sell it, but at Amazon you can comparison shop for price and shipping costs.

SallyAnne
09-09-2009, 03:45 PM
...also - I know Tammy Patnode bought 5 lbs of ground buffalo on ebay.

jack08son
09-09-2009, 04:03 PM
You guys want high quality grass fed beef get ahold of me!!

elite_lifter
10-23-2009, 09:23 PM
Anyone in the NYC area know a good resonably proced place for grass fed beef? I can get the chicken, but beef is seriously pricey when it comes to grass fed and I dont have a need for a whole side of beef that you need to order online.Do you have a Whole Foods there? They are pricey but you pay the price for organic.

thesamewords
10-23-2009, 09:37 PM
This may sound out of the way but, I live in cali and I drive all the way up to ennis,montana once a year to get my antelope, ostrich, and bison. I bring a little fish back along with me with some of the meat turned into sausage links and pattys. If you are down to do it, go to a state, get your hunting tags and go get your own real grass fed meats! You can get all your stuff processed weighed and packaged. Call up one of your family that is hunting and tell them to get you an elk or something. No joke bro, Im dead serious

jlgiller
10-23-2009, 10:38 PM
Go to www.superhumanradio.com (http://www.superhumanradio.com) and order it. They have a great deal and the meat is very good.

B7emm
10-23-2009, 10:47 PM
Go to www.superhumanradio.com (http://www.superhumanradio.com) and order it. They have a great deal and the meat is very good.

its us wellness meats that they use but the discount code is on shr.com. good list of products http://www.grasslandbeef.com/StoreFront.bok. the products are fantastic and the customer service is some of the best.

11Hungrybb
10-23-2009, 11:02 PM
Funny this is subject came up today. I pick up 120lbs of grass fed Corriente beef tomorrow. This is the ranch I buy from http://www.6ranch.com/index.html It is completely worth it as I paid $3.80/lb. The beef is dry aged for 14 days and then the butcher does his thing, packaged in an airtight sealed wrap....It's a n nicely finished packaged product.

Thesamewoods has it right...It is worthy to drive up and bring back 100/200lbs or more of beef. There are many many ranches to choose from in the Northwest. If you guys are interested I can post up these links and you can prepare for next year.

BTW, you will gobble it up very quickly so order as much as you have freezer storage for!

thesamewords
10-24-2009, 02:16 AM
I got a chest freezer just for my Antelope!