PDA

View Full Version : Well I had the Calf Implant Surgery

saiyajinali
09-09-2009, 02:57 PM
I have already posted in this forum about the details of calf augmentation a couple of months back. I mentioned I was in the process to have it done again.

Well I did... I am actaully recovering right now & I'm doped up on hydrocodone & xanax, so forgive the typos lol..

The procedure went well.. I only got them in my my right leg because it was the one that had neurological defects. The doctor ordered special implants that were softer in texture to not force too much presure on my skin that already had previous scarring from my accident, emergency surgery & staph infection.

I will say this. When I recover from this surgery, I will go on record to recommend that my dr could perform this procedure on anyone that wanted to have the process. He had a tough job operating on me because there was allot of scar tissue he had o work with. In case any of you dont know that scar tissue only has 75% to 80% of tensile strength of normal skin..
Anyway, Ill come back at the end of the week & give another update. Saturday September 12th is my Birthday, so hopefully this will make it a good one..

saiyajinali
09-18-2009, 02:19 AM
So far so good. still have some pain resulting from the extreme stretching of my skin which was scarred to begin with.
The implants are pretty big, so the skin is stretched to the limit, which resulted in some large weeping blisters that burn like a motherfucker when im on my feet.

The blisters are getting smaller everyday so I should be good to go by the end of next week. I will put up pics soon.

Just didnt want to put any up with the fresh traumatized surgical sites and wounds...

Ninja Loco
09-18-2009, 02:23 AM
Im glad to hear you're coming along fine, my friend. Im happy for you.

Aaron Singerman
09-18-2009, 02:26 AM
Jesus... You are the first person I (kinda sorta) know who's had this done! Please keep us updated! Pictures too PLEASE! (I can smell a story here)

KZRSOIZE
09-18-2009, 02:31 AM
Photos would be great! Speedy recovery.

Aaron Singerman
09-18-2009, 02:33 AM

And DON'T wait till you have the after pics... take some now! I'd like to see the stages of recovery... How big were the before? Do you have BEFORE pics?

Dude, this could be a great thread...

saiyajinali
09-18-2009, 08:39 AM
And DON'T wait till you have the after pics... take some now! I'd like to see the stages of recovery... How big were the before? Do you have BEFORE pics?

Dude, this could be a great thread...
yes Aaron I got plenty of before pics. The difference is amazing in my case... go to my page and look though some of my contest pics and you will see how it looked before..
I am going to put up the before pics that i sent to the surgeon before he did the procedure.

saiyajinali
09-18-2009, 08:41 AM
Im glad to hear you're coming along fine, my friend. Im happy for you.
thanx bro...

The Big Sexy
09-18-2009, 08:42 AM
Good to hear bro... definitely glad you are feeling better!!!

saiyajinali
09-18-2009, 08:49 AM

thx... just having to be real careful now. The 1st few weeks after the procedure is the make or break period when the skin is adjusting to the implants. I think this is where many people have problems.

They impede their recovery because they 'feel' good, even though their body hasn't healed.

If you think about it, if one gets a procedure done putting foreign bodies in their legs the body, has to adjust.

It cant adjust by walking around & doing too much. You have to 'let the glue dry 1st' if that makes any sense....

GirlyMuscle
09-18-2009, 08:49 AM
Happy Belated Birthday, Ali!

Ninja Loco
09-18-2009, 08:58 AM
Holy shit it's your birthday?? Or was??

Hey bro you walkin around on it yet? I cant wait to see the results man.

saiyajinali
09-18-2009, 09:25 AM
Good to hear bro... definitely glad you are feeling better!!!
thx bro..
hey pm me your cell again. i swapped cell carriers & lost some of my contacts or just text me and say its you.

saiyajinali
09-18-2009, 09:26 AM
Holy shit it's your birthday?? Or was??

Hey bro you walkin around on it yet? I cant wait to see the results man.

lol. my bday was on the 12th..

no im actually on crutches. Its something i decided to do to basically immobilze my leg until some swelling went down..

saiyajinali
09-18-2009, 09:27 AM
Happy Belated Birthday, Ali!

thanx honeey :hmn:

Ninja Loco
09-18-2009, 01:39 PM
You coulda just got Debbie to carry you around :)

saiyajinali
09-18-2009, 09:28 PM
You coulda just got Debbie to carry you around :)
and she would do it too. She has literally waited on me hand and foot since my surgery..

And this is for when she reads this, thanks love:flowers:

Curt James
09-19-2009, 02:12 PM
lol. my bday was on the 12th..

Happy Belated.

Wishing you a full recovery. :beerbang:

debbiebramwell
09-19-2009, 10:27 PM
and she would do it too. She has literally waited on me hand and foot since my surgery..

And this is for when she reads this, thanks love:flowers:
anything for you my love;)I just want you to get well and be 100% again.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
10-01-2009, 10:50 PM
Happy Belated Birthday, Saiyajinali :headbang: I hope you recovery progresses without incident.

saiyajinali
10-01-2009, 10:53 PM
Happy Belated Birthday, Saiyajinali :headbang: I hope you recovery progresses without incident.
thanx GX. my favorite kung fu bro !!

saiyajinali
10-01-2009, 10:54 PM
well here is the 1st pic.. I am still recovering STILL lol. 1st week of activity so I have got some swelling. There still is some internal healing that is taking place. My guess is that the implants that were put into my leg are so big it is taking my body longer to heal.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
10-01-2009, 11:00 PM
thanx GX. my favorite kung fu bro !!

You need to click on THIS then :D There is a lot of good stuff there.

AVBG
10-01-2009, 11:12 PM
Happy belated b'day saiyajinali. The implants look great (big improvement) hope it's a speedy recovery.

saiyajinali
10-02-2009, 05:20 AM
Happy belated b'day saiyajinali. The implants look great (big improvement) hope it's a speedy recovery.
thanx allot AVBG!! I'm still not ready to get under a squat rack or take my 2 stroke out in the woods lol, but I will be soon..

saiyajinali
10-02-2009, 05:25 AM
You need to click on THIS (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?t=19362) then :D There is a lot of good stuff there.

man that's a awesome thread! check this classic out.

YouTube - Jackie Chan Vs. Benny "The Jet" Urquidez

Ninja Loco
10-02-2009, 05:32 AM
well here is the 1st pic.. I am still recovering STILL lol. 1st week of activity so I have got some swelling. There still is some internal healing that is taking place. My guess is that the implants that were put into my leg are so big it is taking my body longer to heal.
Dude it looks great!! Im happy you're walking too!!

Gaoshang Xiongshou
10-02-2009, 08:42 AM
man that's a awesome thread! check this classic out.

YouTube - Jackie Chan Vs. Benny "The Jet" Urquidez (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWkk4jpEedQ)

Kong Sang is not all that tall. This scene is so great and funny because you can really see how much shorter Urquidez is

saiyajinali
10-02-2009, 09:37 AM
Dude it looks great!! Im happy you're walking too!!
Thanx Ninja!!
Funny thing is that it looks bigger than my left leg now.

But when I resume leg training my left calf will grow about 2inches & the balance will be perfect!!

tight booty
10-03-2009, 08:56 AM
I have already posted in this forum about the details of calf augmentation a couple of months back. I mentioned I was in the process to have it done again.

Well I did... I am actaully recovering right now & I'm doped up on hydrocodone & xanax, so forgive the typos lol..

The procedure went well.. I only got them in my my right leg because it was the one that had neurological defects. The doctor ordered special implants that were softer in texture to not force too much presure on my skin that already had previous scarring from my accident, emergency surgery & staph infection.

I will say this. When I recover from this surgery, I will go on record to recommend that my dr could perform this procedure on anyone that wanted to have the process. He had a tough job operating on me because there was allot of scar tissue he had o work with. In case any of you dont know that scar tissue only has 75% to 80% of tensile strength of normal skin..
Anyway, Ill come back at the end of the week & give another update. Saturday September 12th is my Birthday, so hopefully this will make it a good one..
Happy Belated birthday and you look great in your post surgery pic....can definitely see a big difference from your pics in your album. Have a very speedy recovery. :)

saiyajinali
10-03-2009, 03:22 PM
Happy Belated birthday and you look great in your post surgery pic....can definitely see a big difference from your pics in your album. Have a very speedy recovery. :)

STILL recovering :)
thanx for stopping by hon :hmn:

Aaron Singerman
10-03-2009, 03:52 PM

Looking good Bro! I took a look at some past contest pics... What happened to that calf to cause the atrophy?

saiyajinali
10-03-2009, 08:44 PM
Looking good Bro! I took a look at some past contest pics... What happened to that calf to cause the atrophy?
7 yrs ago, a wreck on a back kroad crush injury resulting in compartment syndrome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compartment_syndrome

tight booty
10-03-2009, 09:25 PM
thanx for stopping by hon :hmn:
Anytime sweetie. Just take your time in getting back to gym and anything streneous to ensure a full recovery. :)

Curt James
10-25-2009, 06:32 PM

Update? :o

7 yrs ago, a wreck on a back kroad crush injury resulting in compartment syndrome.

Back road? Car or motorcycle accident? I've been fortunate (knock on wood). One concussion, stitches, but that's about it for trauma. Some cuts and burns but nothing worth a visit to an emergency room.

Wishing you a 100% full and speedy recovery, saiyajinali! Emphasis on FULL! Take your time with the recuperation.

:beerbang:

AVBG
10-25-2009, 07:54 PM
Give us an update.. Are you walking around or better still back in the gym?

saiyajinali
10-29-2009, 07:31 PM
Update? :o

Back road? Car or motorcycle accident? I've been fortunate (knock on wood). One concussion, stitches, but that's about it for trauma. Some cuts and burns but nothing worth a visit to an emergency room.

Wishing you a 100% full and speedy recovery, saiyajinali! Emphasis on FULL! Take your time with the recuperation.

:beerbang:

Back Road Curt... The thing is I thought I was ok beacuse I didnt see any bruising when I went down & the impact of the fall & the weight of the bike on the leg. It was three days later when the damage was done. My foot basically went to sleep..

So now when I ride, yes I still ride :), I wear top of the line boots EVERYTIME I go out. On dirt & on street.. It alaways amazes me when I see guys riding in flip flops.

Curt James
10-29-2009, 08:23 PM
Back Road Curt... The thing is I thought I was ok beacuse I didnt see any bruising when I went down & the impact of the fall & the weight of the bike on the leg. It was three days later when the damage was done. My foot basically went to sleep..

So now when I ride, yes I still ride :), I wear top of the line boots EVERYTIME I go out. On dirt & on street.. It alaways amazes me when I see guys riding in flip flops.

A man whose posts I read in a newsgroup died in a freak bicycle accident. No helmet.

I ride motorcycle and, yes, though I've ridden without a helmet, I normally wear the proper gear - jacket, boots, gloves, and lid. And I do cringe when I see people on sportbikes wearing flip flops and gym shorts. :eek:

Again, wishing you a full and speedy recover! :beerbang:

saiyajinali
10-30-2009, 09:01 AM
Give us an update.. Are you walking around or better still back in the gym?
I actually just took my compression bandage I had been wearing for two weeks off Wednesday night. A few weeks ago my dr advised me to use one because the inner implant pocket opened up & created a small drain.. It was my body's way of getting rid of internal bleeding & excess fluid from the healing process..

Since my lower right leg is 35% scar tissue, he had to cut beneath the surface of the skin which was scar, that is not strong skin, & into the tissue to make a thicker pocket to hold the implant.

If he didnt do this, my leg would have rejected the implant & it would have cut through, which is what happened last time I had the surgery...

The down side is that it has taken me much longer to heal.. & I had ALLOT of internal bleeding while that pocket was healing... This sounds gross, but I could literally squeeze my leg & blood & would fluid would come out of the drain. :puke:
I went through so many dressings until it was ridiculous..

But I am finally over this & I will resume training next week..

I am going to put up before & after photos today or tomorrow so you all can see the difference.

BadAssBarbie
01-20-2010, 09:15 PM
Ok, Ali, last time I saw you(at Olympia) you were still on crutches. Let's see some more pics! Should look really good now!!!

mygirlsdad
01-21-2010, 10:46 PM
Looking great bro, your surgeon did an awesome job. Wishing you a quick recovery!

tight booty
01-23-2010, 08:46 AM
Come on, post them up......:p

Sugan
01-23-2010, 08:50 AM
Good luck in your recovery and for the love of God pull that stove out and clean behind there. You have some kitty toys and half a bag of macaroni under there.

saiyajinali
01-26-2010, 01:29 PM
Good luck in your recovery and for the love of God pull that stove out and clean behind there. You have some kitty toys and half a bag of macaroni under there.

HAHAHA!!!
I freaking love this guy.
No homo.

saiyajinali
01-26-2010, 01:42 PM
Ok, Ali, last time I saw you(at Olympia) you were still on crutches. Let's see some more pics! Should look really good now!!!

Ali, post some current pics yo. No homo.

Come on, post them up......:p

I most certainly will do so this week.

I have been meaning to do it, but you have to understand that I am a man & I have ashy legs & by the time I get to the gym where I want to take pics with good light, I realize I dont have any lotion LOL..

No seriously,
I am going to put some before pics that i sent to my surgeon that he used to decide what size to go with with the recent ones.

Just letting you know guys know upfront though, even though I have balance in both legs I have some serious discoloration & scarring from past trauma & such. I probably have had over 10 surgeries on this leg.. So imagine if it was scarred & discolored before, these scars are stretched with the implants placed inside. Good thing for protan on gameday lol..

Funny thing is that I wear long shorts in the gym now where my lower legs are exposed, & people that have trained @ my gym for years ask me, "What happened to your leg?"

I always laugh & tell them, "You should have seen it before."

You see, I have not been seen in public wearing shorts since 2002 because the muscle atrophy looked VERY ODD. That means that I havent been to pools & beaches either..
The only time anyone has seen my right leg is in contest photos...

Chong Li
01-26-2010, 05:59 PM
glad you got it fixed. must be a load off your shoulders

GirlyMuscle
01-26-2010, 06:31 PM
So Ali, have you been to the pool or beach since your surgery? You have that hot wife to parade around so I hope so!

saiyajinali
01-29-2010, 09:40 AM
Here they are folks. The before pics I took I sent to my surgeon Dr Howell Tiller of Miami Florida.

He used them to decide what size implants to use. As you can see my right leg was severely atrophied from my injury with nerve damage. The 'after' pics I took last night in the gym.

If you notice from the rear that my entire right leg has discoloration. It is due to post inflammatory hypo pigmenation from all the surgeries & damage to the leg. It is mostly scar tissue. You also will notice from the rear on the inside that it is pink/red.

That is an old surgical site that was never closed. It is filled in scar tissue. The surgeon had to cut deep beneath this area as it was weak, into other tissue to create a pocket strong enough to with stand the stretch to support the implant. This is why it took me so long to heal.

swingslammer
01-29-2010, 10:52 AM
Looks good so far, hope the healing keeps going good without too much pain. Good luck.

nycdude
02-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Looks good. More pics please. Def an interesting subject.

GirlyMuscle
02-01-2010, 08:11 PM
Very nice, Ali. :) Nothing like a thick pair of calves poppin' out from under long shorts. Just means there's more leg where that came from!

Nitro Fueled Barbie/Mel Marx
02-02-2010, 02:24 PM
Wow.........they look Great!!!!!!!

Gaoshang Xiongshou
02-02-2010, 03:52 PM
I am teh jeluz. :)

saiyajinali
02-03-2010, 07:37 PM
Wow. Didn't realize it was that bad before the implants. You must be very happy with the vast improvements. Are you actually doing seated and standing calf raises now?
No, I dont need to at this point.

Number one I cant build the right calf any bigger, & number two, If I tried just traing my left calf(good one) it would be asymmetrical.

Plus, believe it or not my left calf grew after I got hurt because I would use it more by nature. I guess it would be comparible to seeing a three legged dog get around..

saiyajinali
02-03-2010, 07:39 PM
I am teh jeluz. :)
It doesnt bother me for you to be jealous of me for anything GX.
You are not venomous by nature ;)

saiyajinali
02-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Very nice, Ali. :) Nothing like a thick pair of calves poppin' out from under long shorts. Just means there's more leg where that came from!
yep lol :hmn:..

Wow.........they look Great!!!!!!!
thanks hon :hmn:

saiyajinali
02-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Looks good so far, hope the healing keeps going good without too much pain. Good luck.

Thanks & thanks for stopping by.

tiramisu
02-04-2010, 12:05 AM
That's a pretty impressive surgery. How is mobility affected with the implant?

atomicplayboy3000
02-12-2010, 06:09 AM
what are you talking about ??????

1uhzuEeAIgw

saiyajinali
02-12-2010, 10:57 AM
YouTube- Entourage - Johnny Drama has a hard-on for manly legs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uhzuEeAIgw)

Thats what I thought.....

Listen, this is a serious thread about a plastic surgery that I had. And I feel that you posting this nonsense is a trolling attempt at derailing the thread..

I normally dont believe in negging someone, but this presents the perfect time for negative rep points...

Enjoy the red dots sir..

saiyajinali
02-12-2010, 11:05 AM
That's a pretty impressive surgery. How is mobility affected with the implant?
at 1st i had allot of stiffness behind my leg which made it next to impossible to straigthen out all the way.

But it was from the swelling following the surgery.

Once the sweilling went away, I have had no mobility issues.

fletch76
02-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Very impressive! You and the surgeon should be proud of those results.

Fishfearme
02-16-2011, 11:02 AM
Wow, awesome job on the calf. I first looked at this thread like, " here we go with another newbie thats afraid to put in the work".... Nope. You truly needed that implant. For yourself, as well as to be competitive in this sport. Glad to see that your results are that satisfying & that you have healed so well. Congrats bro.

TINO17
07-15-2011, 10:24 AM
good stuff .bro

the question is "can you dance?..lol

tommbstone
08-14-2013, 04:14 PM
Saiyajinali, your pm is full

In 1999 I had back surgery due to snow boarding. I have no scares like you. But my left calf shrunk to nothing. I too now want to fix this because I also have nerve damage in my right shoulder.
So missing 2 body parts has kept me off the stage till now. I just won a masters and 2nd in open heavies. But now that I'm missing 2 body parts I've decided to fix the calf.

my problem is finding a doc in California that's done more than 1-2 his entire career.
I found one who has done one and he's very reputable and the cost is about 4k

who in FL did yours and what was the cost?

thx brother... I hope you made a full recovery.
T

Curt James
08-14-2013, 05:36 PM
Saiyajinali, your pm is full

In 1999 I had back surgery due to snow boarding. I have no scares like you. But my left calf shrunk to nothing. I too now want to fix this because I also have nerve damage in my right shoulder.
So missing 2 body parts has kept me off the stage till now. I just won a masters and 2nd in open heavies. But now that I'm missing 2 body parts I've decided to fix the calf.

my problem is finding a doc in California that's done more than 1-2 his entire career.
I found one who has done one and he's very reputable and the cost is about 4k

who in FL did yours and what was the cost?

thx brother... I hope you made a full recovery.
T

Saiyajinali answered:

"My surgeon is Dr. J Howell Tiller and practices in Miami FL and he is the best. I would recommend that this guy make reservations to fly into FL and stay a week. Dr Tiller is very meticulous and literally is an artist. Excellent bed side manner too."

TonyElTigre
08-14-2013, 06:02 PM
Hey bro,
Congrats on the surgery... I think it's a great thing. Was it expensive? I can only imagine. I think that your in great shape. I think that this is just going to add to your physique. I think you should win a bunch of comps now. Good luck with all your comps in the future.

tommbstone
08-14-2013, 06:03 PM
did he say the price for the one calf?

Curt James
08-14-2013, 06:09 PM
did he say the price for the one calf?

No.

His initial post in this thread is from September 2009. That's nearly (counts on fingers) four years ago. I suspect prices have gone up since his surgery and also that the surgery would vary in price from patient to patient depending on what you need done.

One way to be sure is to contact Dr. Tiller regarding a consultation. Google search string: Dr. J Howell Tiller plastic surgeon

Curt James
08-14-2013, 06:15 PM
Hey bro,
Congrats on the surgery... I think it's a great thing. Was it expensive? I can only imagine. I think that your in great shape. I think that this is just going to add to your physique. I think you should win a bunch of comps now. Good luck with all your comps in the future.

A quick Google search offers a price range of between five and ten grand. I assume that's for both calves.

tommbstone
08-15-2013, 12:58 AM
Yeah 5-10 for both is the normal. I'll search and see if I can find his contact info.

sucks to have nerve damage in 2 body parts. ugh

beefyfan
05-19-2020, 02:22 AM
is it work now?)

Fuck off retard.

Curt James
05-19-2020, 01:40 PM
Fuck off retard.

Oh, hai!

Sexybeast777
11-19-2020, 11:20 PM
It's not worth it