PDA

View Full Version : Florian/Guida moved to 107

-Z-
09-09-2009, 08:46 PM
A featured lightweight bout between Kenny Florian and Clay Guida has been moved to UFC 107 on Dec. 12 at the FedEx Forum in Memphis, Tenn.

ESPN’s "MMA Live" reported the re-scheduling on its Twitter account Wednesday. Florian also confirmed the new date to Sherdog.com via text.

The bout, originally slated to take place at UFC 106 on Nov. 21 in Las Vegas, has big shoes to fill: A light heavyweight matchup between Quinton “Rampage” Jackson and Rashad Evans was called off Saturday after Jackson withdrew due to other commitments.

Jackson, who will star with Evans as rival coaches on Spike TV’s “The Ultimate Fighter 10” for the next 12 weeks, is currently filming a lead role in the remake of “The A-Team.” Evans told Sherdog.com Tuesday that the bout will be rescheduled in early 2010.

Florian was submitted by lightweight champion B.J. Penn in the fourth round of their championship bout at UFC 101 on Aug. 8. The 33-year-old host of ESPN “MMA Live” had won his last six bouts prior to that.

Guida, 27, lost a controversial split decision to Diego Sanchez at “The Ultimate Fighter 9” Finale in June. The Chicago-based wrestler is 5-4 in the Octagon.

Sensei
09-11-2009, 01:22 AM
Interesting match up considering both fighters are coming off losses. Should be AN EXCITING fight though

Plates
09-11-2009, 09:13 AM
This will be a good match. I still want to see Florian vs. Sanchez though.

JLucas
09-12-2009, 02:28 AM
I hope menstrual flow gets murdered and Guida finally gets the props he deserves. I think he is by far one of the most, if not the most exciting fighter in the UFC. I would love to see him get a title shot, great fights against Huerta, Diego, Nate Diaz. Oh did I mention all the before mentioned fights won 'Fight of the Night' honours. GO GUIDA!

JLucas
09-12-2009, 02:29 AM
Oh my mistake the Huerta fight, didnt get fight of night. Even though it should have, one of the most exciting fights Ive ever watched. He did get fight of night against Tyson Griffin tho.

Plates
09-12-2009, 08:54 AM
I think Guida and Diego are WAY up the ladder on the fight of the year so far. I dont think any fights coming up can fuck with that fight.

http://ufc-gifs.com/ultimate_fighter_final/diego_brawl1.gif (http://www.mma-core.com/gifs/GifDetails.aspx?gid=10000777&tid=107)