PDA

View Full Version : Rotisserie Chicken in the Deli Section, DO YOU TRUST IT?

HOTGYMDIVA
09-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Hey everyone!

Just a quick question...do any of you ever buy those rotisserie chickens at the grocery store that are already cooked in the deli section?

Do you trust them when it comes to pre-contest dieting?

Thx in advance for your replies!

Shadow
09-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Pre-contest I wouldn't trust them, but off-season I could probably eat a whole one of those things!

Bolan
09-09-2009, 09:47 PM
Nope I dont trust em'.....There slimy as hell too.

Frosty
09-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Lots of fat in those for pre-contest.

figurebre
09-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Those are covered in butter and loaded with sodium...

Shadow
09-09-2009, 10:26 PM
They should have all the ingredients listed, depending on the grocery store. You can find some that are comparable to what you'd make at home.

MichaelWayne
09-09-2009, 10:27 PM
Save the trouble, eat the packaging and throw the chicken away.

SallyAnne
09-09-2009, 10:27 PM
Safeway here roasts turkey breasts and doesn't add anything to them except seasoning - I'll buy those when they have them, but I stay away from the chickens because of all the added fat.

They taste good, though. lol I eat them offseason.

Frosty
09-09-2009, 11:51 PM
They should have all the ingredients listed, depending on the grocery store. You can find some that are comparable to what you'd make at home.

It ain't the ingredients. It's that a whole chicken is very fatty.

Youngguns
09-10-2009, 12:17 AM
Because the skin stayed on?

Frosty
09-10-2009, 12:42 AM
Because the skin stayed on?

Skin and dark meat are quite fatty on those chickens.

CallofDuty4
09-10-2009, 08:26 AM
usually prepared supermarket food is a no go, when I go to wegmans it's so hard not endulge, but my eye's are so full when I leave wegmans they feel like they weigh 20lbs each......Frosty can you gain weight by just looking and smelling food???

tammyp
09-10-2009, 08:32 AM
off season i just strip the skin away..but not when dieting...they taste to good to be good for a diet food!

bigdaddyd
09-10-2009, 08:36 AM
I just make my own. Way better. That is about the only chicken I can stomach at this point. Yes, I actually bought an infomercial product and I friggin love it.

stephaniewicked
09-10-2009, 10:17 AM
I just make my own. Way better. That is about the only chicken I can stomach at this point. Yes, I actually bought an infomercial product and I friggin love it.

Do you "set it and forget it"?? lol.. I always wanted to try that thing.

I've had the rotisserie chicken in the off-season, without the skin and only the white meat, but it is pretty greasy so I can't imagine it would be good for pre-contest... as tasty and convenient as it might be!

neofarq
09-10-2009, 11:46 AM
The ones from Costco are the shit!!! The ones they sell at whole foods are like 14.99 and I think they are actually smaller than the Costco ones!!

I wouldn't touch it when dieting, the skin is still on the chicken when they roast it so I think a lot of the grease and fat seeps into the breast meat. Offseason though they are great, just stay away from the skin and dark meat.

I try and avoid eating out when dieting, but sometimes u gotta make exceptions, i.e; family and work fucntions. Even when you ask for a plain grilled chicken breast you never know exactly what kind of goodies they may have used. It usually makes me feel guilty!!!

DAVIDHARDY
09-10-2009, 01:56 PM
I could justify it if I tried hard enough lol. Seriously though, with the skin on while they were cooking, it's a no go. If I needed chicken and didn't have any around, I'd rather buy a fried breast and peel the skin off than eat one of these, but that's just me.

CallofDuty4
09-10-2009, 05:30 PM
fried chicken so you rather have the sautrated fat??...dont get me wrong fried chicken is of the hook especially southern fried chicken but not allowed on the diet...

DAVIDHARDY
09-11-2009, 09:32 AM
fried chicken so you rather have the sautrated fat??...dont get me wrong fried chicken is of the hook especially southern fried chicken but not allowed on the diet...

Nearly all of the oil is soaked up by the skin when you fry chicken, assuming the oil is at the right temp when you drop it in there, so if your in a pinch and need something quick, then grab a breast and peel off the skin and you're good to eat it without guilt.

CallofDuty4
09-11-2009, 10:53 AM
...maybe i could use some pork rinds to oven fry chicken breast.

DAVIDHARDY
09-11-2009, 11:13 AM
...maybe i could use some pork rinds to oven fry chicken breast.

I thought about it, but that's be a teaser to me because I love fried chicken and it just wouldn't seem right if it wasn't battered in my usual batter and deep fried lol.

CallofDuty4
09-11-2009, 12:09 PM
would that be allowed during a cheat meal?

DAVIDHARDY
09-11-2009, 01:07 PM
would that be allowed during a cheat meal?

The rotisserie chicken and fried IMO would absolutely be allowed. I don't hold anything back when it comes to cheating, but if you are on a strict plan with Frosty, then consult with him 1st. I personally feel that it's my one meal and I'll eat whatever the fuck I want to. Might not be the best approach, but I need to stay sane lol.

CallofDuty4
09-11-2009, 11:10 PM
The rotisserie chicken and fried IMO would absolutely be allowed. I don't hold anything back when it comes to cheating, but if you are on a strict plan with Frosty, then consult with him 1st. I personally feel that it's my one meal and I'll eat whatever the fuck I want to. Might not be the best approach, but I need to stay sane lol.

Yeah I'm being strict about it,I'm coming up on my first cheat which is my B-day, and just getting some ideas I diffinetly dont want to over due it but I want to enjoy it.....should I have my normal meals and make my cheat meal last??

Frosty
09-11-2009, 11:17 PM
Yeah I'm being strict about it,I'm coming up on my first cheat which is my B-day, and just getting some ideas I diffinetly dont want to over due it but I want to enjoy it.....should I have my normal meals and make my cheat meal last??

Yes.