PDA

View Full Version : HEAVY MUSCLE RADIO: Mon (02/23/09) 7pm- Ronnie Coleman, Jim Lorimer, Scott Connelly

huge285
02-23-2009, 01:23 AM
Lou Ferrigno's pick for the greatest bodybuilding of all time, 8-time Mr. Olympia, Ronnie Coleman (http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=jm4k7xcab.0.0.racsvncab.0&p=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bigroncoleman.com%2F&id=preview), will be stopping by to give us his insights on the upcoming Arnold Classic.

Dr. Scott Connelly, a leading expert in the field of human nutrition and metabolism, will continue to educate our listeners on diet and nutrition and the latest developments on his PROGENEX (http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=jm4k7xcab.0.0.racsvncab.0&p=http%3A%2F%2Fprogenexsrg.com%2Fproducts.aspx&id=preview) line of supplements.

Co-promoter of the Arnold Sports Festival, Mr. Jim Lorimer, calls in to discuss the exciting events he and Arnold have planned in Columbus, OH less than two short weeks from today.

Remember, "With Heavy Muscle Radio, you never know who'll stop by!"

HEAVY MUSCLE RADIO airs live on Monday, February 23, 2009 at 7 PM EST/4 PM PST. Just go to RXMUSCLE.com and click on the HEAVY MUSCLE RADIO page of the website or simply click on the following link to join the party:

http://www.rxmuscle.com/heavy-muscle-radio.html (http://www.rxmuscle.com/heavy-muscle-radio.html)

On-Demand Replays and Podcasts will be available 24/7 a few hours after the show for your convenience.

MAYOR OF BODYBUILDING
02-23-2009, 01:29 AM
Jim Lorimer is a great guest,He has a long history with Arnold!

Teiki
02-23-2009, 01:29 AM
Hell yeah!!!

bigchamp89
02-23-2009, 01:31 AM
awesome

MrDiamondCalves
02-23-2009, 01:36 AM
Yes I was hoping Big Ron would be on.

azn-beef
02-23-2009, 01:37 AM
who are the hosts? is it john, dave, the smalleys, and pellechia?

doubleogordo
02-23-2009, 02:26 AM
ill b listening

huge285
02-23-2009, 02:26 AM
who are the hosts? is it john, dave, the smalleys, and pellechia?

Everyone is in the house.......packed to the gills........ MR G, his brother Rob, Pellechia, Colette.....and just about anyone else we can jam in there!

The show also runs over 2 1/2 hours (to make up for the 1/2 hour we shorted you last week).

swiftriz
02-23-2009, 02:38 AM
Wow sounds like this weeks show is going to be off the hook once again!!!

Canuck_Muscle
02-23-2009, 03:13 AM
What!? U guys are gonna be interviewing Coleman? That is pretty bad ass boys. I will be listening in for sure.

GordonBombay
02-23-2009, 03:45 AM
I love this. The old show made my cardio a breeze. These new shows are on a whole new level. Thanks so much to everyone at RXmuscle for all your hArdwork and dedication to bringing the fans awesome content each week.

DMC
02-23-2009, 04:42 AM
Yeah buddy- the big nasty!!!

IF I TOOK ROIDS I'D BE MR OLYMPIA
02-23-2009, 06:57 AM
wowWOW... dave = the man, owning PBW.. the hulk, now 8x mr O in two weeks.. :D

ReeBPM
02-23-2009, 08:41 AM
This is awesome, the last show with Ronnie was hilarious - especially when he didn't know who king kamali was lol.

DIESEL1972
02-23-2009, 08:45 AM
Cant wait for tonight Ronnie is funny as hell. He should join the whack pack ha!!

The Big King
02-23-2009, 08:58 AM
Its going to be a great show!
Plus the radio show is getting better and better everyweek!

Admiral Johnson
02-23-2009, 09:02 AM
Awesome! I love how its over 2 1/2 hours too!!

azn-beef
02-23-2009, 10:05 AM
Everyone is in the house.......packed to the gills........ MR G, his brother Rob, Pellechia, Colette.....and just about anyone else we can jam in there!

The show also runs over 2 1/2 hours (to make up for the 1/2 hour we shorted you last week).

"yeah buddy!"

jesus
02-23-2009, 10:22 AM
this is gonna be ace... can't wait!!!!

flexingtonsteele
02-23-2009, 10:33 AM
damn dave stacked show!!

good job getting this show on the ball and rollin'!

anthony1992
02-23-2009, 10:37 AM
GREAT can't wait to listen to it

Maraxus
02-23-2009, 10:54 AM
holy fucking shit!

Demorak
02-23-2009, 11:07 AM
Awsome!!! Cant wait...this will be perfect for my cardio tomorrow

Mike Hunt
02-23-2009, 11:37 AM
Sweet.Always good when Big Ron is on the air.Should be a great show.

AFTazz06
02-23-2009, 11:41 AM
"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder but nobody wants to lift this heavy ass weight!":D

Big Al
02-23-2009, 11:53 AM
DAMN......can't wait!!!! Yeah, buddy!!!!

MichaelWayne
02-23-2009, 12:04 PM
Sounds good, will be another winner for sure.

bigjim2006
02-23-2009, 12:27 PM
Big Ron is always entertaining...Should be a great show...

Small Muscles
02-23-2009, 12:29 PM
Look I am just glad to hear you guys voice again! The crap that goes on now( you know where) sounds dead, and drab. Personality is so essential in radio. You must be able to bring that across the airwaves. Yo! Thank you! Neva quit, Neva give up!

JasonR
02-23-2009, 12:41 PM
I can't wait for this one. This will be the high point of my work day.

big.poppa.pump
02-23-2009, 12:52 PM
Wow! You guys are already having better lineups than ya did with NBR

Marduk The UnREPable
02-23-2009, 03:50 PM
Yeahhhhh!

jaws43
02-23-2009, 03:59 PM
Lou and now big Ron Coleman... and this is really only the second show. Dave and John are setting the bar extremely high... can't wait for tonight!

sturrific
02-23-2009, 04:02 PM
This will be an AWESOME SHOW!!!

APK
02-23-2009, 04:04 PM

AWESOME!!! The more the better, I fucking hate when its 1:50 into the show and Im like fuck, I have to entertain myself with music now.

Tom
02-23-2009, 04:05 PM
You guys deliver, appreciate your efforts, infact I'll hand out some props.

Props to you both

Burrappa

02-23-2009, 04:08 PM
so its not pre taped? ask ronnie coleman can he adopt me :D i've always wanted a sugar daddy :D

buster12
02-23-2009, 04:58 PM
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DECABEATZ
02-23-2009, 05:48 PM
Nice jam packed excitment great lineup!!!! Lightweight buddy!!!

huge285
02-23-2009, 06:51 PM
The show is now posted! Enjoy!

http://rxmuscle.com/heavy-muscle-radio.html

red barraca
02-23-2009, 06:52 PM
light weight baby

AVBG
02-23-2009, 07:19 PM
"They're all sprayers" - Mr G. (priceless)

AVBG
02-23-2009, 07:25 PM
Gotta get some of this Guilt fuel!

robert da strongman
02-23-2009, 07:26 PM
great show....

somebody better be in orlando!!

.DP
02-23-2009, 07:59 PM
I really like how the show is pre-recorded now. Really improves on the audio quality.

MisledYouth
02-23-2009, 08:20 PM
Ronnie Coleman was good and all.... but the first 60 mins with the Whack Pack had me in stitches, especially the whole Colette PB fiasco hahaha.

Darcane
02-23-2009, 08:33 PM
I just came back from the Ronnie Coleman Workout Weekend and it is everything you can imagine plus some. Train at MetroFlex, train at Ronnie's home gym, chill with him in his house and his wonderful family. Doing again next year. Sitting with him at breakfast getting inside industry info was so surreal. Big as a house and not training too hard yet (and I mean yet).

robert da strongman
02-23-2009, 08:52 PM
yay!!!

thanks for the strongman plug Dave!!

and Mr. Lorimer nailed it on the head...great guys!!!

AVBG
02-23-2009, 08:53 PM
I just came back from the Ronnie Coleman Workout Weekend and it is everything you can imagine plus some. Train at MetroFlex, train at Ronnie's home gym, chill with him in his house and his wonderful family. Doing again next year. Sitting with him at breakfast getting inside industry info was so surreal. Big as a house and not training too hard yet (and I mean yet).

give us the scoop?

Kev
02-23-2009, 09:09 PM
Light weight, baby

JaimeSandovalJr
02-23-2009, 09:36 PM
Great, great show. It could run for hours and I still would not get bored of it. Great job guys :-)

swiftriz
02-24-2009, 12:21 AM
So far every show has been GREAT!!!!

John Romano
02-24-2009, 12:38 AM
So far every show has been GREAT!!!!

all two of them!! hahaha...... I hope we can keep the momentum....

John Romano
02-24-2009, 12:39 AM
Ronnie Coleman was good and all.... but the first 60 mins with the Whack Pack had me in stitches, especially the whole Colette PB fiasco hahaha.

Just wait till our second show - After Hours with the Whack Pack!

Woofman81
02-24-2009, 12:40 AM

Like someone mentioned below, could you give us more details? I've always wanted to do this. Just haven't had the spare cash :(

Frosty
02-24-2009, 12:47 AM
Great show guys! Loved hearing from Ronnie....and Scott was very informative, and refreshing especially since I saw the current MD on the newsstand with all the low carb BS about how you'll die and get fat from it.

Has a great Howard Stern-type vibe to it...but for bodybuilders! Very entertaining and still informative.

02-24-2009, 12:58 AM
Ronnie coleman got better towards the end.
Ronnie coleman isn't dumb. He is just one of those guys who aren't good with interviews. I wouldn't know what to say to some of the questions.

225orDie
02-24-2009, 01:08 AM
I want to see this new product....Guilt Fuel!!

Darcane
02-24-2009, 02:12 AM
Like someone mentioned below, could you give us more details? I've always wanted to do this. Just haven't had the spare cash :(

For an entire weekend (Friday to Sunday) you feel welcomed by him and his family. You train with him in MetroFlex using the same rep scheme that he uses. Lifting with him screaming at you to give some more or having Brian slap you in your back before some heavy ass squats is beyond motivational. You get a chance to train at his own home gym as well.

We sat in his house watching the posing routines of his 8 Olympia wins and he seemed to be amazed by his own physique. A very humble individual. His family is all a big part of it. His mother feeds you and his brothers and sisters treat you like you're a part of the family.

There were a few guys and women who went multiple times and I will be there next year for sure.

Woofman81
02-24-2009, 03:51 AM
For an entire weekend (Friday to Sunday) you feel welcomed by him and his family. You train with him in MetroFlex using the same rep scheme that he uses. Lifting with him screaming at you to give some more or having Brian slap you in your back before some heavy ass squats is beyond motivational. You get a chance to train at his own home gym as well.

We sat in his house watching the posing routines of his 8 Olympia wins and he seemed to be amazed by his own physique. A very humble individual. His family is all a big part of it. His mother feeds you and his brothers and sisters treat you like you're a part of the family.

There were a few guys and women who went multiple times and I will be there next year for sure.

I'm so jealous. I've been a huge Ronnie fan since the first time I ever saw a you tube workout video of him. I "finally" got to meet him at this past year's Olympia expo. Got a pic with him and everything.

If I ever have the spare cash in the future, I'm going to one of these. Thanks again for the reply!

huge285
02-24-2009, 04:26 AM
ROMANO wrote a great article on Ronnie's real genius:

http://www.rxmuscle.com/articles/romanos-rage/81-ronnie-coleman-a-bodybuilders-bodybuilder.html

MrDiamondCalves
02-24-2009, 06:37 AM
The show was awesome. It was great hearing Big Ron again. He's just the coolest guy and funny as hell.

fitQuest
02-24-2009, 07:57 AM
Dave & John,
I want to thank you guys for what I can only describe as one of THE BEST radio show episodes I have ever heard. I am very thankful of being able to listen to this while at work... Where I normally get bored out of my mind!!

The show was hillarious, entertaining, and Dr Scotts segment was Informative as always! I didn't skip any partsand even replayed some parts.

This is amaZing work guys! Very much appriciated indeed!

Mudpro69
02-24-2009, 08:40 AM
Thanks HMR,

Just finished listening to this episode. One of the best and most entertaining. It sounded as though he was very comfortable with you all... Keep them coming....

rxmuscle69
02-24-2009, 09:11 AM
this is the only reason i look forward to tuesdays lol. about to go listen now cant wait to hear the bull, ronnie and everyone else.

Aaron Singerman
02-24-2009, 09:54 AM
Another great show!

2manytoyz
02-24-2009, 10:13 AM
Amazing show, and I still can't believe you got Big Ron already. I want thank you guys for putting together an amazing site and radio show ( while keeping it real). :cool:

Darcane
02-24-2009, 10:26 AM
John,

I just read your write up on the interview with Ronnie and you could not be any closer to the truth on the man. I just came back from his workout weekend and words can't express the time that I had. To sit with the Man, who statistically is the greatest bodybuilder in history, just shooting the breeze like he is just an amateur doing shows for fun was so surreal. There were times where we were talking and laughing that I really had to remind myself that this was the same man that I watched in all those videos lifting those heavy weights preparing for the biggest contest in the world.

The man enjoys to laugh and have fun. In the weight room he approaches it like a kid in the playground. There is a certain purpose but he is also enjoying himself. That's one of the things that stuck with me the most. You see a lot of bodybuilders, amateur or pro, that approach the gym likes it's their job. Ronnie approaches it like he just wants to have fun, throw around some heavy weight and yell words of encouragement in the process. He just happens to be the best at it.

He is truly an amazing man with an amazing family. I would recommend anyone who is thinking about joining him and his family for one of those weekends to sign up but not before I do. During the camp he was pushing regular people to give all they had and every last one of us did. We all encouraged each other because we fed off of his spirit. There are a ton of egomaniacs and just plain weirdos in this sport but he is so far from it. I sent this man a simple thank you email for the weekend and he replied back within a few hours with a message that seemed so personal. I will be there for as long as I can afford. I spent a good amount of money for that entire weekend and still left feeling like it was a steal.

Peace

MichaelWayne
02-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Another great show...with one problem. If you plan on having 25 people in the room we need a Webcam so we can see whats going on. When Mr.G and his brother get going, then throw in The Bull...gets a little confusing, not as confusing as listening to Peter Paul rant for 15 minutes straight without taking a breath. But still, the webcam would be a great addition.
Still gotta give props for keeping them in line, must be a little hard doing a broadcast while keeping them only at a dull-roar.

mrmeotz
02-24-2009, 12:48 PM
do you have the link to the study connelly explained?

Caddan
02-24-2009, 12:49 PM
The new show is Fantastic!
The Whack Pack, Ronnie at his best...WOW!
I would pay to listen!
:):):)

Dade
02-24-2009, 05:00 PM
Best show yet guys! Ronnie was great as always and Dr. Connelly is just amazing to listen to. I hope you'll have them both on again. I'm so glad you've kept the scientific and nutrition part of the show in. I know it's not everyone's favorite part but I assure you there are a lot of fans out here who love to hear great guests like Scott.

I can't wait until next week's show!

wnybodybuildingfan
02-24-2009, 05:04 PM
How can you not like a guy like Ronnie? He sounds like the most down to earth guy. This sport could not be represented by anyone better than him. I have always been a Lee Haney fan and always will be, but after hearing the interview last night I wish that Ronnie would have gotten his 9th Sandow. Definitely a CLASS ACT through and through. Great interview guys!!!

fitQuest
02-24-2009, 05:06 PM
the VIDEO idea is excellent... With that many people (and characters) having a laugh in one location... You guys should really set up a video and just of record while you just Cary on like normal. Then you can release it as a seperate video to compliment the mp3 file.

The video doesn't even have to be a live feed... Just make it availble later....

MikeS
02-24-2009, 06:38 PM
That Ronnie interview was great!!!!!!!!!! Great show in all....Connolley lost me a little but that study he mentioned was interesting!!!! Isnt Connolley working on a line of protein fortified foods? We need that nowadays. Ronnie really seemed comfortable....the IFBB are advertising his come back as being at Berlin...if he does it, I hope he looks good.

JayJones
02-24-2009, 09:49 PM
Yeah that really put it in perspective to just hear a guy who loved to have fun with bodybuilding to be honest :)

paul496
02-24-2009, 09:51 PM
Awesome show. Nailed it

ritch
02-24-2009, 10:52 PM
This was the best show to date on HMR. Although Ferrigno is a legend I thought his answers to every question were too short and just didn`t have that much to say, hope that dosen`t sound negative... This week`s show could have gone on easily for another hour that`s how good it was. I love this show man, you guys are very good at what you do.

Aaron Singerman
02-24-2009, 11:24 PM
Another great show...with one problem. If you plan on having 25 people in the room we need a Webcam so we can see whats going on. When Mr.G and his brother get going, then throw in The Bull...gets a little confusing, not as confusing as listening to Peter Paul rant for 15 minutes straight without taking a breath. But still, the webcam would be a great addition.
Still gotta give props for keeping them in line, must be a little hard doing a broadcast while keeping them only at a dull-roar.

Great idea... Dave, would adding a webcam be cost prohibitive? Bandwidth? If not, it's a great idea, and would add a lot to the show!

Aaron Singerman
02-24-2009, 11:26 PM
The women in your life all "spray"! That was classic!

huge285
02-25-2009, 01:18 AM
There are sites that will stream live video for nothing............. I think I'd prefer to professionally tape it and release it in segments like the old Howard Stern E! Channel show.............that's in the works a few months down the road!

Qaash
02-25-2009, 06:12 AM
The women in your life all "spray"! That was classic!

Truth!!! I never laughed so hard listening to a show.

ritch
02-25-2009, 10:56 AM
I loved the part where Dave was talking about Colette filling the room with rank gas.

LANCE ADAM
02-25-2009, 06:52 PM
there are sites that will stream live video for nothing............. I think i'd prefer to professionally tape it and release it in segments like the old howard stern e! Channel show.............that's in the works a few months down the road!

lol gold!

Big Al
02-26-2009, 01:39 PM
Awesome show!!! Scott Connelly always has some good stuff!!!

Sensei
02-26-2009, 05:06 PM
Great Show,Have Dr. Connelly back on again to talk about any new products he may be coming out with including his new delivery system hes been talking about.

BABOON
02-26-2009, 05:19 PM
This show was seriously, seriously good.

Ronnie always seems like a closed book in interviews, and you guys really got him to open up. You often forget that he's a bodybuilding fan just like everyone else, it's great hearing him talk about other bodybuilders.

He's a really nice guy, too.

Great show; one of your best with ease.

sid
02-28-2009, 08:00 AM
do you have the link to the study connelly explained?

+1 Please give us the link to the study of National Institutes of Health (NIH), I can't find it.

Awesome show!!!

raider81
02-28-2009, 02:04 PM
Thank you Mr.Palumbo and Mr.Romano....
Im so excited you guys got your own show going on..
Keep up the GREAT JOB !!!

sid
03-02-2009, 02:35 PM
+1 Please give us the link to the study of National Institutes of Health (NIH), I can't find it.

Awesome show!!!

Hello?

Jeff The Producer
03-02-2009, 07:18 PM

Awesome show!!!

We'll ask Connelly about it the next time he on. Check here for updates: http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?p=66208#post66208

Glad you like the show!

Hello?

Hi. :)

sid
03-03-2009, 02:27 AM
We'll ask Connelly about it the next time he on. Check here for updates: http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?p=66208#post66208

Glad you like the show!

Hi. :)

Perfect! And sorry I am not I girl of your trying something funny :D (I am a big dude from Sweden).

TPT
03-03-2009, 09:42 AM
Awesome show!!! Scott Connelly always has some good stuff!!!

now fellas- don't front who doesn't listen to scott connelly's segments multiple times. lol! i know i do. his segment on super human radio was awesome too.

Triple-H_2005
03-03-2009, 10:40 PM
Hey, maybe I'm a blind idiot (entirely possible!), but I can't find the way to put the past shows on my iPod... Can't find the link on the radio show page.

Help?

Triple-H_2005
03-03-2009, 10:51 PM
All I can find a way to download is the Girls show. Can't figure out how to download Dave and John...

thepump
03-18-2009, 05:48 PM

we are all hooked keep that red carpet voice bro.