PDA

View Full Version : acne and protan

sam
09-10-2009, 06:32 PM
i'm a little bummed right now. i have suffered several break outs while prepping for my show. i've done everything i can to counter act the problem and overall, i was really starting to see some improvement. whats left is mostly spots that are dried out and healing. the problem is, i put my first coat of protan on this afternoon and all the little dry spots sucked the protan up, leaving me with dark dark spots. i'm hoping that this will start to improve as i apply more coats tomorrow. has anyone else ever had to deal with this before? any advice you can pass my way, that will help me in the short term...next day or so? the person helping me prep said not to worry about it and that i'll look fine after i put more coats on, but i just can't help but be scared that i'm going to look awful.

BLUEBARON75
09-11-2009, 06:29 AM
you'll be fine bud. i put two coats of protan on yesterday though. are you doing the john simmons classic by chance?

DAVIDHARDY
09-11-2009, 07:39 AM
They'll be fine once you apply more coats. After about a bottle, they won't be very noticeable at all.

sam
09-11-2009, 08:19 AM
thaks guys. that puts my mind at ease. we did one coat last night and i woke up looking darker. i think i can see how this will come together. it's just so frightening to think that this little thing could change everything.

yep, BB@17. i'm doing the simmons. are you going to be there too??

Quadsweep
09-11-2009, 09:10 PM
I am a NPC judge and I can assure you under the lights it won't be noticable. I have seen guys at weigh ins look like they rolled in a camp fire to get dark and onstage you could hardly tell. Just make sure you are dark enough and use a foam roller I posted a link on the other tan thread in this contest prep forum. You can get them at wal-mart or any hardwear or paint store. I have used the same one on 20 bodies and its fine. (yes I wash the fucker you sick bastards!)

Jeff

sam
09-12-2009, 04:45 AM
I am a NPC judge and I can assure you under the lights it won't be noticable. I have seen guys at weigh ins look like they rolled in a camp fire to get dark and onstage you could hardly tell. Just make sure you are dark enough and use a foam roller I posted a link on the other tan thread in this contest prep forum. You can get them at wal-mart or any hardwear or paint store. I have used the same one on 20 bodies and its fine. (yes I wash the fucker you sick bastards!)

Jeff

thanks alot jeff. i've been layering the color up and looking a lot better. not to mention, a lot of the problem spots seem to have cleared themselves up in the process. todays the big day. can't wait!

Quadsweep
09-14-2009, 04:03 PM
thanks alot jeff. i've been layering the color up and looking a lot better. not to mention, a lot of the problem spots seem to have cleared themselves up in the process. todays the big day. can't wait! Well...what happened?:dunno:

sam
09-14-2009, 10:37 PM
Well...what happened?:dunno:

hey, thanks for asking. in the end, it came together and went really well....not that it started that way. i followed everything i learned about applying protan and the night before, thought i looked good and dark. i ended up sweating a lot in bed, the night before the show and woke up much lighter. thankfully, my friend ricker35910 from here at rx, was there to help me out back stage. he had some extra supplies and hooked the tan up. we ended up putting on a little dream tan on over what i already had done. it really darkened me up and didn't look bad at all. i have seen some people that look down right messy after they get that stuff on them. this was not the case for me. as far as any acne goes, it was completely invisible once the dream tan was on. on a side note though, i did see a few guys with dark marks like the ones i described and once they were on stage, it was completely a non issue. lesson learned.

i ended up taking 2nd in my class. of course i would have liked 1st, but i was happy with that. my conditioning was better than anyone else in my class and i've worked hard at posing, so i think those two things took me far. i went into the show knowing that there are areas of improvement to make before i am complete. so now i'll take some time to work on them and next time, i plan to take 1st! the photographer jeff sygo was there, and pretty soon, he'll have the stage pics posted here in the contest pic section. but until then, this shot was taken right after a loooong nap, as i got ready for the night show.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b189/inremsleep/PICT0046-1-1.jpg

sam
09-14-2009, 11:19 PM
btw, the spots i was originally talking about were on the bicep. gone now.:)

Quadsweep
09-16-2009, 05:49 PM
btw, the spots i was originally talking about were on the bicep. gone now.:) Glad everything worked out well for you and congrats to you!

Jeff