PDA

View Full Version : Velocuity Diet 3.0

fits
02-23-2009, 05:17 AM
Anyone tried the Veloocity Diet? the new 3.0 version? It seems extream but it's ment for extream changes in only 28 days. Could be fun, some people have said they have had BIG fat loss in the 28 days!

I wonder how it compares to Daves diet for fat lost results

GirlyMuscle
02-23-2009, 05:48 AM
I just checked it out. All you eat are biotest shakes for every meal? No thanks. just sounds like a way to sell lots of protein.

They had a calculator to figure the nutrition. It only asked my age, sex and weight. What about bodyfat %, height and how much I train? Seems shady to me.

gman
02-23-2009, 05:56 AM
I am losing almost that quickly doing Dave's diet, 2700 calories a day. No thanks!

fits
02-23-2009, 08:56 AM
I am losing almost that quickly doing Dave's diet, 2700 calories a day. No thanks!

How much fat are you loosing on daves diet?

It seems a rather extream way to go, or maybe a convinient way to diet depending on how you see eating food i guess! I like the idea of it, mostly because it is extream.

Just wondered if any one had tried a version of it :-)

It does seem a bit too much like they are purley plugging Biotest though eh!

FU*KMD!
02-23-2009, 09:18 AM
It does seem a bit too much like they are purley plugging Biotest though eh!

They calculated almost $600 of supps to do this diet, YOU KNOW HOW MUCH FOOD i CAN GET WITH THAT? Of course you'll lose a lot of weight on te calorie set up they have, Dave's keto diet is better for many reasons and should be considered before dishing out money to biotest.

GirlyMuscle
02-23-2009, 09:44 AM
How much fat are you loosing on daves diet?

It seems a rather extream way to go, or maybe a convinient way to diet depending on how you see eating food i guess! I like the idea of it, mostly because it is extream.

Just wondered if any one had tried a version of it :-)

It does seem a bit too much like they are purley plugging Biotest though eh!I always wondered who fell for these scams.

While it's extreme in that you eat no solid food I don't believe there's anything extreme about it nutritionally....nothing spectacular that's going to produce special results. Remember there is not secret pill. That goes for supplements, proteins, diets....

Frosty
02-23-2009, 11:17 AM
This diet is VERY effective and causes some very big behavioral changes and tastes.

Yes it can be done without Biotest supplements, although they like to make it like you can't.

It will cause faster fat loss than the Palumbo Diet, but you can't do it for 16 weeks. It's more effective if you do a 2 week high fat intro phase like any low carb diet. And I also like more fish oil and less flax.

You will also dramatically change your taste perception of food. If you have issues eating healthy food, chicken breast and steamed broccoli will taste like candy after eating only shakes for that long.

Just make sure you get enough sodium if you do the diet. This was an issue I ran into.

If you want a dramatic change in a short time, I don't know of anything more effective than this.

fits
02-24-2009, 05:47 AM
This diet is VERY effective and causes some very big behavioral changes and tastes.

Yes it can be done without Biotest supplements, although they like to make it like you can't.

It will cause faster fat loss than the Palumbo Diet, but you can't do it for 16 weeks. It's more effective if you do a 2 week high fat intro phase like any low carb diet. And I also like more fish oil and less flax.

You will also dramatically change your taste perception of food. If you have issues eating healthy food, chicken breast and steamed broccoli will taste like candy after eating only shakes for that long.

Just make sure you get enough sodium if you do the diet. This was an issue I ran into.

If you want a dramatic change in a short time, I don't know of anything more effective than this.

Nice to hear a different side to the story from some one that has actually tried it. I would not use biotest products if I tried, I could ot justify spending that amount on supps!!!

I find it interesting, there are allot of people on the forum over there doing logs and getting great results, just wondered what people here thought of it.

also, they way they have set it up is great! Looks very swish and with all the videos of exersises etc. Would love to see RXmuscle do something similar

GirlyMuscle
02-24-2009, 08:27 AM

If you want a dramatic change in a short time, I don't know of anything more effective than this.Can you share with us the dramatic results you speak of? It would have to be pretty dramatic for me to give up all solid food. How long did you do it? How did you measure your progress? Bodyfat testing or just the scale?

gman
02-24-2009, 09:56 AM
Here is a friend of mine who did it, he lost somewhere in the neighborhood of 22lbs in one month.

To me he looks like he lost muscle and water

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/med_1201358890-day-3-9-19-31-front.jpg

GirlyMuscle
02-24-2009, 10:05 AM
Just looks like a smaller version of his befores.

gman
02-24-2009, 10:10 AM
Exactly

Burned fat, muscle and water off in same proportion as before.

He was trying to get me to do the diet, and after seeing the pics, I said no thanks.

fits
02-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Here is a friend of mine who did it, he lost somewhere in the neighborhood of 22lbs in one month.

To me he looks like he lost muscle and water
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/med_1201358890-day-3-9-19-31-front.jpg

Well, I bet he did't use BIOTEST PRODUCTS lol

22lbs is impressive although losoing allot of muscle isn't.

Frosty
02-24-2009, 10:21 AM
I forget the exact time frame, I'm sorry to say. I think I did it for 6 weeks. I didn't need to do any kind of body fat testing. The pics speak for itself:

gman
02-24-2009, 10:22 AM
I think 2 lbs a week, slow burn, is the way to go, but Americans like me are too impatient.

gman
02-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Frosty, that's awesome! Impressive. You already had the inkling of a 6 pack in the before pic though, so you didn't have so much to lose did you?

GirlyMuscle
02-24-2009, 10:25 AM
I forget the exact time frame, I'm sorry to say. I think I did it for 6 weeks. I didn't need to do any kind of body fat testing. The pics speak for itself:That's dramatic. Good job.

Frosty
02-24-2009, 10:29 AM
Frosty, that's awesome! Impressive. You already had the inkling of a 6 pack in the before pic though, so you didn't have so much to lose did you?

Dude that's over a 30 lb difference....

Frosty
02-24-2009, 10:32 AM
That's dramatic. Good job.

Thanks. I used at least 2 hours of low intensity cardio per day as per the Palumbo Diet. I also used more fish oil than is recommended. And actually I did "cheat meals" like on the Palumbo Diet instead of the bowl of oatmeal once a week :D

So actually, I'm one of those guys that piss off Shugart that claim they did the "Velocity Diet," "...but I just changed a few things..." lol

gman
02-24-2009, 10:36 AM
Dude that's over a 30 lb difference....

damn dude, i look like shit and that's how much more I need to lose to get to 10% (per dexascan). You look pretty decent in the before. I never would have guessed

Frosty
02-24-2009, 10:43 AM
damn dude, i look like shit and that's how much more I need to lose to get to 10% (per dexascan). You look pretty decent in the before. I never would have guessed

Hey man I saw your pics in the pic section here. Keep up the hard work. It always seems when you're overweight you UNDER estimate how much you have to lose. When I was fat in high school I thought "yeah, if I lose 20 lbs I'll be ripped..." and 50 lbs later I still wasn't ripped! lol.

Don't let it get you down. Just realize it so you know what you have to do so you don't get disappointed down the road and say 'fuck this'.

That pseudo V-Diet experience was cool, but I'm doing the normal Palumbo Diet right now for summer. Work and patience is key.

fits
02-24-2009, 10:44 AM
Impressive ressults. people over on that other site doign journals/logs claiming normally about 20lbs + weight loss

I was thinking of trying it out but i dotn have the muscle to spare if i loose any! :confused:

Frosty
02-24-2009, 10:48 AM
Impressive ressults. people over on that other site doign journals/logs claiming normally about 20lbs + weight loss

I was thinking of trying it out but i dotn have the muscle to spare if i loose any! :confused:

One OTHER thing I did BEFORE I started the diet was a 2 week high fat/no carb intro phase. I feel this is KEY because it is a low fat low carb diet. You want to be well adapted to fat burning so that when you cut back the fat, you can burn off bodyfat easily. Oh and I didn't do PWO carbs. Hell I guess I modified the diet so much that it was closer to the Palumbo Pro/Veg phase than the V Diet.

Another issue is muscle loss which WILL happen technically, but it's not meaningful.

What I mean is that you will lose glycogen, water, and fat from the muscles, making them shrink. This is technically muscle loss, but it comes back just fine. If you took 5g of leucine with a few shakes a day, I wouldn't worry about muscle loss.

gman
02-24-2009, 10:55 AM
H It always seems when you're overweight you UNDER estimate how much you have to lose.

Exactly, my friend who did his first show told me you never realize how fat you were until you lose it all for a show. He said people mistake fat for "big"! lol

Frosty
02-24-2009, 11:00 AM
Also in those other pics, one thing I can say is transformations aren't very dramatic when you have 2 factors: 1. Lack of significant muscle mass; 2. Not being very lean in the "after" pic.

Even though there can be a significant body comp change, when you're still flabby and don't have a lot of muscle in the after pic the photos aren't exactly impressive!

fits
02-24-2009, 11:05 AM
One OTHER thing I did BEFORE I started the diet was a 2 week high fat/no carb intro phase. I feel this is KEY because it is a low fat low carb diet. You want to be well adapted to fat burning so that when you cut back the fat, you can burn off bodyfat easily. Oh and I didn't do PWO carbs. Hell I guess I modified the diet so much that it was closer to the Palumbo Pro/Veg phase than the V Diet.

Another issue is muscle loss which WILL happen technically, but it's not meaningful.

What I mean is that you will lose glycogen, water, and fat from the muscles, making them shrink. This is technically muscle loss, but it comes back just fine. If you took 5g of leucine with a few shakes a day, I wouldn't worry about muscle loss.

Soudn like you knwo your stuff. The first thing i done was think about how to change it and maybe mix in some aspects from Daves diet lol but then i always over complicate things lol

hows daves diet going for you? how have you modifed it?

Frosty
02-24-2009, 11:10 AM
Soudn like you knwo your stuff. The first thing i done was think about how to change it and maybe mix in some aspects from Daves diet lol but then i always over complicate things lol

hows daves diet going for you? how have you modifed it?

I use a lot more fish oil than Dave recommends and use some BCAAs before a weight workout. Other than that it's pretty much his diet. It's going great. I'm now at the point (just under 5 weeks) where it's a lot easier now. Going 20 weeks.

fits
02-24-2009, 11:22 AM
I use a lot more fish oil than Dave recommends and use some BCAAs before a weight workout. Other than that it's pretty much his diet. It's going great. I'm now at the point (just under 5 weeks) where it's a lot easier now. Going 20 weeks.

Whats the weight loss like? a steady 2lb a week or more?

I have been looking to start daves diet and i will try it but i just have a mind like a sieve at the best of tmies and worry that without any carbs ill not be able to think straight! Iroic really as id probably be able to concetrate better without the blood sugar highs ad lows!!!

I like luecine, oly recently started using.

Im at a point where i would probably loose fat if iw as to stick rigidly to daves bulking diet for 6 weeks and didnt eat crap at weekends!!!!

Frosty
02-24-2009, 11:33 AM
You know what I don't really know what the weight loss is. I've only weighed myself twice in just under 5 weeks. I know I drop a lot initially. I will weigh myself again on thursday, but I don't sweat it because I know it works and I just have fun with it.

fits
02-24-2009, 11:42 AM
You know what I don't really know what the weight loss is. I've only weighed myself twice in just under 5 weeks. I know I drop a lot initially. I will weigh myself again on thursday, but I don't sweat it because I know it works and I just have fun with it.

Good way to be!