PDA

View Full Version : mike's occasional progress pic thread

gman
09-11-2009, 05:14 PM
9-11-09, did an arm training session and decided to snap some pics with my cell phone...I think I look a little better than the pics. I am down 6 in 3 weeks, and have a long way to go, decided to throw a thread up here to post pics occasionally to have a way to compare as I go. I am 216 right now:

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/IMAG0033.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/IMAG0048.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/IMAG0045.jpg

Luv2Hurt
09-13-2009, 09:37 AM
Keep at it Mike. Do you incorporate any cardio/aerobic training in your program?

gman
09-13-2009, 09:48 AM
Not much yet, I try to walk to work and back at least 3 times a week, 4 miles round trip.

I was using the theory of trying to lose 1-2lbs a week for 4 months or so, and using cardio as a last resort when things stall out...but I am open to all options! lol

troutman18
09-13-2009, 09:52 AM
good luck to you man, keep at it and keep progress pics coming. Is there any reason your cutting down or did u just decide to?

gman
09-13-2009, 10:01 AM
I have tried and failed a few times, want to do it right this time...slow cut to 190, then a few weeks at maintenance to reset my body's metabolism, then start a contest diet in order to do my first show next August, the Lenda Murray Classic which is here in my area!

gman
09-13-2009, 10:08 AM
wanted to add:

I could say the helll with it, and just start doing strongman since I am already built for it, and not have to worry about being lean, but I really need to prove to myself once and for all that I can get lean...it's a condition that I have never been (lean that is) my entire adult life. I gotta get this fat off.

troutman18
09-13-2009, 10:15 AM
well good luck and dont give up, it gets hard but just keep goin.

Luv2Hurt
09-13-2009, 10:26 AM
wanted to add:

I could say the helll with it, and just start doing strongman since I am already built for it, and not have to worry about being lean, but I really need to prove to myself once and for all that I can get lean...it's a condition that I have never been (lean that is) my entire adult life. I gotta get this fat off.

Personally if i was you I would add some low intensity (under 125 BPM) cardio to your program. do this for 30 mins. post weight training, everytime you train.

This will not have an adverse effect on your gains in the slightest. Of course the diet will play the biggest role.

giddyup!! The time is now.

gman
09-14-2009, 12:06 PM
well good luck and dont give up, it gets hard but just keep goin.

No doubt!

Personally if i was you I would add some low intensity (under 125 BPM) cardio to your program. do this for 30 mins. post weight training, everytime you train.

This will not have an adverse effect on your gains in the slightest. Of course the diet will play the biggest role.

giddyup!! The time is now.

Indeed, the time is now! I don't trust slow cardio anymore after my experience this spring....at the end I was doing 110 minutes, 5 days a week postworkout, and not losing a damn lb!

I guess I should give it another chance, eh?

Luv2Hurt
09-14-2009, 05:09 PM
No doubt!

Indeed, the time is now! I don't trust slow cardio anymore after my experience this spring....at the end I was doing 110 minutes, 5 days a week postworkout, and not losing a damn lb!

I guess I should give it another chance, eh?

Mike what the hell are you eating then?

I could do a boatload of cardio and train and not loose weight too if I was eating tons of crap. There has to be a problem with the diet then.

gman
09-14-2009, 05:16 PM
I was doing Dave P's diet, it was 2650 calories every day except on 7th day I ate a cheat meal. I never could figure out why the cheat meal would cause a problem...I NEVER cheated except that one meal.

I did lose 14 lbs the first several weeks, but then gained back 4 over the next few weeks. After 11-12 weeks I was down 10lbs, and gave up.

Dave doesn't cut calories, he ups cardio! He did tell me toward the end to keep my cheat meal smaller (less than 100g of carbs), but I had decided to give up. I am pretty sure his standard cheat meal limit is up to 400g of carbs.

I am slightly hypothyroid, but nothing major...TSH is around 3

I am not giving up this time...but am trying to lose slowly and add cardio as needed. If it doesn't come off, I will do anything I have to. I will do 3 hours a day, eat 500 calories, or whatever means is necessary, but I do want to go slow and see if I can lose 1lb a week for 20 weeks or so. If not, then all bets are off.

gman
09-14-2009, 06:01 PM
can't edit my post, but I did want to say, I know I gave up too easy last time

gman
09-14-2009, 07:19 PM
the past is just that, the past. I am looking forward to an awesome future!

buckimscl
09-14-2009, 07:40 PM
So are we bro.

Luv2Hurt
09-14-2009, 09:59 PM
I was doing Dave P's diet, it was 2650 calories every day except on 7th day I ate a cheat meal. I never could figure out why the cheat meal would cause a problem...I NEVER cheated except that one meal.

I did lose 14 lbs the first several weeks, but then gained back 4 over the next few weeks. After 11-12 weeks I was down 10lbs, and gave up.

Dave doesn't cut calories, he ups cardio! He did tell me toward the end to keep my cheat meal smaller (less than 100g of carbs), but I had decided to give up. I am pretty sure his standard cheat meal limit is up to 400g of carbs.

I am slightly hypothyroid, but nothing major...TSH is around 3

I am not giving up this time...but am trying to lose slowly and add cardio as needed. If it doesn't come off, I will do anything I have to. I will do 3 hours a day, eat 500 calories, or whatever means is necessary, but I do want to go slow and see if I can lose 1lb a week for 20 weeks or so. If not, then all bets are off.

The biggest thing I found about a weight loss diet was that consistancy in proper eating was far and away the most important factor. I would not play around with no 1 pound a week goal. loose that 20 in 6 weeks would be very reasonable. The sauce and proper protien intake will assure minimal muscle loss.

gman
09-14-2009, 10:10 PM
3 lbs a week would require me to eat 1250 a day, doable, certainly, but would I be able to keep it off?

9500 deficit a week is pretty tough. I maintain at 2600 a day, or 18,200 a week. 18200-9500 = 8700/7= 1250 a day.

300 g of protein and not much else! lol

Might be worth a shot.

Luv2Hurt
09-14-2009, 10:14 PM
3 lbs a week would require me to eat 1250 a day, doable, certainly, but would I be able to keep it off?

9500 deficit a week is pretty tough. I maintain at 2600 a day, or 18,200 a week. 18200-9500 = 8700/7= 1250 a day.

300 g of protein and not much else! lol

Might be worth a shot.

Well Im sure you will get it done. You do what works best for you, go for 8 week goal period then if you want. Might be more doable.

esplendido
09-14-2009, 10:15 PM
Mike, I think you'll be very pleased with your muscularity once you unveil it.

gman
09-15-2009, 06:23 AM
thanks, guys...I want this so bad. Someone told me I look like a miniature Brock Lesnar right now. I really want to look like Randy Couture instead! lol

Baldiewonkanobi
09-15-2009, 03:24 PM
Sure wish I looked that thick when I started my plunge last T Giving. Loads of muscle begging to be let out for air.

gman
09-15-2009, 04:34 PM
there's that THICK word again! lol

I do look pretty damn thick, don't I?

Thanks Luv2, Esp and Baldie. I have the body, just need to unleash it!

Gerb
09-16-2009, 01:54 AM
Hey Mike, you are looking good man, It has been awhile since I saw your last progress shot but you look both thicker and leaner. Good stuff man. Keep it up.

APOSTLE
09-26-2009, 07:26 PM
Mike,

You can do anything you set your mind to, you just have to set it and stay focused and do not give up. I have faith in you and your ability to succeed.

blu2xtreme
09-27-2009, 09:14 PM
Looking forward to seeing more progress pics - you have made great progress don't doubt it - keep it going.

Luv2Hurt
09-28-2009, 09:46 PM
there's that THICK word again! lol

I do look pretty damn thick, don't I?

Thanks Luv2, Esp and Baldie. I have the body, just need to unleash it!

Yes Mike i can tell you are a good guy, I say go for it.

Your dog looks lots like mine, he/she looks really happy too, you can see the smile :)

bodyhard
10-02-2009, 11:49 AM
Mike any updated pics?

freebirdmac
10-02-2009, 06:32 PM
Stop whining and stick to your diet plan (without unduly under eating)!

:)

Oldsuperman
10-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Mike any updated pics?

hmmmmh?:dunno:

blu2xtreme
10-03-2009, 01:31 AM
hmmmmh?:dunno:

He's gone for the weekend ...promised some pics soon ..we'll see:yep:

esplendido
10-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Stop whining and stick to your diet plan (without unduly under eating)!

:)

Here just a few days and already onto Mike's problem...LOL! I'd give you a million rep points for that if I had the power :hmn:

freebirdmac
10-03-2009, 01:52 PM
Here just a few days and already onto Mike's problem...LOL! I'd give you a million rep points for that if I had the power :hmn:

Ha! We have a history from another place and have met a couple of times in person. No special powers here :)

gman
10-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Yesterday when I got my friend Allen to take a pic or two...this was about 3-4 hours after doing a hard back workout...the 2nd and 3rd pics are just relaxed to see how 20% bf looks when not flexing and sucking the stomach in

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/DSC00457.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/DSC00455.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/DSC00454.jpg

gman
10-04-2009, 07:33 PM
I am going to have a great v-taper going when I get the love handles off...I can see the v finally, but not the taper!

blu2xtreme
10-04-2009, 07:33 PM
Looking mean there...double bi ...nice:p

gman
10-04-2009, 07:35 PM
the good news is 190 will be 10-12% bf! That will be awesome.

freebirdmac
10-04-2009, 07:42 PM
You will look awesome all around! I think the muscles you unveil may surprise you.

gman
10-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Dr Smo and I went over all my past bloodwork, and I will be going back on a keto diet...Palumbo style with green veggies allowed.

I had my best lipid profile ever while on keto, with lots of fat in the diet. 10 eggs a day, nuts and nut butters, chicken, fish, etc

My HDL was 50 at that time, right now it is 32.

Keto, here I come!

blu2xtreme
10-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Dr Smo and I went over all my past bloodwork, and I will be going back on a keto diet...Palumbo style with green veggies allowed.

I had my best lipid profile ever while on keto, with lots of fat in the diet. 10 eggs a day, nuts and nut butters, chicken, fish, etc

My HDL was 50 at that time, right now it is 32.

Keto, here I come!

How do you do on Keto ?

I get kind of pissy ...at least that is what am I told:)

gman
10-04-2009, 08:32 PM
I feel great after 3 days or so...

gman
10-04-2009, 09:30 PM
You will look awesome all around! I think the muscles you unveil may surprise you.

you know me, so you know I tend to undertoot my own horn, but I was shocked when I saw how big my lats have gotten. I didn't used to have that going on at all!

bodyhard
10-05-2009, 12:56 PM
D-Bi shot looks good Mike! You can see the upper chest coming out. Definitely could see the Y on the back man, coming along....

gman
10-05-2009, 12:59 PM
thanks, John...get that shoulder fixed and you will kick some ass!

Now that I have got my motherfuckin attitude adjusted, I am going to do some serious ass-kicking...my own ass, time to go!

bodyhard
10-05-2009, 01:06 PM
thanks, John...get that shoulder fixed and you will kick some ass!

Now that I have got my motherfuckin attitude adjusted, I am going to do some serious ass-kicking...my own ass, time to go!

Going tomorrow to get my date schedule.

I have a feeling you are going to do extremely well this time around. You need a site like this to kick your ass in gear!

gman
10-05-2009, 01:10 PM
Or I need gear to kick my ass! lol

I am excited that I have 172 lbm. That means I am bigger than I thought, and I believe everyone now who has said that. I was thinking everyone was just being nice.

gman
10-05-2009, 01:22 PM
I am going to do the keto this time, and I like keto so I should be successful...plus I am going to go a whole month minimum without a cheat meal. Gotta get my ass disciplined 24/7, not 24/5 or 24/6

gman
10-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Just shopped for my office meals and stocked up....natural pb, cashews, frozen veggies, tuna, and the most important thing, Frank's Red Hot Sauce! lol

Gotta go tonight and get a buttload of supplements that Doc wants me on.

blu2xtreme
10-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Just shopped for my office meals and stocked up....natural pb, cashews, frozen veggies, tuna, and the most important thing, Frank's Red Hot Sauce! lol

Gotta go tonight and get a buttload of supplements that Doc wants me on.

Frank's Red Hot Sauce rocks:D
Actually I love all the things you mentioned -
maybe it's time for me to try Keto again.

Have fun shopping:)

freebirdmac
10-05-2009, 07:17 PM
If you don't stay on point with your diet I'm going to hop in my car and drive to Va Beach to kick your ass! :yep:

gman
10-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Frank's Red Hot Sauce rocks:D
Actually I love all the things you mentioned -
maybe it's time for me to try Keto again.

Have fun shopping:)

Do it, you won't be sorry

If you don't stay on point with your diet I'm going to hop in my car and drive to Va Beach to kick your ass! :yep:

Actually it was your idea that I not have a cheat meal.

freebirdmac
10-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Actually it was your idea that I not have a cheat meal.

Yep. And I'm not wrong :)

BTW, did you see the thread about the shirataki noodles?

gman
10-05-2009, 08:47 PM
I believe you, it is better to never cheat, and then you have no reason not to lose weight, and no excuses.

No, and I still haven't been able to find them around here.

freebirdmac
10-05-2009, 09:05 PM
http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?t=19908&highlight=shirataki

gman
10-06-2009, 11:01 AM
day 2 of keto, already feeling like shit...workout sucked as far as strength goes, but was good as far as intensity...did 20 minutes of hard cardio after lifting.

I am so happy that I can get to 15% at 200, then 10% at 190....I will be there by Christmas at the latest.

gman
10-06-2009, 07:22 PM
I felt really bad today, keto adjustment in process!

I do have to say I really wish I had a training partner...when I was in SC visiting Allen, we trained twice and I kicked ass on pullups on day 2 just because I was trying to do well for my training partner and not have him think I was a pussy.

I did 11, 9, 8, and 6...I usually do 8 6 6 4 on my own, or something similar!

blu2xtreme
10-06-2009, 07:28 PM
Hang in there ...you need to find a male training partner
A female couldn't handle your new sexy self after you finish that keto;)

gman
10-06-2009, 07:39 PM
I really wish I could join Brute Strength Gym! I am sure I could find a hardcore training partner there.

Brian Siders is moving down to work and train here in Va Beach...a great strongman.

freebirdmac
10-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Training partners are great. However, they have bad days too which can bring you down. They also don't always agree with the training plan you have in mind. You know what you need to do. You know when you can push harder and when you're wussing out. Push yourself! Hear your online friends screaming at you! You will after all have to answer to us when we see progress picts. And don't think we'll blow smoke up your ass :D

gman
10-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Kick my ass, I am ready...I have some new found motivation!

Here is my plan at the moment:

My keto diet is simple, eat 6x a day. Protein is either whey, chicken, fish, beef, or eggs. If I eat anything besides eggs, I also eat a tbsp of peanut butter, or handful of nuts with the meal. If I eat eggs, no other fat is consumed. Broccoli, green beans and spinach as much as I want, although I do not think I will be eating much veggies, as much as I intend to.

No cheat meals for at least 4-6 weeks...I always have trouble losing and the cheat meal is just a built in excuse and problem. If things are going well after 4-6 weeks, I may add a weekly cheat, then again, if things are going well, why add the cheat? lol I do plan on relaxing on Thanksgiving Day a little, and on Christmas.

Supplements:

Multi
Fiber tabs, psyllium husk for now
Fish oil 2 capsules, 3x a day
ZMA, 2x a day
Green tea extract, 3x a day
Vitamin C, 2g a day
CoQ10, 100mg 2x a day
Glucosamine/MSM, 2 a day
Niacin, time release, 2 500mg tabs a day.
BCAA's in the form of Xtend during training.

Here we go.

freebirdmac
10-06-2009, 08:25 PM
Looks good Mike. We'll discuss the weekly cheat meal after 4-6 weeks :hypno:

So why won't you be eating as many veggies as you plan to? I sprinkle sea salt and drizzle olive oil on mine before wrapping up in aluminum foil and setting them on the grill. Pretty tasty.

gman
10-06-2009, 08:26 PM
I know how lazy I am on cooking them...I did stock up at the office on them, so I am going to do my best to eat them at least 3x a day. Nuke them in a bowl, put on some hot sauce, and voila!

Baldiewonkanobi
10-07-2009, 10:08 AM
You MUST add the cheat meal....research/Google Leptin and Leptin Load. Leptin is a food tranquilizer if you will....a hormone that is kicked into action by the cheat/carb up meal. Leptin lasts 2 weeks in the body. Then you recharge it. 1 Meal every 2 weeks ...thats it. I'm off of Keto now after almost 11 months. Phew!!!! However, I keep my steely eye on the mirror.

Baldie

gman
10-07-2009, 10:11 AM
Baldie, my problem with the cheat is I end up gaining all the weight I lost back, and then it takes me the whole next week to lose it again...I can remember it happening constantly when I was letting Dave P do my diet. I would lose 4lbs, then do a cheat meal and gain 5lb, then by the next weigh in I would be the same or maybe down a lb. Frustrating as hell...everyone else would say they gained the day or two after the cheat, but then lost rapidly when their metabolism kicked in...mine never worked like that. I know I laugh about food, and you guys might not believe me, but when I was on Dave's diet, I never cheated, ever, except that one meal. Just eating keto style, cheating one meal a week and doing almost 2 hours of cardio postworkout every day made me go mad, especially since it wasn't working.

I will think about it after 4 weeks...hopefully I will be down 10lbs by then.

TheTransformator
10-07-2009, 10:20 AM
Baldie, my problem with the cheat is I end up gaining all the weight I lost back, and then it takes me the whole next week to lose it again...I can remember it happening constantly when I was letting Dave P do my diet. I would lose 4lbs, then do a cheat meal and gain 5lb, then by the next weigh in I would be the same or maybe down a lb. Frustrating as hell...everyone else would say they gained the day or two after the cheat, but then lost rapidly when their metabolism kicked in...mine never worked like that. I know I laugh about food, and you guys might not believe me, but when I was on Dave's diet, I never cheated, ever, except that one meal. Just eating keto style, cheating one meal a week and doing almost 2 hours of cardio postworkout every day made me go mad, especially since it wasn't working.

I will think about it after 4 weeks...hopefully I will be down 10lbs by then.

Gman...don't focus on the weight...it is just a number...look at my log...I just started...look at my very last picture...that is after 2 weeks of training my ass off...sleeping...and eating really clean...I eat alot of calories now...and occasional cheat meal if I want it...I haven't looked at the scale once...and the only thing I have at home are 40 pound dumbells...

You seem to be overfocused...

gman
10-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Tformator, not focusing on the weight in and of itself...but now that I have had a dexascan and know my bf% is accurate at 20%, it is easy to figure out what I need to do to get to 10%. My waist is also a good way to measure, it is at 39-40" depending on who measures it! Unhealthy as hell.

I also have been eating clean all summer, but when I do the cheat, I really cheat, to the point of hurting. I think it's best if I just don't do it at all, like an alcoholic trying to break a habit.

gman
10-07-2009, 10:55 AM
wow, this keto, I had forgotten how weak you get when you first go on it...my lifts were down 10-15% today...gotta keep the goal in mind. Cutting, not getting stronger. The male ego gets in the way sometimes.

Oldsuperman
10-07-2009, 12:16 PM
wow, this keto, I had forgotten how weak you get when you first go on it...my lifts were down 10-15% today...gotta keep the goal in mind. Cutting, not getting stronger. The male ego gets in the way sometimes.

Mike. I'll get back to you today if you're available. I'm the keto King and we can talk stratiagy. I'm more like you on Keto. I just don't cheat at all. I'll call ya soon. Popps

gman
10-07-2009, 12:18 PM
hey Ed! I am at the office today, so you can get me on my cell anytime!

gman
10-07-2009, 01:58 PM
wow, I am about to pass out again, just like yesterday at this time...hopefully I will be in ketosis soon. Usually I am ok after 4 days and it's only been 3 so far. I can hardly keep my eyes open.

gman
10-08-2009, 10:41 AM
I though keto was supposed to quell your hunger...I am so fucking hungry I could eat a whole cow.

blu2xtreme
10-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Mike - have lots more Keto questions - will hit you up later

gman
10-08-2009, 12:49 PM
I am no expert but I do know some about it...I am not talking the keto diet where you eat shit like bacon and pork rinds while guzzling lard....more like the eat lots of lean meat and healthy fats.

blu2xtreme
10-08-2009, 01:10 PM
I am no expert but I do know some about it...I am not talking the keto diet where you eat shit like bacon and pork rinds while guzzling lard....more like the eat lots of lean meat and healthy fats.

Not into pork rind or any kind of lard ...so we are good:)

Been reading the Keto stuff and other diets - really want more muscle but don't want to gain weight - hate scales.
Been clean eating and trying to slowly do a lean bulk - but I lost muscle - at least by looks

gman
10-08-2009, 01:12 PM
I am not the one to ask about lean bulking...I cannot do it myself. I fat bulk! lol

I believe you can do a keto bulking diet though, personally I would not, I think carbs are good for building muscle. Maybe Baldie or Esplendido can help...why don't you start a thread in Master's section...like "clean bulking for old people"?

blu2xtreme
10-08-2009, 01:15 PM
I am not the one to ask about lean bulking...I cannot do it myself. I fat bulk! lol

I believe you can do a keto bulking diet though, personally I would not, I think carbs are good for building muscle. Maybe Baldie or Esplendido can help...why don't you start a thread in Master's section...like "clean bulking for old people"?

Good idea - will you post - cause I hate starting threads
At the other place I got 6 pages on new shoes ( actually I have those shoes on) but this is a different game:)

freebirdmac
10-08-2009, 01:19 PM
Not into pork rind or any kind of lard ...so we are good:)

Been reading the Keto stuff and other diets - really want more muscle but don't want to gain weight - hate scales.
Been clean eating and trying to slowly do a lean bulk - but I lost muscle - at least by looks

Odds are your "muscle loss" is simply glycogen loss from no carbs.

I'm 3 months into a year or longer lean bulk. But gimme carbs. 40/30/30 is where I live :) High carb days when my body says "Gimme!!"

gman
10-08-2009, 01:21 PM
mmmm....bbq pork rinds.

Slap, wake up, Mike!

bodyhard
10-08-2009, 02:39 PM
mmmm....bbq pork rinds.

Slap, wake up, Mike!

LMFAO.....Wake up Muttly your dreaming again!

gman
10-08-2009, 02:47 PM
haha, John. No way in fucking hell am I going to eat shit this time. It's coming off or I die trying.

bodyhard
10-08-2009, 03:15 PM
haha, John. No way in fucking hell am I going to eat shit this time. It's coming off or I die trying.

LOL I hear ya Mike! I have a feeling you are definitely going to go all out this time around!

If you were closer to my brother out in VA I would tell him to go keep your ass in check! :D :D

blu2xtreme
10-08-2009, 03:16 PM
mmmm....bbq pork rinds.

Slap, wake up, Mike!

LMFAO.....Wake up Muttly your dreaming again!

Hey we all have our fantasies....
mine are not bbq pork rinds ... don't think I want to do Keto :)

gman
10-08-2009, 03:22 PM
You know all I think about is food, dontcha blu?

John, it was a little funny what I said, but I am serious. I am going to do it this time. I am not doing any cheat meals, and I am ramping up the cardio until I puke if I need to.

bodyhard
10-08-2009, 03:25 PM
You know all I think about is food, dontcha blu?

John, it was a little funny what I said, but I am serious. I am going to do it this time. I am not doing any cheat meals, and I am ramping up the cardio until I puke if I need to.

Ohh I know you are serious Mike, when all this is said and done, there will be a new Mike emerging. A stronger (mentally) and more confident Mike.

All I have to say is, Your wife better watch out, cause a monster is being unleashed :yep:

gman
10-08-2009, 03:38 PM
Damn right, John!

blu2xtreme
10-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Ohh I know you are serious Mike, when all this is said and done, there will be a new Mike emerging. A stronger (mentally) and more confident Mike.

All I have to say is, Your wife better watch out, cause a monster is being unleashed :yep:

Damn right, John!

Don't tell him that Bodyhard :no:
we need some sweet guys around here:p

gman
10-08-2009, 03:50 PM
I am tired of being the "sweet" guy, I won't get lean unless I get mean. Right, John?

bodyhard
10-08-2009, 04:00 PM
I am tired of being the "sweet" guy, I won't get lean unless I get mean. Right, John?

Fucking aye man, nice guys finish fucking dead last.

Nice guys get the "I like you like a friend"

Nice guys get the "You'll get them next time"

Fuck the nice guy act YOU WANT TO RULE THE FUCKING WORLD MIKE!!!

bodyhard
10-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Don't tell him that Bodyhard :no:
we need some sweet guys around here:p

A little too late :whistle:

gman
10-08-2009, 04:21 PM
I only seem nice, I am actually a psychopath.

gman
10-08-2009, 07:28 PM
I am into ketosis finally...I feel great right now!

4 days, like a clock...

blu2xtreme
10-08-2009, 09:30 PM

4 days, like a clock...

Woo Hoo - lucky boy
Congrats :beerbang:

freebirdmac
10-08-2009, 09:46 PM

I only seem nice, I am actually a psychopath.

4 days, like a clock...

So we can put the crying towel away? :)

blu2xtreme
10-08-2009, 09:48 PM
So we can put the crying towel away? :)

You were much nicer at the "other place" ...I always thought wow wish I could always be so nice:)

freebirdmac
10-08-2009, 10:13 PM
You were much nicer at the "other place" ...I always thought wow wish I could always be so nice:)

I'm still nice :) Mike doesn't need nice right now. He needs to get fired up, mean as hell, and banish his fat demons once and for all. I know he has it in him. He'll eventually see that too. If it takes sharp tongues to piss him off and make him want to show us all, then we shall provide :sistersteel:

blu2xtreme
10-08-2009, 10:18 PM
I'm still nice :) Mike doesn't need nice right now. He needs to get fired up, mean as hell, and banish his fat demons once and for all. I know he has it in him. He'll eventually see that too. If it takes sharp tongues to piss him off and make him want to show us all, then we shall provide :sistersteel:

Just messing with you - I really think he is ready this time - seems pretty fired up. I am just as annoying as before - maybe more. Got to love those new smilies:excited:

freebirdmac
10-08-2009, 10:25 PM
Just messing with you - I really think he is ready this time - seems pretty fired up. I am just as annoying as before - maybe more. Got to love those new smilies:excited:

You were annoying??? Seriously, I never thought that.

blu2xtreme
10-08-2009, 10:26 PM
You were annoying??? Seriously, I never thought that.

Thanks , I think I did annoy a few...:hypno:

gman
10-08-2009, 10:36 PM
I hate everything and everyone right now...except the idea of being 10% bf...

I am tired of being a fuckup. This shit is not rocket science, eat less, exercise more.

If some of the people I have met are able to do it, I can do it too.

esplendido
10-08-2009, 11:18 PM
I hate everything and everyone right now...except the idea of being 10% bf...

I am tired of being a fuckup. This shit is not rocket science, eat less, exercise more.

If some of the people I have met are able to do it, I can do it too.

Mike, let me help make this even easier for you. Percentage of body fat means NOTHING! What you look like means EVERYTHING! Unless you're measured by Dexa or submersion, you won't get an accurate read on your body fat. And it's a fucking MYTH that you have to get to 4% to be ripped.

Fat distribution varies from person to person. One guy can looked ripped at 6% and another needs to get to 5% for the same look. Looking ripped is about thinning the fat cells to where the skin appears to lay tightly against the muscle. Subcutaneous fat!

I'm beginning to abandon the scale and never use BF to determine conditioning (as it relates to bbing). In the end, neither weight nor fat % is the goal. The look is. Weight only counts in determining your weight class. If you're on the bubble between classes, then, and only then does it make a difference.

The mirror, man! The mirror (or the camera). Fuck BF% and weight!

gman
10-08-2009, 11:22 PM
Thanks, Rick, makes it even simpler, exercise more, eat less, look good naked...how much simpler can it get!

esplendido
10-08-2009, 11:42 PM
Thanks, Rick, makes it even simpler, exercise more, eat less, look good naked...how much simpler can it get!

Just like I told my wife tonight, who has started dieting and doing cardio today to get into a certain condition by the Arnold; "Well, do this just 100 more times and you're there".

It's all about putting in the time.

blu2xtreme
10-09-2009, 12:05 AM

Love it broken down to easy terms like that...so to bulk I have to exercise less - eat more - look worse naked - ok I'd rather do Keto:hypno:

esplendido
10-09-2009, 12:09 AM
Love it broken down to easy terms like that...so to bulk I have to exercise less - eat more - look worse naked - ok I'd rather do Keto:hypno:

We would need naked pics to make that determination...;)

gman
10-09-2009, 06:19 AM
I kid a lot, but I have to say, I have lost 8 since I got back from Mexico...not too shabby.

Now that I committed to the Masters Challenge, I will really have to buckle down.

Baldiewonkanobi
10-09-2009, 06:57 AM
Hey it's 6:15am there on the right coast....you're not in the gym?? I hope you don't have a bowl of Fruit Loops in front of you. I'll be on the leg press here in 60 min. so I'm sucking down my 50gm. whey, 2nd cup of coffee, 6gm. BCCAs, 3gm Arginine, 3gm. BA, will make up my Rasberry sugar free green tea drink for the gym laced with 10gm Creatine and 10gm Glutamine. Now you know the fucking fuel this old engine runs on.
Sure the shit ain't a heated Danish with a pat of melted butter on it and a Grande Starbuck's double pump carmel Mochiada. :drool:

Baldie

gman
10-09-2009, 09:47 AM
hey Baldie, I leave at 6:30 so I was eating my 5 eggs over easy cooked in Pam.

That's my preworkout meal right now. I drink some Xtend during my training and take a shitload of supplements in the morning with my eggs: green tea extract, glucosamine/msm, niacin, vitamin c, CoQ10, etc.

That heated Danish sounds good, but it's a fantasy to keep me going on this keto...

I did arms today, my damn tendinitis in my left arm is killing me, so I had to go pretty light on the biceps stuff:

4 sets each of BW dips, one arm rope pressdowns, 2 arm db kickbacks, preacher curl EZ bar 21's and seated incline db curls.

didn't make an hour on the cardio, but pumped out 30 minutes at an average rate of 126 bpm on the Expresso bike.

Baldiewonkanobi
10-09-2009, 09:55 AM
Keto/protein will make you very acidic, not so good for tendonitis....remedy is 5mgs Manganese, 5,000 i.u. sub lingual B-12 (for the Cobalt) and 15 alfalfa tablets.

Kiss kiss....:hugme: your welcome.

Baldie

gman
10-09-2009, 10:00 AM
I will give you a big ole wet kiss in Pittsburgh as a thank you ! lol

I am taking ZMA, is that enough Magnesium? I will have to look at the bottle when I get home.

blu2xtreme
10-09-2009, 10:08 AM
A skinny vannila Starbucks Latte and I would be in Heaven right now - forgot how much I miss those:drool:

I take ZMA - they do help me sleep - do you take them at night- they gave me odd dreams :)

gman
10-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Care to elaborate? lol

Actually I take one tablet in the morning, and one before bed...haven't noticed a damn thing...but I tend not to have any effects from stuff like other people...hell I tried melatonin for a while and it just kept me awake.

I am taking ZMA mainly for the zinc, it's supposed to be good for the prostate and for hormone levels.

freebirdmac
10-09-2009, 10:13 AM
I roast my own coffee beans and have a great espresso machine/grinder setup. Latte? Macchiato? I got ya covered :whistle:

gman
10-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Thanks for making me want to come over and blow my diet tomorrow! I love you too...lol

Actually it sounds really good, even a black coffee made fresh like that would probably taste really good.

blu2xtreme
10-09-2009, 10:41 AM
I roast my own coffee beans and have a great espresso machine/grinder setup. Latte? Macchiato? I got ya covered :whistle:

Show off...I love my coffee:)

gman
10-09-2009, 10:42 AM
I drink at least a quart a day, maybe more.

gman
10-10-2009, 09:14 AM
Life is good, sitting with my coffee, reading rxmuscle, and not thinking about my big cheat meal...it is very liberating to not be expecting a huge meal and all the frustration I always have for 5-6 days after. Nope, just eat keto day after day, and watch the fat melt off....I can already see a big difference a week in.

freebirdmac
10-10-2009, 09:26 AM
Life is good, sitting with my coffee, reading rxmuscle, and not thinking about my big cheat meal...it is very liberating to not be expecting a huge meal and all the frustration I always have for 5-6 days after. Nope, just eat keto day after day, and watch the fat melt off....I can already see a big difference a week in.

Great attitude Mike!

gman
10-10-2009, 09:29 AM
Great attitude Mike!

It's easy when you are lightheaded and loopy...:)

I really can tell already, probably shedding a lot of water, but my love handles are definitely smaller than last Saturday.

I plan on winning the Arnold Challenge in a landslide.

blu2xtreme
10-10-2009, 10:44 AM
It's easy when you are lightheaded and loopy...:)

I really can tell already, probably shedding a lot of water, but my love handles are definitely smaller than last Saturday.

I plan on winning the Arnold Challenge in a landslide.

Your very funny on Keto:hypno:

Glad it's working for you:)

gman
10-10-2009, 12:54 PM
Your very funny on Keto:hypno:

Glad it's working for you:)

I am funny all the time, you don;t know me very well

Occasionally depressed, but always funny

gman
10-11-2009, 09:20 AM
serious cardio starts today after church, one hour seven days a week to start, add more as necessary.

This needs to be done and over with, size 32 jeans here I come

blu2xtreme
10-11-2009, 09:32 AM
serious cardio starts today after church, one hour seven days a week to start, add more as necessary.

I have come to love cardio - I am a first in the morning 5am nothing in my stomach cardio girl... Will miss doing cardio every morning while bulking... Still hate that word. Enjoy your Sunday:)

gman
10-11-2009, 10:01 AM
I have come to love cardio - I am a first in the morning 5am nothing in my stomach cardio girl... Will miss doing cardio every morning while bulking... Still hate that word. Enjoy your Sunday:)

Oh I don't mind cardio, believe it or not I ran a marathon in 1991...even running 40-50 miles a week I still weighed 185 on the day of the race!

I am so tired, couldn't sleep much, but I will try to enjoy my Sunday...I am pumping coffee in an IV right now.

Quadsweep
10-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Wow! Have not looked at your pics in a bit! Nice progress man! Keep up the good work. Now is when it will get harder. Once you start seeing a lot more your body wants to keep the fat blanket on you. Its up to you to tell your body "IT'S GOING NO MATTER WHAT!"

Jeff

freebirdmac
10-11-2009, 10:36 AM

Think you're biting off a bit too much? Why not start with 20 minutes 3-4 times a week and build up from there. Let your diet do the work. Since you've eliminated cheat meals you should see steady progress from diet alone. No need to go overboard and start off with such heavy weight cardio.

gman
10-11-2009, 12:41 PM
I won't lose 2lbs a week unless I run 1000 a day deficit...will I?

gman
10-11-2009, 12:42 PM
Wow! Have not looked at your pics in a bit! Nice progress man! Keep up the good work. Now is when it will get harder. Once you start seeing a lot more your body wants to keep the fat blanket on you. Its up to you to tell your body "IT'S GOING NO MATTER WHAT!"

Jeff

Thanks Jeff...it is coming off at all costs

freebirdmac
10-11-2009, 12:45 PM
I won't lose 2lbs a week unless I run 1000 a day deficit...will I?

That would be correct. On your current diet plan, with no other changes, it'll be another week or so before you can judge what it's doing for you.

gman
10-11-2009, 12:50 PM
well, I want to make sure I do it right...I want to win!

I did 20-30 minutes Tu-Fri last week, should I just keep doing that?

It's sort of like intervals but not exactly on that Expresso bike, you choose courses and they have uphills, downhills, flat parts, and you can change gears on the bike...similar to the real thing.

esplendido
10-11-2009, 12:59 PM

It's sort of like intervals but not exactly on that Expresso bike, you choose courses and they have uphills, downhills, flat parts, and you can change gears on the bike...similar to the real thing.

Do the hour per day. You can handle it.

freebirdmac
10-11-2009, 01:33 PM

Ah, didn't realize you had some already built in. I thought you were trying to go from 0 to 60 overnight :D

bodyhard
10-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Ah, didn't realize you had some already built in. I thought you were trying to go from 0 to 60 overnight :D

LOL 0-60....:D

Mike is on the right path this time around!

Oldsuperman
10-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Do the hour per day. You can handle it.

AN HOUR?!!!!!!! Mikey? He has no cardio balls! :p

More cardio is an easy fix! :yep:

gman
10-11-2009, 03:42 PM
hey, where's the love, Ed?

I was doing 60 all the way up to 110 minutes on dave's diet...postworkout. As in do legs, then do 110 minutes of cardio.

I ain't a wimp!

freebirdmac
10-11-2009, 04:03 PM
hey, where's the love, Ed?

I was doing 60 all the way up to 110 minutes on dave's diet...postworkout. As in do legs, then do 110 minutes of cardio.

I ain't a wimp!

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. And here I was wondering if the Y had a portable defibrillator :D

blu2xtreme
10-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Poor Mike at least he has one cheerleader.

GO mike GO :jump:

gman
10-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. And here I was wondering if the Y had a portable defibrillator :D

I ended up doing the "random hill" setting for 60 minutes on the exercise bike...don;t worry, maxed out at 145bpm, averaged 126.

hopefully won't need the defibrillator!

freebirdmac
10-11-2009, 04:20 PM
I ended up doing the "random hill" setting for 60 minutes on the exercise bike...don;t worry, maxed out at 145bpm, averaged 126.

hopefully won't need the defibrillator!

Ok, you gotta get that HR up! Mine's pushing into the 170's when I run. You can push the intervals harder.

gman
10-11-2009, 04:25 PM
i have a really hard time getting my heart rate up...I was riding against my 21 year old son on the Expresso bikes last winter(if you pick the same course and start together, you can race)

I beat him in a 7 mile race, his heart rate was in the 180's, mine was in the 150's

freebirdmac
10-11-2009, 04:46 PM
i have a really hard time getting my heart rate up...I was riding against my 21 year old son on the Expresso bikes last winter(if you pick the same course and start together, you can race)

I beat him in a 7 mile race, his heart rate was in the 180's, mine was in the 150's

Up the resistance, create your own workout, run in the neighborhood, do sprints, bleacher runs.... there are a lot of choices. Mixing it up is good for stalling adaptation. Too bad the Y doesn't have a stairmill. Or that we don't have hills around here. Oh! Try running Mt Trashmore!

esplendido
10-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Ok, you gotta get that HR up! Mine's pushing into the 170's when I run. You can push the intervals harder.

Actually, FB, you're burning glucose at a HR over 130, not fat. On a Keto diet, you're burning muscle! You need to keep your HR at or below 130 (for 40-over folks) to stay in the fat burning aerobic range.

freebirdmac
10-11-2009, 09:43 PM
Actually, FB, you're burning glucose at a HR over 130, not fat. On a Keto diet, you're burning muscle! You need to keep your HR at or below 130 (for 40-over folks) to stay in the fat burning aerobic range.

I thought that had pretty much been debunked. My bad if it hasn't.

gman
10-11-2009, 10:18 PM
hey guys, no need to debate...I seem to be under 130 anyway even working hard...I definitely sweat my ass off at 125...lol

I do know the walking on the treadmill at 3.0 mph on a flat treadmill for an hour did jack shit when I was doing keto before. my heart rate was lucky to get above 100

Baldiewonkanobi
10-11-2009, 10:33 PM
Car pushing will yank your chain. Pick an empty parking lot....quiet street, get someone to steer, crank the stereo, and push. Glutes, hams, calf, lower back....core killer. Perfect mix for keto.

Baldie

gman
10-11-2009, 10:44 PM
oh yeah, that sounds fun...I went to brute strength gym and did some conan wheels a couple of weeks back...car push is probably worse, though.

gman
10-12-2009, 06:17 AM
OK 1st weigh in since signing up for the Arnold contest:

213 weight
38.75 waist using accutape...could get 38 pretty easy, but that's if you hit the button and let the tape get pretty tight...trying to be conservative, so I loosen it a tad

down 10lbs since we got back from Mexico in mid August.

Baldiewonkanobi
10-12-2009, 06:42 AM
Using the Keto strip? Are you now on the >>>>>> OTHER SIDE <<<<<<<
If so, the weight should begin to fall off. Most likely I can not accept the Arnold challenge due to timing so I will be a noisey cheer leader :excited:.

Baldie

gman
10-12-2009, 06:54 AM
hey baldie, no keto strips, but I feel better, so I know I am in ketosis now.

I can probably only go if it's on Saturday, but will do the challenge no matter what, it will be good for me.

I wish you could come, but you have so much on your plate, and I am happy to have you as my head cheerleader.

Off now to do legs, now that my 3 eggs and 1 cup of egg whites has settled

gman
10-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Did legs today and cardio...tomorrow I will be at the gym 45 minutes earlier. DId not do enough training today

Squats: 10/225 10/225 8/235 6/235 6/235

Plie squats: 5 sets of 20 holding a 70 lber

One leg at a time step ups holding a 70 lber: 2 sets of 20 on each leg

Sweating my ass off, I got on the bike and did an hour at 124 bpm average heart rate

Tomorrow I will get up earlier so I can do more sets.

freebirdmac
10-12-2009, 10:41 AM
Did legs today and cardio...tomorrow I will be at the gym 45 minutes earlier. DId not do enough training today

Squats: 10/225 10/225 8/235 6/235 6/235

Plie squats: 5 sets of 20 holding a 70 lber

One leg at a time step ups holding a 70 lber: 2 sets of 20 on each leg

Sweating my ass off, I got on the bike and did an hour at 124 bpm average heart rate

Tomorrow I will get up earlier so I can do more sets.

If you find yourself short on time, I'd cut back on the cardio rather than the weights. You can always make up the cardio later.

gman
10-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Possibly but don't want to make it a habit, my wife is behind me negative 100%, so I have to try to do everything in one session so I don't spend any evenings at the gym.

gman
10-12-2009, 12:04 PM
shit I am totally incompetent searching for flights. I cannot find any way to go to Columbus from Norfolk on Thursday really late, or early Friday morning of the Arnold, and then return in the evening that day so I can go to work Saturday...and I really need to do this challenge

I need help...I found a flight to Columbus that gets in at 11:30 on Friday , but the flights back that night leave at 9ish and get back at 12 noon on Saturday!!!!

Anyone can help me I will be in your debt...

fatbackgoal
10-12-2009, 02:44 PM
Possibly but don't want to make it a habit, my wife is behind me negative 100%, so I have to try to do everything in one session so I don't spend any evenings at the gym.

I can sympathize with you not wanting to spend anymore time at the gym than you have to. My wife has been really understanding but I don't want to burn her out just when I am getting started. I did go to the Play It Again Sports here and found some cardio bikes for anywhere between $30-$100. My thinking is I could get something that will sit in the back room and I could pull it out at night when I am watching tv.