PDA

View Full Version : Coffee Mate, Sugar Free, French Vanilla Creamer

HOTGYMDIVA
09-11-2009, 05:52 PM
Do any of you guys use this? I have been using it for a LONG time, but I am starting to think it could be holding me back from reaching my goals...I thought since it was SUGAR FREE with 15 Cals in a TBSP, I could get away with having 2-3 cups of coffee a day...Just not sure if I should let this stuff go or not.

It makes my coffee taste so good.

Can't drink it black...and I have to have my coffee!

Frosty
09-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Sugar free doesn't mean carb free. How many carbs are in it? What kind of diet do you follow?

jlgiller
09-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Even though its sugar free splenda and equal still react on your pancreas the same way sugar does. You even have to watch some of half and half you buy because some companies put cornstarch in it.

2hot4u
09-11-2009, 09:29 PM
you could use vanilla protein powder?

kungfuprincess007
09-11-2009, 09:57 PM
I would suggest substituting artifical sugars for stevia or truvia. Stevia and truvia are natural sweeteners but not pure sugar.

Plus a lot of those artificial creamers have partially hydronated oil i.e. trans fat. Use almond milk or real milk instead.

HOTGYMDIVA
09-11-2009, 10:41 PM
Sugar free doesn't mean carb free. How many carbs are in it? What kind of diet do you follow?

Heres the nutritional label...I am on protein and veggies only on cardio days only and protein and good carbs on training days.

Sorry I guess that may be too small to see, but it's 1 gram of carbs per TBSP

HOTGYMDIVA
09-11-2009, 10:43 PM
you could use vanilla protein powder?

Hmmm..thats interesting. Do you do that? I have never heard of that before..I might have to try that out..LOL

HOTGYMDIVA
09-11-2009, 10:43 PM
I would suggest substituting artifical sugars for stevia or truvia. Stevia and truvia are natural sweeteners but not pure sugar.

Plus a lot of those artificial creamers have partially hydronated oil i.e. trans fat. Use almond milk or real milk instead.

ALMOND MILK....Sounds good! Will have to check out the nutritional info on that now...thanks everyone!!

HOTGYMDIVA
09-11-2009, 10:46 PM
:-)

Mr. Hyde
09-12-2009, 01:55 AM
i use the same stuff. It only has 1g of carbs per serving. I feel its fine unless your drinking the stuff like crazy. Its kind of spliting hairs if you ask me.

InHonorInMind
09-14-2009, 01:43 PM
I've tried the protein powder before...its ok....the sugar free creamer is good, but its really the calories, and a few cups can add up. I guess if your just on a weight loss plan to lose bodyfat then sure...but if you're training for a comp...I'd cut it out. I love coffee too so totally understand....did you ever try the Senseo Coffee maker? It makes the coffee from little pods so you have a nice 'frothy' cup, so I usually only need to add some splenda and I'm good.

kungfuprincess007
09-17-2009, 07:05 PM
Also try Capella Flavors. I heard they were good. www.capellaflavors.com (http://www.capellaflavors.com)

GirlyMuscle
09-17-2009, 07:09 PM
Do any of you guys use this? I have been using it for a LONG time, but I am starting to think it could be holding me back from reaching my goals...I thought since it was SUGAR FREE with 15 Cals in a TBSP, I could get away with having 2-3 cups of coffee a day...Just not sure if I should let this stuff go or not.

Can't drink it black...and I have to have my coffee!If you're on Dave's diet...no. No creamer. No milk. No skim milk. No whitener. No cream. No pretend cream. No. Just no.

AllieCos
09-17-2009, 07:24 PM
If you're on Dave's diet...no. No creamer. No milk. No skim milk. No whitener. No cream. No pretend cream. No. Just no.

Haha! She's right! That's one of the first things dave took off my PREdave plan! ( I loved my at van crmr!) but u get used to it!

Amado Carrillo Fuentes
09-17-2009, 08:50 PM
If you're on Dave's diet...no. No creamer. No milk. No skim milk. No whitener. No cream. No pretend cream. No. Just no.
agreed, black coffee is just amazing

bndniron4evrgal
09-17-2009, 10:06 PM
Heres the nutritional label...I am on protein and veggies only on cardio days only and protein and good carbs on training days.

Sorry I guess that may be too small to see, but it's 1 gram of carbs per TBSP
no fats?

whiskey
09-17-2009, 10:29 PM
Have you tried the flavored coffees? Something like Folger's carmel delight or chocolate truffle maybe? It might not be on Dave's plan but it might help you transition to plain old black, might I add, blah coffee.

bndniron4evrgal
09-17-2009, 10:35 PM

Can't drink it black...and I have to have my coffee!
i used it for A LONG TIME TOO! I am now freee from that stuff for more than 9 months now, but it was VERY HARD!! i'm like you, i love coffee but not black. now i just use dry nonfat creamer and TRUVIA!! :yep:

HOTGYMDIVA
09-17-2009, 11:01 PM
Also try Capella Flavors. I heard they were good. www.capellaflavors.com (http://www.capellaflavors.com)

Thank you for mentioning this. I just ordered 2 bottles. I will definitely let you guys know how it is.

HOTGYMDIVA
09-17-2009, 11:02 PM
no fats?

No fats...but I read the previous posts. If on Daves diet..its a NO NO...I am getting ready to jump on the CKD, so I gotta let it go...ouch!!

HOTGYMDIVA
09-17-2009, 11:04 PM
Have you tried the flavored coffees? Something like Folger's carmel delight or chocolate truffle maybe? It might not be on Dave's plan but it might help you transition to plain old black, might I add, blah coffee.

I never thought of that before, but now that u mention it, I am gonna look for some tomorrow and use it atleast until the other stuff comes in.

Im learning all kinds of useful information on here...Love this site!!

HOTGYMDIVA
09-17-2009, 11:04 PM
i used it for A LONG TIME TOO! I am now freee from that stuff for more than 9 months now, but it was VERY HARD!! i'm like you, i love coffee but not black. now i just use dry nonfat creamer and TRUVIA!! :yep:

Congrats to you!! Its almost like an addiction....actually, maybe it is and addiction...one I have to break...NOW

NPCfigure
09-27-2009, 09:37 PM
Congrats to you!! Its almost like an addiction....actually, maybe it is and addiction...one I have to break...NOW

Im with you on this one! I'm trying to cut it out as well, and wouldn't you know it, as I was walking through the isle, a bottle jumped into my cart;)

sexydoc
10-21-2009, 10:18 PM
But, if Dave says Diet Soda is ok on the diet, then why not the creamer? They both have 1 carb. (or am i wrong about the diet soda info?) oh crap.
I absolutely love the creamer too, only way I could make my coffee taste good, I dont even use any splenda or anything.
Oh and Diet Soda..
Next thing I know, I ll be eating boiled chicken and brocolli even when not precontent (haha jk)

Northman
10-21-2009, 11:01 PM
It works for some, some other it does not.

Sometimes even diet pop, creamers etc can still illicit the same insulin response as regular pop in some people, because of the physiological aspect. Chris Aceto has talked about this and I am just repeating it, in no way did I just think this shit up.

GirlyMuscle
10-21-2009, 11:03 PM
But, if Dave says Diet Soda is ok on the diet, then why not the creamer? They both have 1 carb. (or am i wrong about the diet soda info?) oh crap.
I absolutely love the creamer too, only way I could make my coffee taste good, I dont even use any splenda or anything.
Oh and Diet Soda..
Next thing I know, I ll be eating boiled chicken and brocolli even when not precontent (haha jk)I eat the same things when I'm not dieting as I do when I'm dieting. I just add carbs and calories.