PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Hardy arrested...

~gymdiva~
09-11-2009, 09:34 PM
in case you missed it in Muscle Central, here's the lowdown...I'll put up everything I find, including tweets from Jeff's official Twitter account...

by Chris Cash
Sep 11, 2009

Jeff Hardy has been arrested for possession of anabolic steroids and a number of pills, reports ThePilot.com, a local newspaper from Moore County where Jeff Hardy is located.

The following is from the article:

"Hardy, 32, of 265 Boys Camp Road, Cameron, was arrested after a search of his residence yielded 262 Vicodin prescription pills, 180 Soma prescription pills, 555 milliliters of anabolic steroids, a residual amount of powder cocaine and items of drug paraphernalia..."

He's currently in Moore County jail with bail set at $125,000. Hardy was charged with felony trafficking in opium, two counts of felony possession with intent to sell or deliver a Schedule III controlled substance, felony maintaining a dwelling to keep controlled substance, felony possession of cocaine and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.

FULL ARTICLE (w/mugshot) (http://www.thepilot.com/stories/20090911/news/local/20090911jeffhardy.html)

by Nick Paglino
Sep 11, 2009

The Sanford Herald picked up the story on Jeff Hardy's arrest and has provided some additional details. The following are some highlights from the article, and Hardy's mugshot is pictured to the right.

"The arrest came as the result of a search at Hardy’s Cameron home which turned up 262 Vicodin pills, 180 Soma pills, about half a liter of an anabolic steroid, a residual amount of powder cocaine, and drug paraphernalia."

"Hardy was charged with trafficking in opium, two counts of possession with intent to sell or deliver a Schedule III controlled substance, maintaining a dwelling for drugs, possession of cocaine, and possession of drug paraphernalia. He will make a first appearance in Moore County District Court on Monday.

He was placed in the Moore County Jail under $125,000 secured bond."

by Nick Paglino
Sep 11, 2009

Jeff Hardy has posted the following on his Twitter account in reponse to reports released today citing his arrested on drug charges.

"Alot of exaggerations are out there today, don't believe everything you read 4 it is not true, I am at home and fine-thanks for your concern."

by Nick Paglino
Sep 11, 2009

TMZ.com has picked up the breaking story of Jeff Hardy being arrested and has provided the following details.

The street value of the drugs found in Hardy's home was around $2,500. A souce from TMZ is also reporting that Matt Hardy posted the $125,000 bail to free Jeff from jail earlier today.

TMZ ARTICLE (http://www.tmz.com/2009/09/11/former-wwe-champion-busted-for-steroids-pills/)

by Nick Paglino
Sep 11, 2009

PWInsider.com has also posted the following official statement from The Moore County Police department, who arrested Jeff Hardy earlier today.

September 11, 2009

Sheriff Lane Carter reports the arrest of an individual on charges of trafficking in controlled prescription pills, and possession of anabolic steroids. Sheriff Carter reported a joint investigation conducted by officers from the Moore County Sheriff’s Office Narcotics Unit, Moore County Sheriff’s Office Select Enforcement Unit, and Fayetteville Police Department led to the arrest.

Officers executed a search warrant at a residence located at [----Adress Deleted--] near Cameron, North Carolina. During the search officers located and seized approximately 262 Vicodin prescription pills, 180 Soma prescription pills (Soma’s are non-controlled prescription pills), 555 milliliters of anabolic steroids, a residual amount of powder cocaine, and items of drug paraphernalia. Vicodin and anabolic steroids are included in Schedule III within the North Carolina Controlled Substances Act. The estimated street value of the drugs seized is $2,500.00.

Arrested was:

Jeffrey Nero Hardy - 32 years of age Cameron, North Carolina

Jeffrey Nero Hardy was arrested on September 11, 2009 and charged with felony trafficking in opium, two counts of felony possession with intent to sell or deliver a Schedule III controlled substance, felony maintaining a dwelling to keep controlled substance, felony possession of cocaine, and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.

Jeffrey Nero Hardy received a $125,000.00 secured bond and was placed in the Moore County Detention Center.

the following are tweets taken straight from his page (http://twitter.com/JEFFHARDYBRAND):

Alot of exaggerations are out there today, don't believe everything you read 4 it is not true, I am at home and fine-thanks for your concernabout 4 hours ago from web

# For the record, Matt didn't bail me out, loan me money, or is his name on anything.. He's just learning about today's situation..about 4 hours ago from web

# The media is the media, I wish they would at least report the story correctly & accurately. I will make a statement later.about 4 hours ago from web

atomicplayboy3000
09-12-2009, 05:21 AM
WWE dodged a bullet sad to say.....if it happened a few weeks earlier while he was still under contract, Hardy would be straight up hosed

maximusmac
09-12-2009, 06:17 AM
Seeing that Jeff had problems with addiction and as a wrestler that lives with pain (Not an excuse but many use pain killers to deal) and were the so call steroids HGH? Which we know the media calls steroids to make it seem that much more evil cause if he had injuries or recovering he could have had HGH.

~gymdiva~
09-12-2009, 08:52 AM
anyone else find the timing a little funny?

~gymdiva~
09-12-2009, 08:55 AM
JR's thoughts:

by Nick Paglino
Sep 11, 2009

Jim Ross has updated his blog over at JRsBarBQ.com. Below are some highlights:

"The news of Jeff Hardy's
apparent arrest on drug charges is disturbing. I have spoken to no one about this matter and only know what info that I have read that was distributed by the police in North Carolina. I hope that there is better news on this matter forthcoming from Jeff or his attorney.

Hopefully, Jeff has retained sufficient counsel to help him address these issues. I know that Jeff Hardy is a good young man with endless talents who finished his stint in WWE in grand fashion. Jeff, as are none of us, isn't perfect and I only hope this matter can be resolved quickly and efficiently so Jeff can move on with his life in a healthy and positive way. Jeff Hardy is innocent until proven guilty as there is likely much more to this matter than we know at this time." My thoughts exactly regarding the need for legal counsel. I'm surprised Hardy has been tweeting since his arrest. I understand the desire to set the record straight and I respect the fact that the guy is commenting to his fans, but I can't imagine a lawyer being okay with the approach he's taken."

Plates
09-12-2009, 09:00 AM
anyone else find the timing a little funny?

My thoughts exactly. I must say, that's quite a mug shot. He looks burnt out!!!!

TheCutMan
09-12-2009, 10:12 AM
As much as I respect J.R. but what he's writing there is bullcrap.
Everybody in the wrestling business knows that you need painkillers and other stuff to help your recovery if you're having a schedule like Jeff did over the course of the last year.
They put him in a fucking gimmick match fucking 5-times a week - and now they act like they didn't know he was taking something???
Give me a fucking break...

Sorry for using the f-word multiple times but this attitude the WWE shows towards their athletes pisses me off.

TPT
09-12-2009, 10:33 AM
the notion of "intent to distribute" is crap. why the hell would jeff hardy be selling painkillers?!

Goodfellas
09-12-2009, 11:59 AM
This sucks. I actually started liking watching him.

~gymdiva~
09-12-2009, 08:37 PM
more:

by Nick Paglino
Sep 12, 2009

FayObserver.com spoke with Moore County Police Department officials who explained that they searched the home of Jeff Hardy based on a tip that they received from someone. Following an investigation of the tip, Chief Deputy Neil Godfry said that a search warrant was then obtained.

~gymdiva~
09-12-2009, 08:39 PM
comments from other wrestlers:

by Nick Paglino
Sep 12, 2009

Chris Jericho
has posted the following on his Twitter account: "Don't think of judging Jeff Hardy until you've walked a mile in his shoes. I will always have Jeff's back."

Former WWE star Lance Storm has posted a new blog concerning the Jeff Hardy arrest over at StormWrestling.com. Storm says the following about the situation: "The first thing I want to say is that people need to remember that being charged with something and being guilty of something, can be two different things. I’ve gotten email from fans that were both crushed and appalled to read that Jeff Hardy was dealing drugs."

"Let me just say, I don’t believe for a second Jeff Hardy was selling drugs and I’m pretty sure that any trafficking charges are based solely on the quantity of drugs found, not him actually selling them. I believe in the US there are limits on the amount of certain drugs you can have in your possession, and as soon as those limits are reached the charge is trafficking, because they feel you have more of the substance than would normally be considered for personal use."

"If that is the case that certainly does not put Jeff free and clear, but I think having your own personal drug problems (no matter how severe) and being a drug trafficker are two completely different things. If the quantities of drugs, reportedly found in Jeff’s possession, are accurate then we have to assume he has a very serious drug problem, and that, even more so than his pending legal woes, is my biggest concern."

I like what Lance wrote...

TheCutMan
09-13-2009, 03:13 AM
I also like what Jericho said. :)
Jeff went from falling off a 20-foot ladder one week to jumping off a steel cage two days after. His schedule was insane. Everybody knew that but nobody in the WWE did something about it. To the contrary they encouraged it by trying to lure Jeff into staying with WWE. He wanted to get out sooner and take a break but they convinced him to stay longer by giving him the world title.
After all that happened to guys like Eddie Guerrero, Brian Pillman or Davey Boy Vince McMahon should know better than still abusing his athletes...

~gymdiva~
09-13-2009, 08:25 PM
by Nick Paglino
Sep 12, 2009

Jeff Hardy, and the news of his arrest, made the cover of The UK Sun today.

~gymdiva~
09-13-2009, 08:27 PM
by Nick Paglino
Sep 13, 2009

Matt Hardy has posted the following on his Twitter account: "Thanks (for) the overwhelming support guys, and I mean overwhelming. Can't wait until the facts are able to come out. God bless u all, God bless us."

~gymdiva~
09-13-2009, 08:29 PM
by Nick Paglino
Sep 12, 2009

Ken "Mr. Kennedy" Anderson posted the following on his Twitter account concerning the arrest of Jeff Hardy: "Jeff Hardy is one of the best guys I've EVER known. Cares more about his family and fans than any other celebrity I know. EVERYBODY makes mistakes. Some people make them more than once, but they're still human. Please keep your thoughts and prayers (with) him!"

~gymdiva~
09-13-2009, 08:31 PM
by Nick Paglino
Sep 12, 2009

Jeff Hardy, and the news of his arrest, made the cover of The UK Sun today.

and here's the link to the UK Sun story:

UK SUN (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/2634697/Jeff-Hardy-arrested-for-drug-trafficking.html)

~gymdiva~
09-13-2009, 08:32 PM
by Nick Paglino
Sep 13, 2009

Thanks to Ryan Jones for sending this in: Jeff Hardy was featured on this past Friday night's Countdown with Keith Olbermann. Hardy was named "The Worst Person in the World" in what is a routine segment that Olbermann does on the show. Basically, Olbermann names someone the worst person in the world for behavior that he deems inappropriate, out of line, or generally bad.

Mark
09-13-2009, 09:05 PM
"Worst person in the world"
Bit overboard much?

~gymdiva~
09-13-2009, 09:14 PM
HA! this would be why I couldn't find it on his site on msnbc:

by Nick Paglino
Sep 13, 2009

We reported earlier that Jeff Hardy was recently named "The Worst Person in the World" on Countdown With Keith Olbermann, however many WZ readers have sent in emails saying that the whole story is a hoax, and that there has been no mention of Jeff Hardy by Olbermann on any of his shows. Big thanks to those who alerted WrestleZone.

~gymdiva~
09-14-2009, 10:29 PM
damn now this is no bueno:

by Nick Paglino
Sep 14, 2009

The Charlotte Observer is reporting that Jeff Hardy could face anywhere from 3 to 14 years in prison if convicted of opium trafficking, which is one of several charges that came with Hardy's recent arrest.

Unlike other charges, the opium trafficking charge carries a mandatory prison sentence, which means if Hardy is convicted the judge could not sentence him to anything less than 3 years, but could sentence him to anything up to 14 years.

Chief Deputy Neil Godfrey of The Moore Country Sheriff's Office said that the investigation is still being conducted, and that more charges could come Hardy's way if any other laws appear to have been broken.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
09-14-2009, 10:32 PM

No good at all!!! :no:

Mark
09-15-2009, 08:47 AM
Fine, community service, good behaviour bond.

Thats my guess

southbeach14
09-15-2009, 10:44 AM

i wonder if CM PUNK will say anything about him getting busted??????

<~~StrengthByGod~~>
09-15-2009, 11:05 AM
i wonder if CM PUNK will say anything about him getting busted??????

I seriously doubt anything will be mentioned of this in the WWE. They have a hard enough time keeping their image clean for the young ones.

It's no secret that all of these guys are on steroids and use painkillers to be able to do these stunts week after week. I remember A-Train shooting cocaine snot rockets on his way to the ring as his theme music played. It's a wild lifestyle that they choose.

Someone doesn't like Hardy and chose to rat him out. I am sure if the cops searched the houses of other WWE stars, they would find the same stuff wherever they went.

~gymdiva~
09-17-2009, 09:43 PM
by Nick Paglino
Sep 17, 2009

Jim Ross has updated his blog over at JRsBarBQ.com. Below are some highlights:

"Jeff Hardy has taken down his Twitter page which is a smart move. The less Jeff says about his legal entanglements the better. I do not believe for a moment that Jeff Hardy is a 'drug trafficker' or 'dealer.' I don't know why Jeff allegedly was in possession of the drugs in question, there are lots of avenues of speculation, but hopefully there is be a viable explanation. Nonetheless this apparent mistake will hopefully be quickly and efficiently addressed so that Jeff can put this embarrassing ordeal behind him and focus on more positive things including his own physical and mental well being."

"I saw Matt Hardy in Hamilton but never spoke to him about his brother's situation as I figured that Matt had already been quizzed by enough people on that matter. We spoke but not about the recent controversy as both Matt and Jeff know that I am supportive of them and have been for years since I signed them to their first WWE contract."

~gymdiva~
09-24-2009, 06:58 AM
by Matt Boone
Sep 23, 2009

The following are excerpts from the latest online blog of WWE Hall Of Famer Jim Ross:

JR On Jeff Hardy situation: Word has it that Jeff Hardy is 'laying low' these days and diligently preparing to meet the challenges that await him. The more I hear of this legal matter the more I think that there is MUCH more to this story than meets the eye and that Jeff Hardy is far from being a drug trafficker. To even think the latter is ridiculous. I feel confident that in the coming weeks that Jeff will have his day to reconcile this matter and to better address it publicly. Until then, Jeff is wise to remain silent and not feel obligated to tweet, etc his fans as no one needs or deserves any information on this issue until the proper time. Just from what I have been able to ascertain, this case looks much worse on paper than it actually is but let's all allow the legal process to address this matter and remember that we, as citizens of the United States, are innocent until proven guilty.

~gymdiva~
09-24-2009, 09:38 PM
by Matt Boone
Sep 24, 2009

The following is a recent "tweet" from the official Twitter page of WWE Superstar Matt Hardy:

"For the record, Jeff & Beth DO NOT have ANY official Twitters or MySpace accounts. When the time is right, their accounts will return."
about 6 hours ago from web

Check out Matt Hardy's official Twitter page at twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND

~gymdiva~
09-27-2009, 10:38 PM
seems a little unfair to be guilty by association, huh,? :(

by Nick Paglino
Sep 27, 2009

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Jeff Hardy's current legal issues have put WWE creative in a situation where they are now questioning what to do with his brother Matt. Since Jeff's arrest, there have been several meetings backstage within WWE to decide what to do with Matt on TV. As seen recently, Matt was not used on 2 Smackdown shows, one on 9/15 and this past week's show. Although he has worked a Superstars taping and several house show
events against CM Punk, it seems as if Jeff Hardy's arrest is definitely having an effect on Matt's current WWE status.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
09-27-2009, 10:39 PM
Total bull.

~gymdiva~
09-27-2009, 10:40 PM
wait, seriously???

by Nick Paglino
Sep 27, 2009

In a video segment entitled "Pollocktics," John Pollock attempts to inform children that Jeff Hardy was recently arrested and that their "hero" was busted for drug possession and potential drug use. You can view the video below:

AEShcGHkTvk

Gaoshang Xiongshou
09-27-2009, 10:43 PM
One of those kids, or even that girl, should have knocked him over and stomped him into the pavement. That is just low.

~gymdiva~
09-30-2009, 01:21 AM
by Nick Paglino
Sep 29, 2009

Jeff Hardy is expected to make his first court appearance tomorrow to face a number of drug charges stemming from his arrest several weeks ago.

~gymdiva~
10-01-2009, 02:16 PM
more from Matt:

by Matt Boone
Sep 30, 2009

The following are some recent "tweets" from the official Twitter page of WWE Superstar Matt Hardy. In the "tweets," Hardy explains his exhaustion over being punished for "someone else's sins."

"I am exhausted from being punished because of someone else's sins. Good night one, good night all! Until then.."
about 11 hours ago from web

And a few hours later, Hardy posted this one:

"Almost home.. The media is so not on the pulse of anything, it's just another avenue of entertainmet looking for bigger numbers from viewers"
about 5 hours ago from Tweed

~gymdiva~
10-01-2009, 02:19 PM
and the followup...seems cheesy but I could see this being truth:

by Matt Boone
Sep 30, 2009

After "tweeting" earlier that he was tired of being punished for "someone else's sins," Matt Hardy posted the following MySpace Blog update claiming he was simply working the internet media again:

"Last night, since almost every WWE personality was in Boston for The Decade Of Smackdown show, we all went out to eat after the show last night. A hug tab ended up being comped, which was very cool. Everyone was gonna leave generous tips because the meal was free obviously, and we wanted to take great care of our servers. I was one of the last ones to leave, and was figuring up the tip. The tip wasn't as good as I would have liked it to have been from a couple of the guys. So I left a large tip at the end, extremely big. I joked and said it was a sin I had to pay for other people's mistakes and cheapness. I told a couple of my closest WWE friends that if I posted a tweet rephrasing the situation as "I am exhausted from being punished because of someone else's sins", that the wrestling media would pick that comment up and run with it as something completely different. Low and behold, almost every site did. Not surprising, it's what I suspected. Just another example of how they're looking for any comment they can to translate however into hits for their site and reader views. So take it from me, don't believe everything you read-fact is rarely separated from fiction when it comes to any branch of the "media entertainment market."

Plates
10-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Low and behold, almost every site did. Not surprising, it's what I suspected. Just another example of how they're looking for any comment they can to translate however into hits for their site and reader views.

Then stop posting shit on the internet and not give the media the chance to slice and dice you!!! Celebs are a trip sometimes.

~gymdiva~
10-02-2009, 12:02 PM
by Matt Boone
Oct 01, 2009

For those wondering why there has been no update stemming from Jeff Hardy's scheduled hearing in court yesterday, it is because the case was continued until November 4th.

~gymdiva~
10-06-2009, 11:29 PM
god bless corporate america:

by Matt Boone
Oct 06, 2009

Here's an interesting note about the top ten merchandise sellers at WWE Shop right now. Jeff Hardy/"The Hardys" appear on the list the most, securing spots 1, 5, 7, 8 and 9. John Cena takes up spots 2, 3 and 6 while D-X comes in on 4 and 10.

I'm not sure what's most interesting - WWE still selling Jeff Hardy merchandise, Jeff Hardy merchandise still selling better than anything else or D-X barely appearing on the list despite enormous plugs for all their crap on RAW every week.

~gymdiva~
10-16-2009, 03:57 PM
by Matt Boone
Oct 16, 2009
The following is an excerpt from an exclusive article on ProWrestling.net:

The story making the rounds in the WWE locker room regarding Jeff Hardy's explanation for his legal troubles is that he was arrested when police conducted a raid after a package was sent to his home that had been flagged before it was delivered. Apparently, Hardy brought the package inside and police officials were on the scene to conduct the raid.

The story goes that Hardy did not know what the package contained and that it was sent to him by someone from outside North Carolina who had expressed interest in doing business with him.

FULL STORY (http://http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/WWE/article1008371.shtml)

~gymdiva~
10-27-2009, 01:39 PM
by Matt Boone
Oct 26, 2009
Colalla2891 sent along the following:

Hey Wrestlezone, I would just like to say that I think Jeff Hardy's Twitter is back up, it looks to be his, look this up.

Note From Editor: The old URL (@JeffHardyBrand) is officially back online. No new messages are posted but it does have all of the messages that were on the page before it was taken offline.