PDA

View Full Version : Passing a drug test for competition.

SallyAnne
09-11-2009, 10:17 PM
This question came via my PM box. The user wishes to remain anonymous.

I would like to make it clear that this thread is for informational purposes and NOT for passing judgment. If you cannot leave your personal opinions regarding drug testing for natty shows out of it, please do not post in this thread. Your posts will be deleted and you will receive an infraction.

Hi Sally -
I am trying to determine what supps I can take that will not create a problem with testing in the NPC.

Please excuse my "newbee" ignorance - this will be my first time competing and I lift with quite a few BB gals who have suggested some supps that may assist me over the next few months of training (comp date is 10/31/10) years of lifting is @ 3 serious.

They are not certain what I can safely take and still pass through NPC screening.

Here are there suggestions:
Anavar
Novadex
Clenbuterol

"possibly" Winstral

Excuse spelling errors - I know very-very little about any of these and how they may/or/may not benefit me - just what they are saying.

If none of these would pass OR if you know what would assist me, would you please educated me?

I am eating fairly clean right now but adding cals to add muscle (@ 1.5gr Protein per b/w) right now and usually a cheat or two on the w/e. I will hit my cuttiing phase next July.

Any help, input, insight, direction, etc.... VERY appreciated!!!

Oh - also, I just ordered
Higher Power Tribulus Terrestris, 625mg/100 Capsules

Thank you!!

sassy69
09-12-2009, 02:14 AM
First of all, what sort of testing is involved? Urine? Voice stress analysis? Lie detector? Those NPC shows that are "tested" all seem to have their own flavor of testing - I suppose whatever testing the promoter feels is appropriate (cost-wise, I'm sure) to claim 'tested' status. The details should be laid out in your entry criteria for your target show.

tammyp
09-12-2009, 06:04 AM
i know team u does urine. the more informed can probably chime in on the half lives of these...nolva shouldnt be dropped due to rebound...so i dont know how you would get around that.

MAC895
09-12-2009, 06:18 AM
She gets around it by doing a non-tested show

SallyAnne
09-12-2009, 11:53 AM
It's not Team U, and it's a urine test.

sassy69
09-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Then the only way I know to get around that is to make sure you use fast-clearing (i.e. short detection time) compounds and stop in time to let them clear. There you're talking min 3 weeks for var.

Quadsweep
09-12-2009, 01:27 PM
Also depending on her tolerance to androgens she may use a fast acting test at low doses like prop or base even. Most use T3, HGH, Slin, Igf,Test.

SallyAnne
09-12-2009, 01:56 PM
Should she stop everything 3 weeks out?

I was listening to HMR radio this week and they asked Ali Amini questions regarding this topic. I believe he said that clen should be dropped 3-4 days out? I know he also mentioned winny and anavar and when to break from those.

Here's the radio show - it's worth a listen if you're trying to pass a drug test...

http://www.rxmuscle.com/hmr-radio-show.html

The Big Sexy
09-12-2009, 02:08 PM
I don't want to chime in uninvited - or maybe say something that is unhelpful - but don't the NPC tested shows list what is tested for or what is not allowed? I'm pretty sure winstrol is not allowed - also, I would think anti-e's would also be not allowed in a tested show??

I guess my concern is why compete in a tested show against other competitors who will not be using stuff? Even if there are OTHER competitors using - aren't those shows supposed to be for natural competitors to compete on a natural playing field? Non-tested shows are for everyone else (even natural athletes)

Or am I way off base here?

sassy69
09-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Should she stop everything 3 weeks out?

I was listening to HMR radio this week and they asked Ali Amini questions regarding this topic. I believe he said that clen should be dropped 3-4 days out? I know he also mentioned winny and anavar and when to break from those.

Here's the radio show - it's worth a listen if you're trying to pass a drug test...

http://www.rxmuscle.com/hmr-radio-show.html

Holding my own editorial about competing in a tested show ... I think if you're going to go this route, you probably need to spend time putting together a cycle plan way ahead of schedule and also taking more advantage of your off-season / pre-competition prep time when you have the time to run the bigger stuff and have it clear. The only purpose of any aas during your prep, or nearing the show date is for muscle preservation. But if you want to play the edge, then you need to be specific & informed about what you are cycling, what are the detection times for each and schedule accordingly. I'm not sure a blanket statement of "stop everything at 3 weeks" is good enough. It will depend on what you're running.

SallyAnne
09-12-2009, 02:11 PM
I don't want to chime in uninvited - or maybe say something that is unhelpful - but don't the NPC tested shows list what is tested for or what is not allowed? I'm pretty sure winstrol is not allowed - also, I would think anti-e's would also be not allowed in a tested show??

I guess my concern is why compete in a tested show against other competitors who will not be using stuff? Even if there are OTHER competitors using - aren't those shows supposed to be for natural competitors to compete on a natural playing field? Non-tested shows are for everyone else (even natural athletes)

Or am I way off base here?

That's the general idea, but I think we all know that there are many, many people who compete and pass a drug test and still use. We're not going to pass judgment in this thread. Dave and John just discussed passing a drug test on the radio show without giving any personal opinions. I hope to do the same here.

The Big Sexy
09-12-2009, 02:13 PM
That's the general idea, but I think we all know that there are many, many people who compete and pass a drug test and still use. We're not going to pass judgment in this thread. Dave and John just discussed passing a drug test on the radio show without giving any personal opinions. I hope to do the same here.

Gotcha.

In that case - does the NPC list the drugs they test for in a drug-tested event?

Also, would there be an issue with the half-life... perhaps, stop taking winny so far out... ? As for the Anti-Es - would there be a masking agent available that would counteract it showing up?

SallyAnne
09-12-2009, 02:13 PM
Holding my own editorial about competing in a tested show ... I think if you're going to go this route, you probably need to spend time putting together a cycle plan way ahead of schedule and also taking more advantage of your off-season / pre-competition prep time when you have the time to run the bigger stuff and have it clear. The only purpose of any aas during your prep, or nearing the show date is for muscle preservation. But if you want to play the edge, then you need to be specific & informed about what you are cycling, what are the detection times for each and schedule accordingly. I'm not sure a blanket statement of "stop everything at 3 weeks" is good enough. It will depend on what you're running.

I agree with this. Planning ahead is key. It's also good to remember that if you've taken a long acting ester right up to contest prep - DECA, for instance - it can stay in your system for months.

SallyAnne
09-12-2009, 02:14 PM
Gotcha.

In that case - does the NPC list the drugs they test for in a drug-tested event?

Also, would there be an issue with the half-life... perhaps, stop taking winny so far out... ? As for the Anti-Es - would there be a masking agent available that would counteract it showing up?

All good questions that I can't answer. I'll see if I can get heavyiron or even Dave/John in here to answer some of these...

sassy69
09-12-2009, 02:58 PM
I agree with this. Planning ahead is key. It's also good to remember that if you've taken a long acting ester right up to contest prep - DECA, for instance - it can stay in your system for months.

From steroid.com, and noting that different references may have different values - just like everything else about AAS, there's the 'macro-level' information and then the additional risk / experiment of finding out how each compound (and each "brand" of compound) works w/ your own body. Here you'd want to err on the very conservative side if you don't have a sense of how you respond (ref'ing Quadsweep's comment above). Its one thing to fail a drug test relative to your ability to compete inthe show, but you now also have a documented case that you failed a drug test. Depending on the show/federation, having that on your 'record' would keep you from competing EVER (or in the next year - e.g. for Team U, for the next 7 yrs for some of the natural federations).

... crap the formatting got all screwed up.... Anyway here's the link for detection times: http://www.steroid.com/detect.php

tkatmommie
09-12-2009, 08:12 PM
She gets around it by doing a non-tested show
:yep:WORD!!! If you are gonna play the game, make sure you are on the right field!

SallyAnne
09-13-2009, 01:19 AM
From the original anonymous poster:

Thank you so much for posting ! I am paying CLOSE attention and very-very interested in how the responses go....

Again - I have never used any of these so my education is coming strictly from my BB gals who are experienced using these (and others) and these are the suggested ones they felt "may" help me pack on a bit more size before my cut and on in to show time.

So - with that in mind and if I can (or if you can direct me where to find the answers) - if these supps are not passible - what supps can I take safely @ what dosage, etc... partnered with my nutrition that will assist with gains during these next 9 mos ahead before my cut?

Am I ok with the Higher Power Tribulus Terrestris? My understanding from my gym buddies is that this simply creates a testost uplift in my own natural chems vs introducing the chems? Or will I be waisting my money on that one?

Thanks so much for putting this out there and creating a discussion about it? My buddies aren't trying to derail me - they are simply trying to assist me with getting the absolute best out of my training and supplementation from what they have learned. With me being NPC bound at this point - they weren't certain what would/would not pass and told me to ask before I even tried anything.

I do know my show will be pee test - what they screen for - I will research further. Not sure.

Thanks!!!

I honestly think you should choose a show that's not tested if you're going to go the chemical route. It would just make things so much easier for you come show time NOT having to worry about passing a drug test. The majority of NPC shows are not tested.

Having said that, I'm hoping the ladies and men here can help answer your questions in regards to tribulus. Whether you decide to go the natural route or chem route, get the list of banned substances. There are many OTC things you are not allowed to take that will show up on a drug test...

sassy69
09-13-2009, 02:02 AM
From the original anonymous poster:

I honestly think you should choose a show that's not tested if you're going to go the chemical route. It would just make things so much easier for you come show time NOT having to worry about passing a drug test. The majority of NPC shows are not tested.

Having said that, I'm hoping the ladies and men here can help answer your questions in regards to tribulus. Whether you decide to go the natural route or chem route, get the list of banned substances. There are many OTC things you are not allowed to take that will show up on a drug test...

Agreed - start w/ the actual ban list and if you have questions, frankly you could contact the promoter and ask about the OTC stuff. You could even make up a name & email address and say you're interested in competing in that show in the future.

clevelandmuscle
09-13-2009, 04:38 PM
Not passing judgment, you can do what you want, but the only certain way to not get in any trouble is to either stick with the natural supplements that have been approved for the show or don't do a tested show.

On another note. I would do some research on your own on some of these chems that people have reccommended to you. Just listening to what some people at the gym have told you might not be enough information for you. I don't know who you have talked with or what there experience is, but I have seen a lot of morons tell people what they think that person should take without any consideration for what type of risks that person is ready to take. Some of these chems can have lasting effects especially on women that you should be aware of.

I am not saying whether or not you should take them. I just advise you to do plenty of research on your own and don't just take someone from the gyms word for it.

lilfella
09-13-2009, 04:52 PM
If you are not cheating, you are not trying. The last HMR episode had Ali Amini on and he talks about passing these tests.

LisaRD23
09-14-2009, 11:11 AM
What NPC Natural show are you planning on entering? Try to get your hands on the 2009 entry form so you can see specific details on what they did.

In NJ, I believe the NPC only had 1 Natural event for 2009. On that entry form it states that Female Fitness & Figure are NOT tested.

Getting in contact with the promoters would be your best bet. I looked through the NPC rules and couldn't find any info on banned substances, so it seems that testing rules will vary from show to show.

kungfuprincess007
09-14-2009, 01:45 PM
I think the NPC Shredder in TX that I'm looking at has banned substances. I'm okay with that.