PDA

View Full Version : How are beef protein powders compared to whey?

desibaba
09-12-2009, 01:52 PM
I have noticed a lot of companies are starting to sell beef based protein powders. The company Kai green works for has a product called Carnivore and True Protein is also starting to sell the stuff. Whey is the fastest protein out there which makes it great post workout but how fast is this beef isolate stuff absorbed? Somewhat similar to casein? If thats the case wouldnt that be a better choice if you have shakes between meals that you want to last longer in your system?

andyb101
09-12-2009, 02:04 PM
I have noticed a lot of companies are starting to sell beef based protein powders. The company Kai green works for has a product called Carnivore and True Protein is also starting to sell the stuff. Whey is the fastest protein out there which makes it great post workout but how fast is this beef isolate stuff absorbed? Somewhat similar to casein? If thats the case wouldnt that be a better choice if you have shakes between meals that you want to last longer in your system?

im guessing your talking about the musclemeds product,i just think they did it so they could use something different,however if kai wins they will state that this is the only thing he added to his diet and that is why he won

Dunkelheit23
09-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Who the hell knows what cut of beef that protein is coming from...

Bacon Boy
09-12-2009, 05:31 PM
IMO beef is the leanest slow digesting protein and I would suggest it over casein, but I would rather eat a steak than drink it, beef (not just beef shakes) has supposedly been proven to recycle aminos and keep you from wasting, Rambod suggest beef meal before bed...

FoodFreak
09-12-2009, 06:39 PM
In my opinion, whey protein (and I assume we are referring to a high quality isolate) has a specific purpose in the diet as do whole foods. Beef protein powder is like taking a steak and removing 2/3 of the benefits (fats, minerals, vitamins, nutrients like creatine and taste). So when it comes time for a shake, why use anything other than whey isolate? shakes are usually best at times when fast absorbing protein is desired anyway- and whey isolate would surely still rank #1 here ...IMO. Plus, you can easily slow down the absorption of whey isolate by adding fiber and/or fat.