PDA

View Full Version : Body wraps

Crusader
09-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Has anyone had a body wrap before a show? If you did, were you pleased with the result? I need to get rid of a bit more water around the mid section.:popcorn:

AVBG
09-12-2009, 10:01 PM
how far out are you?

Crusader
09-12-2009, 10:30 PM
I have one week. Contest on Sept. 19,2009

Scoobysnacks
09-13-2009, 12:33 AM
Body wraps? This is a joke, correct?

sassy69
09-13-2009, 03:33 AM
There are herbal wraps that are apparently supposed to pull out all the toxins. I did one about 10 days before a show I did in 2005 and I got it for free because the sum total of all my measurements (they measure circumference of several different parts of your body - calves, thigh, hips, waist, forearm, upper arm, etc.) didn't change by > 5". I look at that like - that's how clean my diet was there there's no shit in my system to pull out.

The hitch w/ these is like sauna or doing cardio too close to your show - leaves you watery. I probably wouldn't mess w/ it at < 10 days before a show - you just completely want to minimize all the things that screw w/ your water.

Crusader
09-13-2009, 12:58 PM
Scooby, I'm not joking.
S69, thanks for the reply. I should have been more clear about the body wrap. The tanning salon I frequent has a spa and they do a thermogenic body wrap thats called the Fat Burner. I live near an AFB and when they can't make their weight they are sent to this spa and I was told they generally lose 8 - 10 lbs of water weight. I just wondered if any bb'ers had tried this with success.

SallyAnne
09-13-2009, 01:50 PM
Scooby, I'm not joking.
S69, thanks for the reply. I should have been more clear about the body wrap. The tanning salon I frequent has a spa and they do a thermogenic body wrap thats called the Fat Burner. I live near an AFB and when they can't make their weight they are sent to this spa and I was told they generally lose 8 - 10 lbs of water weight. I just wondered if any bb'ers had tried this with success.

You have to remember what th normal person eats - a lot of carbs/crap. If you're already eating clean with very few carbs in your diet, I doubt it would do much - and like Sassy says, it could make you retain water and you don't want that.

If you're tanning, why don't you try the old preparation H on the area and wrap it in saran wrap? lol sounds dumb, but I know a lot of people who do this and swear it pulls water out.

ricker35910
09-13-2009, 07:27 PM
yes preparation h and saran wrap works...