PDA

View Full Version : Teen doing show first show

Jaredmus
02-23-2009, 12:58 PM
Hey guys im planning on doing the long island bodybuilding show and the atlantic states. Im 17 and would def say i have a shot at winning the teen division at both shows and possibly the novice middleweight. I dont know how to post pics of myself sorry.

I just need help on some contest stuff
-What is the best affordable posing suit ? I was going to get the brazzilian cut from cherry bombs.
-best tanning oil/

And than a few other things im about 14 weeks out and have a very fast metabolism, i plan on bulking for another 3 weeks then dieting. How much cardio shoud i do per week, and what type is best( for tight hamstrings and glutes?)\

Thanks so much any input would help a lot

rough draph of diet i plan on starting 7 weeks out 6-egg whites- Breakfast
Protein shake
Turkey almonds -Lunch
Protein shake
Chicken-Dinner
Protein shake
just rough any advice would be great

Jaredmus
02-23-2009, 02:16 PM
any help would be great thanks guys

trendog
02-23-2009, 03:03 PM
i hope you are at least using a scale for food,but whoever comes on here to help you is going to need a bit more info,it has to be based your on lbm,i wish i could help more.

GREENMACHINE23
02-23-2009, 09:59 PM
Don't get the Brazilian cut. Best of luck.

Scoobysnacks
02-24-2009, 01:32 PM
No one is going to just do your entire diet, but what I highly suggest is reading the sticky at the top of this forum regarding Laynes diet. Its speecific for bodytype, and should help you find your macro ranges, cardio ranges and training schedule. its fairly comprehensive, once you have done that.

If you choose the keto route then build that diet according to daves recs and post it telling us the macro breakdown.

Then provide us your stats, bodyfat, pics, and the macros you plan, then people are more likely to help, but just to put something together from scratch, you normally have to pay for that kind of service.;)

Good Luck

Ss

militantmuscle
02-24-2009, 02:13 PM
Scooby is correct, there are a lot of people experienced in contest prep, you can hire them for the exact diet and things like that, it takes time and effort.

The stuff about the suits and tanning and generalized stuff, we can all definitely give our input and contribute to your success in that sense.

Dave P., Razor, marcus300, scooby, and many more on this site (sorry if I haven't mentioned yoU!) are very well experienced and do great work with athletes. Just ask around, maybe put up a thread asking guys to recommend contest prep coaches and then you can shop around for the best guy/girl for your goals and budget.

I don't have as much experience as the aforementioned individuals, but I also do contest prep as well:D

Scoobysnacks
02-24-2009, 02:37 PM
Scooby is correct, there are a lot of people experienced in contest prep, you can hire them for the exact diet and things like that, it takes time and effort.

The stuff about the suits and tanning and generalized stuff, we can all definitely give our input and contribute to your success in that sense.

Dave P., Razor, marcus300, scooby, and many more on this site (sorry if I haven't mentioned yoU!) are very well experienced and do great work with athletes. Just ask around, maybe put up a thread asking guys to recommend contest prep coaches and then you can shop around for the best guy/girl for your goals and budget.

I don't have as much experience as the aforementioned individuals, but I also do contest prep as well:D

Yep and Ill even tweak it here if you make an attempt with actual macros and food amounts.

Another way to build an accurate diet online is to use fitday.com, will tell you what your macros are once you pick your foods and build the diet, its pretty slick.

Jaredmus
02-24-2009, 02:41 PM
No one is going to just do your entire diet, but what I highly suggest is reading the sticky at the top of this forum regarding Laynes diet. Its speecific for bodytype, and should help you find your macro ranges, cardio ranges and training schedule. its fairly comprehensive, once you have done that.

If you choose the keto route then build that diet according to daves recs and post it telling us the macro breakdown.

Then provide us your stats, bodyfat, pics, and the macros you plan, then people are more likely to help, but just to put something together from scratch, you normally have to pay for that kind of service.;)

Good Luck

Ss

thanks a lot will read.

Scoobysnacks
02-24-2009, 02:56 PM
thanks a lot will read.

read it, build it (fitday.com or I think calorieking.com has the same service), post it, and Ill help anyway I can at that point by fine tuning what you plan.

militantmuscle
02-24-2009, 04:32 PM
As for the oil, go with the ProTan glaze, it is very NICE.

Jaredmus
05-01-2009, 12:59 PM
Hey just wondering if anyone has any tips or exercises to help legs get a little more shreaded, im 4 weeks out and for a natty teen doing my first show i think my upper body looks good and legs just ok at best, will post pics later, but any cardio tips or leg repitions i should do. CArdio is 20 step master 20 incline walking highest elevation at low speed, and im doing a modified keto diet, 3 days 50 and under 1 day high 2 days 50 and under day high.

Ken "Skip" Hill
05-02-2009, 04:47 AM
Exercises don't shred legs, diet and cardio does.

Skip

Jaredmus
05-06-2009, 03:38 PM
Hey quick question 3.5 weeks out.

Im following something extremely close to the keto diet, just a question im eating lots of string beans, spinach and brocolli with all "food Meals" is that ok? And just started snacking on 1/2 cup mix of almonds and non salted peaunts throughout the day is taht ok? Thanks

billytrainer
05-07-2009, 03:42 PM
hey bud, its almost impossible to tell u that without seeing EXACTLY what you're eating... macros...etc. spinach-eat up. string beans & broc need to fit ur macros... 1/2 cup of almonds must CERTAINLY fit into ur macros to eat...high fat/high cals...

Koubs
05-08-2009, 12:41 AM
Hey quick question 3.5 weeks out.

Im following something extremely close to the keto diet, just a question im eating lots of string beans, spinach and brocolli with all "food Meals" is that ok? And just started snacking on 1/2 cup mix of almonds and non salted peaunts throughout the day is taht ok? Thanks

If you're doing keto, lots of string beans and broccoli is NOT ok... You probably won't be in ketosis...

And "snacking on a 1/2 cup of almonds and non-salted peanuts throughout the day" is NOT ok either... There's no "snacking" on a pre-contest diet brotha

Again, hard to say what you can/should be doing without pics man... You'll learn a lot from this first show and each show after, but guys who have "been there" can help somewhat on here if you provide more info (like PICTURES!!)