PDA

View Full Version : HCG and weight loss

ubermensch
09-15-2009, 11:07 AM
Okay girls, I am coming to you for advice in this area. I have a female friend who was obese to some degree, not super fat but about 40-50lbs overweight. Well the regimen was also included with a 500 calorie diet with little to no carbs, in fact I think she said no carb. She also did a shit-ton of cardio-type exercising(kickboxing, running the beach, you name it).

So, have any of you EVER heard of using HCG as a fat loss agent in women. I must be out of the loop here but I have never heard of HCG being used as a fat burner for women. This makes no real sense, not even scientific in my eyes. In women it stimulates ovulation, in men it simulates luetinizing hormone thereby POSSIBLY(most likely) raising testosterone levels and thereby INDIRECTLY burning fat by increasing LBM and therefore metabolic rate.

Here is my simple take on it and I'll put it bluntly because frankly I'm starting to get a bit irritated by this constant relation of her weight loss to HCG. The fact is.....if you all of a suddenn go from being a relatively inactive, party style life(which she did) and you go to : 1. watching what you eat and not only that 2. Massively restricting calories PLUS eating 5-6 times a day!!!(I exclaimed "Jesus, each meal must have been a little handful!!" and lastly but surely not least of importance is 3. Doing as I put it "a shit-ton" of exercising.
I don't care what she threw in there. She could have injected Bac water for all she or anyone else is concerned and she would have lost weight. Nevertheless, right now she is skinny fat although she is starting to come around a bit with some advice on what she should do to "tone up" now that she realizes she is skinny-fat.

Can anyone enlighten me on this any further because I guess I just don't see it and I always question something like this that comes to my attention. Makes me feel old.

Thanks
Sam

Por2gue
09-27-2009, 04:06 AM
If that's not a typo then I can see why she would look skinny fat with cals that low. Her weight loss should be attributed to what she's changed with her diet and the added cardio. The hcg is not the messiah in that change with her physique.

musclemilf
09-27-2009, 10:04 AM
HCG is a pregnancy hormone not a ovulation stimulator. From what I can recall, it helps to facilitate progestorone production in preganancy. I doubt the weight loss is attributed to HCG, but more of the adoption of a 500 calorie per day/cardio queen lifestyle.

Gerb
09-27-2009, 03:34 PM
Okay girls, I am coming to you for advice in this area. I have a female friend who was obese to some degree, not super fat but about 40-50lbs overweight. Well the regimen was also included with a 500 calorie diet with little to no carbs, in fact I think she said no carb. She also did a shit-ton of cardio-type exercising(kickboxing, running the beach, you name it).

So, have any of you EVER heard of using HCG as a fat loss agent in women. I must be out of the loop here but I have never heard of HCG being used as a fat burner for women. This makes no real sense, not even scientific in my eyes. In women it stimulates ovulation, in men it simulates luetinizing hormone thereby POSSIBLY(most likely) raising testosterone levels and thereby INDIRECTLY burning fat by increasing LBM and therefore metabolic rate.

Here is my simple take on it and I'll put it bluntly because frankly I'm starting to get a bit irritated by this constant relation of her weight loss to HCG. The fact is.....if you all of a suddenn go from being a relatively inactive, party style life(which she did) and you go to : 1. watching what you eat and not only that 2. Massively restricting calories PLUS eating 5-6 times a day!!!(I exclaimed "Jesus, each meal must have been a little handful!!" and lastly but surely not least of importance is 3. Doing as I put it "a shit-ton" of exercising.
I don't care what she threw in there. She could have injected Bac water for all she or anyone else is concerned and she would have lost weight. Nevertheless, right now she is skinny fat although she is starting to come around a bit with some advice on what she should do to "tone up" now that she realizes she is skinny-fat.

Can anyone enlighten me on this any further because I guess I just don't see it and I always question something like this that comes to my attention. Makes me feel old.

Thanks
Sam

HCG is marketed on the internet as a weight loss supplement. They send you to get blood test and determine if you qualify, then you get a script. Very common. Anti aging clinics also market it heavily for the same use. As to how it works, I have no idea but a quick google search and you will see that HCG for weight loss is being heavily marketed and seems pretty common.... and I realize that did not answer your question but just thouoght I'd let you know that many people are using it for that reason.

heavyiron
09-27-2009, 05:18 PM
It is a complete scam. HCG does not cause the weight loss the starvation diet does.

triceptor
09-27-2009, 06:16 PM
It is a complete scam. HCG does not cause the weight loss the starvation diet does.

agreed.. 500 cals a day and smelling pepermint leaves will work too.. LOL

I did a show on HCG for weight loss. Those who espouse it say it takes away the hunger, rejuvenates the skin, and speeds the metabolism yet no one can explain just how it works to do this. It was first touted by a Dr. Simeon over 60 years ago and I have a copy if his original manuscript which was re-circulated by his daughert about 20 years ago.

500 cals a day will cause a dramatic loss in muscle which will be counterproductive IMHO.

heavyiron
09-27-2009, 07:24 PM
agreed.. 500 cals a day and smelling pepermint leaves will work too.. LOL

I did a show on HCG for weight loss. Those who espouse it say it takes away the hunger, rejuvenates the skin, and speeds the metabolism yet no one can explain just how it works to do this. It was first touted by a Dr. Simeon over 60 years ago and I have a copy if his original manuscript which was re-circulated by his daughert about 20 years ago.

500 cals a day will cause a dramatic loss in muscle which will be counterproductive IMHO.
Yup, you cannot spare LBM at that calorie deficit.

I have taken HCG for other reasons for 3 years now and there is no way it aids in fat loss in me.

badfish51581
09-27-2009, 09:46 PM
It's the 500 cals a day - not the HCG. Going on the show Survivor is about the equivalent.

ubermensch
09-27-2009, 10:29 PM
It's the 500 cals a day - not the HCG. Going on the show Survivor is about the equivalent.

I think this is case closed. And thanks for the tip off above about it being commonly used for this purpose. It is complete bullsht though.

figurebre
09-29-2009, 08:55 AM
WEIRD! Someone just told me about this diet over the weekend! Apparently, the person I knew, did it through a weight loss medical center type clinic.
I researched all day yesterday...they said they only ate 500 cal for a week, after that the diet was normal but clean.
I couldnt find how HCG would effect the weight loss though?