PDA

View Full Version : Post competition

GirlyMuscle
09-15-2009, 12:27 PM
We've talked about the rebound associated with after a show. We've agreed you need a plan in advance, to not let everything go, keep up some cardio and slowly reintroduce an off season eating plan.

But what about going off the drugs? How do you go off? What happens when you stop? How much is going off T3 and Clen and Nolvadex (or whatever you're using) going to affect your post comp weight gain/rebound?

sassy69
09-15-2009, 01:47 PM
I've never seen an equation to quantify "how much" is due to t3, etc. and if you don't have a controlled diet coming out of competition, you can blow up due to that. So how do you determine how much is due to what?

Caveat on the below - I am hoping I'm not just regurgitating "brotelligence" - this is what I've seen from many different sources over the years:

Generally:
- AAS you can just stop - women don't need to taper or do PCT for the most part
- GH - no need to taper -tho you may have just stopped it at 10 days out from your show to remove any impact of water (if you experienced that)
- T3 - general recommendation to ramp down slowly to let your thyroid adjust as you go - e.g. drop the dose by 12.5 mcg E3D until down to nothing.
- Nolva - taper down - suggest splitting your dose in half, in half , in half, 2 days at a time until nothing.
- Adex -- not sure here... have never seen a taper protocol but as its dealing w/ estrogen, suggest similar to Nolva - splitting the dose until nothing - you can spread it over 2 days = 1/2 dose, as well as dropping the unit of your dose in half (e.g .split the pill, or whatever you have)

Also for estrogen, you can include evening primrose oil to get things back on track - Sistersteel has a thread on PCT for women that would apply to help get everything back in order.

As your body is recovering from all the stresses of competition, I still can't reiterate how important it is to keep control of your diet - extreme sugar & shit loaded can just throw off your whole system enough while its trying to reach homestasis, that you will be miserable. The most suckass thing on the planet is gaining 18 lb of water weight, all in your ankles & calves. Moderation in the diet and slow taper back into a normal maintenance state is your best bet.

STACEYK
09-15-2009, 02:45 PM
We've talked about the rebound associated with after a show. We've agreed you need a plan in advance, to not let everything go, keep up some cardio and slowly reintroduce an off season eating plan.

But what about going off the drugs? How do you go off? What happens when you stop? How much is going off T3 and Clen and Nolvadex (or whatever you're using) going to affect your post comp weight gain/rebound?

I'm nooo expert by any means and am speaking from my own personal experience but becareful with diuretics and I think you def have to taper off T3 and Nolvodex but again, one time I didn't do this and ate like a pig for a month after my show and blew up but afer my last one I controlled my sugar intake and tapered and no rebound not even a cankle in sight-gotta love not gettin cankles:yep:

Gerb
09-16-2009, 02:49 AM
Sistersteel has a thread on PCT for women that would apply to help get everything back in order.

I looked and did a search too but not seeing it. Do you have a link? Thanks. - Steve

sassy69
09-16-2009, 02:57 AM
I looked and did a search too but not seeing it. Do you have a link? Thanks. - Steve

Here's the one I was thinking of:

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?t=8426&highlight=women

Gerb
09-16-2009, 03:12 AM
Here's the one I was thinking of:

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?t=8426&highlight=women

Thanks Sassy.

tammyp
09-16-2009, 06:03 AM
great post sassy. this is valuable info!