PDA

View Full Version : Am i behind???

DAVIDHARDY
09-16-2009, 08:08 PM
I'm at 7 weeks and 2 days out with 12.5% bodyfat. Am I behind? I might need help cracking the whip on this one. I've lost 3.5% bodyfat in 5 weeks, so if that pace keeps up, I'm not gonna be in shape in time. Do I need to jack up my cardio a lot right now or just keep adding 10 min a day each week? I'm doing 85 min a day right now. I can also change up my diet and get rid of about 300 calories and still be at 1.5 protein and .6 fat and just trace carbs. Help me please; don't worry about being nice, I'm a big boy...figuratively speaking lol.

AVBG
09-16-2009, 10:45 PM
need to see pics to give a proper answer.. BF measurement by calipers varies from person to person..Particularly if skin is looser on the abdomen. Without pics - I'd say 7 weeks would be enough time.

What is your height and current weight?
What is you current caloric intake?
Are you taking any fat burners or creatine?
How much water are you currently drinking and are salting your food?

Bacon Boy
09-16-2009, 11:55 PM
I'm at 7 weeks and 2 days out with 12.5% bodyfat. Am I behind? I might need help cracking the whip on this one. I've lost 3.5% bodyfat in 5 weeks, so if that pace keeps up, I'm not gonna be in shape in time. Do I need to jack up my cardio a lot right now or just keep adding 10 min a day each week? I'm doing 85 min a day right now. I can also change up my diet and get rid of about 300 calories and still be at 1.5 protein and .6 fat and just trace carbs. Help me please; don't worry about being nice, I'm a big boy...figuratively speaking lol.

In my eyes yes you are, but I like to be ahead so I can make adjustments as needed so I can tweak thing here and there and dont have to yank too much of the carbs out just pick better sources here or there

Back to you... When are you doing cardio, is it all at once, when are you getting carbs, are you eliminating them later on through out the day, cycling??? forget percentages we need to know exact g's of each macro...

DAVIDHARDY
09-17-2009, 06:33 AM
need to see pics to give a proper answer.. BF measurement by calipers varies from person to person..Particularly if skin is looser on the abdomen. Without pics - I'd say 7 weeks would be enough time.

What is your height and current weight?
What is you current caloric intake?
Are you taking any fat burners or creatine?
How much water are you currently drinking and are salting your food?

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?t=16277&page=4
POST 119 AND 120 ARE THE MOST RECENT.

Sorry, my pics are in my prep thread. I just posted this up last night before I went to bed, so I didn't put any up here. I used the Bod-Pod for the bodyfat test, and it's supposed to be as accurate as getting dipped.

1- 5'10" 192(MORNING WEIGHT)
2- I was eating 2350 cal a day, but I just went ahead and restructured my diet to 2050 today. That still gives me 1.5 grams of protein and .6 grams of fat per pound of lbm. It's 12 cal per pound at 170, but I was getting 14. Also, I'm doing a keto approach and I am only getting about 10 carbs now, mostly trace and I have a small salad at the end of the day.
3- I stopped taking my creatine at the beginning of this week and I am using ALRI supps; both the TRI-Lean and EVO-Stack.
4- I drink about a gallon and a half of water a day and I salt all of my meals. I don't measure out my seasonings, but I don't get ridiculous with them either.

I went ahead and said fuck it and changed up my diet and I'm going to start doing 100 min a day right now and I'll probably be adding in 10 min a day as needed week to week. I'd rather be ahead than behind. I am pleased with the results that I have achieved so far, but I just got too fat in the offseason and now it's time to suffer and get that fat off.

DAVIDHARDY
09-17-2009, 06:40 AM
In my eyes yes you are, but I like to be ahead so I can make adjustments as needed so I can tweak thing here and there and dont have to yank too much of the carbs out just pick better sources here or there

Back to you... When are you doing cardio, is it all at once, when are you getting carbs, are you eliminating them later on through out the day, cycling??? forget percentages we need to know exact g's of each macro...

I split my cardio into 2, sometimes 3, sessions a day. I am going to start doing 100min today; I just kicked it up to 85 earlier this week. I'm a keto guy, so my carbs are just trace and from a smal salad one meal. My current macros as of today(went ahead and changed it now rather than waiting) are 260 protein, 107 fat, and about 10 carbs(2050 cal). I was getting in 315 protein, 120 fat, and about 20 carbs(2350 cal). My LBM is 170. I also upped my fish oil from 9 grams supplemental to 18 supplemental. So, with me eating tuna and salmon once a day, I'm getting in about 34 grams of fish oil a day, so that should help a lot.

Bacon Boy
09-17-2009, 09:03 AM
I split my cardio into 2, sometimes 3, sessions a day. I am going to start doing 100min today; I just kicked it up to 85 earlier this week. I'm a keto guy, so my carbs are just trace and from a smal salad one meal. My current macros as of today(went ahead and changed it now rather than waiting) are 260 protein, 107 fat, and about 10 carbs(2050 cal). I was getting in 315 protein, 120 fat, and about 20 carbs(2350 cal). My LBM is 170. I also upped my fish oil from 9 grams supplemental to 18 supplemental. So, with me eating tuna and salmon once a day, I'm getting in about 34 grams of fish oil a day, so that should help a lot.

I am honestly going to say after looking at the pics youre good to go/right on track, you just need more arm and leg details, your abs are in for the most part so that normally, what most people are waiting for...At 8 and half weeks out mine barely show, but I am keeping my abs small and do just enough to make em pop...

Anyways man that is a lot of fat, and that much FO scares me mainly because that dose WILL NOT MAY, WILL have an anti inflammatory effect, and will inhibit growth/ may have a shrink effect... Even some one in KETO running on fat may hold the extra they arent burning so just make sure your ass is dragging by the end of the day, basically if you are still taking in a deficient amount of fat in you body will have enough fat to burn dietary, instead of stored, if you arent currently taking carnitine I would recommend it to any Natty getting ready for a show I have seen tremendous results

Scoobysnacks
09-17-2009, 11:09 AM
If that percentage is correct, that means you are carrying 24 lbs of fat. You shouldnt compete with more than 8 lbs of fat on you if you want to look really good. So you have 16 to lose in 6 weeks, I dont count peak week. As you can see if you only lose 2 lbs of fat per week you wont be pealed, you'll be beach lean. You should pick it up and try to create a deficit now.

How many lbs of fat have you been losing per week? You will probably need to create another 1000 cal deficit from your caloric intake now. Do it with cardio and diet, not one or the other. Its gonna hurt.

Your worst area is you are really soft in the glutes and hams, they are smooth and fat is pushing out the side of your trunks, you can make it respectiable but you WONT have shredded glutes and hams at this stage in the game.

Good Luck

Ss

DAVIDHARDY
09-17-2009, 12:36 PM
If that percentage is correct, that means you are carrying 24 lbs of fat. You shouldnt compete with more than 8 lbs of fat on you if you want to look really good. So you have 16 to lose in 6 weeks, I dont count peak week. As you can see if you only lose 2 lbs of fat per week you wont be pealed, you'll be beach lean. You should pick it up and try to create a deficit now.

How many lbs of fat have you been losing per week? You will probably need to create another 1000 cal deficit from your caloric intake now. Do it with cardio and diet, not one or the other. Its gonna hurt.

Your worst area is you are really soft in the glutes and hams, they are smooth and fat is pushing out the side of your trunks, you can make it respectiable but you WONT have shredded glutes and hams at this stage in the game.

Good Luck

Ss

Thanks man; I cut the calories back by 300 and increased my cardio to 100 min a day. Should I go ahead and take it to 120 min a day now or just keep adding in 10 min a day weekly?

DAVIDHARDY
09-17-2009, 01:07 PM
I just did a little research and my resting metabolic rate is right at 2050 cal a day. Weight training eats up about 200 calories in 50 min. Every hour of low intensity cardio uses about 500-600 calories, estimated for the elliptical and stairmaster. All of that is according to this site:

http://www.fatburn.com/free_tool_activity_burn.asp

I'm sure that it's not spot on, but it gives me an idea of what to do.

If I'm doing 100 min a day, that should be around 800-1000cal a day from cardio alone. Add in a weight session for another 200 and I'm at or above the 1000 deficit that Scooby recommended(assuming this site is somewhat correct). That's not including what I do at work and just moving around all day as well, so I should be good to reach my goal of 4-5% correct? I am going to keep adding in 10 min each week just to be on the safe side. I am also going to try to do 3-4 sessions of cardio a day because I think that it would be more advantageous, metabolically speaking, to do it that way. Morning, noon, post workout, and pre-bed. I am trying to stay away from pro/veg days alltogether, but if at 4 weeks out, I'm not trucking along like I should, then I am going to use them starting in a 2PV, 2PF approach and eliminate my cheats then as well. That shit is gonna suck, but crunch time means business. Moral of this fucking story is don't get so GD fat in the offseason next time!

Scoobysnacks
09-17-2009, 02:32 PM
I just did a little research and my resting metabolic rate is right at 2050 cal a day. Weight training eats up about 200 calories in 50 min. Every hour of low intensity cardio uses about 500-600 calories, estimated for the elliptical and stairmaster. All of that is according to this site:

http://www.fatburn.com/free_tool_activity_burn.asp

I'm sure that it's not spot on, but it gives me an idea of what to do.

If I'm doing 100 min a day, that should be around 800-1000cal a day from cardio alone. Add in a weight session for another 200 and I'm at or above the 1000 deficit that Scooby recommended(assuming this site is somewhat correct). That's not including what I do at work and just moving around all day as well, so I should be good to reach my goal of 4-5% correct? I am going to keep adding in 10 min each week just to be on the safe side. I am also going to try to do 3-4 sessions of cardio a day because I think that it would be more advantageous, metabolically speaking, to do it that way. Morning, noon, post workout, and pre-bed. I am trying to stay away from pro/veg days alltogether, but if at 4 weeks out, I'm not trucking along like I should, then I am going to use them starting in a 2PV, 2PF approach and eliminate my cheats then as well. That shit is gonna suck, but crunch time means business. Moral of this fucking story is don't get so GD fat in the offseason next time!

You cant factor in training and walking around as that has been there all along during prep. im talking about a 1000 cal deficit from the here and now.

Good Luck

Ss

DAVIDHARDY
09-17-2009, 02:49 PM
You cant factor in training and walking around as that has been there all along during prep. im talking about a 1000 cal deficit from the here and now.

Good Luck

Ss

Oh, I see. Well that will be next to impossible, but I'll try my damnest to get into shape. Thanks scooby.

UnfinishedBusiness
09-18-2009, 10:55 AM
I don't think you are at 12.5% personally unless you are counting organ fat.

I would say more like 10-11%.

In 6 weeks if you were to lose say 1% per week for the next 3 weeks, and another 1/2% per week for the last 3 as it gets harder and harder to lose weight, you will be around 5.5-6.5% bodyfat.

Many people compete with a decent amount more bodyfat than that.

It all depends on your goals and the contest you are entering.

Ken "Skip" Hill
09-19-2009, 07:16 PM
..At 8 and half weeks out mine barely show, but I am keeping my abs small and do just enough to make em pop...

What exactly do you mean when you say you are "keeping your abs small and do just enough to make them pop"?

Skip

Bacon Boy
09-19-2009, 07:54 PM
What exactly do you mean when you say you are "keeping your abs small and do just enough to make them pop"?

Skip

I am trying to keep my waist as little as possible and I dont want abs that carry a lot of muscle size... Larger ab muscles typically tend to sag out this offseason mine where all over the place because I was using a lot of weighted exercises, so for only 3 sets of abs do I use anything besides bodyweight, this method as well as contest dieting, has dropped it from 36 to 29 1/2"

DAVIDHARDY
09-19-2009, 10:15 PM
I am trying to keep my waist as little as possible and I dont want abs that carry a lot of muscle size... Larger ab muscles typically tend to sag out this offseason mine where all over the place because I was using a lot of weighted exercises, so for only 3 sets of abs do I use anything besides bodyweight, this method as well as contest dieting, has dropped it from 36 to 29 1/2"

Weird; I'm at 30.5 right now and I always do them weighted and bodyweight twice a week. I like the developed look, and since I'm a natty, I don't think that my waist is ever going to get too big, so I'll continue to do my squats and deads from the floor throughout my prep as well.

Bacon Boy
09-19-2009, 11:00 PM
Weird; I'm at 30.5 right now and I always do them weighted and bodyweight twice a week. I like the developed look, and since I'm a natty, I don't think that my waist is ever going to get too big, so I'll continue to do my squats and deads from the floor throughout my prep as well.

I am keeping everything belted for sure I am thinking at the 4-3 week out mark putting those on the smith... No sense of getting hurt 3-4 weeks from a show and letting people down.

maxxmuscle
09-20-2009, 03:34 AM
I think the theory od getting "Big" abs from deads and "Big" as from Squats ir BS....

Down to your Genetic makeup IMO.Hope things are going to plan and you stepped it up a little and are back on track.....

Its tough if you are behind,mentally and Physically ! Keep Pushin !

Bacon Boy
09-20-2009, 03:43 AM

I am talking about weighted ab crunches obliques and stuff like that, not Squats and DL's