PDA

View Full Version : Linda McMahon for senate...

~gymdiva~
09-16-2009, 11:20 PM
source: wrestlezone:

by Matt Boone
Sep 16, 2009

Jeff Bauer sent along the following: I am watching MSNBC right now,they are interviewing Linda McMahon stating that she has stepped down from her position with WWE. She is runnning as a republican senate candidate to eventually challenge incumbent Chris Dodd, a democrat.

Randall Cassels sent along the following: Just thought I would let everyone know Linda McMahon was today's "most searched for person" on Yahoo.com.

And finally, thanks to Brian S. for sending along the following link to the MSNBC article with all the details on the Linda McMahon story.

FULL ARTICLE (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32874422/ns/local_news-new_york_ny/?GT1=43001)

~gymdiva~
09-16-2009, 11:42 PM
1KAIA7NG8y8

~gymdiva~
09-17-2009, 09:36 PM
by Matt Boone
Sep 17, 2009

Justin Dorsey sent along the following:

I live in New Britain, CT and today in my city's newspaper with a full page ad for Linda McMahon's Senate Campaign.

She put that she was a successful businesswoman and not a politician however she didn't put the name of the company but did mention it creates jobs for people in CT.

She also put that she won't take a dime from special interest groups and not accept any donations over $100. She made it very clear that she would not be bought in this election.

~gymdiva~
09-17-2009, 09:41 PM
by Nick Paglino
Sep 17, 2009

TheDailyBeast.com has posted comments from several wrestlers concerning Linda McMahon's run for the Connecticut State Senate. Below are some highlights:

"The idea that Vince McMahon could be in the vicinity of one of our lawmaking bodies just frightens me," said recently released TNA employee Jim Cornette.

"Connecticut needs Linda McMahon. She is the opposite of Nancy Pelosi. She’ll be something new in the Senate, someone who is very conscientious," said Lanny Poffo.

~gymdiva~
09-19-2009, 03:04 PM
by Nick Paglino
Sep 19, 2009

In a new interview with Chris Yandek of CYInterview.com, former WWE star Jake "The Snake" Roberts had the following to say concerning Linda McMahon's quest to become a State Senator of Connecticut. “The truth is that Linda’s going to win. Should she follow through with what she’s saying, it’s a damn good thing. I just feel sorry for the rest of the Senate members because she will take no slack. She will stand up and throw a punch just like I would. She won’t back off.”

“She was always the steady ore in the water. Or as Vince might go up and down and bounce you around and deal with you, she was the steady one. I have nothing but respect for that woman. Anybody that can put up with all the wrestlers and stuff – anybody that can deal with that and still be steady, solid and positive and not wavier has certainly got their head screwed on right.”

ROTFLMAO
11-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Linda McMahon Spending Millions of Dollars and More
By Marc Middleton
Nov 12, 2009 - 8:39:23 AM

- An article in USA Today on Linda McMahon's Senate campaign noted that of her campaign funding, it has consisted of $3,496,778 that she has self-funded. Her campaign has raised $4,906 in donations.

ROTFLMAO
11-18-2009, 06:20 PM
Hall of Famer Attacks Linda McMahon and Her Senate Campaign
By Amish Patel
Nov 18, 2009 - 10:47:11 AM

- During an interview with the Hartford Courant, WWE Hall of Famer "Superstar" Billy Graham hit out at Linda McMahon and her run for senate.

"She may look like a Sunday school teacher," Graham said. "Linda McMahon's hands are as bloody as her husband's because she is aware of every move in the ring."

Graham said WWE has changed their colors and deceived the public before Linda's run for Senate. He cites the lack of blood, Divas posing for Playboy and the lack of bra and panties matches as examples.

~gymdiva~
11-24-2009, 11:57 PM
osvPeqqnbsU

ROTFLMAO
12-07-2009, 07:32 PM
Linda McMahon Says WWE Had "Significant" Steroid Problem (Interview)
By Michael Bluth
Dec 7, 2009 - 7:15:18 PM

In an interview with political website TheHill.com, former WWE CEO and United States Senate hopeful Linda McMahon spoke about a number of topics pertaining to pro wrestling. McMahon acknowledged that steroids were a "significant problem" in WWE back in 2006 before the company relaunched its drug testing program. She says WWE's Wellness policy is "as good as it can be for today. But as technology advances and more is known and developed, we’ll continue to develop our policy, as we have done over the years.”

"Unlike football or baseball or basketball, where steroids can actually enhance performance, they do nothing to enhance performance in WWE,” McMahon said. She added that its mostly about a wrestler’s “charisma, the ability to connect with the audience, and how successfully they can act and perform within the storyline.” No mention about the long standing culture of freakishly muscular wrestlers getting pushed or the increasing pressure for wrestlers to stay in shape and maintain an HDTV-friendly physiques.

WWE legends Superstar Billy Graham and Bruno Sammartino have been very outspoken towards Linda McMahon since she began her Senate campaign. Graham recently told the Hartford Courant, "She may look like a Sunday school teacher, [but her] hands are as bloody as her husband’s, because she is aware of every move in the ring.” Linda called Graham a “self-confessed liar” and dismissed Sammartino as someone who has “still got sour grapes because he didn’t make as much money as the guys today are making." She said, “You’re going to always have the old-timers who are going to come out and say [things],” she said. “It’s just not like that.”

ROTFLMAO
12-08-2009, 07:41 PM
Former Superstars Blast Linda McMahon
By Michael Bluth
Dec 8, 2009 - 12:57:24 PM

- Politico.com has an article up that paints former WWE CEO and United States Senate hopeful Linda McMahon in a very negative light. The article includes quotes from several former WWE employees, who say it would be downright wrong for McMahon to reach such a high position of power in the United States government. Here are some quotes:

Joanie "Chyna" Lauer: “If there is a race to Capitol Hill, I hope she gets knocked off before she even starts."

Bruno Sammartino: “I would not vote for her because I know what she contributed to the wrestling world with her husband. The vulgarity, the nudity, the profanity, all that kind of crap — it bothers me.”

Llarry Zbyszko: “If the people in Connecticut are stupid enough to elect Linda, that’s their problem."

Superstar Billy Graham: “This campaign is the height of hypocrisy. I believe the voters and citizens in Connecticut deserve to be told the truth. In no way does she have a rightful place in the U.S. Senate. The fact that we were out there experiencing trauma and drawing in untold millions for the company [means] we should have at least had some sort of health insurance.”

The Blue Meanie: "We’re the guys out there sacrificing ourselves. You’d think they’d throw us a bone. Sometimes you wondered if they saw their employees as humans or farm animals It was like being in the circus. You’re shipped here, perform there; it’s almost like you’re disposable.”"

WWE’s lack of health insurance is at the heart of the wrestlers’ grievances. They allege that McMahon and her husband, WWE Chairman Vince McMahon, ran a billion-dollar company that provided no health insurance for the wrestlers who put their bodies on the line to help turn the WWE into the global phenomenon it is today.

~gymdiva~
05-23-2010, 10:50 PM
(source: wrestlezone)

by Matt Boone
May 22, 2010
The following is an excerpt from an article in the WashingtonPost.com:

HARTFORD, Conn. -- Criticism aimed at Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal wasn't enough to keep him from securing the Democratic nomination for Christopher Dodd's U.S. Senate seat but was sufficient to help political unknown and ex-wrestling executive Linda McMahon get the GOP nod.

Blumenthal and McMahon won their party nominations at conventions Friday for the post that the Democratic senator has held since 1981. Dodd is retiring.

one step closer y'all....

Goodfellas
05-24-2010, 09:07 AM
Wow she doesnt have many wrestler supporters.

swoleoneday
05-24-2010, 03:38 PM
Wow she doesnt have many wrestler supporters.

She probably is trying to distance herself from wrestling as much as possible. Its been just about the only thing any other candidate has tried to attack her on.

~gymdiva~
10-25-2010, 02:19 PM
from the ultimate in dirty politics playbook:

By Mike Johnson on 2010-10-25 11:39:45 Richard Blumenthal,

Linda McMahon's primary opposition in the Connecticut Senate race, has brought Michael Benoit, the father of the late Chris Benoit to Hartford, CT today for a speaking appearance before media to discuss Linda McMahon and WWE's treatment of professional wrestlers. Obviously, the political race is getting nastier by the week.

The Hartford Courant grabbed McMahon for comment on Benoit coming to speak out against her and she responded that his "feelings are bitter, sad ...[he] wants to find an answer and also someone to blame." McMahon also commented that there was never a hint of a problem with Benoit before one of her aides cut off the conversation.

~gymdiva~
11-02-2010, 09:29 PM
early results show Linda losing....

~gymdiva~
11-02-2010, 10:16 PM
By Jeff Wirtheim on 2010-11-02 22:25:22

As mentioned earlier, during her concession speech, Linda McMahon introduced her daughter Stephanie followed by her son in law Paul Levesque. She also introduced other family and friends including Shane and Marissa, Vince, Marissa's parents, Linda's mom, other friends, other aunts and uncles of Linda's as well as WWE legal adviser Jerry McDevitt.
According to the WNBC TV reporter on site who interviewed people at the polling places today, women were turned off to her WWE ties and the way WWE treats women on screen.

In an ironic twist, Smackdown tonight is being taped in Bridgeport CT an approximate 30-40 (max) minute drive from the convention center Linda is currently speaking at. There is some major voting irregularities today in Bridgeport and a last second court order was acquired by Linda's campaign (or the Republican party as a whole) to keep the polls open later to help correct whatever these irregularities are.