PDA

View Full Version : Fedor Vs. Rogers w/Play by Play

-Z-
08-27-2009, 12:35 PM
http://www.searscentre.com/assets/events/2009/11/mainEventImg/540x255_fedor_rogers_wDate.jpg
Event Details
November 7th 2009
Sears Centre Arena,
Hoffman Estates, Ill.
Live on CBS

Fight Card
Strikeforce Middleweight Championship
Jake Shields vs. Jason “Mayhem” Miller
Fedor Emelianenko vs. Brett Rogers
Gegard Mousasi vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou
Antonio Silva vs. Fabricio Werdum
Jeff Curran vs. Dustin Neace
Roxanne Modafferi vs. Marloes Coenen
Mark Miller vs. Deray Davis
Shamar Bailey vs. John Kolosci
Louis Taylor vs. Nate Moore
Christian Uflacker vs. Jonatas Novaes

http://www.sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop.php?image=http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/headers/20090826022020_big_fedor.JPG&width_size=570

Fedor Emelianenko will make his Strikeforce debut in a showdown with undefeated heavyweight Brett Rogers, Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker announced on Wednesday during the Russian superstar’s public workout at the Fighthouse Gym in New York City. No date or venue was announced.

Unbeaten in his last 27 fights, Emelianenko (30-1, 1 NC) flattened former UFC champions Andrei Arlovski and Tim Sylvia in his most recent outings. The 32-year-old Russian knocked out Arlovski with one punch 3:14 into their match at Affliction “Day of Reckoning” in January but has not competed since.

Hard to handle on his feet and on the ground, Emelianenko has finished his last five opponents inside one round and holds victories against Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, 2006 Pride Open Weight Grand Prix winner Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic and former UFC heavyweight champions Mark Coleman and Kevin Randleman. He has delivered 23 of his 30 career wins by knockout, technical knockout or submission.

Rogers (10-0), meanwhile, launched himself into the national spotlight when he dismantled Arlovski in 22 seconds at a Strikeforce show in June. The 28-year-old Minnesotan has finished all 10 of his opponents and stands as a formidable physical challenge for Emelianenko. The 6-foot-5, 265-pound EliteXC veteran will own a significant height and weight advantage when the two meet.

sherdog.com

-Z-
08-27-2009, 12:35 PM
I wonder if this might be better then we think.

killak32
08-27-2009, 12:38 PM
Hope so. Rogers seems pretty tough but I don't know he has the experience.

Plates
08-27-2009, 12:41 PM
Oh Christ on a cracker.............

I wonder what Rogers game plan will be? Probably the same as with Arlovski. I'll call Fedor by sub in the 1st, Or KO in the 2nd.

Rogers is going to rush him at the opening I think. Could result in a take down, hence my sub prediction. Regardless, I'm glad they are getting this going quick like

-Z-
08-27-2009, 12:48 PM
How can anyone get in the ring/cage with this guy and be confident? That's a hell of a mind set to overcome against Fedor.

Plates
08-27-2009, 12:49 PM
Heard that!!!

Mirko Cro Cop
08-27-2009, 01:14 PM
Great match up, this should be a brutal fight.

Lucas
08-28-2009, 01:26 AM
Should be a good bout, I agree with Plate's 1st round sub by Fedor. Roger's aggression will probably get the best of him.

-Z-
09-04-2009, 08:15 AM
Brett Rogers said he’ll be banking on Fedor Emelianenko’s technical lapses when he faces the world’s top-ranked heavyweight in Strikeforce sometime in October or November.

The bout, the first of three Emelianenko has agreed to with Strikeforce, was announced -- sans a date and venue -- by the San Jose-based promotion last week.

“There’s loopholes in everybody’s game, and in his game, the way I see it, he can sometimes get a little sloppy,” Rogers told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “The Jordan Breen Show” last week. “He is a patient guy, but when he feels that he has to give, he kind of rushes it a little bit. Just on that, I can kinda set him up for a knockout just by faking an injury or something, just jump in and out his offense a little more than not. Hit and move. Hit and move.”

Rogers, 29, earned his shot against the No. 1-ranked Emelianenko after knocking out former top-three contender Andrei Arlovski in 22 seconds at a Strikeforce event last June. And though the Minnesota native will give the vaunted Russian a hefty 6-foot-5, 265-pound plus package to handle, many are skeptical Rogers can re-create the shocking upset he scored against Arlovski.

Rogers, who’s won all ten of his bouts with his fists, isn’t one of them.

“I feel good about the fight,” he said. “(It’s) definitely a step up in competition once again. Fedor, he’s definitely done and proved to the world that he’s capable of doing whatever he needs to to get the job done. That right there –- that’s the type of fighter that I’m looking forward to fighting because it’s all about testing your might and he’s definitely got it to test.”

Strikeforce brass has gone to great lengths to keep the bout’s date and venue considerations under wraps until its final decision is made.

Even the man facing the formidable Emelianenko said he’s been kept in the dark.

“I’m really not sure (of the date),” said Rogers, who began preparing a couple of weeks ago for the bout. “I’m guessing sometime (in) October, November.”

One potential location that has passed the lips of a few Strikeforce fighters has been St. Paul, Minn., the city Rogers hails from.

“I definitely would love a hometown fight for a couple of reasons,” said Rogers. “One, I haven’t fought in my hometown and two, Minnesota is an MMA state.”

Training without a conclusion date can be problematic, though Rogers said the lack of information hasn’t hindered his hunger for the bout.

“I’m on a six- or seven-hour a day training cycle,” said Rogers, who trains at Ambition Training Academy in Eagan, Minn. “As long as I’m in the gym, conditioning, doing what I need to do up until the fight, I’m that much more confident. When I get to that point, I just don’t care. I’m a dangerous fighter.”

In addition to his bread-and-butter striking, Rogers said his training has focused on conditioning and jiu-jitsu.

“I’ve been working mostly with the defense, because that’s one of his offenses,” said Rogers. “Everybody’s questioning my ground game. I’ve been working the ground just as well as I’ve been working (the striking).”

sherdog.com

Plates
09-04-2009, 11:05 AM
- BRETT ROGERS: I'M GOING TO KNOCK FEDOR OUT
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/9503-BrettRogersRonHumphreySF0409_7439.jpg
Slated to be Fedor Emelianenko's first opponent in the Strikeforce promotion, undefeated heavyweight Brett Rogers plans to knock out the top ranked Russian.

"I'm going out there to knock Fedor out. I'm going out there to knock him out just like Arlovski. It ain't going to be no different," Rogers told Tapout Radio earlier this week.

"The way I see it, he's not going to want to stand with me. He's going to want to take me down and play the little ground and pound game because he knows damn well my hands are ferocious and he's not going to be able to handle my power. It's not going to happen."

Questioned how his ground game matches up against the Russian's, Rogers said, "If he gets lucky and takes me down, because I'm not an easy guy to take down, I'm a stand-up fighter, so I train real hard on standing up, but if he succeeds, I'm cool. I'm cool with it. I'm a patient guy. I'm just going to hold him and get back up and make him play my game, and he's going to have to try all over again."

The bout has been agreed to, but no date has been set. "They just told me to be ready by October or November," said the 28-year-old fighter.

"There's a couple of situations with the UFC. They don't want to schedule a show on the same day as one of their shows."

lilfella
09-04-2009, 11:11 AM
ROFLMAO! This guy is funny!

ebfitness
09-04-2009, 01:05 PM
This guy sounds like he's a master on the ground.:no:

-Z-
09-04-2009, 01:10 PM
Am I the only guy who wouldn't mind seeing him beat Fedor?

Plates
09-04-2009, 01:46 PM
Am I the only guy who wouldn't mind seeing him beat Fedor?
Meh.........:no:

You know who I want to see do it.....

-Z-
09-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Meh.........:no:

You know who I want to see do it.....

I know, I know...

lilfella
09-04-2009, 02:20 PM
I want to see Fedor keep dominating just to piss Dana off.

Mirko Cro Cop
09-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Rogers is maning up for the press but you know that deep down inside, he knows he has no chance of beating Fedor.

All Fedor has to do is take him to the ground and the fight is over.

WNY_Muscle
09-04-2009, 04:58 PM
Yeah Fedor has a way of getting those armbars going out of no-where. If his ground game isn't up to snuff, he'll get pounded on the ground. If his ground game is decent, he'll get submitted via an armbar. Hopefully I'm wrong and it will be an interesting fight, as I like to see fights make it till at least the second round.

Plates
09-05-2009, 02:21 PM
Here is a bio and a little history of who Brett Rogers is. This is the guy who says he will knock Fedor out in their upcoming fight this fall. I decided to post this since no one really knows who he is. :)

Brett Rogers

http://www.strikeforce.com/assets/Rogers.jpg
Fighter Statistics First Name: Brett Height: 6'5" Last Name: Rogers Weight: 265 (121kg) Nick Name: The Grimm Birthdate: 2/17/1981 Wins: 10 Fighting Style: Losses: 0 Club / Gym: Team Bison Draws: 0 City: Minneapolis No Contest: 0 State / Province: MN Country: USA Biography: An undefeated heavyweight hailing from Minneapolis, Brett Rogers left his job in January of 2008 as a Sam's Club tire repairman so that he can dedicate himself fully towards his dream of becoming a heavyweight champion.

Rogers took the plunge in spite of the fact that he is supporting four young children. However, while the decision presents some risk, it is not ill-advised, as Rogers is one of the top heavyweight prospects in the world.

After proving all he could on a regional level, Rogers got a shot at the big show when he made his EliteXC debut on November 10, 2007 during the promotion's "Renegade" event in Corpus Christi, Texas. At the event, Rogers submitted Ralph Kelly with strikes in the first round during the bout. He improved his EliteXC record to 2-0 when he knocked out James Thompson at 2:24 of round 1 during "Street Certified" on February 16, 2008.

The Team Bison member then received the biggest opportunity of his life when he was tapped to fight Jon Murphy during EliteXC's "Primetime" event on May 31, 2008. The card, held at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., served as the first-ever MMA event televised on live network television as a part of CBS' Saturday Night Fights.

Rogers and Murphy hold the distinction of being the first fight ever to be televised live on network TV. After knocking out Murphy just 1:01 into the fight, it was Rogers who earned the distinction of being the first-ever fighter to win a bout on primetime network TV.

Fight History:

Received national attention when he knocked out Andrei Arlovski in :22 at Strikeforce: Lawler vs. Shields in St. Louis, MO on June 6, 2009
Knocked out Jon Murphy at 1:01 of round 1 during EliteXC's "Primetime" event on May 31, 2008.
Knocked out (punches) James Thompson at 2:24 of round 1 during "Street Certified" on February 16, 2008. The win occurred a day before his 27th birthday.
Made his EliteXC debut in a non-televised match against Ralph Kelly during EliteXC: Renegade on November 10. Kelly submitted due to strikes at 1:45 of round 1.
Knocked out Josh Melichar in the first round during an EFX show on February 1, 2007.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U-fvvO40_14&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U-fvvO40_14&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yoePu0dpUxM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yoePu0dpUxM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uf4Zg8VRHDA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uf4Zg8VRHDA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

phillymuscle
09-08-2009, 06:06 PM
I wonder in how good a shape Brett is going to show up in. He looks a little soft in the body. He does have a shot because of his power. And fedor chooses always to stand with every fighter regardless of there standup abilities. Which can be to his downfall if Rodgers doesn't tank after the first round.

-Z-
09-18-2009, 01:28 PM
Fedor Emelianenko and Brett Rogers will face off in a heavyweight main event for Strikeforce on Nov. 7 on CBS. A venue for the event is still to be announced, however ESPN.com and Sherdog.com have both learned from multiple sources that the Sears Centre Arena in Chicago has emerged as the frontrunner for the event. The Sears Centre Arena holds 11,800 seats and has hosted IFL events in the past.

Strikeforce announced the event on Thursday. The CBS Corporation owns premium pay channel Showtime, which has a multi-year broadcast deal with Strikeforce.

The bout will be the first of three for Emelianenko, the world’s top-ranked heavyweight, with the promotion and will mark his first bout in a cage.

The event also marks the return of mixed martial arts to the major television network. CBS broadcasted EliteXC “Heat” in October 2008 and garnered nearly 5 million viewers.

"There's no question this is a sport that is fast becoming a force in popularity and as a business," said Kelly Kahl, Senior Executive Vice President, Prime Time, CBS Television. "We're excited to be the platform that will enable millions more to see the athlete regarded as the very best in his sport. The Number One heavyweight on the most-watched network has a very nice ring to it."

Emelianenko, 33, headlined two U.S. events for Affliction Entertainment in July 2008 and January 2009 at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif, where he bested former UFC champions Tim Sylvia and Andrei Arlovski.

Rogers, 29, knocked out then top-three heavyweight Arlovski in a shocking 22 seconds at a Strikeforce event last June.

Strikeforce will also continue with plans to promote a Challengers event on Nov. 6 at the SaveMart Center in Fresno, Calif., Strikefroce CEO Scott Coker confirmed to Sherdog.com Thursday. It will be the first time the promotion has held back-to-back events.

-Z-
09-18-2009, 01:33 PM
I love free fights.

Mirko Cro Cop
09-18-2009, 01:38 PM
Awesome news, the first proper MMA main event to air on network tv (you can't really count Kimbo vs. Thompson as it was a joke).

War Strikeforce!!!!

-Z-
09-18-2009, 01:45 PM
Yeah, this will be huge. Stikeforce has to do something to compete with the UFC.

-Z-
09-30-2009, 01:11 PM
Former Chute Boxe Academy striking trainer Sérgio Cunha has been enlisted to coach Brett Rogers in his Nov. 7 bid against the world’s No. 1 heavyweight, Fedor Emelianenko, at Strikeforce “Fedor vs. Rogers.”

Cunha has relocated to Minneapolis with his wife and children for three months to work with the undefeated Rogers. The muay Thai instructor is impressed with the progress thus far.

“I prepared an intense and special program for him using all the videos and information that I have about Fedor,” said Cunha. “I’m really impressed with how focused and professional Brett is. If he keeps training that way, he will reach the fight in great shape.”

Considered one of Brazil’s most profound striking coaches, Cunha helped spur on Mauricio “Shogun” Rua to his first-round knockout against former UFC light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell at UFC 97 last April. In the past he has also worked with Wanderlei Silva, Anderson Silva, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and B.J. Penn.

Cunha said the 28-year-old Rogers’ chances of besting the unflappable Emelianenko are much greater than most are thinking.

“I've known Fedor for a long time. He’s a complete fighter, but I can guarantee that Brett has a great chance of winning,” said Cunha. “Most people who see him think he is just a big guy who got lucky against (Andrei) Arlovski, but I can tell you people are wrong, because Rogers is a pretty complete fighter and very versatile for a heavyweight fighter. Fedor is the man to beat and that is motivating him a lot and also myself. One thing I can predict -- people will be surprised by Brett.”

sherdog.com

Chmbrspns3
09-30-2009, 01:21 PM
I think Rogers might actually have a chance to do something, he might get knocked out on the first punch too, but I dont think he should be underestimated in this fight.

Plates
10-01-2009, 12:09 PM
To my knowledge, Rogers has never really been punched by anyone. He might have KO power, but can his chin stand the power of the greatest HW ever? That's the biggest question. I know if it goes to the ground, essentially he's fucked.

-Z-
10-10-2009, 12:15 AM
UFC and Dream veteran Jesse Taylor will square off with Luke Rockhold in a welterweight tilt at Strikeforce “Challengers Series 4” on Nov. 6 at the Save Mart Center in Fresno, Calif. Strikeforce Director of Communications Mike Afromowitz made the matchup official on Friday.

Based out of Team Quest, Taylor has posted seven wins in eight fights. The 26-year-old Californian last competed in August, when he dropped a unanimous decision to former International Fight League welterweight champion Jay Hieron. A product of Season 7 of “The Ultimate Fighter,” Taylor submitted to a CB Dollaway Peruvian necktie in his only appearance inside the Octagon.

Rockhold, meanwhile, has never gone the distance in six professional bouts. Spawned by the American Kickboxing Academy, he has rattled off four consecutive victories, all by submission, since his technical knockout loss to Tony Rubalcava at a Melee on the Mountain event in 2007. Rockhold has not competed since he submitted Cory Devela with a rear-naked choke four months ago.

In addition to the Taylor-Rockhold matchup, unbeaten heavyweight prospect Shane del Rosario will butt heads with Palace Fighting Championship veteran Brandon Cash. Del Rosario has finished all eight of his opponents, seven of them inside one round.

A lightweight bout pairing UFC veteran and Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt Jorge Gurgel with undefeated Californian Billy Evangelista will headline the Nov. 6 event, which will air on Showtime.

sherdog.com

-Z-
10-10-2009, 12:37 AM
YouTube - Fedor Emelianenko Highlight

-BLP-
10-10-2009, 12:53 AM
since fedor said no to ufc i dont care about him : (

-Z-
10-22-2009, 09:03 AM
Headlining bouts from UFC 101 through UFC 103 will air Nov. 7 on Spike TV at 9 p.m., the same time and date that Strikeforce will be making its debut on CBS.

Spike TV announced Wednesday that it will air the UFC 102 main event between Randy Couture and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, the UFC 103 main event between Vitor Belfort and Rich Franklin, and UFC 101’s featured bouts between Forrest Griffin and Anderson Silva and between B.J. Penn and Kenny Florian. The bouts, which have not appeared on cable, will be part of a two-hour telecast titled “UFC Main Events.”

Meanwhile, on CBS, No. 1-ranked heavyweight Fedor Emelianenko will meet an undefeated Brett Rogers. Also on the Strikeforce/M-1 Global co-promoted card is a middleweight title fight between Jake Shields and Jason "Mayhem" Miller.

sherdog.com

-Z-
10-22-2009, 03:37 PM
In anticipation of Strikeforce's Nov. 7 event and its headliner between famed Russian heavyweight Fedor Emelianenko (30-1) and Brett Rogers (10-0), Showtime will debut a preview show, "FIGHT CAMP 360: Fedor vs. Rogers," on Nov. 3.

The special airs at 9:30 p.m. ET/PT, and the CBS Television Network will also make the show available to its 203 affiliated stations for broadcast in advance of the fight.

"Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers," which is co-presented by M-1 Global, kicks off a multi-event deal between Strikeforce and CBS and puts MMA on major U.S. network television for the first time since EliteXC's short-lived run in 2008.

"FIGHT CAMP 360: Fedor vs. Rogers" follows both fighters as they prepare for their upcoming bout, which takes place at the Sears Centre near Chicago.

"Fedor is beyond captivating as a fighter, and more so, as a man," stated director Ron Yassen, who is embedded in Emelianenko's training camp in Stary Oskol, Russia. "It's a pure joy to film him so intimately as he strives for perfection in life and sport with grace and charm. While training for this most important match, he kindly opened up his life to us in and out of the ring, without the ego that often comes with being the very best at one's craft."

The "FIGHT CAMP 360" concept debuted earlier this year and profiled the competitors in Showtime's highly publicized six-man boxing tournament (the Super Six World Boxing Classic), which began this month. The success of that program led Showtime to produce an MMA-geared version for the Emelianenko vs. Rogers fight.

Replays are set for Nov. 3 (10 p.m. ET/PT on SHO2), Nov. 4 (11 p.m. on SHO2), Nov. 5 (10 p.m. on SHO2), Nov. 6 (10 p.m. on SHO2) and Nov. 7 (4:30 p.m. on SHO).

bringingthehuge
10-22-2009, 07:43 PM
Fedor hands down :yep:

-Z-
10-28-2009, 09:34 PM
http://www.sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop.php?image=http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/headers/20091028011808_erintoughillbig.JPG&width_size=570

Erin Toughill has withdrawn from her 145-pound title eliminator bout with Marloes Coenen at Strikeforce “Fedor vs. Rogers” on Nov. 7 in Hoffman Estates, Ill, outside Chicago.

Toughill confirmed her withdrawal with Sherdog.com via text due to “medical reasons,” but would not elaborate other than to note that she was on course to making weight for the bout. Toughill said she will take some time to recover and will compete again at a later date.

MMAWeekly.com was the first to report about the cancelled bout that would have likely secured the next challenger for Strikeforce women’s middleweight champion Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos.

It is not yet known if Coenen, a product of Holland’s Golden Glory team, will still compete on the card with a new opponent. The bout had been scheduled for the event’s undercard, but CBS and Strikeforce had said they intended to air the bout during the network’s live telecast if time permitted.

Strikeforce officials were not immediately available for comment.

Plates
10-29-2009, 08:58 AM
She must have her period that week or something.

-Z-
10-29-2009, 06:25 PM
http://www.sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop.php?image=http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/headers/20091029104116_brettrogerstall.JPG&width_size=570

Brett Rogers’ rise from blue-collar worker to heavyweight prospect will be one focus of the Showtime 30-minute documentary preview show “Fight Camp 360°,” which premieres Nov. 3 at 9:30 p.m. ET/PT on Showtime.

Rogers meets the world’s top-ranked heavyweight, Fedor Emelianenko, at Strikeforce “Fedor vs. Rogers” on Nov. 7 at the Sears Centre Arena in Hoffman Estates, Ill., outside Chicago.

“It’s been fun to share my story,” said Rogers in a release. “I feel that I am living the American success story. And I hope that others can take some level of inspiration from it.”

Rogers, a father of four, left his full-time job earlier this year as a tire technician for Sam’s Club in Minnesota to commit himself to the sport. The 28-year-old, undefeated striker said he’s had to grow accustomed to the added attention.

“The first few days the crew was here, it was a bit suffocating,” said Rogers. “To have them shadow me through my every move, not just in training, but at home with my family, during meals, everywhere. After a few days, though, I kind of got used to it.”

Mike Reilly, Rogers trainer, believes his fighter will surprise many with his improved game.

“We have new wrinkles in training, new sparring partners and sessions,” said Reilly. “With his striking in top form, I can have Brett focus on other facets of the game: grappling, submission defense, throws and kicks. We are coming in from new angles, we found a new range. We have taken conditioning to a new level. Fedor is in for a shock.”

FIGHT CAMP 360°: Fedor vs. Rogers

Nov. 3 -- 9:30 p.m. ET/PT (premiere) on Showtime, 10:00 p.m. on Sho2
Nov. 4 -- 11 p.m. Sho2
Nov. 5 -- 10 p.m. Sho2
Nov. 6 -- 10 p.m. Sho2
Nov. 7 -- 4:30 p.m. Showtime

http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20091029100219_brettrogerstraining1.JPG
Showtime Sports

Rogers (right) preparing with trainer Mike Reilly.

http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20091029100203_brettrogersandfamily.JPG
Showtime Sports

Rogers and family. sherdog.com

-Z-
10-29-2009, 06:27 PM
Fedor Vs. Rogers

-Z-
10-29-2009, 06:29 PM
Getting to know Brett Rogers

-Z-
10-29-2009, 06:30 PM
Jake Shields

-Z-
10-29-2009, 09:38 PM
i7wNX7mwiN4

-Z-
10-31-2009, 11:35 PM
Critics of Strikeforce and CBS' pre-fight build-up to the Nov. 7 event, "Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers," have questioned aloud why the network hasn't heavily utilized its NFL programming as a platform for advertisement.

That concern will be addressed on Sunday.

MMAjunkie.com has learned from sources close to the organization that main-event fighters Fedor Emelianenko and Brett Rogers are set to appear at Sunday's Chicago Bears vs. Cleveland Browns game at Soldier Field in Chicago. The pair will also be interviewed on the CBS Football Halftime Show.

Emelianenko and Rogers meet on Nov. 7 at Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates, Ill., a suburb of Chicago.

Additional sources close to the network indicated that the dual appearance will kick off a late flurry of marketing efforts to complement the advertising that is already in place.

In addition to the halftime show appearance, Emelianenko and Rogers will also be featured in the upcoming preview show, "FIGHT CAMP 360: Fedor vs. Rogers," which debuts on Showtime on Nov. 3.

"Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers," which is co-presented by M-1 Global, kicks off a multi-event deal between Strikeforce and CBS and puts MMA on major U.S. network television for the first time since EliteXC's short-lived run in 2008.

swoleoneday
11-05-2009, 10:35 AM
I hope Fedor dominates so we can keep the hype going to Lesnar v Fedor.

Dana has to do something to make this happen.

Plates
11-05-2009, 02:40 PM
zOaEG98YQhA

Plates
11-05-2009, 02:41 PM
XskgsPDD8ug

-Z-
11-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Brett Rogers

-Z-
11-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Rogers: Sam's Club to MMA

Plates
11-06-2009, 09:38 AM
Does anyone on the board believe Rogers is going to beat Fedor? Seriously??

DMC
11-06-2009, 03:16 PM
YouTube- FIGHT CAMP 360°: Fedor vs. Rogers

-Z-
11-06-2009, 03:44 PM
Tomorrow night guys...I'll be here doing play by play. I just want to see how well Fedor does.

DannyG
11-06-2009, 08:57 PM
Does anyone on the board believe Rogers is going to beat Fedor? Seriously??

I don't know but the odds are crazy. 25 bucks will pay you 100 on Rogers...i took it just for fun.

Plates
11-06-2009, 10:49 PM
Fucking hell, Fedor vs Rogers is going to be awesome. I can't wait to not even bother checking this thread for the result, or ever wondering or caring who won.

Fedor is a fucking joke and has been for four years.

Fedor is far from a joke. He has fought some top flight competition and beat them. I'm fully aware of how you feel about Fedor. But a joke? Come on dude....

-Z-
11-06-2009, 10:57 PM
I wouldn't say a joke, but he is very overrated.

-Z-
11-06-2009, 11:50 PM
Weigh-in pics

http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop/600/_images/pictures/20091106050805_IMG_6351.JPG

-Z-
11-06-2009, 11:51 PM
http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop/600/_images/pictures/20091106050805_IMG_6372.JPG

-Z-
11-06-2009, 11:52 PM
http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop/600/_images/pictures/20091106050805_IMG_6379.JPG

-Z-
11-06-2009, 11:53 PM
http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop/600/_images/pictures/20091106050854_IMG_6409.JPG

-Z-
11-06-2009, 11:53 PM
http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop/600/_images/pictures/20091106050854_IMG_6416.JPG

-Z-
11-06-2009, 11:54 PM
http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop/600/_images/pictures/20091106050948_IMG_6428.JPG

-Z-
11-06-2009, 11:55 PM
http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop/600/_images/pictures/20091106050948_IMG_6473.JPG

-Z-
11-06-2009, 11:57 PM
http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop/600/_images/pictures/20091106050805_IMG_6372.JPG

Most pathetic front double bi ever.

Plates
11-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Most pathetic front double bi ever.

rofl!!

natron
11-07-2009, 07:06 PM
anyone know of a live feed? i dont think i can watch this on my dish, its not listed on the guide on CBS or any other channel? WTF?

natron
11-07-2009, 07:15 PM
fuck off, is it not being shown in canada?

-Z-
11-07-2009, 07:33 PM
We'll find you one.

natron
11-07-2009, 07:36 PM
I think the main event may be alot more exciting than we think, or at least I'm hoping. There is a bit of me that hopes fedor loses

-Z-
11-07-2009, 07:56 PM
I think the main event may be alot more exciting than we think, or at least I'm hoping. There is a bit of me that hopes fedor loses

I think most of us have a little bit of that.

-Z-
11-07-2009, 08:16 PM
In case you guys are bored you can flip the channel to spike. They are replaying a bunch of fights. Wand vs Liddell right now.

Ninja Loco
11-07-2009, 08:16 PM
*yawn*

-Z-
11-07-2009, 08:19 PM
*yawn*

I know, but it's good background noise.

Ninja Loco
11-07-2009, 08:20 PM
Wake me after he's "won".

natron
11-07-2009, 08:20 PM
haha, no doubt

natron
11-07-2009, 08:21 PM
what are your predictions for the fight Ninja and Z?

I'm gonna say fedor submission early in the second round

-Z-
11-07-2009, 08:22 PM
Fedor, round 2, arm bar

So, same as you.

-Z-
11-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Christian Uflacker vs. Jonatas Novaes
Round 1
This battle of Chicago lightweights is overseen by referee Mike Reed. Uflacker starts the round shooting in and securing a double leg. He passes the BJJ black belt’s guard and starts to work from half. Uflacker is attempting to work by landing rabbit punches to the body, but not much is happening. Novaes lands punches to the top of his opponent’s head, but nothing substantial. Novaes gives up his back and stands, but Uflacker finds himself on his back. Uflacker looks for a leg and uses it to get back on top in the Brazilian’s half guard. The referee stands the two lightweights up and they engage again. Novaes grazes his opponent with a head kick but is taken down. Uflacker finishes the round on top. 10-9 Uflacker.

http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20091107043728_uflacker.JPG
(http://www.sherdog.com/pictures/gallery/fighter/f_36618/100170/48)Dave Mandel/Sherdog.com

Uflacker vs. Novaes.

Round 2
Uflacker shoots at the beginning of the second frame but is stuffed. The fighters clinch against the cage and Novaes finds himself on top in guard. Uflacker kicks his opponent away, but Novaes dives back into the guard. Uflacker is working a rubber guard, which is neutralizing his opponent. The referee stands them up. Uflacker wastes little time in securing a double-leg takedown. Uflacker moves to half guard and works some punches to the body. Uflacker continues to work from his opponent’s guard, but isn’t landing anything hard. Novaes attempts a sweep, but his Uflacker doesn’t give in. The round expires with Uflacker working from half. 10-9 Uflacker.

Round 3
Uflacker shoots in and secures another takedown after some failed kick attempts from Novaes. Novaes stands and soccer kicks the grounded Uflacker in the head and he is in immense pain. The doctor comes in to look at the downed fighter. Uflacker gets to his feet and is helped up by a doctor. It doesn’t appear he is interested in continuing. He is becoming more cognizant of what is going on and the doctor leaves the cage. It appears that he is interested in continuing. The referee talked to the judges and deducts two points. The fight continues and Uflacker gets back to his bread and butter, takedowns. Novaes senses the urgency in the later going and is working for anything off of his back, but nothing is there. The referee stands the fighters back up and it isn’t long before Uflacker secures another takedown and lands in the Brazilian’s guard. Uflacker continues to work with punches to the body as the round and fight comes to an end. 10-7 Christian Uflacker.

The judges score it 29-26 and 30-25 (twice) all for Christian Uflacker, who takes the unanimous decision.

-Z-
11-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Louis Taylor vs. Nate Moore
Round 1
The fighters touch gloves to start the contest. Taylor comes out as a southpaw and walks forward in to a Moore low kick. The two men clinch and Moore has his back to the cage. Taylor looks to dirty box with his opponent. The two men separate and Taylor lands a left and right hook on the way out. Back in the clinch, the referee separates them and warns Taylor about grabbing the shorts. Once action resumes, Moore wastes little time and shoots, putting the Chicago native on his back. From there Taylor posts to all fours and works a single.. After a scramble Moore gets back on top and Taylor posts to all fours again. Moore rides the back and works rabbit punches to the head and body. Taylor works back to his feet, but Moore is all over him in the clinch. The round expires. 10-9 Moore.

http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20091107050320_moore.JPG
(http://www.sherdog.com/pictures/gallery/fighter/f_36618/100171/48)Dave Mandel/Sherdog.com

Taylor vs. Moore.

Round 2
The second frame starts with a teep kick from Taylor and a left hook, right straight answer from Moore. The fighters clinch, and after a brief moment the referee separates them to take a point away from Taylor for grabbing the shorts. After the action is resumed, Moore works for a takedown and succeeds. Moore takes the back of Taylor and puts his hooks in. Moore flattens his opponent and lands some shots to the side of Taylor’s head. Moore paces himself and picks his shots. The referee steps in after Taylor taps to the strikes. Nate Moore defeats Louis Taylor by submission due to strikes at 3:24 of round two.

-Z-
11-07-2009, 08:26 PM
Shamar Bailey vs. John Kolosci
Round 1
The two welterweights touch gloves to start the bout. Bailey feints a job and explodes in to a double leg taking Kolosci to the mat. The Indiana native moves to side, but Kolosci moves back to half and eventually gets to his feet. Bailey secures the legs of “The Ultimate Fighter” veteran and gets him to the mat. Bailey looks for a guillotine and drops back to guard, but Kolosci is out of it and looks to work from guard. Bailey gets his base on all fours and stands up. Bailey uses the space to shoot and score another double-leg takedown. Kolosci looks for a guillotine, but nothing is there. Bailey moves to half. Kolosci is able to stand and the fighters clinch and exchange underhooks. The round ends after another Bailey takedown off of a flurry of glancing punches from Kolosci. 10-9 Bailey.

Round 2

http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20091107050343_bailey.JPG
(http://www.sherdog.com/pictures/gallery/fighter/f_36618/100172/48)Dave Mandel/Sherdog.com

Bailey vs. Kolosci.

Kolosci opens the round with a head kick that misses. Bailey shoots and starts his second round offensive from Kolosci’s guard. Kolosci battles to get back to his feet and from the clinch drops down for a single. Bailey shrugs him off and gets on top. He moves to half and briefly isolates an arm to gain the crucifix position, but Kolosci easily gets out. Back to the feet off of a scramble and Kolosci gets double under hooks. Bailey, who is showing he is the much better wrestler, pummels and puts Kolosci’s back in to the cage. Bailey lowers for the legs of his opponent and works for another takedown. Kolosci fights the attempt for as long as he can, but refuses to put his back to the mat. Bailey stands and lands an illegal knee to the head of Kolosci. Referee David Smith wastes little time stepping in and taking a point. Once action is restarted,
the two clinch and finish the round standing with Kolosci’s
back to the cage. Sherdog.com scores the round 9-9.

Round 3
Bailey comes out aggressive in the third frame and starts the final stanza looking for another takedown. Working a single leg, Bailey forces Kolosci back in to the cage, where he sucks out the legs and finds himself in Kolosci’s guard. Bailey stacks and steps back from his opponent, allowing Kolosci to get back to his feet. Bailey shoots immediately to secure another takedown. Kolosci works his way back to his feet but it’s only a matter of time until Bailey takes the fight to the floor once again. With two minutes remaining, Bailey looks to work from half. The two men find themselves in the clinch again, and Kolosci lands a grazing right to the chin of Bailey, but cannot do anything after another successful takedown by his opponent. The fight concludes with the same pattern. Bailey gets a takedown, Kolosci stands, and Bailey gets another takedown. 10-9 Shamar Bailey.

-Z-
11-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Jeff Curran vs. Dustin Neace
Round 1
The WEC and UFC veteran opens the bout with left lead kicks to the legs of Neace. Curran then lands a left and a right and looks for a takedown. “The Big Frog” puts his opponent into the cage and the fighters circle against the fence. Curran lands a devastating knee to the body of Neace from the clinch, and Neace screams in agony. He wants no part of the fight as he turns his back to Curran telling the referee his is done. Neace submits due to a rib injury at 1:39 of the opening frame.

-Z-
11-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Roxanne Modafferi vs. Marloes Coenen
Round 1
The fighters meet in the center of the cage and Coenen wastes little time letting her hands go. The Dutch fighter stumbles Modafferi with a left and right that land flush. Modaferri engages again but is rocked by more of Coenen’s punches. Modafferi secures a takedown but Coenen brings her guard high and locks in a fight ending armbar. Marloes Coenen defeats Roxanne Modaferri by armbar at 1:05 of the first.

Ninja Loco
11-07-2009, 08:35 PM
what are your predictions for the fight Ninja and Z?

I'm gonna say fedor submission early in the second round
Sorry.... couldnt keep from yawning long enough to answer..... but uh, yeah..... what he did.

natron
11-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Z, I got it, the channel guide was updated and it is on, thanks anyhow

-Z-
11-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Sweet

Plates
11-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Are there fights tonight? :D

natron
11-07-2009, 09:01 PM
shes getting started motherfuckers!

God I love free fight nights!!!

-Z-
11-07-2009, 09:03 PM
Are there fights tonight? :D

Nope, I'm watching Lifetime.

Plates
11-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Im just happy I dont have to look for feeds tonight

-Z-
11-07-2009, 09:06 PM
Frank Shamrock's braces are cute.

natron
11-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Im just happy I dont have to look for feeds tonight

no doubt!

Shamrock is ugly as fuck!

Plates
11-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Frank Shamrock's braces are cute.

I thought Nick Diaz broke them out and throat fucked him.

-Z-
11-07-2009, 09:10 PM
Yeah, this is a new set.

Plates
11-07-2009, 09:11 PM
Oh, gotcha. This will be a good fight here

-Z-
11-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Go Silva

Plates
11-07-2009, 09:15 PM
Go ape chin!

natron
11-07-2009, 09:20 PM
failry even, still pulling for silva though

-Z-
11-07-2009, 09:20 PM
That chin is ridiculous.

Plates
11-07-2009, 09:24 PM
His feet are a gag! Looks like he twisted both ankles or something

-Z-
11-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Antonio Silva vs. Fabricio Werdum
Round 1
Silva clips Werdum with a left hook. Werdum storms forward throwing leather and is cracked by a counter-right hand. Werdum falls face first to the canvas and Silva unloads with punches. A diving right hand lands flush and drives the crowd into a frenzy. Silva continues to unload, but Werdum weathers the storm and gets to his feet. Silva lands a snapping low kick to the right leg of his prey. Werdum lands a clean right hook to the jaw of Silva, but the bigger fighter isn’t fazed. Werdum is getting picked apart as he windmills his strikes.

Plates
11-07-2009, 09:29 PM
I should have drove up there tonight. The lower bowl was $300 a ticket tho

-Z-
11-07-2009, 09:31 PM
http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20091107063942_werdum.JPG
(http://www.sherdog.com/pictures/gallery/fighter/f_36618/100173/48)Dave Mandel/Sherdog.com

Werdum vs. Silva.

Round 2
Werdum puts his head down and charges forward with a flurry of punches. Silva stands firm and knocks him backwards to the canvas. Silva engages from the top while standing before diving into half guard. Werdum baits him in and sweeps. Werdum is working from the top in half guard, but Silva is game. He stands and eats a knee to the chin in the process. The pace slows as Werdum clinches with his opponent against the fence. The crowd boos the lack of action. Todd Frederickson separates the fighters, and Werdum scoops a single. From half guard, Werdum is looking for an arm-triangle choke. Werdum passes to side control and Silva scrambles. Werdum hits a kneebar that fails. Time expires in the second.

-Z-
11-07-2009, 09:32 PM
You get a better view at home.

Plates
11-07-2009, 09:33 PM
Yup. They still had ring side seating for $500 a pop. No thanks.

natron
11-07-2009, 09:34 PM
close fight, I could almost give this to wardum technicaly

guess i was right there, you guys agree?

-Z-
11-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Too expensive.

I think the decision could have went either way.

Plates
11-07-2009, 09:35 PM
wow. I dunno about that decision. I gave Werdum the 3rd round 4 for sure. Not 1 or 2.

natron
11-07-2009, 09:39 PM
My decision was silva first round, wardum narrowly in the second just for technical aspect, again wardum in the 3rd

TPT
11-07-2009, 09:39 PM
whats up fellas. im on.

werdum looked improved. striking was great. he definately got round 2 and 3.

-Z-
11-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Round 3
Silva attacks the lead leg of Werdum with low kicks. Werdum goes top the clinch and hits the left side of Silva’s body with his right hand. Werdum lands a low kick of his own and trips Silva to the mat. Silva turns his back, and Werdum capitalizes with punches to the head. Silva stands and absorbs two knees to the chin from the Thai plum. Werdum tries to defend Silva’s hands with head movement alone, and pays for it as three sharp punches connect. Werdum answers with a knee that grazes the face. A right-hand lead scores for Werdum. Werdum throws Silva to the mat and briefly has his back. Silva gets to half guard, where he takes three hammerfists on the lips.

All three official judges see the bout 29-28 for Fabricio Werdum, who takes the unanimous decision.

Plates
11-07-2009, 09:41 PM
whats up fellas. im on.

werdum looked improved. striking was great. he definately got round 2 and 3.
Whats up broly. I was going to give the 2nd round to Werdum, but since he got knocked on his rectum in 10 seconds of the round, i went the other way

-Z-
11-07-2009, 09:43 PM
Gegard Mousasi vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou is up next.

dublin-lifter
11-07-2009, 09:47 PM
anyone any streams for the fedor fight

-Z-
11-07-2009, 09:48 PM
Mousasi is extremly confident and very relaxed.

-Z-
11-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Sokoudjou ia putting up a good fight though.

Plates
11-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Looking good. Mousasi needs to get busy though

-Z-
11-07-2009, 09:55 PM
Round 1
Mousasi lands a stiff jab to get the action started. Mousasi connects with a head kick and Soukoudjou scores with a left to the body and an uppercut. Two straight kicks slap the cup of Soukoudjou. Soukoudjou pieces together a jab, low-kick combo and Mousasi taunts him. Sokoudjou lands another hard left to the body and throws Mousasi to the canvas. Mousasi gets to his feet and tries to trip his opponent, but Soukoudjou takes the top position. Mousasi reverses the tide before the horn sounds.

natron
11-07-2009, 09:55 PM
thats was an exciting fight, moussasi looks great!

natron
11-07-2009, 09:56 PM
his composure is brilliant

-Z-
11-07-2009, 09:57 PM

Exactly, he wastes zero energy.

-Z-
11-07-2009, 09:58 PM
Round 2
The fight goes to the clinch, and Mousasi lands knees to the thigh and body. Mousasi opens up with his hands and eats a right-hand counter for his efforts. Mousasi again tries to trip his opponent, but he ends up on the bottom, as Sokoudjou shows excellent strength and balance. Mousasi uses a kimura to sweep. From the guard, Mousasi exclusively throws power punches from both hands. Sokoudjou absorbs many of them clean. Sokoudjou rolls over to his side and covers as Mousasi unloads with his right hand. Referee Dave Smith has seen enough. He saves Sokoudjou at 3:43 of round two.

http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20091107070704_mousasi.JPG
(http://www.sherdog.com/pictures/gallery/fighter/f_36618/100174/48)Dave Mandel/Sherdog.com

Mousasi vs. Sokoudjou.

DICE
11-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Ninja Assasin. Fuck ya.

-Z-
11-07-2009, 10:02 PM
http://www.justin.tv/survivorseries

-Z-
11-07-2009, 10:04 PM
http://mbw-tv.forumotion.com/Live-Streams-h1.htm

This one is better.

-Z-
11-07-2009, 10:05 PM
I hate it when people dance in their entrance. It's gay and you deserve to be KOed.

Plates
11-07-2009, 10:05 PM

He will be a great fighter int he future. His composure was great. However, if he left his chin open like that with top tier opponent he would go to sleep

natron
11-07-2009, 10:06 PM
Ninja Assasin. Fuck ya.

Looks early 90's awesome!!!

-Z-
11-07-2009, 10:07 PM
^lol

natron
11-07-2009, 10:07 PM
I hate it when people dance in their entrance. It's gay and you deserve to be KOed.

Second that, this MTV motherfucker deserves a knee to the head

Plates
11-07-2009, 10:10 PM
nice gyno Jake

-Z-
11-07-2009, 10:10 PM
He's got a touch.

TPT
11-07-2009, 10:13 PM

that was me at the club last night. wit better dancing.

Plates
11-07-2009, 10:13 PM
and a touch of back acne. Hope he passes the post fight

-Z-
11-07-2009, 10:14 PM
and a touch of back acne. Hope he passes the post fight

I'm sure he will, he looks like a good cheater.

TPT
11-07-2009, 10:15 PM
Looks early 90's awesome!!!

early 90s baby!

who dont love ninjas?!

Plates
11-07-2009, 10:16 PM
Miller is making a ton of mistakes. I think he was trying to get points or something. But Jason would kill Jake on the feet

natron
11-07-2009, 10:17 PM
early 90s baby!

who dont love ninjas?!

Fuck yeah

-Z-
11-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Jake Shields vs. Jason "Mayhem" Miller
Round 1
Shields gets a double-leg takedown right at the bell. He looks for an inverted kneebar and then transitions to Miller’s back. Miller stands and is taken back down. Shields fights for position and Miller gets to his feet. Miller picks Shields up and deposits him with a slam. He can’t hold Shields down. Miller then lands a suplex and takes side control. The frame ends as Shields turns his back.

-Z-
11-07-2009, 10:21 PM
Miller is much better then I expected.

TPT
11-07-2009, 10:22 PM
awesome match so far. miller on crazy defense. first and second gos to shields.

natron
11-07-2009, 10:23 PM
great technical fight, miller is looking better than I thought, but i still got him losing both rounds

-Z-
11-07-2009, 10:27 PM
Round 2
The fighters clash in the center of the cage and Miller lands a right hand. Shields is cut on the bridge of his nose. Miller gets a takedown, and Shields scrambles to take the top. Miller looks for a kneebar. Shields avoids danger and locks up a banana split. Shields stays in the position for several seconds, but he can’t finish the hold. Shields moves to Miller’s back with both hooks. Shields sinks his arm under the chin in search of a rear-naked choke. Miller escapes and ends up on top.

Plates
11-07-2009, 10:27 PM
Miller is a better fighter than many think. Miller needs to step it up. He can win this fight

Plates
11-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Fuuuuuuuuuuuckkk!

TPT
holy chokes. lucky bastard.

-Z-
WOW! I thought it was over, he almost tapped.

natron
11-07-2009, 10:30 PM
wow, a nothing 60 seconds on the clock and that coulda been it

dublin-lifter
11-07-2009, 10:31 PM
thanks man

Plates
11-07-2009, 10:32 PM
Most people would have been out. Shields is used to being choked on a regular basis. A few more seconds, he would have been in wicked trouble

-Z-
11-07-2009, 10:32 PM
Round 3
Miller slams Shields to the floor to start the third period. Shields quickly gets to his feet, where he promptly returns the favor with a takedown of his own. Shields controls the head from side control. Shields briefly takes the mount before going back to half guard. Shields punches the body and goes back to the mount. Miller gives up his back and Shields locks in both hooks. Shields gets too aggressive, and Miller bucks him off. The fighters stand and referee “Big” John McCarthy calls a timeout to retape the gloves of Miller. The fight is restarted back in the clinch against the fencing. Shields trips Miller to the mat and begins to work from half guard. Miller gets a reversal and ends up on Shields’ back. Miller sinks a rear-naked choke and it’s tight. All Sheilds can do is hold on and wait five seconds for the bell. He makes it. Shields is clearly saved by the bell.

-Z-
11-07-2009, 10:37 PM
My scores...

RD1- Miller
RD2- Shields
RD3- Miller
RD4- Shields

-Z-
11-07-2009, 10:37 PM
Round 4
Shields gets a quick takedown and does absolutely nothing with it. McCarthy gives him two minutes to work before standing the fighters. Miller lands a knee and then gets taken down attempting another. Shields advances to the mount, where he sets up an arm-triangle choke. Miller easily escapes, but gives up his back in the process. Both fighters are fatigued, but the action on the floor does not slow much. Miller rolls and Shields goes to side control. Miller gets to half guard before the horn.

DICE
11-07-2009, 10:38 PM
this is awesome

DICE
11-07-2009, 10:39 PM
miller needs to go ape crazy now

Plates
11-07-2009, 10:39 PM
My scores... My scores

RD1- Miller - Shields
RD2- Shields - Shields
RD3- Miller - Miller
RD4- Shields - Shields

DICE
11-07-2009, 10:41 PM
shields juiced up to gain 4 lbs?

Plates
11-07-2009, 10:42 PM

Very. Check out the acne and gyno

-Z-
11-07-2009, 10:42 PM

lol, yep.

Well you gotta give it to Shields, even though Miller won me over.

-Z-
11-07-2009, 10:43 PM
Anytime

natron
11-07-2009, 10:43 PM
i got straight sheilds, just too dominate.

natron
11-07-2009, 10:44 PM
I really dislike sheilds now though, fuck hes boring. I was really hoping for miller after the first 45 seconds of the fight

-Z-
11-07-2009, 10:45 PM
Round 5
Shields lands a right hook to kickoff the final stage. Shields positions himself tightly against Miller’s frame and gets a trip takedown. Shields wastes little time before moving to mount. Miller gives up his back while trying to free himself from Shields dominant control. Shields has a body triangle locked on from the back as he punches the head with his right hand. Two minutes remain in the fight. Miller turns into his opponent and takes the top. Shields gets a quick sweep and avoids a Miller guillotine. Back in the mount is Shields. Miller gets to his feet before the horn signals the end of the bout.

Jakes Shields takes the unanimous decision with scores of 48-47 and 49-46 (twice).

-Z-
Here we go Fedor vs. Rogers is next!

TPT
ok muthas. call it now. whos bettin on rogers?

DICE
i seen that, just kinda pathetic .

Plates
11-07-2009, 10:46 PM
Miller had the tools to win. He wanted to jack off and show the world he could roll with a top level grappler and survive. Just ignorant.

DICE
11-07-2009, 10:46 PM
i like fedor. his demeanor is the shit.he fights just like it's another day

-Z-
11-07-2009, 10:47 PM
There's nothing wrong with jacking off.

-Z-
Fedor will pull it out.

Plates
There's nothing wrong with jacking off.

lol!

-Z-
11-07-2009, 10:50 PM
About 30% of me wants Rogers to get the upset. People would go fucking crazy. All the Fedor huggers would freak.

TPT
11-07-2009, 10:50 PM
fedor wins by tko rd 1.

DICE
11-07-2009, 10:52 PM
plus i just have mucho respect for fedor. say what you want, he will always be the man.

TPT
11-07-2009, 10:53 PM
im so nut-huggin!

DICE
11-07-2009, 10:53 PM
fyi, i partied with bas rutten. truth. i know it's off topic, just thought i'd share. since we are all hanging out.

TPT
11-07-2009, 10:55 PM
that ea mma game looks good.

-Z-
11-07-2009, 10:56 PM
fyi, i partied with bas rutten. truth. i know it's off topic, just thought i'd share. since we are all hanging out.

Details, Bas is the man.

that ea mma game looks good.

Yeah, I wanna try it.

-BLP-
11-07-2009, 10:59 PM
i think i never seen so much advertisement

TPT
no grand entrance for fedor.

bullshit.

DICE
bas loves the coke.he is the man. i got him to call my buddy and wake him up. my buddy LOVES bas . it was awesome night.

holy f. look at rogers stats.....

DICE
11-07-2009, 11:00 PM
im vibrating.......

DICE
11-07-2009, 11:00 PM
f e d o r

DICE
11-07-2009, 11:01 PM
no glove love

TPT
no gloves!

-Z-
Rogers has titties.

-Z-
11-07-2009, 11:02 PM
Fedor looks like Rudolph

DICE
11-07-2009, 11:04 PM
holy fuck

TPT
i got heart palpatations!

-Z-
Fedor's pissed.

-Z-
11-07-2009, 11:05 PM
HOLY FUCK! This is great!

DICE
they better not stop this fucker

Plates
thats a nice little gash

DICE
11-07-2009, 11:06 PM
omg

DICE
11-07-2009, 11:07 PM
holy gash hey

-Z-
11-07-2009, 11:08 PM
I don't think his nose is broke but the gash a nice size. I dont think they will stop it from that cut.

DICE
win or lose rogers wins

-Z-
Round 1
Fedor is cut right on the noise right of the bat from a jab by Rodgers. Fedor swings wildly with both hands and misses short. Fedor cracks Rogers with a right hand and throws him effortlessly to the mat. Rogers is game as he quickly gets to his feet and clinches with icon against the fence. Fedor’s nose is a mess. He’s breathing from his mouth and wiping his nose. Rogers gets off the fence and gets mauled by a Fedor right hand. Fedor unloads with haymakers are pushes the off-balanced Rogers down. Rogers tees off with punches from the top and Fedor is busted wide open. Blood is pouring from the face of Fedor. Emelianenko goes for an armbar and Rogers has none of it. Fedor takes the top position and looks for an arm triangle. Rogers escapes. Great opening round, but Fedor’s face is jacked.

Plates
11-07-2009, 11:09 PM
Fedor better get to work.

-Z-
11-07-2009, 11:09 PM
Fedor's boxing is extra sloppy and Rogers is being calm and cool.

DICE
11-07-2009, 11:10 PM
Fuck ya

Plates
Oooouuuuch!!!!

TPT
wtf! im so huggn!

-Z-
It's over! KO Fedor! Rogers is KOed 2nd round.

DICE
living legend.I think they should have waited to stop it though

-Z-
11-07-2009, 11:11 PM
wtf! im so huggn!

Hell, I might be after that.

TPT
11-07-2009, 11:11 PM
the yankees win! the yankees win!

-Z-
11-07-2009, 11:12 PM
living legend.I think they should have waited to stop it though

It was a tad early but Rogers was done.

DICE
11-07-2009, 11:13 PM
people booing, fukin retards

DICE
11-07-2009, 11:14 PM
I'm amazed that all over the world when I travel, americans expect everyone to speak english. ignorant .

DICE
11-07-2009, 11:15 PM
rematch would rule

TPT
11-07-2009, 11:15 PM
rematch? stupid f'n question.

DICE
11-07-2009, 11:16 PM
why not he says.haha. love the guy

-Z-
When you fight is the States and you're as popular as Fedor I expect you to speak english.

Plates
If you have a DVR, go back and listen to the KO. It was a beast!!

natron
sorry fellas, i was way too into that, i was catchin shit from the ol lady, haha

Plates
rematch? stupid f'n question.

Thats what my buddy and I just said. lmao!!!

natron
11-07-2009, 11:17 PM
yeah, the snap from that punch was fierce!

DICE
11-07-2009, 11:18 PM
rogers just lost a lot of my respect

TPT
sorry fellas, i was way too into that, i was catchin shit from the ol lady, haha

natron on lock down! lol.

DICE
When you fight is the States and you're as popular as Fedor I expect you to speak english.
really?

natron
11-07-2009, 11:19 PM
well, she was sitting on my lap and i was jumpin all over screaming (that sounds good hey?)

TPT
11-07-2009, 11:19 PM
so a successful night for strikeforce.

what do you guys think?

natron
11-07-2009, 11:20 PM
rogers just lost a lot of my respect

He never had any of mine, he is too outta shape to do ANYTHING special, unfortunately

TPT
11-07-2009, 11:20 PM
well, she was sitting on my lap and i was jumpin all over screaming (that sounds good hey?)

haha! nice. you cant get up so abruptly.

Plates
11-07-2009, 11:21 PM
What do I think? My buddy and I just watched the KO about 30 times with the volume on 50. lol!!!

A very good night for Strikeforce. I want to see if my prediction with Hendo actually happens now.

DICE
he should have been coached to be a man when he lost. I know he was pissed , but he lost TO THE BEST FIGHTER TO HAVE EVER FOUGHT MMA... I'ts okay to lose to him...

natron
so a successful night for strikeforce.

what do you guys think?

I'd say so.

THe hype behind fedor is kinda getting sickening though, the way they announced him the winner kinda irratated me

DICE
11-07-2009, 11:22 PM
k, my bitch is going cock crazy...i'm out.

natron
11-07-2009, 11:22 PM
he should have been coached to be a man when he lost. I know he was pissed , but he lost TO THE BEST FIGHTER TO HAVE EVER FOUGHT MMA... I'ts okay to lose to him...

disagree with that statement, Gracie IS, and will always be the best fighter, outside of Bruce Lee of course!!!

-Z-
11-07-2009, 11:24 PM
Man he got fucking drilled. I gotta find that gif.

natron
11-07-2009, 11:27 PM
Man he got fucking drilled. I gotta find that gif.

sounded like the ultimate t-bag

Plates
11-07-2009, 11:28 PM
Rogers is a sore loser. Frustrating of course, but very unprofessional.

Bolan
11-07-2009, 11:53 PM
Whudda THUD!
I thought the only good fight was the Fedor and Rogers fight.

Seems like the other fights, nobody had any snap in their punches.

UFC is much better, with better fighters IMO.

-Z-
11-07-2009, 11:57 PM
Whudda THUD!
I thought the only good fight was the Fedor and Rogers fight.

Seems like the other fights, nobody had any snap in their punches.

UFC is much better, with better fighters IMO.

Agreed.

There's about a half dozen or so fighters who should be in the UFC and then we could see all the fights we should be seeing.

-BLP-
11-08-2009, 12:14 AM
Agreed.

There's about a half dozen or so fighters who should be in the UFC and then we could see all the fights we should be seeing.

well said

Ryan Wacht
11-08-2009, 12:37 AM
I hope sergei can pull it off.

vboissiere
11-08-2009, 02:34 AM
Not the most impressive looking fighters I've ever seen...

TheTransformator
11-08-2009, 04:19 AM
It could have gone either way...Rogers misses alot of experience...he showed alot of potential...Fedor is Fedor...I'm always wondering how well he would do in the UFC...we'll probably never know...

-Z-
11-08-2009, 10:31 AM
http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr77/toropreto/Fedor%20vs%20Rogers/8.gif

TheTransformator
11-08-2009, 11:15 AM
http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr77/toropreto/Fedor%20vs%20Rogers/8.gif

That was pretty brutal...

ebfitness
11-08-2009, 04:19 PM
I liked the part where Rogers got murdered.

-Z-
11-08-2009, 04:24 PM
I liked the part where Rogers got murdered.

Haven't found it yet. But I will.

-Z-
11-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Found it

http://i34.tinypic.com/168yjr4.gif

ebfitness
11-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Found it

http://i34.tinypic.com/168yjr4.gif
Gracias.

DannyG
11-08-2009, 11:11 PM
That was pretty brutal...

Yeah it was especially with the type of power Rogers has.