PDA

View Full Version : NABBA Figure

Sledge
02-23-2009, 09:24 PM
I must say I like the physiques of the NABBA figure girls more than the IFBB. It seems NABBA stuck to the ideal that Figure was about women bodybuilders who wern't "too big".

The NABBA figure girls also have to do a posing routine and mandatorys.

http://www.worldfitnessfederation.de/nabba/frame1/p4_uni08.html
http://www.worldfitnessfederation.de/nabba/frame1/p4_uni07.html

Is this what figure really should be?

Sledge
02-23-2009, 09:30 PM
Some more. and Woo Coral Moody's in this lot too.

http://www.worldfitnessfederation.de/nabba/frame1/nabba_p5_WM_08.html
http://www.worldfitnessfederation.de/nabba/frame1/nabba_p4_WM_08.html

dislikeschmoes
02-23-2009, 09:38 PM
To me that is bodybuilding. I like our figure girls much better. Jenny Lynn, Zivile whatshername....they rock.

GirlyMuscle
02-23-2009, 09:43 PM
NABBA figure girls are what the proposed Classic bodybuilding would be.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
02-23-2009, 09:44 PM
I must say I like the physiques of the NABBA figure girls more than the IFBB. It seems NABBA stuck to the ideal that Figure was about women bodybuilders who wern't "too big".

The NABBA figure girls also have to do a posing routine and mandatorys.

http://www.worldfitnessfederation.de/nabba/frame1/p4_uni08.html
http://www.worldfitnessfederation.de/nabba/frame1/p4_uni07.html

Is this what figure really should be?

YES :D I think the Figure girls in the IFBB would enjoy the competition and the preparation for it a lot more.

Aaron Singerman
02-23-2009, 09:50 PM

I TOTALLY agree! The IFBB should take a lesson from the NABBA!

miss figure
02-24-2009, 05:05 AM
For me Nabba was always the perfect federation, at the universe level which these photos are from the girls are espected to have hardness and some muscle, but they are always espected to be uber feminie and have sex appeal although its to said in the citerea.
Plus i know i wouldnt want to go though the diet and training just to go on stage and do the quater turns.
Nabba uk have introduced a toned class which is more like the bikini class but the judges have the same problems in deciding what they are looking for

xx

Malika
02-24-2009, 08:06 AM
To me that is bodybuilding. I like our figure girls much better. Jenny Lynn, Zivile whatshername....they rock.

Surely Figure girls are also "bodybuilders"...

We are not as big as physique females bb but we are still doing the same sport...

I'm with Rachel here: it would really annoy me to train 7 days/week & diet 12-14 weeks to only turn around 4 times on stage. I don't think a competitor can show all the hard work she went through by keeping her arms close to her body & her feet together...

I like doing my compulsories!:D

GirlyMuscle
02-24-2009, 08:17 AM
I agree. I think our figure athletes should be of the same caliber and muscle as the NABBA athletes. I used to really like figure before they came out with the 20% rule. I believe women like Monica Brant Peckem (sp?) looked amazing with more muscle. Look at her in 2003. Perfection. Then the 20% rule and she dieted off all that muscle. Sad.

Just my opinion..in the NPC there should be either figure, bikini and fbbing or figure, classic bodybuilding and regular bodybuilding.

What are the classifications for women athletes in NABBA and what is the criteria for each class?

Sledge
02-24-2009, 08:51 AM

Umm figure girls are suposed to be bodybuilders. thats why they compete in a bodybuilding federation at bodybuilding competitions and why we discuss them on a bodybuilding site.

Sledge
02-24-2009, 08:57 AM
What are the classifications for women athletes in NABBA and what is the criteria for each class?

For figure
Class 2 - Up to and including 1.63 M
Class 1 - Over 1.63 M

Physique is just one class i think.

Sledge
02-24-2009, 08:59 AM
http://www.worldfitnessfederation.de/nabba/frame1/na_int3.html

GirlyMuscle
02-24-2009, 08:59 AM
Physique is the equivalent of our bodybuilding classes?

Angela123
02-24-2009, 09:04 AM
im a huge fan of this look. love it.

miss figure
02-24-2009, 09:05 AM
These are the offical citereas

LADIES FIGURE
The agreed NABBA International criteria requirement for the Ladies FIGURE judging is as follows:
The emphasis must be on feminine shape and proportion, while retaining a ´trained look´and a low body fat levels, but not carrying development or definition to an extreme that could be classed as unfeminine. It should not have the degree of development, definition, separation or striation of the female Physique competitor.

LADIES PHYSIQUE
The agreed NABBA International criteria requirements for the ladies PHYSIQUE
(1 category) is as follows: The emphasis must be on Feminine Shape, without the heavy muscular development desirable
in the male. Balanced development and muscular separation are desirable, but must not be carried to an extreme that would render the physique asexual or competitive on equal terms
with a male bodybuilder.

miss figure
02-24-2009, 09:06 AM
Physique is the equivalent of our bodybuilding classes?

yes but nabba dont have different weight classes

xx

GirlyMuscle
02-24-2009, 09:06 AM
im a huge fan of this look. love it.
You would be prefect for NABBA figure. Maybe you should come over to Australia for a visit next winter when I'm there. It will be their summer and comp season. You could do a show and then we can party up in Oz!

Angela123
02-24-2009, 09:10 AM
hahaha....okie dokie. sounds like a plan. i will start saving up money now.

mmmm...austrailia...ill find me a hot sexy aussie.

chris250
02-24-2009, 09:10 AM
Personally I think Figure should have this look...Brings more to the stage, and then you would know what to look for...

miss figure
02-24-2009, 09:12 AM
I thought with the ifbb introducing the bikini class it will allow the girls who choose to do figure to come in harder and the girls who want the softer look to compete in bikini

do you think this will happen?

x

chris250
02-24-2009, 09:14 AM
In one word "NO" ...

I just dont think they want that look over here...Girls might be able to come in a tad harder, but not much...

miss figure
02-24-2009, 09:17 AM
but if the majority of girls in figure came to the stage harder they would have to accept it wouldnt they?

x

GirlyMuscle
02-24-2009, 09:23 AM
but if the majority of girls in figure came to the stage harder they would have to accept it wouldnt they?

xI think that's what's happened in the NPC. The girls came in harder and harder, bigger and bigger, in our figure ranks. When they started coming in like small bodybuilders the powers that be got worried about marketing to the public so they got told to scale back. Sizes came down a little but hardness didn't. So they decided if the girls wouldn't come down in hardness, size, etc they'd make a new class. Enter bikini.

Sledge
02-24-2009, 11:29 AM
hahaha....okie dokie. sounds like a plan. i will start saving up money now.

mmmm...austrailia...ill find me a hot sexy aussie.

Cool come on over. I'm sure we can find room for ya. I have 190 acres and the nearest neighbour is over a k away and they are only there a couple of days a week. The next nearest is about 3 k. I have a fully equiped gym and a dam to catch yabbies from. no horses any more but my dogs will take care of ya.

PTB
07-14-2011, 11:49 AM
Shouldn't the NABBA standards - both in muscularity and posing be the standard for WPD?

JillyRev
07-14-2011, 02:17 PM
Shouldn't the NABBA standards - both in muscularity and posing be the standard for WPD?

i think a lot of us looked to NABBA to base our posing on. but i must say i like that they havent told us exactly how to pose. it gives us a chance to play around w posing and hit the poses in the best way that show off out stong points.

Extreme Physique Mgt
07-14-2011, 03:19 PM
We like the NABBA look. Although go back to when figure first started, see the difference? I'm not really sure when the shift began, but it looks as though eventually Figure and Bikini will merge (not any day soon, but one day) and WPD will reign as the division for women with muscle.

Daniel Minarsky
07-19-2011, 05:05 AM
I'd love for the WPD class to look something like this. My fiance Lada so I'm biased :).

http://www.image-share.com/upload/787/292.png (http://www.image-share.com/ipng-787-292.html)

Ibarramedia
07-20-2011, 02:23 AM
Lada Plihalova -Bronwyn looks very good. :ok:

Bronwyn
07-20-2011, 10:41 AM
Thanks for naming me here. Pic is from WFF - what is like co-federation of NABBA -same competitors and officers.

Here you have a video to may see it in move :)

KzsG7YLqofc

And yes I like Figure NABBA because I could not fit into IFBB classes in the past, anyway now Figure in NABBA goes more hard way in conditioning - shredded butt is standard - so is hard to achieve this conditioning for me for example..... So watching the development of physique as I see it as place to go....