PDA

View Full Version : Womens diet, critique please.

Youngguns
02-23-2009, 10:13 PM
21 Years old.

5'5 140lbs

I've been working out for over 2 years pretty steadily.

My Diet...

http://i40.tinypic.com/15d1lbp.jpg

My Workout...

http://i42.tinypic.com/e2b9f.jpg
I walk to school briskly every morning, so that 25 mins 5 times per day.

I'm going to start low intensity cardio for 20 mins 4 times per week after workouts.

How does it look?

I'm thinking of dropping carbs to 60-70 on "off" days, and fat down to 25-30g per day.

tammyp
02-24-2009, 05:37 AM
is the goal here fat loss? looks pretty good, dont drop unless you need to and not losing. keep as much food as possible..if your losing why drop?

Youngguns
02-24-2009, 03:03 PM
Fat loss it is. That's what I've told her, high cals and more cardio is the way to go.

Thanks for the reply, I thought the large post was rather intimidating.

She wants to get around 120lbs.

Angela123
02-24-2009, 03:05 PM
hey yg...what is her goal?

so walking 25 min a day plus now will be adding another 20 min after lifting?

how is she doing on her current diet? is she just maintaining...then yes..some tweaks with carbs need to happen. her diet could use more fats and less carbs.

Angela123
02-24-2009, 03:05 PM
haha...wow...i was typing and you were already saying what i was asking.

Angela123
02-24-2009, 03:09 PM
id drop the bread, carrots, cottage cheese, apple and banana. but replace with fiberous green veggies and efa's such as almonds or any nuts or tbsp of nattie pb. use ezekial bread if u want to keep the bread in. i just saw the pasta and rice...what kind of pasta and rice? brown rice you can get away with more so then eating fruit imo.

dont overload her with tons of cardio at first. fat loss happens when you keep shocking your body. so if you overload her now, you'll have her doing so much cardio towards the end. increase by 10-15 min every week or couple wks.

Angela123
02-24-2009, 05:11 PM
shit..you know...im so used to a bb prep plan..i always think everyone should take carbs out..lol...bc im so sensitive to them so i think everyone is. but for a normal girl..im sure you could keep her carbs in..but if she isnt losing..then for sure manipulate stuff. i just go low on fruit, replace with veggies...green ones, not carrots, peas and corn. if u are keeping carbs in..you can up the intensity of cardio. low intensity usually works better on a keto diet. you dont have to always do high intensity but you can throw in some interval programs or sprints every now and then.

tammyp
02-24-2009, 05:45 PM
i think she is just looking for weight loss, not contest diet..

Angela123
02-24-2009, 06:16 PM
yah i figured after the fact lol...im so used to prep diets

tammyp
02-24-2009, 06:17 PM
i do diets for regular people alot..but i know what you mean!

banger
02-25-2009, 07:09 AM
my darn cell won't let me read her diet and w/o plan... did someone say she was breaking up her cardio even though she was still doing under an hour? all cardio should be continous for proper fatty acid oxidation.

tammyp
02-25-2009, 08:09 AM
my darn cell won't let me read her diet and w/o plan... did someone say she was breaking up her cardio even though she was still doing under an hour? all cardio should be continous for proper fatty acid oxidation.

i always break up cardio. i cant do it all at 1 time b/c of my schedule and i never have a problem getting really lean. i think as long as you do it...

Suzanne
02-25-2009, 08:47 AM
Personally i think for weight loss calories are too low

the snack of carrots and celery is like eating nothing so she is going 4.5 hours without food

weight loss diet should allow as much food as possible while dropping 1-2 lbs average a week and as much variety

bread and pasta stick to whole grain

tammyp
02-25-2009, 10:37 AM
i always followed the rule of thumb 10 to 12 x your body weight for fat loss.

Youngguns
02-25-2009, 12:25 PM
hey yg...what is her goal?

so walking 25 min a day plus now will be adding another 20 min after lifting?

how is she doing on her current diet? is she just maintaining...then yes..some tweaks with carbs need to happen. her diet could use more fats and less carbs.
She's been "bodybuilding" for the passed two years. She never wants to compete, she just wants optimum health. When I was cutting my fats were 40g per day at 170lbs, why increase hers? It makes no sense to me to increase her fat and decrease carbs?

id drop the bread, carrots, cottage cheese, apple and banana. but replace with fiberous green veggies and efa's such as almonds or any nuts or tbsp of nattie pb. use ezekial bread if u want to keep the bread in. i just saw the pasta and rice...what kind of pasta and rice? brown rice you can get away with more so then eating fruit imo.

dont overload her with tons of cardio at first. fat loss happens when you keep shocking your body. so if you overload her now, you'll have her doing so much cardio towards the end. increase by 10-15 min every week or couple wks.I've dieted myself down a few times and the last time went fairly well, so I'm basing this diet on what I've experienced. I'm going to take the banana out but leave the apple in, they're low GI. People always talk about eating certain carbs, when when you eat a piece of chicken and a high GI carb, the protein/fat slows the digestion and therefore insulin spike(for example)? Correct me if I'm wrong.

shit..you know...im so used to a bb prep plan..i always think everyone should take carbs out..lol...bc im so sensitive to them so i think everyone is. but for a normal girl..im sure you could keep her carbs in..but if she isnt losing..then for sure manipulate stuff. i just go low on fruit, replace with veggies...green ones, not carrots, peas and corn. if u are keeping carbs in..you can up the intensity of cardio. low intensity usually works better on a keto diet. you dont have to always do high intensity but you can throw in some interval programs or sprints every now and then.
I've had tremendous success on low intensity, I believe if you workout intensly, and do low intensity cardio, you get the best of both worlds. And I believe if you gave it your all in the gym, you shouldn't have energy left over for proper HI cardio. HI on off workout days is fine IMO.

i think she is just looking for weight loss, not contest diet..
I'd say both. She wants to keep the muscle that's taken so long to build, but she doesn't want to compete, just look great.

Personally i think for weight loss calories are too low

the snack of carrots and celery is like eating nothing so she is going 4.5 hours without food

weight loss diet should allow as much food as possible while dropping 1-2 lbs average a week and as much variety

bread and pasta stick to whole grain
How many calories do you think she should be eating? What ratio?

i always followed the rule of thumb 10 to 12 x your body weight for fat loss.
ahh yes, me too.

15 for maintenance, anything over to start adding weight, and anything lower to start losing. Going to 10cal per lbs at the end of a cutting diet.

Suzanne
02-25-2009, 01:06 PM
Can't really say how many without knowing her cals now
if for example maintains at 2500 you certainly don't need to go to 1450
if she is someone only eating 1500 and maintaining then 1450 will be a prob for weight loss

if using the 10-12xbw i would start at the upper end

if you don't want a rebound and want to maintain a loss then going slow with as little cardio as possible and as much food as possible is the only way to go. plus the person is way more likely to stick to it

tammyp
02-25-2009, 06:14 PM
has she been following this long? or is it soemthing she is going to start?

Youngguns
02-27-2009, 12:41 PM
She has been following this for awhile.

I've increased her cardio and fats about 10grams.

Told her to reduce carbs on off days (non-training) to 60-70.

tammyp
02-27-2009, 04:36 PM
if shes seeing good results...keep things the same. if she stops losing...increase cardio or alter diet, dont do both at the same time...when im cutting, my coach does 1 or the other, alt weeks.

figgy
03-18-2009, 09:58 PM
Im 5'1, 113lbs, 24 years old. I have been bodybuidling for about 2 years now. I have a lot of muscle for my size, I just need to lose the bodyfat.

so here's my diet:

7am: 1hr of cardio (2g of l-carnitine, 1 scoop of glutamine prior to cardio)

8am: 8 eggwhites, 1/2cup cooked oatmeal (with splenda and cinnamon), (multivitamin and 2 citrimax)

11am: 1 1/2 scoop protien (Optimum Nutrition) shake with 1/2cup of oats mixed in with it

2pm: 5oz grilled chicken, 1 cup green veggies, 1/2 cup brown rice, (2 citrimax and 3,000mg fish oil)

5pm: 5oz grilled chicken, 1 cup green veggies, 1/2 cup brown rice

7pm: 5oz grilled chicken, 1 cup green veggies (3,000 mg of fish oil)

8pm: lift (cell volumizer: Rush by ISS, 2 creatine ethyl ester)

post workout: usually around 9 or 9:30 1 1/2 scoop protien shake with 3 rice cakes with sugar-free jam (1 scoop glutamin, 2 creatine ethyl ester)

(1 scoop of glutamine before bed)

cardio about 6x a week, lifting 5x a week. my boyfriend is a personal trainer and he has me doing a bodybuilding workout.

sassy69
03-19-2009, 12:33 AM
nevermind :P

tammyp
03-19-2009, 06:14 AM
thats alot of protien for your size. needs more fat. figure out the macros and post.

figgy
03-22-2009, 06:23 PM
ok i was kind of thinking that i was taking in too much protien..how many grams of protien do you suggest for my size? ....also, what is a macro? and what do you suggest for a post? thanks for your help, you are awesome! :)

tammyp
03-23-2009, 06:05 AM
post your macronutrients...pro carbs and fat grams. do so at fitday.com. 150 g is plenty for your size.

figgy
03-23-2009, 07:03 PM
1620 calories, 20.5g fat, 112g carbs, 228g protein

so...Fat: 12% Carbs: 29% Protein: 59%

tammyp
03-24-2009, 05:48 AM
1620 calories, 20.5g fat, 112g carbs, 228g protein

so...Fat: 12% Carbs: 29% Protein: 59%
fat wayyyyy 2 low. i would up your fat to about 50g, protein to about 170. cals are good, make up difference with carbs.

figgy
03-29-2009, 05:40 PM
thanks so much! so far, i cut out a little bit of chicken and eggwhites and added almonds, natural peanut butter, and an egg yolk for fats...i havent calcuated everything yet but it's an estimation so far...i'll see how it goes and somehow find time to calculate things...thanks again!

figgy
03-29-2009, 10:39 PM
tammy, i have the right amount of protein and fats are up to 35g...but my calories have skyrocketed...went from about 1400 to a little over 1700. how can i increase fats while lowering calories at the same time?

sassy69
03-30-2009, 12:01 AM
tammy, i have the right amount of protein and fats are up to 35g...but my calories have skyrocketed...went from about 1400 to a little over 1700. how can i increase fats while lowering calories at the same time?

What are the ratios now - protein / fats /carbs?

figgy
03-30-2009, 06:14 PM
hi girls! i want to thank you both tammy and sassy for helping me! i have never figured my own diet so it's taken me a while to do it. i couldnt sleep last night knowing that my caloric intake was all messed up! anyway, i think it is all good to go: Protein is 46% 152.8g, Carbs 22% 73.6g, and Fat 33% 50.3g..Calories are at 1397. i have also taken 6 meals down to 5 since i always find it hard to get my last meal in..does this sound like it's okay? if not, let me know, again, thanks SOOO MUCH! :)

New2thegame
04-04-2009, 01:49 AM
????

tammyp
04-04-2009, 05:42 AM
hi girls! i want to thank you both tammy and sassy for helping me! i have never figured my own diet so it's taken me a while to do it. i couldnt sleep last night knowing that my caloric intake was all messed up! anyway, i think it is all good to go: Protein is 46% 152.8g, Carbs 22% 73.6g, and Fat 33% 50.3g..Calories are at 1397. i have also taken 6 meals down to 5 since i always find it hard to get my last meal in..does this sound like it's okay? if not, let me know, again, thanks SOOO MUCH! :)

looks about right. i would do a refeed every 2 weeks.