PDA

View Full Version : Steroid Checklist

KIR
02-23-2009, 10:42 PM
Before you go posting in the steroid section, announcing that you're ready to start your first cycle, make sure you can mentally check each step on this checklist.

1. You're at least 21 years old. At LEAST. If not, you've got some more growing to do naturally. Take advantage of your high natural testorone level. If you hit a wall, and you're not seeing gains anymore, try a new routine. Try eating more protein. Try getting more sleep. Try taking a 2 week break from lifting. Lack of testosterone is not your problem....

2. You have taken the time to educate yourself about steroids. If you don't know how steroids work, how can you expect them to work for you? You don't need a degree in chemistry, but if you've never heard of tamoxifen, you have some research to do.

3. You either A) Compete or B) Want to look like a freak. Let me explain this one. If you're in college and you want to look good for spring break, ya'know pack on a little muscle, get a 6-pack, look like the guys on the cover of "Men's Health" Magazine; you don't need steroids. You can get that look with diet and a solid training regimen. I promise. Steroids are for guys who want to take their physiques to the extreme. Either for competition purposes, or so that people will stare at them when they go to the mall. If you just want a "nice" body, don't take the risks involved with steroids.

4. You have a reliable source and you've done your source checks. Don't do a google search for "steroids" and whip out your credit card. It's not that easy and it shouldn't be. Be patient. There are a few good sources out there, but they're hard to find (that's part of what makes them good).

5. You're cool with the risks. First off, there are health risks and side effects related to steroid use. Find out what they are and think long and hard about how they make you feel. Do you want to go bald earlier than you would have naturally? You might or you might not, but it's a possibility. How about the night of your anniversary when you have deca-dick and your wife's locked herself in the bathroom crying because she thinks that you don't find her attractive anymore? What about when you have to go to court because several witnesses saw you screaming obscenities and assaulting a vending machine when it didn't dispense the kit-kat bar you paid 65 cents for? Don't be one of those people who tries to convince themselves that their drug of choice is 100% harmless. There are also legal consequences. The government is alot more interested in steroids than they once were. If you get caught, you may get more than a slap on the wrist.

6. Finally, this should go without saying, you're dedicated. You don't miss meals, you train smart with focus and intensity, you get enough sleep; basically you're doing everything right. Look, you can lie to everybody else, that's fine. But be honest with yourself. Are you really focused? Or are you so busy with work, school, family, whatever, that you just sort of go through the motions? If so that's cool. It's fine to have more important things in your life. But don't start using gear if you know your heart's not really in it right now. If you think "Well, maybe if I take steroids It'll motivate me to start training harder and eating right", don't. Steroids are for people who are already motivated. People who are obsessed. People who fantasize about their next leg workout. If you train and eat right mon-fri and then get hammered on the weekend and let everything go to shit, steroids are a poor choice for you. But if you don't want to listen to me don't worry, I'm sure somebody will still sell them to you....

Viking
02-23-2009, 10:46 PM
Great list bro

BarbellBeast
02-23-2009, 10:47 PM
I bet the only people that read this are the people that don't need to.

MartyMcFly
02-24-2009, 01:36 PM
awesome info brother, so far great post fro you KIR

musclempire
02-24-2009, 02:35 PM
I like the post but i really like the point barbell made haha..only funny cuz its tru..yes you should dream about your workouts..anyone else ever had a nightmare about gettin injured?

KindaSwol
02-24-2009, 03:00 PM
Real ass shit if i ever seen it! great post.

Zetawill
02-24-2009, 05:02 PM
Most of the folks who read this probably already do everything here. The "experts" (read idiots who already know all they need to) didn't even click to open it!

GREAT POST! A must read!

Especially the last one. I get tons of guys coming in my nutrition store, who are thinking of getting on stuff and they haven't had a gym membership in 3 years.....really angers me.

ironman0370
02-24-2009, 05:38 PM
should be a sticky.

KIR
02-24-2009, 11:14 PM
should be a sticky.
That's what i think even if everyone knows it its god to go back and read it every now and again

Mass Construction
03-12-2009, 09:14 PM
good post !!!!!!!

Spauldo
03-12-2009, 10:30 PM
great post

JVALDEZ
03-13-2009, 12:17 AM
Good post!!a must read for every newbie!

BigJD69
03-13-2009, 01:13 AM
Sticky!!!!

italianmanMASS
03-13-2009, 02:02 AM
excellent post!!!

Por2gue
03-13-2009, 03:19 AM
Wise stuff.

six ravens
03-13-2009, 04:02 PM
3. You either A) Compete or B) Want to look like a freak. Let me explain this one. If you're in college and you want to look good for spring break, ya'know pack on a little muscle, get a 6-pack, look like the guys on the cover of "Men's Health" Magazine; you don't need steroids.

what if i got sand kicked in my face?
http://www.charlesatlas.com/museum/classicads/2001reissue.jpg

Zetawill
03-13-2009, 06:32 PM
Why is this not a sticky yet?