PDA

View Full Version : Callouses on Hands

LisaRD23
09-20-2009, 04:27 PM
How do you prevent/treat callouses? I used to have these rather thick gloves I used for lifting, but recently I switched over to Versa-Grips. I like them much better in helping me with my grips esp. with deadlifts....but they don't protect that area of the plams where callouses are so prone to appear.

I hate having a rough hand feeling...I'm not a guy!!

tammyp
09-20-2009, 05:43 PM
i use gloves w/ versa grips. just get short ones that dont have wrist wraps.

GirlyMuscle
09-20-2009, 06:11 PM
I get callouses on my hands under my middle and ring fingers and my pinky. I get them even if I wear gloves...which I don't. Call me a weirdo but I like them. Kinda like a badge or something...I wear them proudly.

bxnic
09-20-2009, 06:26 PM
lol.the callouses on my hands are full of protan at the moment!ugh! I embrace them usually though!! They help me keep a strong grip, so I just roll with them. Everytime I go into a nail place that doesnt know me, they always wanna remove em...I always say"NO! I need those!" silly.

LisaRD23
09-21-2009, 10:24 AM
i use gloves w/ versa grips. just get short ones that dont have wrist wraps.

Good idea...I think I'll try that. I like having soft feminine hands.

figurebre
09-21-2009, 10:58 AM
I like them too :) Makes me look tough hehe

Sistersteel
09-21-2009, 11:01 AM
If I show you my hands you will probably skip lunch today.

CodyKelly
09-21-2009, 01:24 PM
Use a good salt scrub on your hands!

Suzy Brown
09-21-2009, 01:39 PM
When you get your nails done, ask the gal to use the drill on them. sometimes I'll take a nail file to them myself. They don't typically bother me tho, unless they get dry & ugly, or stained with bronzers...

dvsness
09-21-2009, 02:09 PM
I never was bothered by callouses. It's not a big deal, part of the process.

sweetjane57
09-21-2009, 08:35 PM
I get callouses on my hands under my middle and ring fingers and my pinky. I get them even if I wear gloves...which I don't. Call me a weirdo but I like them. Kinda like a badge or something...I wear them proudly:)as do I
I did too, that is why I stopped wearing gloves a LONG time ago.

funny story...
when I had started my OLD job(I was a Therapeutic Recreation Instructor), there was this adorable 16 yr. old who was blind. We were doing an activity that day that required us to hold hands. I was standing next to her, she screamed so loud when she took hold of mine. I knew WHY the second she started screaming...lol. Everyone else did not. She asked why my palms felt like that...I told her "It just means I'm STRONG!" haha she laughed and then felt the other hand to see if it was the same. Then she asked if she could feel my arms...lol

tight booty
09-22-2009, 04:22 AM
I get callouses on my hands under my middle and ring fingers and my pinky. I get them even if I wear gloves...which I don't. Call me a weirdo but I like them. Kinda like a badge or something...I wear them proudly.
Me too GM, I am proud of my callouses. I don't use gloves, don't believe in them. Hands need to get stronger too and will do so much quicker without gloves. I did wear gloves when I first began weight training (many years ago) but my hands sweated and it made no difference.....I still got callouses.

Tuffgirl410
09-22-2009, 11:24 AM
I personally cant stand the glove, but I do use versa grips when training back & dead lifting-- they are like $35 but they last a long time and can be used as grips or wraps I love them-- and yes I feel like my callouses are almost are a proud badge of honor too;)
But when they get too thick I will file them with an emery board or not to gross you out but just run a razor over them to lift the dead skin :p it really softens them about...for a week or so!

figgy
10-04-2009, 10:32 PM
my callosous dont usually bother me until they get self-tanning lotion all over them. this is when i take a pummus stone to them and they are back to normal!!

Ibarramedia
10-04-2009, 11:23 PM
Me too GM, I am proud of my callouses. I don't use gloves, don't believe in them. Hands need to get stronger too and will do so much quicker without gloves. I did wear gloves when I first began weight training (many years ago) but my hands sweated and it made no difference.....I still got callouses.

I never would have pictured you to be calloused and proud of it. I wear gloves and still get callouses and I don't mind. When my gloves are worn out, i may not replace them for a while and lift gloveless. I need to hold your hands to see how calloused it is.

GirlyMuscle
10-04-2009, 11:34 PM
I personally cant stand the glove, but I do use versa grips when training back & dead lifting-- they are like $35 but they last a long time and can be used as grips or wraps I love them-- and yes I feel like my callouses are almost are a proud badge of honor too;)
But when they get too thick I will file them with an emery board or not to gross you out but just run a razor over them to lift the dead skin :p it really softens them about...for a week or so!

I use versa gripps. At least I did until I lost them at the gym last week. :(

Rhonda
10-05-2009, 04:26 AM
I always use chalk.. hands are tough, calloused, with a mean DEATH GRIP!:shake:

tight booty
10-05-2009, 09:47 AM
I never would have pictured you to be calloused and proud of it. I wear gloves and still get callouses and I don't mind. When my gloves are worn out, i may not replace them for a while and lift gloveless. I need to hold your hands to see how calloused it is.
I'm full of surprises. And this is a beauty....I pick the skin off my callouses inbetween sets sometimes and throw the skin out the big rollar door which is open in winter (closed in summer, due to air conditioning). Pretty gross but ladies it's a good way to keep guys at a distance and from trying to interrupt you from training. ;)

Ibarramedia
10-05-2009, 11:18 AM
I always use chalk.. hands are tough, calloused, with a mean DEATH GRIP!:shake:

Lol @ death grip. :p