PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Food Binging

GrowthGifted
09-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Straight to the question :

During the week I maintain a very clean diet.

When comes the weekend sometimes I binge mainly food high in carbs and fat together. ( chocolate, ice cream, cookies, cheese, cake and all the junk stuff )

I binge at aproximately for like 3,000 to 4,000 calories at least.

I feel blow like a baloon but after three to four days I'm already lean again..

Why the fuck do my body sometimes respond this way when I get LEAN ??
under 10% body fat measures.

Thanks guys!

DAVIDHARDY
09-22-2009, 08:44 AM
Straight to the question :

During the week I maintain a very clean diet.

When comes the weekend sometimes I binge mainly food high in carbs and fat together. ( chocolate, ice cream, cookies, cheese, cake and all the junk stuff )

I binge at aproximately for like 3,000 to 4,000 calories at least.

I feel blow like a baloon but after three to four days I'm already lean again..

Why the fuck do my body sometimes respond this way when I get LEAN ??
under 10% body fat measures.

Thanks guys!

Are you keto during the week? If so, then it's basically the CKD, which is supposed to be very useful in bulking while keeping you lean.

GrowthGifted
09-23-2009, 09:42 AM
I'm not on any keto..

I basically 60% carbs 30 protein 10 fats,,,

When I hit low body fat ranges and being to show below 9 to 10 % the apetite gets crazy sometimes, and that's when I binge..

Than my body fat rises and then I diet all over cardio training.. etc...

than this re-peats, I'm getting very frustrated...

What should I do to stop this cycle while keeping low body fat levels at the same time ?

DAVIDHARDY
09-23-2009, 10:04 AM
I'm not on any keto..

I basically 60% carbs 30 protein 10 fats,,,

When I hit low body fat ranges and being to show below 9 to 10 % the apetite gets crazy sometimes, and that's when I binge..

Than my body fat rises and then I diet all over cardio training.. etc...

than this re-peats, I'm getting very frustrated...

What should I do to stop this cycle while keeping low body fat levels at the same time ?

I would give this a shot: 25%C, 40%P, 35%F if you do not want to go keto. Shoot for anout 15 cal per pound of bodyweight. If you weigh 200, it would be like this:

190 C, 300 P, 120 F

I'd eat my carbs mainly around my workouts and most of them post workout. I'd also keep fat low around workouts and eat a slightly larger amount of fat for breakfast and at the last meal of the day. If you want, go ahead and spread out the carbs and fat evenly, but I'd eat like this:

1-P/F
2-P/F
3-P/C
4-P/C
5-P/F/C
6-P/F

Give it a shot and see if it helps you keep the bodyfat low year around.

bigdaddyd
09-29-2009, 06:43 PM
Anybody have any ideas why some of us do this? I do this almost every weekend. WTH?

Diabetic Muscle
09-29-2009, 07:10 PM
My biggest binges come from inactivity and boredom. I stay pretty busy at work but on the weekend I catch up on the tv. If I watch two movies back to back I want to eat and keep eating.

bigdaddyd
09-29-2009, 07:19 PM
My biggest binges come from inactivity and boredom. I stay pretty busy at work but on the weekend I catch up on the tv. If I watch two movies back to back I want to eat and keep eating.

I am the same....I think maybe that is why I do well during the week. I am focused at work and busy. At home, I am not focused. I am chillin, playing with the kids, talking to the wife and surfin RX...then I want to eat because I realize how damn hungry I am

anabolic fyre
09-29-2009, 07:49 PM
hah this happens to me too, i set a time from 6pm till i sleep which is like 11-12ish on fridays only nd between that time i just eat whatever i want nd keep eting sometimes rackin up to the 6000+ calorie marks. the single cheat meal wouldnt do it for me no more, i would eat 3000ish nd still feel hungry or i wasnt satisfied. Somehow i still get lean doin this. Try doin that instead of all weekend, cause bingin like that can deff add a few % to ur bf.

gman
09-29-2009, 07:58 PM
I do it almost every Saturday, and it blows my weight loss for the week...I end up gaining 3-4 lbs back and then only lose 2-3 of it by the next Saturday.

I am not one of the lucky ones who get a metabolism boost from it, I am more like a camel.

It's funny how hard it is to stop doing it even though I know what it's going to do to me.

InHonorInMind
11-03-2009, 04:12 PM
This definetly was a HUGE issue for me...I'd be super clean and workout really hard all week in the gym then when the wkend came around I would binge....and it almost was embarrasing for me....super mental mindfck bc I want to get lean...and know that I can't get lean doing that, but do it anyway. Its like self-destruction in a way...

I think the only way to get around it (other than fixing your diet like hardcorehardy5 suggested )...is to really be honest with yourself and get your head on straight. If you really want to do this, you're only cheating yourself and making the journey harder on no one else but you. I had an issue bc I always fixed being upset with food...you just have to find alternative routes...and break away from the patterns. If you notice that its always on the wkends, then try to set up plans during the week when you're heads in the game of what you'll do/want to accomplish during the wkend...write it down, get PUMPED about it!!!

Or if you notice you tend to binge when you're upset about something, try to teach yourself methods to recognize that you're upset, and food isn't the answer....take a deep breath....and get out of the area of temptation...you'll feel SOOOO MUCH MORE POWERFUL AND STRONG for controling your cravings....

It really is one day at a time...if you really want to stay on track, you'll sort it out in your head and stay focused.

Por2gue
11-04-2009, 12:47 AM
Well if willpower is non existent, which IMO you should work on, but if not throw some Meredia in on the weekend.

weight
11-08-2009, 09:28 AM
whats meridia all about

bgoo101
11-11-2009, 05:24 AM
What a load of shit...

Cook your meals the night before and eat them ..

have a cheat once a week.... if you want results well do it..

want to waste your hard work binge all you want !

TigerUpperCut
11-28-2009, 01:51 AM
stop restricting yourself from foods you want during the week that way u won't binge on the weekends, just be more open with ur diet and eat foods u like

Corbin
12-04-2009, 07:49 AM
When I have cravings I slam back a few Coke Zeros LOL...diet pop/energy drinks are really the only thing I have helpin my HUGE cravings I get EVERY weekend!! I try and limit myself to one bad night, and my other 2 nights off ( I work 4 12 hour shifts at my gym), I stick to my regular clean diet with a few moderate cheats here and there...but no binging.

try it lol

Con
12-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Sounds like great genetics to me. I for one could never do that (2 days of cheat food and get leaner). However the basic idea of going low on calories for most of the week and then having a cheat meal / cheat day or in your case a couple of cheat days has been proven over and over to lose body fat.