PDA

View Full Version : tanning bed worth the time?

DAVIDHARDY
09-22-2009, 07:16 PM
I am going to be traveling in a couple of weeks and wont be in the tanning bed. I'm as white as a sheet. I'll be back about 3 weeks before my show. Should I even bother laying in the tanning bed for those 3 weeks? Is it going to give me that much of a base tan before I get sprayed? Should I just get sprayed two times instead of laying in the tanning bed? I was going to lay for the three weeks and then get sprayed Thursday night before the show. Should I just get sprayed on Monday and then again on Thursday? Thanks guys.

BaneHammer
09-22-2009, 07:45 PM
Those beds are dangerous man. If you get good spray tan (contest colour + dream tan) that should be all you need.

troutman18
09-22-2009, 09:19 PM
the sprays all you need, u could always lay outside in the day and get some natural sun that will help your skin

debbiebramwell
09-22-2009, 10:55 PM
Those beds are dangerous man. If you get good spray tan (contest colour + dream tan) that should be all you need.
no dream tan ..they dont like that here...I always tan and get sprayed 3 times...lol once wouldnt be enough for me....you can get away without tanning but I would:)

AVBG
09-22-2009, 11:17 PM
If you have the skin that burns easily, I wouldn't recommend the tanning beds, there has been some bad press recently with the skin cancer risks higher than previously reported. I won't be doing it in future myself. Instead I will be getting more coats of the contest color.

This stuff is great. http://pke.com.au

sweetjane57
09-22-2009, 11:35 PM
no dream tan ..they dont like that here...

LISTEN to this advice!

DAVIDHARDY
09-23-2009, 08:19 AM
Thans guys; I would NEVER consider dream tan. I've heard way too many horror stories from its use. My skin doesn't burn easily and I get tan easily, but I just never really paid attention to how easily I got tan. I just wasn't sure if 3 weeks in the bed would make that much of a difference seeing as how I'm gonna have to start at like 5 min a day for the 1st 2 days and then add a min or two each day after that. It might take me 2 or even 2 1/2 weeks to get up to a full 20 min a session. Oh well, I'll give it a shot and probably get sprayed twice as well. The lady said that the tan will last for like 3 weeks, so can I take a shower after the final coat on Thursday night or do I just need to stink until Saturday night like I usually do lol.

IronCrusher
09-23-2009, 01:53 PM
Thans guys; I would NEVER consider dream tan. I've heard way too many horror stories from its use. My skin doesn't burn easily and I get tan easily, but I just never really paid attention to how easily I got tan. I just wasn't sure if 3 weeks in the bed would make that much of a difference seeing as how I'm gonna have to start at like 5 min a day for the 1st 2 days and then add a min or two each day after that. It might take me 2 or even 2 1/2 weeks to get up to a full 20 min a session. Oh well, I'll give it a shot and probably get sprayed twice as well. The lady said that the tan will last for like 3 weeks, so can I take a shower after the final coat on Thursday night or do I just need to stink until Saturday night like I usually do lol.

If you tan easily, then 3 weeks is enough time to get something decent. I'd do it.

NATURAL-1987
09-23-2009, 03:23 PM
Judging by your pics you have a bit of a farmers tan on your legs. Definately pop in the fake n' bake to get that handled a bit.

Suzy Brown
09-23-2009, 03:33 PM
If you have the skin that burns easily, I wouldn't recommend the tanning beds, there has been some bad press recently with the skin cancer risks higher than previously reported. I won't be doing it in future myself.

There is ZERO evidence directly linking tanning to skin cancer.

There are many however that show skin cancer is usually caused by a virus...

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/18/health/research/18virus.html

DAVIDHARDY
09-23-2009, 03:38 PM
I think the gym that I go to is actually going to comp me the tanning, so that makes it a no brainer. I just got off the phone with the manager and he's gonna ask the guy that owns the tanning beds if it's ok.

TLF BABY
09-23-2009, 04:25 PM
you should try this tanning lotion called paint it black its by millenuim tanning... it works really good to get u dark faster.

DAVIDHARDY
09-23-2009, 06:30 PM
I am gonna get sprayed and the woman said she can order a really dark color to do me with. I was planning on using Jan Tana competition color for the overcoat before I go on stage. Any suggestions for that? Use another product? How about hot stuff posing oil? Is there something better?

NATURAL-1987
09-24-2009, 12:19 PM
I am gonna get sprayed and the woman said she can order a really dark color to do me with. I was planning on using Jan Tana competition color for the overcoat before I go on stage. Any suggestions for that? Use another product? How about hot stuff posing oil? Is there something better?
Make sure hot stuff is ok to use first. Up here they told a guy who flew across the country to go home because they caught him with it back stage. If it is ok to use, use it very little and then I'd use Muscle Juice posing oil all over and kind of mix the 2. Then when pre-judge is done, dab it off and do the same at night.

DAVIDHARDY
09-24-2009, 12:38 PM
Make sure hot stuff is ok to use first. Up here they told a guy who flew across the country to go home because they caught him with it back stage. If it is ok to use, use it very little and then I'd use Muscle Juice posing oil all over and kind of mix the 2. Then when pre-judge is done, dab it off and do the same at night.

Cool thanks man. I used hot stuff at my last comp, but I didn't notice it doing anything vascularity wise. Then again, I was not near lean enough and that was just kind of a fun show to do that I knew about 8 weeks out. Is the muscle juice stuff kind of like a vaseline consistency? I think I've seen that before. Anyone ever used Vicks Vapo-Rub? Some guy told me that's what he uses and that it helps with his vascularity.

DAVIDHARDY
09-24-2009, 12:41 PM
I think the gym that I go to is actually going to comp me the tanning, so that makes it a no brainer. I just got off the phone with the manager and he's gonna ask the guy that owns the tanning beds if it's ok.

Fell through; the guy that owns then beds said that he didn't care that I was a competitor that if I wanted to tan, I'd have to pay. It's like 35 a month, but I'll only be aable to use it for 3 weeks, and I'm a cheap ass and like to get every penny out of what I spend, so I might not do it. One of the personal trainers told me to just come in the gym after peak hours and he'd let me tan no charge, so I might do that.

NATURAL-1987
09-28-2009, 01:56 PM
muscle juice comes in the exact same bottle as hot stuff, looks the same, but says Muscle Juice on it. check it out on bb.com

NATURAL-1987
09-30-2009, 04:42 AM
If you have the skin that burns easily, I wouldn't recommend the tanning beds, there has been some bad press recently with the skin cancer risks higher than previously reported. I won't be doing it in future myself. Instead I will be getting more coats of the contest color.

This stuff is great. http://pke.com.au
My fav as well, I have friends in nz and they send me some.Not available over here though. I will order more from the site directly. Good price too.:yep: