PDA

View Full Version : Eyelash Extensions!

tight booty
09-22-2009, 07:49 PM
My friend got them and they look absolutely gorgous. I am thinking about getting them also, as I love the idea of having long lucious lashes 24/7 without having to use an eyelash curler and mascara.
Does anyone else here have them?

GirlyMuscle
09-22-2009, 08:04 PM
What do they cost in Australia?

tight booty
09-22-2009, 08:10 PM
Well I googled them up and it said the price started at $70 for around 7 lashes on each eye. Then $100 for a natural set and $180 was for the extreme set. I am going to phone where my friend got them done and find out what they cost there.

tight booty
09-22-2009, 08:23 PM
I just phoned where I would most likely be getting them done and it was $111.70 for a set and refills cost $29, which have to be done every 2 weeks. You can still use mascara as long as it isn't waterproof and you have to use an water based eye makeup remover. I told them I use dermalogica and they said thats fine.
My friend had lashes for the show which cost $180 they said, but they only last 1-2 weeks as they are glued on and are basically like false eyelashes but with a much stronger glue. So she didn't have the eyelash extensions, but dam they were gorgous and definitely great for stage.

tight booty
09-22-2009, 08:32 PM
Sorry I made an error. My friends lashes cost $80.

GirlyMuscle
09-22-2009, 10:56 PM
That's more than getting nails done. I don't need eyelashes that bad.

tight booty
09-23-2009, 01:50 AM
That's more than getting nails done. I don't need eyelashes that bad.
Yeah I asked if I could extend it out so that I could get the refills every 3-4 weeks but they said then they would charge more money cause its more work etc. It does sound high maitenance but since I can no longer get my eye lash conditioner which really worked and made my lashes grow freaky long I am seriously considering this.

Pink!ron
09-25-2009, 08:27 PM
I work at a day spa in the boston area...a full set of eyelash extentions are $220. We even do doey eyes (the outer corners) for $150. Clients get fills every 2 - 3 weeks starting at $50. The extensions are put on by adhering a set of 3 lashes to each of your individual lashes. It takes about 3 hrs, and the lashes blink out like a real eyelash. They look awesome, but they are also alot of money and time consuming. I dont know how other places do it, but at least this might give you an idea.

Tuffgirl410
09-25-2009, 11:36 PM
I had these done for my first show... I didn't find them to be very good for a show, but they would be good for everyday use if you don't mind a little maitenance- they were very natural. For me I found it to be too time consuming and I had to be very conscience of how I slept (I am a side sleeper & stomach) so sometimes I would wake up with missing lashes or tangled. I didn't think they were as great as they sounded & I wouldn't do them again.

tight booty
09-26-2009, 03:48 AM
Thanks for the input Ladies. I am still debating if I will get them or not. One thing is for sure, if I could get a great eyelash growth product then I wouldn't be even thinking about eyelash extensions. I was looking on the net and found a product called "Lilash".....has anyone tried this? I used the Jan Marini age intervention eyelash growth condtioner previous and my natural eyelashes looked like I had extensions but I can no longer get this product.

tight booty
09-29-2009, 08:39 PM
Okay I have decided to get eyelash extensions and will be getting them at 2.15pm today. It's only going to take 45 mins to get them done and then they said refills will be 30 mins. :)

GirlyMuscle
09-29-2009, 09:26 PM
Take pics!

fitgirltitone
09-29-2009, 11:40 PM
I usually get lash extensions before a show...I found a lady that does em pretty good and real cheap...
I will say, it has become quite the addiction though...now I wanna have em all the time so I just keep going back every few weeks to get em filled!! I LOOOVE EM!!! I love not having to wear mascara allll the time!! And it makes my eyes so much wider!nn I highly suggest em.

tight booty
09-30-2009, 04:11 AM
I usually get lash extensions before a show...I found a lady that does em pretty good and real cheap...
I will say, it has become quite the addiction though...now I wanna have em all the time so I just keep going back every few weeks to get em filled!! I LOOOVE EM!!! I love not having to wear mascara allll the time!! And it makes my eyes so much wider!nn I highly suggest em.
I am absolutley thrilled with mine! I couldn't believe it when I looked in the mirror today after having them done. It was "Wow"....my lashes are long, black and curled so I don't have to wear mascara or use an eyelash curler. I booked to have my refills done in two weeks time and will be keeping them in. I love them and highly recommend eyelash extensions...:)

tight booty
09-30-2009, 04:13 AM
Take pics!I will GM, I got the longest extensions I possibly could and they are stunning! I am absolutely rapped...should have done this a long time ago!

NPCfigure
09-30-2009, 05:46 PM
I am absolutley thrilled with mine! I couldn't believe it when I looked in the mirror today after having them done. It was "Wow"....my lashes are long, black and curled so I don't have to wear mascara or use an eyelash curler. I booked to have my refills done in two weeks time and will be keeping them in. I love them and highly recommend eyelash extensions...:)

I was back and forth with doing this...but now I think I a going to have to try it! :)

fitgirltitone
09-30-2009, 11:45 PM
I was back and forth with doing this...but now I think I a going to have to try it! :)
Your gonna luv em!!! :yep:

tight booty
10-02-2009, 11:54 AM
Take pics!
I went out to a work party tonight and got this photo taken. Here are a couple of girls I work with. Should be able to see the eyelash extensions in this pic.....hopefully..haha

NPCfigure
10-09-2009, 10:04 PM
Your gonna luv em!!! :yep:

Thanx!!! I'll let ya know!

tight booty
10-10-2009, 08:07 AM
I am getting my refills done on tuesday. I am still thrilled with them. The only downfall is that they annoy me by touching my sunglasses.

NPCfigure
10-10-2009, 09:01 AM
I am getting my refills done on tuesday. I am still thrilled with them. The only downfall is that they annoy me by touching my sunglasses.

Can they cut them to make them a tad smaller? How long was it between touch ups? and Do you still use mascara at all? Thanx!!!

tight booty
10-10-2009, 09:20 AM
Can they cut them to make them a tad smaller? How long was it between touch ups? and Do you still use mascara at all? Thanx!!!
There were 3 sizes and I went with the longest ones, which is very sexy and they really stand out. I am going for my first refills (touch up) on tuesday, which will be 2 weeks from when I got them. This time though, I am going to ask for a selection of a few shorter ones starting out and then getting longer towards the outer eye. No there is no need for mascara or an eyelash curler. All I do is apply a little black mascara on my bottom lashes because those are blond to match my upper eyelashes. I am definitely very happy with them. :)

NPCfigure
10-10-2009, 02:03 PM
There were 3 sizes and I went with the longest ones, which is very sexy and they really stand out. I am going for my first refills (touch up) on tuesday, which will be 2 weeks from when I got them. This time though, I am going to ask for a selection of a few shorter ones starting out and then getting longer towards the outer eye. No there is no need for mascara or an eyelash curler. All I do is apply a little black mascara on my bottom lashes because those are blond to match my upper eyelashes. I am definitely very happy with them. :)

Now I DEFINATELY want to try them!!! Thanx so much TB!

tight booty
10-14-2009, 03:33 AM
I got my first refills today. I asked for a few medium size lashes mixed in with the really long ones and it is even more stunning! I am extremely happy!

NPCfigure
10-14-2009, 12:18 PM
I got my first refills today. I asked for a few medium size lashes mixed in with the really long ones and it is even more stunning! I am extremely happy!

By the time you were due for your 2 week fill ins, did your eyes appear too "need it", or could you have extended it for one ore week?

I am going to look into getting extentions tomorrow when I go to my spa for my pedi

tight booty
10-14-2009, 08:37 PM
By the time you were due for your 2 week fill ins, did your eyes appear too "need it", or could you have extended it for one ore week?

I am going to look into getting extentions tomorrow when I go to my spa for my pedi
No I could have extended it to one week, but I was told that they do them every 2 weeks otherwise they said that they charge more money because it's more work for them. But honestly, I looked after my eyelashes and only lost 2and that was from removing eyeliner as I wiped the makeup remover pad down over my eye and they came out. I was a bit too rough and I learnt to be more gentle.....haven't lost any since.

RitaK
10-27-2009, 11:53 AM
Eyelash extensions are GORGEOUS! But if time / money doesn't permit you getting them then check out Latisse. It's a prescription treatment (tho available at many medi-spas like ours) for lashes that works GREAT! It's not cheap but I use it in a way that gets double the mileage out of a bottle and lasts months so it's not expensive in the longer run (and way less than extensions). Results are real and very noticeable as far as length and thickness goes. It takes a couple of months to really kick in but it's worth the wait.