PDA

View Full Version : Metformin

SAMSON
09-24-2009, 02:00 PM
Hi,

Do any of you ladies use Metformin for fat loss? My girlfriend has just started using it and I dont really know a lot about it so im a little worried.

How safe is it and what is the best way to use it?

Thanks!

sassy69
09-24-2009, 03:21 PM
All I can say is you better be damn close to a bathroom.....

I dont' like the stuff - if your diet & training aren't already producing results, then revisit them and optimize for your goals. It fascinates me that people will put stuff in their bodies to force a result but will not take the time to modify the rest of their lifestyle to support that goal. Looking for quicky results usual F you.

tammyp
09-25-2009, 05:50 PM
i dont even know what it is! lol

RealLilSwole
09-25-2009, 06:00 PM
Metformin is the same as glucaphage. It for people with Type 2 Diabetes. Helps to decrease blood sugar levels. Generally people on this aren't having to take insulin sq.

Wolfpack
09-25-2009, 07:04 PM
It's safe when used correctly. I don't know how people can start taking stuff and admit they know nothing about it.

SAMSON
09-26-2009, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the replies. My girlfriend HAS done her research before deciding to use this stuff, but I had never heard of it so decided to put it out on Rx to get the best info.

militantmuscle
09-26-2009, 01:46 PM
Samson, you can use metformin not so much for direct fat loss but better partitioning of glucose into the muscle as opposed to fat, it is a glucose disposal agent. If she is carb cycling, she can use it with her carb meals for this purpose, or if she is running keto she can take it with the refeed meals. It also suppresses appetitite.

She can even use it during the week on keto to take a certain amount of post workout carbs with and stay in ketosis. You will have to experiment with this.