PDA

View Full Version : Blood pressure drop - help

LittleBIG
02-10-2009, 02:46 AM
Hi guys!

I have a problem and I thought I'd share it with you and see if you come up with some advice...

I do bb for quite some time but since I started working from 8 am till 5 pm, I was forced by the circumstances to move my workout from the afternoon to early in the morning - 6:30 am ( after work I have to see the girlfriend, walk the dog, feel really tired etc.) :)

I started taking fat burner and a whey protein shake prior to the workout - I did put on some fat during winter and I thought early morning workouts are great to burn the son of a !@#$% :) Everything felt great for over 1,5 months - lots of power, energy ...

This week I sarted feeling really dizzy torwards the end of each workout, felt like I was going to faint ... The reason is that somehow the last week my blood pressure seems to drop rapidly after the firs 40-50 minutes in the gym...

I was thinking that my body simply adapted to the fat burner and the caffeine inside, so no it needs more caffeine to stay "awake" during the whole workout .... Or maybe I should avoyd bigger weights so early in the morning ? ( I start the workout after 5-10 min. on the treadmill, I don't hit the weights hard from the start)

Any suggestions? Should I get some diet Coke after the first 30 minutes or should I just carry on and hope I get to work without crashing with the car ... Need some advice, looking forward to some good advice!!!

DOIT
02-10-2009, 05:09 AM
Doing cardio in the morning after fasting all night will lead to an effective fat loss scenario but if you are trying to have strong heavy workouts you will need the calories. Did you recently take up the keto diet? If you are not on the diet then try a piece or two of whole grain toast with jelly and butter right when you wake. Before you head to the gym have the protein shake and that should help alot. Also get atleast eight hours of sleep.

LittleBIG
02-10-2009, 04:10 PM
Hey, thanks for the tips ... Now that you mensioned it, I realise that I didn't really get that much sleep in the past days - I had to study for an exam. This might be a good explenation - usually go to bed around 10:30 pm and in the past days I stayed up till 1 am ...

Just for the record - I'm not on a tough diet, what I do is have 6 meals a day, first 4 meals are normal - carbs, protein and fat, meal 5 is just plain lettace and some chicken/fish (meal 5 is usually around 7-8 pm) and meal 6 is a shake with some glutamine prior to going to bed.

This year I started early with the food restriction and do modifications slowly - last year I made a mistake and wanted to cut too much too fast ... At the end I lost alot of muscle.

My idea is to burn whatever I have left in the stomache in terms of food with the 30 minute intense weight training and then 30 minutes of cardio burn some fat ...

Right now it's going well...

Asmolenski
02-10-2009, 06:32 PM
How do you know your blood pressure is dropping - are you measuring it somehow? If so what numbers are you running? I think what you are feeling is more likely low glucose levels...

LittleBIG
02-11-2009, 05:37 AM
Thanks man! I did some research and came out with this info:
1 - rapid drop of blood sugar could cause the dizziness
2 - lack of carbs prior the workout
3 - Dehidration ( not in my case, I drink alot of water during the workout)

i'll try to throw in a few grams of instant oats in the pre workout shake and I'll see how it goes. Update coming soon.

NTBB
02-21-2009, 09:39 PM
Yep Sounds hypoglycemic to me.
Just throw some simple sugars in around training, this will increase insulin (the hormone which helps anabolism). But the problem will be you may get dizzy again after but at least its not hindering your workouts

LittleBIG
02-23-2009, 03:49 AM
Yeap, it seems that you guys are right - some sugar during workout does the job.
I don't know about any of you, but lately i haven't been feeling all that well - maybe it's the weather...
I'm thinking of taking some Animal Pak to boost my overall performance - what do you think of it? Have any of you tried it?

LittleBIG
02-23-2009, 03:49 AM
Thanks for the advice, you have been really helpful!!!

Asmolenski
02-23-2009, 08:04 PM
Yeap, it seems that you guys are right - some sugar during workout does the job.
I don't know about any of you, but lately i haven't been feeling all that well - maybe it's the weather...
I'm thinking of taking some Animal Pak to boost my overall performance - what do you think of it? Have any of you tried it?

Make sure you are getting enough sleep and giving yourself enough time for recovery between workouts. I don't like to take "energy supplements" - they are bad for your heart and they raise cortisol levels which is catabolic for muscle growth. If you are eating right and getting enough rest then you should be fine.

LittleBIG
02-24-2009, 03:36 AM
What do you mean by "enegry supplements" - maybe fat burners with caffeine, taurine etc.
Animal Pak is a multyvitamin with minerals, aminos, joint support and helps you in recovering much faster by giving you the essential material you need as a hard training person .... That's the way I see it. Maybe I'm wrong, but I did some research in the net and it looks ok to me.
P.S
Some instant oats in the preworkout shake do the job - I feel great during the whole workout :)

Asmolenski
02-24-2009, 08:33 AM
What do you mean by "enegry supplements" - maybe fat burners with caffeine, taurine etc.
Animal Pak is a multyvitamin with minerals, aminos, joint support and helps you in recovering much faster by giving you the essential material you need as a hard training person .... That's the way I see it. Maybe I'm wrong, but I did some research in the net and it looks ok to me.
P.S
Some instant oats in the preworkout shake do the job - I feel great during the whole workout :)

That stuff has a ton of different ingredients including stimulants like ginseng and anti inflammatories like Smilax Officinalis(Root). Ginseng's most common side-effects is the inability to sleep but other side-effects can include nausea, diarrhea, euphoria, headaches, nose bleeds, high blood pressure and low blood pressure. Anti inflammatories can retard the muscle repair process and should be avoided.

thepump
03-21-2009, 05:56 AM
i have a friend. she is a certified nurse. she can help with real heath related q.a bro let me know.

LittleBIG
03-24-2009, 06:30 PM
Thanks guys but my condition is already better - I think it was lack of rest. As soon as I started getting about 8 hours of sleep everything was back to normal :)
Besides I live on the other side of the ocean so it would be tough to diagnose :)

suman12
02-25-2011, 10:58 PM
You are right you need some rest and be careful about your foods.Avoid junk foods and eat healthy and less oily foods.

how to get muscles (http://bodybuilding-tips.yourhealthorbit.com/)