PDA

View Full Version : Pure Strength Routine

Joshua H
09-27-2009, 10:20 AM
Wanted to get some feed back from you expert powerlifters/strength trainers for how my latest plan looks.

I am on week 3 starting tomorrow. I have set aside my bodybuilding goals for a while now and decided to take a shot at powerlifting type training and maybe even a meet sometime soon.

My max lifts right now are:

500lb deadlift
250lbs bench (needs work yes)
400lb squat

I am 205lbs at 6'2'' and 25 years old.

My program is attached.

My diet took a turn in that I need to stay around 205 or under for the meet I plan to do in WI in early November.

I eat 6x a day every day with the only difference being a post workout shake in place of a whole food meal on my training days vs rest days. I eat super clean all week long as I feel like shit when I eat junk and then struggle to eat my other meals after that.

I bring in about ~3300 calories a day with some flux between workout and rest days. My 3 rest days is normaly just 40 minutes of cardio first thing in the morning via treadmill with HR at about 120-130, used only for weight control and regeneration. I now stretch 3-4x a week using advanced stretching means as well to stay loose and mobile.

Please look at the game plan and let me know what ya all think so far. Much appretiated.

GameofInches
09-27-2009, 11:43 AM
I would suggest you formulate or follow a routine that enables you to "peak" for the contest and deload the week before the meet. Personally I think you should drop some of the accesory movements and add more working sets to the compound movements (ie. drop calf raises and leg curls and do 5 sets of STLD, etc). You are closing in on the meet pretty soon so you need to start focusing in specifically for the meet. What numbers are you looking to hit at the meet? And what weigh class are you doing, 198? That's just my opinion. I am sure others can post their opinions in order to help out. Keep asking more questions and goodluck with training!