PDA

View Full Version : Spider63: Lost 178 lbs.

spider63
09-28-2009, 09:15 AM
In 2002-2004, I had reached a high of 422 lbs. This January 1, 2009, I was at 301 lbs. Today I am: 246.

Besides dieting and exercise, one thing that helped me was blogging about my weightloss journey (http://fitness63.blogspot.com/). I met a lot of other people who were on the same boat. Some of them succeeded and inspired me to succeed also! :hmn:

I do mostly a lot of cardio. Try for 2 or 3 times on the days when I am not working, and at least 1 or 2 times a day on the days when I am working.

What I do is 30-60 minutes on the Elliptical cardio machine, which is sometimes like the ski machine. I like it better than treadmill or the stairmaster machines for me. It is easier for my ankles. Every person is different, so you might like the treadmill or stairmaster more. I do at least 30-60 minutes each time, try for 3 or 3X a day or at least 60 minutes once a day. That exercise will keep your metabolism burning calories at a higher rate than if you are just sitting at your office all day!

The other exercise that I enjoy is bicycling. Riding around on a bike is a lot of fun and it is a good supplement to the cardio machines. Walking in the park is another fun activity. Staying active every day is important, in my humble opinion.

The other important thing is to STAY HUNGRY!!! Every time you eat, stay hungry. Eat a little bit. Eat whenever you are hungry, but do not eat until you are completely full. STAY HUNGRY!! That is the key for me, when I am losing weight every day and burning up the fat.

I also lift weights and do weight training. Muscle is denser and burns up more calories every day just for body maintenance, so weightlifting also helps to lose weight, and it tones your body!

GOOD LUCK getting in shape!! It is all about effort and never being disappointed when you make mistakes. One day at a time, you can succeed!! :allgood:

Swede
09-28-2009, 10:50 AM
Amazing feat,

But if you can lose 178 pounds im sure you'renot too lazy to post photos? =) pretty boring without...

BigJD69
09-28-2009, 10:50 AM
Congrats on your weight loss!!! Post pics.

ricker35910
09-28-2009, 07:54 PM
thats fucking awesome bro, keep it up...

spider63
09-29-2009, 04:13 AM
Amazing feat,

But if you can lose 178 pounds im sure you'renot too lazy to post photos? =) pretty boring without...

OK, I had not figured it out the first time. Hope this works! The photos of when I am huge are from 2004-2005. The most recent photos is when I am at 260 (pink background) and at 245 (outside). Thanks for making the suggestion!!

spider63
10-24-2009, 08:13 PM
Well over the past month that I have been driving 4-4.5 hours round trip to my new job in another city, I have gained over 10 lbs. The main culprit is that I am eating a lot when I am driving home at night. Sometimes I am so tired and sleepy that I am literally driving off the road. I am usually driving on US 41 or Alligator Alley, and both roads are straight all the way. US 41 is one lane each way and swamp all around it, so it is very boring and at night there are no lights so it is easy to let the eyes get tired.

I am not complaining, because I love my new job and I hope to move to Naples soon, but I am just saying that in order to stay awake I am eating a lot of food. Sometimes it is those 15g protein bars that have about 210 calories each, and other times I break down completely and have a couple of small bags of potato chips. My will power is especially weak when I am tired.

That is kind of lame, but I am being honest and hope that I am going to get some motivation and tough love here. I am feeling like a real pussy and I am letting some circumstances sabotage everything that I worked so hard for, and I know that this is gut check time and I need to toughen up and push myself and stop giving myself excuses. It is about accountability, and I am being a wimp and the kind of lame-O that I would have no respect for. I cannot gain weight under any reasons. There is no justification.

I have been getting into the gym more the past couple of weeks, and that is good. However, I used to put in 2 hours of cardio every day, and now I am down to 45 minutes.

Another stress is my GF who wants more time and I don't have it and she is giving me a lot of drama and stress and I just want to cut the cord and go solo but I am afraid I will be lonely.

sweed
11-04-2009, 09:08 PM
Keep it up! pre make some food for the ride!!
Naples is a beautiful area!!

GREAT JOB!! incredible work!

Sledge
11-04-2009, 09:39 PM
Fantastic work.

Agree with Sweed. Pre make some good food for driving time..

spider63
11-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Fantastic work. Agree with Sweed. Pre make some good food for driving time..

Thanks for the suggestions!! I made tuna one day, and I have been drinking diet cola or zero, even though that is bad for the teeth, it has no calories and lots of caffeine. Working out more too!!

DICE
11-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Good work buddy. Go read Darnell B post. It will motivate you. Keep it up.

tankcraft
02-16-2010, 08:05 PM
Man, that is insperational

barbellbarbie
02-16-2010, 08:08 PM
incredible job! you are literally the first person i have ever met that beat my weight loss number hehe i have tons of respect i know how difficult it can be keep workin it :)