PDA

View Full Version : Fastest Way to Ketosis

Icy.Phoenix
09-30-2009, 10:23 PM
What is the fastest way to get into Ketosis.

I was reading on Bodybuilding.com that eating 70% fat 30% protein at the beginning gets you into ketosis faster since less gluconeogenesis occurs.

So what better place to ask about a Keto diet and all its tricks than RxMuscle.

Would doing high rep/volume/intensity carb depletion workouts help at the beginning ?

I know not to do high volume once in ketosis.

Thanks,

Icy

DAVIDHARDY
10-01-2009, 06:18 AM
What is the fastest way to get into Ketosis.

I was reading on Bodybuilding.com that eating 70% fat 30% protein at the beginning gets you into ketosis faster since less gluconeogenesis occurs.

So what better place to ask about a Keto diet and all its tricks than RxMuscle.

Would doing high rep/volume/intensity carb depletion workouts help at the beginning ?

I know not to do high volume once in ketosis.

Thanks,

Icy

If you think about it, the fastest way into ketosis would be to shoot insulin at the beginning...but that is extremly risky and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone that I didn't want dead lol. Give it a shot, but it's only gonna take a few days and once you're in ketosis, you won't even remember the sufering that you went through to get there. Just ride it out; it's gonna suck, but it won't take too long. Frosty also has said that he likes to use Vanadyl Sulfate to jump into ketosis quicker after his refeed. Do a search for it in the "Official Keto Thread" and it'll pop up.

juggernaut
10-01-2009, 06:22 AM
according to who ask the best way to enter ketosis, without the use of insulin-of which I know nadda, is to do 2 days of high rep work (3x15-20 reps x 2 with a three minute break in between) full body workouts. After that, as the diet rids itself of glycogen (glycolisis-excuse the shitty spelling), I'd say Dave's diet, or Lyle McDonalds' PSMF diets are the best way to stay in ketosis. I did both and they worked amazingly well.

GirlyMuscle
10-01-2009, 07:42 AM
I asked Dave this once...his reply...Get right back on the diet!

Sledge
10-01-2009, 08:09 AM
Think of it as detox. it takes 2-4 days to get the toxins out of your system. The only way to speed it up, Burn more glycogen.

juggernaut
10-01-2009, 11:26 AM
I asked Dave this once...his reply...Get right back on the diet!true story

Sledge
10-01-2009, 11:37 AM
I swear this is true. I find if I have a few bourbons I go into ketosis quicker.

KBigz81
10-01-2009, 12:28 PM
I heard ala and HIIT cardio for 5 days.

GirlyMuscle
10-01-2009, 04:30 PM
It only takes three days to go into ketosis. Why five days of HIIT?

lomox
10-01-2009, 05:00 PM
It only takes three days to go into ketosis. Why five days of HIIT?

Isn't it different for everyone?

FoodFreak
10-01-2009, 07:04 PM
No need to complicate it. but to get In ketosis faster, prioritize calories from fat vs protein for a few days. VS helps because it gets insulin and blood sugar down. Helps, but not necessary.

msrrykonta
10-02-2009, 09:15 AM
Hi Icy.Phoenix,

Well,No a meal consisting of complex carbs + protein + fat pre workout .Something like a fatty cut of meat and some brown rice with sauteed onions .If it were morning bacon eggs and oatmeal and milk.Then a shake with your dex+whey 15-20 minutes after your workout cool-down or right after then stretch or what not.Then fast and don't eat before bed and start straight keto in the morning.

Thanks

juggernaut
10-02-2009, 10:24 AM
It only takes three days to go into ketosis. Why five days of HIIT?GM makes a good point; isnt too much of HIIT catabolic? I've read that is and can be. Can anyone back that up?