PDA

View Full Version : How do you know if you got low test

bodyhard
10-01-2009, 07:25 PM
Besides going to the DOC? Are there symptoms? If so what would they be?

I ask because I will soon be 46, yet from what I am told the following things would suggest low test yet I don't have any of it.

1) Low sex drive Hell no I have to have sex everyday if not I will masturbate.
2) Low aggression I have a very very high aggression and get into a bunch of shit due to it.
3) Tiredness I am like a spark plug, full of energy in fact a little too much. I can't sit still.
4) Depression Nope I am never depressed, although when I was in my accident I was depressed but that was expected.

So is there any other signs I should look for? I want to do extremely well next year in my first comp. I am still growing and regaining my size, but wondering if the reason why I am growing is just muscle memory and once I get to my original size will the gains stop.

Baldiewonkanobi
10-01-2009, 07:29 PM
John....how much for a pint of blood? I'll pay the handling/shipping.

Baldie

bodyhard
10-01-2009, 07:39 PM
John....how much for a pint of blood? I'll pay the handling/shipping.

Baldie

LMFAO Bill, but I am serious, how would I know? I would hate to go through all of the working out and supplements to find out my test would stop me from reaching my full potential.

I am growing, but I think it is mostly due to muscle memory. But what happens when i get back to my original size/mass? Will I just stop fucking growing?

I guess the only real way to know is to get check correct?

Or should I be OK if the above mentioned aspects are all in-check?

esplendido
10-01-2009, 07:46 PM
I grew like a weed my first year back at 47. After that year I had a complete blood workup done. My IGF-1 was over the high range but my test was 237 (in a range of 300-900 for normal). So IGF-1 played a larger role than test did in my growth. I went on HRT then and haven't looked back. Still growing!

bodyhard
10-01-2009, 08:40 PM
I grew like a weed my first year back at 47. After that year I had a complete blood workup done. My IGF-1 was over the high range but my test was 237 (in a range of 300-900 for normal). So IGF-1 played a larger role than test did in my growth. I went on HRT then and haven't looked back. Still growing!

How long were you out prior to getting back at it at 47?

soon2bswoll
10-01-2009, 09:32 PM
How does one go about seeking HRT. I am only 31 but I feel like I got all the symptoms.

gman
10-01-2009, 09:35 PM
John, you got so much test you could sell some from your blood and still have too much leftover! lol

I had all 4 of the symptoms, and still have the depression part even on HRT. The other 3 are doing better though!

blu2xtreme
10-01-2009, 09:48 PM
John, you got so much test you could sell some from your blood and still have too much leftover! lol

I had all 4 of the symptoms, and still have the depression part even on HRT. The other 3 are doing better though!

Too funny I was thinking the same thing about him....you men are never manly enough:p

gman
10-01-2009, 09:52 PM
I don;t think you have a problem John, but you can get the bloodwork prescription from privatemdlabs.com for about $150 and go have it taken at Labcorp, you will have the results a day or two later.

Get total testosterone, free testosterone, estradiol, and Sex hormone binding globulin tested, and maybe IGF-1 as well.

Baldiewonkanobi
10-01-2009, 11:19 PM
John, I was grumpy, moody, lazy, soft, still trained but half ass, no libido, OLD. Tested at 209. Doc said I was the "strongest girl in the gym". Now with minimal HRT I'm back to my normal ass hole'ee self. You show NONE of these signs.

Baldie

bodyhard
10-01-2009, 11:22 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies, I guess I am still OK. But good to know.

esplendido
10-02-2009, 12:46 AM
How long were you out prior to getting back at it at 47?
14 years.

Oldsuperman
10-02-2009, 01:32 AM
14 years.

I was the same except my test was 126! :eek:

I've been on 18 years now. :yep:

Oldsuperman
10-02-2009, 01:35 AM
Thanks everyone for the replies, I guess I am still OK. But good to know.

Come on John! ;)

We all now your :wank: our chains! ;)

bodyhard
10-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Come on John! ;)

We all now your :wank: our chains! ;)
LMFAO!!!

No typically I would try, but just getting up there in age and was really curious to know.

I am also somewhat concern from all the years of drug and alcohol abuse, thought maybe it would start taking its toll on me as I get older.

Oldsuperman
10-02-2009, 11:52 AM
LMFAO!!!

No typically I would try, but just getting up there in age and was really curious to know.

I am also somewhat concern from all the years of drug and alcohol abuse, thought maybe it would start taking its toll on me as I get older.

The easiest thing to do is just go get the blood work done and have it all checked out. it's not expensive and then at least you'd have a baseline for your numbers.

bodyhard
10-02-2009, 01:03 PM
The easiest thing to do is just go get the blood work done and have it all checked out. it's not expensive and then at least you'd have a baseline for your numbers.

Once I am finish with the shoulder surgery and my rehab, prior to starting my training I will do just that, just so that I know where my starting point is at.

freebirdmac
10-02-2009, 06:56 PM
You? Low on test?? Now that would be scary!!! :eek:

bodyhard
10-02-2009, 10:42 PM
You? Low on test?? Now that would be scary!!! :eek:

LMFAO!! Hmmm some more members coming in? Nice! New AV? Love it! Just hope the fucking wannabees stay where they belong this place is not for the faint hearted trust me when I tell ya..;)

freebirdmac
10-02-2009, 11:37 PM
LMFAO!! Hmmm some more members coming in? Nice! New AV? Love it! Just hope the fucking wannabees stay where they belong this place is not for the faint hearted trust me when I tell ya..;)

Well, I am a wannabe. I'll admit that. :) So I'll be lurking around trying to learn as much as I can. And you're right about it not being for the faint-hearted! Looking at the physiques around here makes me feel even more scrawny and makes the other place look like the junior league!

Good luck on the shoulder surgery!

jlgiller
10-02-2009, 11:52 PM
Blood work is the only way to know for sure, message triceptor he is the test guru. I drive my gyno nuts getting tested to see if my hormone levels are low. When a womans drops to a certain point she needs to get on replacement thearpy asap or later it may not help. With men it's different it works now matter how long it's been low. Another thing that you get and we don't!

blu2xtreme
10-03-2009, 01:29 AM

Well, I am a wannabe. I'll admit that. :) So I'll be lurking around trying to learn as much as I can. And you're right about it not being for the faint-hearted! Looking at the physiques around here makes me feel even more scrawny and makes the other place look like the junior league!

Might be a wannabe also but seeing familiar faces is a comfy thing ...and who wouldn't want to watch Bodyhard fight his way through this place ... they haven't a clue to his true inner strength :yep:

bodyhard
10-03-2009, 12:00 PM

You can't admit to being a wanna-be that defeats the whole word. Admitting that you don't know much and are willing to learn is the NORM ;)

Thanks, after the surgery I am giving it fucking hell, taking names and not keeping any fucking prisoner!

Blood work is the only way to know for sure, message triceptor he is the test guru. I drive my gyno nuts getting tested to see if my hormone levels are low. When a womans drops to a certain point she needs to get on replacement thearpy asap or later it may not help. With men it's different it works now matter how long it's been low. Another thing that you get and we don't!

:D :D I hear ya!

Might be a wannabe also but seeing familiar faces is a comfy thing ...and who wouldn't want to watch Bodyhard fight his way through this place ... they haven't a clue to his true inner strength :yep:

I don't need familiar faces to fit anywhere. I wreck havoc where ever I fucking go. I love going to a new place, find the biggest baddest motherfucker in the place and break his fucking jaw! :eek:

Also, you are NOT a wanna be.

Tatyana
10-03-2009, 12:18 PM

Actually, your FSH and LH will be high.

It is hard to go on oestradiol and progesterone as these levels fluctuate throughout your cycle.

The blood tests are useful, but the clinical symptoms of menopause are still necessary to diagnose menopause.

blu2xtreme
10-03-2009, 12:45 PM
I don't need familiar faces to fit anywhere. I wreck havoc where ever I fucking go. I love going to a new place, find the biggest baddest motherfucker in the place and break his fucking jaw! :eek:

Also, you are NOT a wanna be.

I know you do...like I said got to love watching you in action :daz:

Thanks - one day :yep:

Love the new smilies:hypno:

bodyhard
10-03-2009, 02:49 PM
I know you do...like I said got to love watching you in action :daz:

Thanks - one day :yep:

Love the new smilies:hypno:

Yeah I love the new characters :wiggle::bouncy::erection::wanker::atm:

blu2xtreme
10-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Yeah I love the new characters
:erection::wanker::atm:

Definitely have my faves:p

Crusader
10-04-2009, 05:45 PM
Once I am finish with the shoulder surgery and my rehab, prior to starting my training I will do just that, just so that I know where my starting point is at.

Some info:

http://adamtest.com/index.html

Loki
10-04-2009, 06:25 PM

Which type of surgery are you getting? a scope, replacements? etc