PDA

View Full Version : Pre-contest check list?

Darnelle B
10-02-2009, 06:12 AM
What to do first?

How many weeks out do you get your trunks?
Tan?
What else is there to does anyone have a list. Lol

my first show is in 6 weeks and I'm lost on what to do first.

hulk7280
10-02-2009, 11:06 AM
get your trunks now..

if your talking about tanning bed tanning.. it all depends.. i never do it.. some people start it at 5 weeks or so out..

4 coats of jan tana fixes that for me, so i dont do tanning beds.

Darnelle B
10-02-2009, 12:46 PM
get your trunks now..

if your talking about tanning bed tanning.. it all depends.. i never do it.. some people start it at 5 weeks or so out..

4 coats of jan tana fixes that for me, so i dont do tanning beds.

well I'm black so no need for tanning bed. Lol

So guess I would need one coat or maybe a spray tan?

Where do you guys get your trunks I may order from bodybuilding.com

juggernaut
10-02-2009, 12:47 PM
What to do first?

How many weeks out do you get your trunks?
Tan?
What else is there to does anyone have a list. Lol

my first show is in 6 weeks and I'm lost on what to do first.http://www.activeboard.com/forum.spark?aBID=113424&p=3&topicID=26825151

Darnelle B
10-02-2009, 11:11 PM
ok going to order my trunks now.

what should i do about tanning? im black

what do i do about hair removel. when to i start that?

my first show guys please help me. i need like a small check list on what to do first?

Darnelle B
10-02-2009, 11:15 PM
how do i figgure what size trunks to order. i guess a large. im ordering from bb.com

juggernaut
10-02-2009, 11:40 PM
I always bought Andreas Cahling posing trunks, best fit and well fit for any body type. I wouldnt buy from bbing.com, go directly to the AC site. I just looked and it shows how they need to fit.

juggernaut
10-02-2009, 11:43 PM
ok going to order my trunks now.

what should i do about tanning? im black

what do i do about hair removel. when to i start that?

my first show guys please help me. i need like a small check list on what to do first?I'd tell you to tan, even if you feel youre still dark enough under the lights, it will look better under the lights. Use JanTana for both color and sheen.

Use a razor 2 weeks before and time how long before razor bumps take to go down and stubble to appear.

Darnelle B
10-03-2009, 12:20 AM
I always bought Andreas Cahling posing trunks, best fit and well fit for any body type. I wouldnt buy from bbing.com, go directly to the AC site. I just looked and it shows how they need to fit.

it does not let me pick a color on that site

juggernaut
10-03-2009, 09:01 AM
This (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=andreas+cahling+posing+trunks)should help

Sledge
10-03-2009, 09:05 AM
Hope you've made a detailed list of your post contest meal.

maxxmuscle
10-03-2009, 12:24 PM
Get everything you need EARLY ! Posing Trunks are the worst thing to get ! I went through lots of different ones last Contest as i wasnt happy with the Fit or Colour etc ! You cant send stuff like that back either,so ended up with about a dozen sets lol ! Always have a Spare set also.....

Darnelle B
10-03-2009, 12:37 PM
Get everything you need EARLY ! Posing Trunks are the worst thing to get ! I went through lots of different ones last Contest as i wasnt happy with the Fit or Colour etc ! You cant send stuff like that back either,so ended up with about a dozen sets lol ! Always have a Spare set also.....

Ok I still lost. Lol I want to order my trunks now meaning today but I don't know what is best? Where do you order from? And how do you size it?
Now as far as tannning with me being a black guy I really don't know what to due or use. Lol man it's my first show and I'm lost. I want to order to pair of trunks today.

Darnelle B
10-03-2009, 02:27 PM
help!!!! lol i guess i can just order from bb.com my trunks and get some tanning info a black bber.lol

my first show and i'm going nuts.lol

MsGuns
10-03-2009, 02:34 PM
http://www.physiquecompetitor.com/article_CompetitionChecklist.htm

juggernaut
10-03-2009, 02:36 PM
Google Joe franco; he's got 4 podcasts out that deal with this sibject altogether. He also has a posing video for newbs and veterans all around.

juggernaut
10-03-2009, 03:05 PM
http://franco_j.tripod.com/competitionpc.html

Towards the bottom, there's the podcasts. They're good sources of information and I'd also suggest the video.

Darnelle B
10-03-2009, 03:05 PM
ok i found a place to get my trunks. now what is better guys french cut or flex cut?

Darnelle B
10-03-2009, 03:13 PM
http://www.physiquecompetitor.com/article_CompetitionChecklist.htm

thank you much?

when should i start ordering the tanning stuff and from what site do you guys order from

juggernaut
Depends on your build. I have a bulkier physique and always liked the sides thicker-kind of classic looking. Best thing to do is get a bunch of physiques that match your build and see what they wear.

juggernaut
thank you much?

when should i start ordering the tanning stuff and from what site do you guys order fromhttp://www.jantana.com/

MsGuns
10-03-2009, 03:14 PM
thank you much?

when should i start ordering the tanning stuff and from what site do you guys order from

You have plenty of time..stop panicking...lol
Does the show you are doing have an official tanner?

Darnelle B
10-03-2009, 03:19 PM
Depends on your build. I have a bulkier physique and always liked the sides thicker-kind of classic looking. Best thing to do is get a bunch of physiques that match your build and see what they wear.

yea i have a bulker physique also what cut do you get?

RDFinders
10-03-2009, 03:20 PM
too much in panic mode. do your jan tana color the day before. 4 coats should do you well. if you feel you need more do 5 coats.

trunks - do not get full coverage on your butt. it will only look bigger and that is not a good look for a guy, esp since this the only clothing you will have on.

relax. relax. relax. did i say relax? well, relax. and relax again.

Darnelle B
10-03-2009, 03:21 PM
You have plenty of time..stop panicking...lol
Does the show you are doing have an official tanner?

i dont know how can i find out. do they do it frre at most shows? i'm doing the Eastern USA

Darnelle B
10-03-2009, 03:22 PM
too much in panic mode. do your jan tana color the day before. 4 coats should do you well. if you feel you need more do 5 coats.

trunks - do not get full coverage on your butt. it will only look bigger and that is not a good look for a guy, esp since this the only clothing you will have on.

relax. relax. relax. did i say relax? well, relax. and relax again.

lol i calm now. just 6 weeks out first show. just dont wanna be lost.

Darnelle B
10-03-2009, 03:24 PM
should i go more with a Brazil Cut? or premier?

juggernaut
10-03-2009, 03:24 PM
lol i calm now. just 6 weeks out first show. just dont wanna be lost.
Keep posting your questions here; I'll check in and calm you down. Ask anything you need to know. I've/We've been there and know.

juggernaut
10-03-2009, 03:26 PM
i dont know how can i find out. do they do it frre at most shows? i'm doing the Eastern USALOL no. Sorry. If youre doing the USA, make sure you are a member of the organization before you get to the place. It's a pain in the ass the day of the show.

Darnelle B
10-03-2009, 03:28 PM
LOL no. Sorry. If youre doing the USA, make sure you are a member of the organization before you get to the place. It's a pain in the ass the day of the show.

ok so i will do the tanning my self. im going to send my npc card app in next week.

i going to oder that tanning stuff today is that all i need as far as tanning supply?

Darnelle B
10-03-2009, 03:30 PM
is this what i should order?http://www.jantana.com/index.php/competition-color/ultra-1-hi-definition-color.html

MsGuns
10-03-2009, 03:30 PM
i dont know how can i find out. do they do it frre at most shows? i'm doing the Eastern USA

Have you registered for the show yet?
The info is normally on the site.
Isnt there a thread on here about the show...
You should ask in there too.

Darnelle B
10-03-2009, 03:57 PM
Have you registered for the show yet?
The info is normally on the site.
Isnt there a thread on here about the show...
You should ask in there too.

i did not register yet.

i think there is not at this show.

juggernaut
10-03-2009, 04:17 PM
is this what i should order?http://www.jantana.com/index.php/competition-color/ultra-1-hi-definition-color.html
You should have enough for this http://www.jantana.com/index.php/competition-color/ultra-1-hi-definition-color-collection-1.html and its always good to trial it.
This comes with everything. I realize your color may be different, but the beauty of this stuff is that it does get darker with each coating and a good sheen.

Darnelle B
10-03-2009, 04:20 PM
You should have enough for this http://www.jantana.com/index.php/competition-color/ultra-1-hi-definition-color-collection-1.html and its always good to trial it.
This comes with everything. I realize your color may be different, but the beauty of this stuff is that it does get darker with each coating and a good sheen.

ok i will get that. does it come with the order i should apply it. my fiance will be putting it on me.

Darnelle B
10-03-2009, 04:21 PM
http://www.jagware-posingsuits.com/ this where i';m getting my trunks still not sure on what type of cut to get?

MsGuns
10-03-2009, 04:30 PM
http://www.jagware-posingsuits.com/ this where i';m getting my trunks still not sure on what type of cut to get?

email or call the owner...

Darnelle B
10-03-2009, 04:41 PM
email or call the owner...

he said get french cut! but that will make my butt look big.lol

but if that is best i will get that one. i just need to make a choice by monday.lol

MsGuns
10-03-2009, 04:42 PM

but if that is best i will get that one. i just need to make a choice by monday.lol

how do you know? you havent tried on posting trunks b4.

Is there any1 @ your gym that can help you?

Darnelle B
10-03-2009, 04:44 PM
how do you know? you havent tried on posting trunks b4.

Is there any1 @ your gym that can help you?

no body really i have friends that compete but they train at other gyms.

MsGuns
10-03-2009, 04:49 PM
no body really i have friends that compete but they train at other gyms.

Have you talked to them about how to get ready?
You should pick on competitor/trainer and go from there.

Darnelle B
10-03-2009, 05:02 PM
Have you talked to them about how to get ready?
You should pick on competitor/trainer and go from there.

I been trying to pick everyone brain but you guys have gave me the most info. Lol

MsGuns
10-03-2009, 05:26 PM
I been trying to pick everyone brain but you guys have gave me the most info. Lol

Im saying just pick one guy and ask him what he did for his show.
Preferably some1 close to you.

MsGuns
10-03-2009, 05:30 PM
I see KAT did this show last yr.
You should talk to her about the show.
Maybe you can get Colette to tan you.

MsGuns
10-03-2009, 06:04 PM
Have you been in this thread?
Show Preparation Tips and Pointers - RX Muscle Forums

RDFinders
10-03-2009, 06:08 PM
the best advice i was ever given on purchasing a suit - get the smallest cut possible for your glutes. so if you are comfortable with the tinest coverage on your rear, go for it.

STACEYK
10-03-2009, 06:36 PM

D, email PJ Braun on here, he is awesome-he will give you some good advice on suit selection, or on this forum, pick some guys that have competed around your height, etc and pm them asking them what type they went with since they are close to your height:)

Darnelle B
10-04-2009, 06:51 AM
Ok after doing some research I may go with the flex cut for my trunks. That seem like the right one. So Monday I will be placing an order.

Ordering from cherry bombs. Anybody order from there before?

Sledge
10-04-2009, 08:49 AM
A cut and paste I saved ages ago. hope it helps.

A bodybuilder must choose trunks or bikinis in accordance to his/her body type and skin color. Never buy a
specific color or cut simply because another competitor looks good in them, or the color appears attractive. Here
are some buying/designing tips*:
• Those with a long torso should wear high waist cut trunks. Those with a short torso should wear low
waist cut trunks. The cut visually can help to alter the upper body length to suggest better proportions.
• Those with long legs should wear low leg cut trunks. Those with short legs should wear high leg cut
trunks. The cut visually can help to alter the lower body length to suggest proportions.
• Black and other dark colors can make the hips look smaller, and accentuate the width of the shoulders
and sweep of the thighs.
• Those with pale skin should not wear white or light colors since this accentuates the paleness, making
the skin appear washed-out. Light skinned people look best in medium to dark greens, blues, or reds.
• Dark skinned people look best in bright reds, yellows, blues, orange, or cream.
• Very dark skinned people can wear medium to medium bright colors, but should stay away from white
and very bright shades since there is too much contrast between the suit and skin colors; this contrast
appears to cut the physique in half rather than compliment it.
• Those with blond hair should consider pink, turquoise, or green.
• Those with dark hair should consider red, white, fuchsia, or royal blue.
• NOTE: judges do not allow multi-colored suits because of their distracting qualities.

Sledge
10-04-2009, 08:50 AM
Competitors should always be prepared by bringing the following items:
• Gym bag.
• Two posing suits; one for the pre-judging and one for the evening show, since
posing oil will often stain the suit’s material, making the morning suit
unusable.
• One or more warm-up suits.
• One or more towels to wipe excess sweat or oil.
• Professional posing oil; if using cooking oil, almond and avocado work best;
some people prefer using Pam since it is easy to apply; do not use baby oil
since it absorbs too much light, making the body appear shiny and washed out
rather than having a sheen.
• Tanning make-up and sponge applicators.
• At least 2 CDs with the selected posing music, the
backup is necessary in case the original gets damaged.
• Personal grooming kit (hairbrush, mirror, razor, make-up, etc.).
• Enough low sodium, high carbohydrate food to sustain muscle glycogen and
energy levels throughout the day and night.
• A bottle of distilled water.
• Potassium (and perhaps sodium) supplements to control possible cramping
from low mineral and water levels. Consider a sports drink with added
electrolytes and that is low in sodium.
• A pair of sandals or slip-on shoes in case the back stage area is dirty or
unsanitary.
• Springs, rubber cables, etc., to use for pumping up in the event that the show’s
promoter did not supply equipment, or if all the equipment is in use.

Quadsweep
10-04-2009, 12:03 PM
I would use http://cynthia-james.com/ much better fit but you would have to get on it now to get hers. I like her suits waaaay better than AC. What most pros wear actually including Cutler! They will help you with color and size.

Jeff

Darnelle B
10-04-2009, 12:18 PM
I would use http://cynthia-james.com/ much better fit but you would have to get on it now to get hers. I like her suits waaaay better than AC. What most pros wear actually including Cutler! They will help you with color and size.

Jeff

have you tried cherry bomb?

MsGuns
10-04-2009, 12:28 PM

Jeff

ahhhh I forgot about CJ...I luv her and her suits.
She is awesome.

juggernaut
10-04-2009, 02:00 PM
Ok after doing some research I may go with the flex cut for my trunks. That seem like the right one. So Monday I will be placing an order.

Ordering from cherry bombs. Anybody order from there before?I ordered from CB...I didnt like the fit and it became really stringy by the end of the day. I wound up throwing it away.
Darnelle, not to bust your balls, but its six weeks out and you dont have a coach. Not a good idea especially for peak week and all of the details you've been freaking over. I suggest you hire someone and let them do the worrying. This is a tall order for someone to tackle on their own with no experience. I wish you the best of luck, but you really shouldve thought about getting a coach. Joe Franco has churned out consistent winners every time. I'm pushing him on you, but you need someone who knows what theyre doing.

Darnelle B
10-04-2009, 04:22 PM
I ordered from CB...I didnt like the fit and it became really stringy by the end of the day. I wound up throwing it away.
Darnelle, not to bust your balls, but its six weeks out and you dont have a coach. Not a good idea especially for peak week and all of the details you've been freaking over. I suggest you hire someone and let them do the worrying. This is a tall order for someone to tackle on their own with no experience. I wish you the best of luck, but you really shouldve thought about getting a coach. Joe Franco has churned out consistent winners every time. I'm pushing him on you, but you need someone who knows what theyre doing.

I know man I should have but money is kind of tight. Getting married next year so I did not get a coach. But I hope with the hlep from you guys and my fiancé I can get this done alone this time.

I may can pull it off I'm 5 weeks. If not there'd will be other shows. I can along way already. Used to be 450lbs kid. So to even be able to say I almost did it i'm happy. :) thank you all for your help.

One step at a time well order trunks tomorrow.

GirlyMuscle
10-04-2009, 06:26 PM
You'll be fine, Darnelle. And I'll be backstage with ya!

Listen...get your NPC card and register for the show as soon as you can.

Like I said in PMs, don't fret so much about the cut of your trunks. You have no idea what any one style is going to look like so just pick a basic pair.

Tanning for you will probably be one coat of protan.

And I am serious about driving up to do some posing practice if you'd like. Maybe we should get started?

Darnelle B
10-04-2009, 06:37 PM
You'll be fine, Darnelle. And I'll be backstage with ya!

Listen...get your NPC card and register for the show as soon as you can.

Like I said in PMs, don't fret so much about the cut of your trunks. You have no idea what any one style is going to look like so just pick a basic pair.

Tanning for you will probably be one coat of protan.

And I am serious about driving up to do some posing practice if you'd like. Maybe we should get started?

Ok GM. :). Yea we should get started on posing. My job has a great room for posing. O work at Ballys. I'm going to register next week and send the form in for my Npc card as soon as I get paid. And tomorrow I'm going to order my trunks, just going to get flex cut. And tanning I know will be easy.

Thank you GM. Also some of my friend competed will be helping me with posing well they said they will don't know if they will keep there word.

GirlyMuscle
10-04-2009, 11:28 PM
I'll PM you about meeting up. I certainly don't mind coming up and running through some posing with you. Like I said, I can video too and we can go over it and practice, etc.

kungfuprincess007
10-05-2009, 11:39 AM
Here's a good article of what to bring.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ramsey5.htm

Darnelle B
10-06-2009, 04:11 PM
This sucks I called every website you guys gave me. 2 days stright and no body picks up. I guess I will just go with bodybuilding.com. I got the worst luck. Lol

juggernaut
10-06-2009, 04:53 PM
think confidently. Check out Max Muscle too. Ebay usually has some decent stuff. For posing, I'd really recommend Joe's dvd (http://www.totalposing.com/)

Darnelle B
10-06-2009, 04:54 PM
Ok cherry bombs answered the phone and helped me and recommend flex cut. So I will order tonight. :) I glad I got that out the way.

juggernaut
10-06-2009, 05:00 PM
If you have some extra cash, try a good color-nothing too bright; it will look underoos on your dark skin (burgundy is a good color) for the prejudging and a jazzier color for the night show. Again no lighter or pastels-the underoo look can take away from your placement if they dont take you seriously.

DICE
10-06-2009, 06:00 PM
dude, u really need to relax. You are stressing ME out. Bring 2 copies of ur music, a few towels, some food of your/trainers choice. 2 sets of trunks, whatever oil you will use,ipod, i bring a pillow too.... You will be fine. Last word of advice.....spraytan at the show.

Darnelle B
10-06-2009, 08:08 PM
If you have some extra cash, try a good color-nothing too bright; it will look underoos on your dark skin (burgundy is a good color) for the prejudging and a jazzier color for the night show. Again no lighter or pastels-the underoo look can take away from your placement if they dont take you seriously.

I'm going to get red for pre- judging and purple for the night show.

Darnelle B
10-06-2009, 08:11 PM
dude, u really need to relax. You are stressing ME out. Bring 2 copies of ur music, a few towels, some food of your/trainers choice. 2 sets of trunks, whatever oil you will use,ipod, i bring a pillow too.... You will be fine. Last word of advice.....spraytan at the show.

I know bro. Lol just my first show. The show is not doing sprY tanning there I don't think.

Thank you for all the info on what to bring.

juggernaut
10-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Darnell, first shows can go two ways: a) you learn what and what not to do; b) you can be scared shitless, freak out, panic unnecessarily, not write it all down and not enjoy the learning experience.

Choice is yours. I'd choose (a).

Darnelle B
10-06-2009, 10:58 PM
Darnell, first shows can go two ways: a) you learn what and what not to do; b) you can be scared shitless, freak out, panic unnecessarily, not write it all down and not enjoy the learning experience.

Choice is yours. I'd choose (a).

your right i will have fun and make it a leaning experience. i reall thank you for all your help.

Darnelle B
10-06-2009, 10:59 PM
i ordered my trunks :) cant wait to practice in them.

MsGuns
10-06-2009, 11:06 PM
This sucks I called every website you guys gave me. 2 days stright and no body picks up. I guess I will just go with bodybuilding.com. I got the worst luck. Lol

Did you get my PM?

juggernaut
10-06-2009, 11:06 PM
your right i will have fun and make it a leaning experience. i reall thank you for all your help.hey I've been there. Had a great coach too. Made it easy.

DAVIDHARDY
10-06-2009, 11:08 PM
I ordered from CB...I didnt like the fit and it became really stringy by the end of the day. I wound up throwing it away.

Son of a bitch...I just ordered some flex cut from them! Hopefully they are good quality and your expierence was just a fluke.

juggernaut
10-06-2009, 11:10 PM
Cherry Bombs have a so-so reputation. Depends on your build. Cahlings are my favorites. Hopefully you'll have a better experience.

Darnelle B
10-06-2009, 11:19 PM
Did you get my PM?

yea i got your pm i called them also.but no answer. but i orderd from cherrybombs

Darnelle B
10-06-2009, 11:20 PM
Cherry Bombs have a so-so reputation. Depends on your build. Cahlings are my favorites. Hopefully you'll have a better experience.

i hope so she was really helpful. i how they workout for me. i got the flex cut

MsGuns
10-06-2009, 11:22 PM
yea i got your pm i called them also.but no answer. but i orderd from cherrybombs

Thats odd...CJ is very good on calling folks back.

Darnelle B
10-06-2009, 11:24 PM
Thats odd...CJ is very good on calling folks back.

maybe they are super busy. idk but cherry bomb was the only one that called me back.

MsGuns
10-06-2009, 11:25 PM
maybe they are super busy. idk but cherry bomb was the only one that called me back.

Now you have that settle...check on the tanner.

Darnelle B
10-06-2009, 11:57 PM
Now you have that settle...check on the tanner.

yea that is next. i wondering should i pay some one to do it or let my fiance put it on me.... do i strt anning on thursday or friday?

DAVIDHARDY
10-07-2009, 11:19 AM
yea that is next. i wondering should i pay some one to do it or let my fiance put it on me.... do i strt anning on thursday or friday?

Fuck doing it yourself; it takes hour to apply. Get sprayed, just make sure that you tell them to make you dark enough. You're already black, so that shouldn't be a problem, but you never can really be too dark.

Darnelle B
10-07-2009, 11:46 AM
Fuck doing it yourself; it takes hour to apply. Get sprayed, just make sure that you tell them to make you dark enough. You're already black, so that shouldn't be a problem, but you never can really be too dark.

I don't think my show will have spray there so I may have to find some where to do it.

juggernaut
10-07-2009, 11:54 AM
I don't think my show will have spray there so I may have to find some where to do it.or go the easy route and do a protan coating or jan tana.

DAVIDHARDY
10-07-2009, 12:54 PM
I don't think my show will have spray there so I may have to find some where to do it.

I'm sure that you can go to a local tanning location and get them to spray you. It's not any more expensive than buying the bottles of pro-tan that you will need. You are still going to need a stage color to apply, but the monotany of applying the coats will not be there with getting sprayed.

Darnelle B
10-07-2009, 01:53 PM
I'm sure that you can go to a local tanning location and get them to spray you. It's not any more expensive than buying the bottles of pro-tan that you will need. You are still going to need a stage color to apply, but the monotany of applying the coats will not be there with getting sprayed.

what you guys think Thursday I should hit up w tanning solan for a spary tan. Then apply the stage color the night before the show?

DAVIDHARDY
10-07-2009, 01:58 PM
what you guys think Thursday I should hit up w tanning solan for a spary tan. Then apply the stage color the night before the show?

Sounds like a plan. I'm gona get sprayed Thursday night and apply stage color Saturday morning early; might use 2 coats, but I'll see. One coat of JanTana competition color makes you significantly darker, so I might just need one. Get ready to be funky as hell from not showering lol.

Darnelle B
10-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Sounds like a plan. I'm gona get sprayed Thursday night and apply stage color Saturday morning early; might use 2 coats, but I'll see. One coat of JanTana competition color makes you significantly darker, so I might just need one. Get ready to be funky as hell from not showering lol.

Lol yea I know no shower for almost 3 days. Lol

Yea I'm going to get sprayed Thursday. 1 coat should be enough for me. Them some pam spray for some sheen. What else is good for that shine.

juggernaut
10-07-2009, 02:25 PM
the jan tana stuff is good. I'd stay away from pam, since it does mix with the tanners sometimes and it makes it kind of streaky and blotchy. I used protan with pam and stood in the shower for 1 hour at a hotel sanding the shit off of me. Of course, with the protan, that happens. I love the smell of protan...brings me back...

e-rock
10-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Lol yea I know no shower for almost 3 days. Lol

Yea I'm going to get sprayed Thursday. 1 coat should be enough for me. Them some pam spray for some sheen. What else is good for that shine.

palumbo told me to use muscle sheen i thinks it made by pro tan, and i like the stuff. its like a vasealine susbstance but gives a nice shine. u doing the jersey shows this month?

Darnelle B
10-07-2009, 02:38 PM
palumbo told me to use muscle sheen i thinks it made by pro tan, and i like the stuff. its like a vasealine susbstance but gives a nice shine. u doing the jersey shows this month?

No I'm doing the eastern USA. November 14th

Darnelle B
10-07-2009, 02:39 PM
the jan tana stuff is good. I'd stay away from pam, since it does mix with the tanners sometimes and it makes it kind of streaky and blotchy. I used protan with pam and stood in the shower for 1 hour at a hotel sanding the shit off of me. Of course, with the protan, that happens. I love the smell of protan...brings me back...

Ok no pan. Lol so I should spray tan and also but the jantana stuff I told me to buy before?

Darnelle B
10-07-2009, 02:40 PM
How about hot stuff?

juggernaut
10-07-2009, 02:48 PM
that stuff from what I've heard is crapshit. Get in yours eyes and youre fucked. Burns like hell.

e-rock
10-07-2009, 02:49 PM
yeah i heard its not that good either, plus might get your skin irratated, i tried it once and got really flustered and hot

Darnelle B
10-07-2009, 02:50 PM
that stuff from what I've heard is crapshit. Get in yours eyes and youre fucked. Burns like hell.

Which one you recommend?

juggernaut
10-07-2009, 03:12 PM
jantana oil

Darnelle B
10-07-2009, 04:03 PM
jantana oil

so basically the package you told me to get is what I need to apply after the spray tan?

Darnelle B
10-07-2009, 04:10 PM
jantana oil

So how long should your cd be for you posing routine?

juggernaut
10-07-2009, 05:01 PM
so basically the package you told me to get is what I need to apply after the spray tan?exactly

juggernaut
10-07-2009, 05:01 PM
So how long should your cd be for you posing routine?
check the show's time limit...usually it's a minute and will enable you to get in about 15 poses + transitions.

juggernaut
10-07-2009, 05:04 PM
got a link to the show with the competitor form?

Darnelle B
10-07-2009, 05:22 PM
got a link to the show with the competitor form?

http://www.bevfrancis.com/

look under shows it's the eastrean USA

Darnelle B
10-08-2009, 01:40 AM
http://bevfrancis.synthasite.com/

i'm trying to figgure out if i should do just novice or also just jump in to the open?

MsGuns
10-08-2009, 02:14 AM
4 weeks out:
-Begin using a tanning bed if you choose to
-Order both pairs of trunks (different sizes/colors/cuts as needed)
-Order Fake tan of choice
-Make hotel/travel arrangements as necessary
-Begin Performing Mandatories/Posing daily

3 weeks out:
-Begin thinking of a routine/song to pose to for the night show

2 weeks out:
-Begin shaving... perhaps sooner if you're exceptionally hairy

Darnelle B
10-08-2009, 02:41 AM
4 weeks out:
-Begin using a tanning bed if you choose to
-Order both pairs of trunks (different sizes/colors/cuts as needed)
-Order Fake tan of choice
-Make hotel/travel arrangements as necessary
-Begin Performing Mandatories/Posing daily

3 weeks out:
-Begin thinking of a routine/song to pose to for the night show

2 weeks out:
-Begin shaving... perhaps sooner if you're exceptionally hairy

thank you all question i had.

juggernaut
10-08-2009, 11:49 AM
http://bevfrancis.synthasite.com/

i'm trying to figgure out if i should do just novice or also just jump in to the open?It's a pro-qualifier; stay in novice for this one. you'll get wiped out if you arent saucing.

juggernaut
10-08-2009, 11:52 AM
by the way, start with posing at 20 seconds and each time, add 5 seconds. REMEMBER to smile. dont cheese it, but be natural about it.

DAVIDHARDY
10-08-2009, 11:54 AM
It's a pro-qualifier; stay in novice for this one. you'll get wiped out if you arent saucing.

Good observation...you'd just be wasting your money in the open especially since it is:
1- Your 1st show (Some guys do great their first show though)
2- You said that you aren't going to have ripped glutes which are a must at theat level of a show.

Stick with the novice and get your feet wet bro

Darnelle B
10-08-2009, 11:57 AM
It's a pro-qualifier; stay in novice for this one. you'll get wiped out if you arent saucing.

I don't think it a pro qualifer.

Darnelle B
10-08-2009, 11:58 AM
by the way, start with posing at 20 seconds and each time, add 5 seconds. REMEMBER to smile. dont cheese it, but be natural about it.

Ok so each pose hold 20 sec?

Darnelle B
10-08-2009, 11:59 AM
I think I will stay in novice. But I thought I would learn more doing both.

juggernaut
10-08-2009, 12:01 PM
I called, it's a national qualifier.
But as a bonus:

"All athletes
that pre-register
get a
participant
medal."

I'm there baby!!!!!!!
Got get that medal!! WOOOOOO!!

juggernaut
10-08-2009, 12:03 PM
"Contestants may bring a cassette tape or CD preset to a maximum of 60 seconds for all non-open and crossover athletes Open Men and Women will have a max time of 90 seconds.
If tape is not set DJ will play substitute music."

Make sure you have a copy, your wife has a copy and there's a copy in case one breaks.

Darnelle B
10-08-2009, 12:06 PM
I called, it's a national qualifier.
But as a bonus:

"All athletes
that pre-register
get a
participant
medal."

I'm there baby!!!!!!!
Got get that medal!! WOOOOOO!!

Ok so I think I will do both if I get smoked atleast I learned and I can enjoy my victory when I do when a show. I wanna go against the best.

Darnelle B
10-08-2009, 12:08 PM
"Contestants may bring a cassette tape or CD preset to a maximum of 60 seconds for all non-open and crossover athletes Open Men and Women will have a max time of 90 seconds.
If tape is not set DJ will play substitute music."

Make sure you have a copy, your wife has a copy and there's a copy in case one breaks.

So my cd or cassata has to be 90 secs? Or do I have a choice of 60 secs? Since I'm doing both open and novice should I bring a 90 min tape.

juggernaut
10-08-2009, 12:23 PM
I'd do a 1 minute to 70 second routine. you will be nervous and it will give you enough time to not freak. If you want, gather all the photos together that match your physique of poses that make you look best. Review it with GM and accept criticism.
And dont do a cassette. They suck and sound like shit.

Darnelle B
10-08-2009, 12:31 PM
I'd do a 1 minute to 70 second routine. you will be nervous and it will give you enough time to not freak. If you want, gather all the photos together that match your physique of poses that make you look best. Review it with GM and accept criticism.
And dont do a cassette. They suck and sound like shit.

Ok I will do 60 maybe 70 secs yea 90 could feel like a life time up there. Lol

so a routine of pose that make me look great in those 70 secs is the key.

juggernaut
10-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Exactly. I'd select 13-18 poses and allow yourself to throw out at least 3 or 4.

juggernaut
10-12-2009, 11:25 AM
You hanging in there D?

Darnelle B
10-12-2009, 08:51 PM
You hanging in there D?

Yea just getting everything in order. I been practing my posing.

And going to send my app in this weekend. Now just so focus on my diet.

Still trying to find a song to do my routine to.

juggernaut
10-13-2009, 10:29 AM
if you can move fast, or arent afraid to dance on stage, go for a higher tempo, where I found my niche with a slower moving, dramatic song called Fever Dream from the 300 soundtrack and modded it to 1 minute.

Darnelle B
10-13-2009, 11:01 PM
if you can move fast, or arent afraid to dance on stage, go for a higher tempo, where I found my niche with a slower moving, dramatic song called Fever Dream from the 300 soundtrack and modded it to 1 minute.

man I feel like picking a song is hard.lol

juggernaut
10-14-2009, 11:39 AM
just go with what you like

Darnelle B
11-07-2009, 09:27 AM
ok guys im 7 days away and feel like i got everything i need.
how do you guys feel about hot stuff? i keep hearing about it. should i get it or not.

juggernaut
11-07-2009, 01:55 PM
just use Pam spray. Cheap and effective.

Darnelle B
11-07-2009, 02:09 PM
just use Pam spray. Cheap and effective.

Ok got it.

DICE
11-07-2009, 02:16 PM
You have to pat it on though, the pam. Did you pick a song yet? I didn't read.... If not, Kanye and Jeezy, Amazing. The words are perfect.. listen to it...

juggernaut
11-07-2009, 02:17 PM
You have to pat it on though, the pam. Did you pick a song yet? I didn't read.... If not, Kanye and Jeezy, Amazing. The words are perfect.. listen to it...why would pat on Pam? I've never done that.

DICE
11-07-2009, 02:19 PM
^ read up. Trust me. Pat that shit on after you spray it. Something to do with the way it shines... I don't know. lol.

juggernaut
11-07-2009, 02:22 PM
I've always used surgical gloves and sprayed it on and tightly smeared it down. Always gave a good sheen. Too much and it looks like shit.

Or he can try JanTana..that's great stuff.

Darnelle B
11-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Yea I pick a song. Chris brown ft lol Wayne transform ya

DICE
11-07-2009, 02:24 PM
nice. Listen to it every day until your show. Dance around in your undies at home in front of a mirror and shit.. Really, I'm being serious. Oh, and don't sing along on stage! haha

Darnelle B
11-07-2009, 02:25 PM
I brought some pam. My girl is going to put my tanning on and spay the Pam on me.

DICE
11-07-2009, 02:49 PM
NOOOOOOOOO. Spray tan at the show..Trust me. Seriously. Trust me. Seriously.lol.

DICE
11-07-2009, 02:49 PM
I'll never f-ing protan again....ever...ever...ever..ever..again.

Darnelle B
11-07-2009, 02:51 PM
NOOOOOOOOO. Spray tan at the show..Trust me. Seriously. Trust me. Seriously.lol.

They don't offer spray tan at the show I'm doing. I'm using janatana

DICE
11-07-2009, 03:04 PM
K. Did you try calling around? Some tanning places offer it. Or if u have a plan, just stick to that. Jantana has great products.

Darnelle B
11-07-2009, 06:50 PM
My fiancé is scared she won't get a good seat. Can I buy early when I get there? Competers should get first pick. Lol I just want her to be close Enough to see and recored.

Arthur Early
11-08-2009, 05:25 PM
she can buy tickects at prejudging but it is what ever they have avalible usually the first 8 row are set aside

juggernaut
11-08-2009, 05:50 PM
Dont sweat it; let her worry about it. You have enough on your plate.

Darnelle B
11-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Dont sweat it; let her worry about it. You have enough on your plate.

ok we orderded on the site should get them by tuesday or thursday or friday.

and tip you can offer my girl when putting on tanning?

DICE
11-08-2009, 06:02 PM
ya, buy a terry wash cloth and pour the tanning product in a bowl. Use the cloth to apply cause the applicator will take way too long and u will get seriously grumpy while she does it. Make sure you scrub the shit out of yourself this week. Tann goes on better. Also, clear nail polish on fingernails and toenails unless you want them looking really shitty for a long time.

DICE
11-08-2009, 06:02 PM
oh, and if you can get a blowjob b4 you go on stage it helps calm the nerves.

juggernaut
11-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Rocky Balboa always said no sex before the big fight....fuhhhhck him.

Darnelle B
11-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Lmaoooo @ blow job.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Darnelle B
11-13-2009, 11:05 AM
do you guy tan passed your feet? lol like is there a point to tan past your ancles?

ABOMINATION
11-13-2009, 11:28 AM
do you guy tan passed your feet? lol like is there a point to tan past your ancles?

no, but make sure you blend it so it doesnt just cut off...pam is great, have her stand a foot or two away and do a fast light coat...smear it then have her check for dry spots, hit those spots again until u have an even coat all around...find me backstage if u need an help on the pamming

Darnelle B
11-13-2009, 02:36 PM
do you guys tan your whole head or just your face?

juggernaut
11-13-2009, 02:39 PM
I do my head and face. I'm bald anyway, but I use Estee Lauder Face tanner for both.

Darnelle B
11-13-2009, 02:48 PM
I do my head and face. I'm bald anyway, but I use Estee Lauder Face tanner for both.

im almost bald really really short hair cut

Darnelle B
11-13-2009, 02:57 PM
i will jst do my face to be safe.

juggernaut
11-13-2009, 03:18 PM
yeash, but you could shave the shit off and be badass.

s2h
12-18-2009, 07:26 PM
Darnelle tan for sure,my best buddy is black and he tans.Reason is even though your black your skin color is still not even,it also helps remove excess sub q water,buy some ab solution and put it on you before you tan(dont let the tanning salon know your using it they dont like it on the beds)i would go w/ the low cut trunks if you have good glutes and hams instead of covering up that area,also black BB's tend to look better in trunks in colors like purple w/ some glitter in them.As far as pro tan try to find someone in your area that does show prep(i'm sure in new york theres some good folks)call and ask the promotor who's doing the tanning for the show.i really think its important as a black BB to have the best color possible that really show your lines and striations,good luck!!!

GirlyMuscle
12-18-2009, 07:27 PM
Darnelle competed a month ago. He looked great.