PDA

View Full Version : Healthy Snacks .

chase321
10-03-2009, 04:59 PM
I'm determined to do the right thing when it comes to eating.The training part is easy to me and I love it.I would love some suggestions of snack foods I can pack in my lunch box so I don't get the urge to go to McDonalds for a quickie meal.
What are some good "between "meal snacks that I should keep in the house?Thank you for the good advice.I'll admit I am terrible when it comes to eating the right thing and I should know better.

kungfuprincess007
10-04-2009, 04:39 PM
What about a protein shake with some metimucil in it for a snack? Do you have six meals a day planned out?

If so, you shouldn't be that hungry if you're eating every two hours. Also, look under the forum 'Muscle Meals' for many ideas.

Post what you eat normally and we can make some suggestions from there.

chase321
10-05-2009, 12:25 AM
Thank you princess.I appreciate the tips.People like you are a big help to the newbies.If I post what I eat normaly you'd cringe!LOL but again Thank you so much.I'll be bugging you again once I get my meal plans mapped out.

Shadow
10-05-2009, 12:30 AM
Almonds, walnuts, greek yogurt, cottage cheese...

HammerTime
10-19-2009, 12:44 AM
Yup, I was just gonna say almonds. My favorite :)

figurebre
10-19-2009, 03:12 AM
you could eat some granola or some veggie sticks with fat free dressing or a fresh fruit cup...an apple with a spoonful of peanut butter

tiramisu
10-19-2009, 03:45 AM
double quarter pounder with cheese, mcchicken, and a diet coke

Abyss-Lord
11-25-2009, 04:32 PM
double quarter pounder with cheese, mcchicken, and a diet coke

is a mchicken and quarter pounder really that bad for you, as long as you're working out hard?

i mean, you want protein, right? i always thought it was good to eat chicken?

Youngguns
11-25-2009, 04:36 PM
If you have a lot of muscle and a good metabolism, and eat clean most of the time, fast food isn't going to do too much harm.

As for snacks, anything protein rich with some good fat.

Madmark73
11-29-2009, 09:18 PM
Hey, great tips guys, i have struggled with eating ..everyday, have only been training regularly for 2 1/2 yrs..Now i need to sort the diet! Have dropped 8 kg in 6 weeks trying to lean out.
At the moment i carry cans of tuna and chicken breast...need something a little more tasty ! LOL

ManimalPatB
02-24-2012, 09:33 PM
so, I'm just looking for two sorts of snacks. One for my gym game (preworkout) and
second for before bed(while watching movie).
If you could suggest me some valuable? regards

Again this all depends on what your diet and marcos is like:

-Pre workout you could do chicken, eggs, almonds, protein shake, protein pudding, etc. (you get the idea a good mixture of healthy fats and protein). You could even do a protein bar

-Watching a movie: Almonds, Can of tuna, protein shake, peanut butter (natural of course), Greek Yogurt and almonds, etc.

But the big thing here I want to stress is that you should never be "snacking" on a diet. Unless you are not eating enough food during the day and are starving, then you are probably not eating enough meals.

What is your diet look like, maybe we can help you out?

Braeden1
05-29-2012, 02:02 AM
Should try these healthy snacks as you say above, i hope
these works for me too, i think this is good way to do
breakfast.

Braeden1
06-02-2012, 05:52 AM
Should try these healthy snacks as you say above, i hope
these works for me too, i think this is good way to do
breakfast.
Click Here For More Info (http://www.prweb.com/releases/chicago-personal-trainer/01/prweb8985418.htm)

matt1005
06-23-2012, 10:37 PM

x's 2
almonds are great, but I find myself eating way more than I should.

www.ChampionPhysiques.com
Youtube EZBODYBUILDING

matt1005
06-23-2012, 10:37 PM
How about this for a snack...egg whites and peanut butter...okay I am dieting and I love this meal.

Popeye.
07-12-2013, 09:39 AM
Any sort of nuts ( I recommend wallnuts or brazil nuts personally)
Yogurt ( not that fat free bullshit that is loaded with carbs and makes you want to eat more)
whey protein drinks I like. have them between meals. I do this and have a hand full of nuts and I am good to go!

MichelleFulton41
07-09-2015, 02:06 PM

this is great for your abs, definitely include these foods in your meal plan

Jameson829
07-10-2015, 05:18 PM
Quest Bars

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk