PDA

View Full Version : It looks like HRT for me

Behemoth
10-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Hey guys, this is my first post here in the Masters section, but figured it was appropriate. I just turned 40 in August so I guess technically I can post here. ;) Anyway, here's my story in a nutshell...... I've went to see an endocrinologist to get my hormone levels checked. I've been having problems for the last 4-5 years or so with mood swings, irritability, lack of motivation, lack of sex drive, depression in general; which have gotten worse the last year or two. It stinks because I have a wonderful family and a great job and it's been putting a strain on me in pretty much all aspects of my life, just dragging me down a bit. So rather than see a Dr. of psychology and think about meds a friend advised I get my hormones checked and find out of maybe something is out of whack. Well, sure as shit I just got a call from the Doc and my Test level is 114; 114!!!! She told me big boy, I think we figured out why you've been so moody!!!! So she is sending me for some more blood work to get into more specifics and then we're gonna get together and discuss HRT. It's interesting, at the moment I'm weighing in at 355 or so, give or take a few pounds. I'm a powerlifter who's making the transition into bodybuilding. I was 390 in April and it was strange to me as I have been 95% perfect with my diet and work out like a mofo and I've had soooo much trouble losing fat and putting on muscle, I'm sure this may have had something to do with it. Anyway, I just wanted to share that and was hoping some of you guys who have dealt with this could chime in. All my other blood work was normal, just low test. Crazy.

esplendido
10-05-2009, 03:43 PM
I'm guessing that your estradiol is high, too, which is common in powerlifters over 300lbs. (we know that not all that weight is muscle). Abdominal fat produces an overabundance of estrogen which can complicate mood and strength along with low test. Make sure you ask to have your estradiol level checked. A good SERM will mitigate the estrogen problem.

Behemoth
10-05-2009, 03:50 PM
Thanks esplendido, I'll make sure I mention that to the Doc. What does SERM stand for? Sorry for my ignorance.

And your right on the belly fat. I'm 6-3 and about 26% bf at the moment.

juggernaut
10-05-2009, 03:54 PM
I started self administering 250mg a week of good old test Enth about 3 weeks ago, and cant tell you how much of a difference it makes in my mood, my strength and recover abilities. Oh, and as a side bonus, I cant stop humping my wife's leg. She loves the new me.

Loki
10-05-2009, 05:00 PM
I'm the same club guyzzz. I've been taking 160mgs of Andriol/day (long acting test undeconate oral test). I will be going on injections next week AND I will stay on the orals. That should get the party started lol

I do feel a bit better already. More energy, better workouts and its nice to get morning wood again :yep:

esplendido
10-05-2009, 07:22 PM
Thanks esplendido, I'll make sure I mention that to the Doc. What does SERM stand for? Sorry for my ignorance.

And your right on the belly fat. I'm 6-3 and about 26% bf at the moment.

Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator. Letrozole (Femara), Tamoxifen (Nolvadex), and Clomiphene (Clomid) are 3 commonly used by bodybuilders. Anastrozole (Arimidex) is an aromatase inhibitor preventing the aromatization of testosterone into estrogen.

Your doc will probably prescribe you Arimidex, but I recommend Nolvadex. Arimidex can drop serum levels of estrogen much lower than Nolvadex, and you don't want your estrogen to go away....just be blunted. Nolvadex joins with the estrogen receptor, blocking estrogen, whereas Arimidex prevents the manufacture of estrogen.

Loki
10-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator. Letrozole (Femara), Tamoxifen (Nolvadex), and Clomiphene (Clomid) are 3 commonly used by bodybuilders. Anastrozole (Arimidex) is an aromatase inhibitor preventing the aromatization of testosterone into estrogen.

Your doc will probably prescribe you Arimidex, but I recommend Nolvadex. Arimidex can drop serum levels of estrogen much lower than Nolvadex, and you don't want your estrogen to go away....just be blunted. Nolvadex joins with the estrogen receptor, blocking estrogen, whereas Arimidex prevents the manufacture of estrogen.

How bout those OTC estrogen blockers for those of us who can't a prescription? are they any good? like that one by gaspari nutrition?

thanks

Baldiewonkanobi
10-06-2009, 10:42 AM
Loki I can answer that one. In 2005 my Test was 209/Estroidols 45 (on a scale of 350-750 Test norms and Est 45 high norm for men) so my Bro in Law Doc put me on AndoGel HRT. We retested 6 weeks later. 650 Test/65 Est. Way too high on Est. He does not like anti Est prescription drugs for men (note he is the sports med Doc to many of the Lakers, Dodgers, Kings, etc) and suggested an over the counter suppliment. He asked for labels off several Bodybuilding suppliments which I faxed him. He liked Gasparis XNT the best and said to try it for 6 weeks and we would re test. 6 weeks later Test 1050 and Est 45....BINGO. I test out similar today.

Baldie

gman
10-06-2009, 11:02 AM
we may mix chrysin in my testosterone gel if my estradiol gets too high, right now it's just gel, will do bloodwork in a few weeks.

Loki
10-06-2009, 11:13 AM
Loki I can answer that one. In 2005 my Test was 209/Estroidols 45 (on a scale of 350-750 Test norms and Est 45 high norm for men) so my Bro in Law Doc put me on AndoGel HRT. We retested 6 weeks later. 650 Test/65 Est. Way too high on Est. He does not like anti Est prescription drugs for men (note he is the sports med Doc to many of the Lakers, Dodgers, Kings, etc) and suggested an over the counter suppliment. He asked for labels off several Bodybuilding suppliments which I faxed him. He liked Gasparis XNT the best and said to try it for 6 weeks and we would re test. 6 weeks later Test 1050 and Est 45....BINGO. I test out similar today.

Baldie

Thanks for the reply. Do you take 2caps at night b4 bed? or more?

Those results are very good huh. You must feel great :)

Baldiewonkanobi
10-06-2009, 11:36 AM
GMAN, mixing shit with the Gel does work. The transdermal chemicle in there can pull in other compounds when mixed. Some men mix in the nastier pro hormones to by pass the liver enzyme problems. I should try NXT mixed in if its not too granular. Ya got me thinkin...

I take 2 NXT after shower/HRT rub on.

Baldie

Formerly known as "Glendale California's Chief Psychopharmacologist"
Later on known as "Mr. I no longer drink, use, or smoke/toke man, but will never pass on an AAS that comes my way" Then even later on "Mr. I'm Natural....eat me".

esplendido
10-06-2009, 02:40 PM
Gaspari's products might come under FDA scrutiny soon, following the raids on IDS and BB.com. I'd load up on his products now while you can.

Loki
10-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Gaspari's products might come under FDA scrutiny soon, following the raids on IDS and BB.com. I'd load up on his products now while you can.

Good idea. What do you think about Nolvedex XT?

Luv2Hurt
10-08-2009, 10:43 PM

Femara/letrozole is not a SERM, it is an AI.

http://www.pharma.us.novartis.com/product/pi/pdf/Femara.pdf

esplendido
10-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Femara/letrozole is not a SERM, it is an AI.

http://www.pharma.us.novartis.com/product/pi/pdf/Femara.pdf

You are correct. My mistake for lumping it in with the other SERMs. It is an aromatase inhibitor, which prevents androgens from being converted to estrogen through aromatase enzymes. Good catch!

Loki
10-09-2009, 02:46 PM
4th week on Andriol. I have a lot more energy and I feel like I am getting more done in the gym and recovering slightly faster. Can't wait to ramp up the dose a bit next week.

Just a question. Feels like I've "lost" a bit of my sex drive? what is causing that? I thought more test meant more horniness lol. Is it possibly converting to too much estrogen? any ideas guyzzz

I bought a bottle of Gaspari Nolvedex XT - should I start taking a cap or 2 before bed?

Thank you

Luv2Hurt
10-10-2009, 08:57 AM
4th week on Andriol. I have a lot more energy and I feel like I am getting more done in the gym and recovering slightly faster. Can't wait to ramp up the dose a bit next week.

Just a question. Feels like I've "lost" a bit of my sex drive? what is causing that? I thought more test meant more horniness lol. Is it possibly converting to too much estrogen? any ideas guyzzz

I bought a bottle of Gaspari Nolvedex XT - should I start taking a cap or 2 before bed?

Thank you

Drop the anadroil, its not a good choice. Test E would be the best choice IMO.

As to sex drive, well to begin with its very cyclical especially as you age. Many factors at play cause sex drive to go up and down, that's normal. Just cause someone jumps on some gear does not make them 16 YO boys again.

I have found while on large cycles my sex drive will suffer for a variety of reasons one being a lack of estrogen, which when prepping for a contest I can do nothing about cause the E has to go away for a while to get fully shredded and dry. have been adding DHEA to my supplement regime and noticed an improvement in libido.

Loki
10-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Drop the anadroil, its not a good choice. Test E would be the best choice IMO.

I wish I had more of a choice in all this but its up to my doctor. I'm going the "legit" TRT route and for now and he prescribed Andriol which I do feel working, no bad sides except a bit of a lack in sex drive but like you said that just happens sometimes anyhow. My main goal right now is to just get back into the normal range for my health, that's #1.

I did blood work wednesday to see where my test levels are at after a month on Andriol and I will find out next week. If its still low I know my DR will want me on shots, Test E, every 2 weeks (I know once a week is better but unless I buy my own gear this is what I'm stuck with for now).

Now, he wrote me a prescription for 6 months worth of Andriol so when he puts me on shots I will STILL take the Andriol on TOP of that so that will bring me up to a half decent amount of test in my system.

Loki
10-15-2009, 08:52 AM
Just had my 1 month blood work done. Free Test jumped from 4 to 6.1 lol (normal range 31-94) which is pathetic so they doubled my dose of Andriol to 160mg's twice a day (320mg's/day). Now, thats 8 pills/day. Should I break them up over the day like 2 with breakfast, 2 with lunch, 2 with diner and 2 b4 bed? or take 4 am and 4 pm?

If this doesn't work I will be put on shots of Enanthate every 2 weeks.

Thanks