PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlemania time!

~gymdiva~
10-06-2009, 11:18 AM
Sally, if you're still in AZ I say we hit up Dave for some tickets from his most famous client and have a field day :D

SallyAnne
10-07-2009, 12:25 PM
That looks like FUN! lol Yeah, Dave. Hook a girl up with some tickets.

~gymdiva~
10-07-2009, 12:31 PM
that would be one hell of an RX outing...Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeee...

please? :o

~gymdiva~
10-14-2009, 12:05 AM
by Nick Paglino
Oct 13, 2009

Tickets for Wrestlemania 26 in Glendale, AZ go on sale on Saturday, November 7th at 10am EST. Tickets are available on Ticketmaster.com and range in price from $755, $255, $155, $100, $80, $60, $45 and $25.

~gymdiva~
10-14-2009, 12:06 AM
I'm not going to lie...I could never imagine paying more than my rent on one ticket to anything...

~gymdiva~
11-29-2009, 08:45 PM
never too early to discuss matches for this one!

by Nick Paglino
Nov 28, 2009
PWInsider.com is reporting that WWE is considering The Undertaker vs John Cena at WrestleMania 26 because the company feels it needs to do something big and unique with The Undertaker at this year's event. Obviously, The Dead Man doesn't have many WrestleMania's left in him, so WWE wants to make sure each Mania appearance is special.

Another rumored main event for the big PPV next year is Triple H vs Shawn Michaels. Although the two have wrestled against each other in the past, they have never done it at WrestleMania, so there has been discussion of booking that bout for the show.

At one point, WWE was planning on booking Rey Mysterio vs CM Punk for the show, but considering Mysterio's current injury, it might not be possible.

~gymdiva~
01-03-2010, 12:01 AM
anyone that watched RAW this past monday saw the obvious hinting of a Taker/HBK rematch...but here's a few other possibilities mentioned:

by Nick Paglino
Jan 02, 2010

The Figure Four Weekly Newsletter has provided some new details concerning WWE's early plans for Wrestlemania 26. We have been reporting within the last several weeks that the creative team has several matches in the works, and the early plan is calling for The Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho vs Edge (assuming Edge is ready to return), Randy Orton vs Ted DiBiase and Triple H vs Sheamus for The WWE Title. Additionally, it's being rumored that the creative team is discussing some type of match between Vince McMahon and Bret Hart, and it would most likely be a street fight of sorts where Hart would not have to take any big bumps.

For those of course wondering how John Cena will be involved in WrestleMania, creative is pushing hard to get The Rock to return for a big match against Cena at the PPV, but that's probably not going to happen. The backup plan at this point is to have an inter-promotional match between Cena and Batista.

~gymdiva~
03-02-2010, 01:54 AM
bump for discussion!

IT'S THAT TIME Y'ALL!!!! :banana:

Lann1011
03-02-2010, 04:54 AM
my John and I have tickets to this...

Tu Holmes
03-02-2010, 05:03 AM
Are there still tickets? Are we all going?

Sharon??? Sally??? What's the deal? I know we can still get tickets if we want to.

swoleoneday
03-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Those expensive tickets are probably floor seats and you usually get to keep the chair as a souvenir.

$25... LOL, you would need a set of binoculars... better off watching it on my TV at home... you would see it better on a console tv through crappy cable.

As far as the actual event... I am getting exited... have you noticed that they are spending 3+ weeks building up the feuds! That isn't normal for the WWE... I expect alot from at least 4 of the matches in respect to feud buildup, maybe 5 of them.

Cena/Batista
Edge/Jericho
Taker/HBK
now HHH/Sheamus
Vince/Bret... now remember I said good buildup, not good matches.

Potential to be one of the better Manias IMO.

~gymdiva~
03-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Are there still tickets? Are we all going?

Sharon??? Sally??? What's the deal? I know we can still get tickets if we want to.

hahahahaha I'm totally not holding my breath but I would scrape together money for a plane ticket in a heartbeat!

~gymdiva~
03-02-2010, 02:19 PM
my John and I have tickets to this...

we expect full reports and pics :)

Tu Holmes
03-02-2010, 02:59 PM
hahahahaha I'm totally not holding my breath but I would scrape together money for a plane ticket in a heartbeat!

I see no problem here.

Let's do this shit.

HammerStrength12
03-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Those expensive tickets are probably floor seats and you usually get to keep the chair as a souvenir.

$25... LOL, you would need a set of binoculars... better off watching it on my TV at home... you would see it better on a console tv through crappy cable.

As far as the actual event... I am getting exited... have you noticed that they are spending 3+ weeks building up the feuds! That isn't normal for the WWE... I expect alot from at least 4 of the matches in respect to feud buildup, maybe 5 of them.

Cena/Batista
Edge/Jericho
Taker/HBK
now HHH/Sheamus
Vince/Bret... now remember I said good buildup, not good matches.

Potential to be one of the better Manias IMO.

For Wrestlemania its perfectly normal. Everytime the undertaker comes back from the dead at WM they build it up for months lol. And I'm honestly getting sick of a defenseless Bret Hart getting b**** slapped every week on RAW. The HHH/Sheamus thing sort of came out of nowhere. Edge/Jericho should be good, as should Cena/Batista, it's about time for that rivalry to become legit. I'm not as psyched for this card as I usually am. Maybe it's cuz most the good wrestlers left for TNA, Hollywood or w/e.

thesamewords
03-02-2010, 03:29 PM
Why exactly is this in Glendale AZ. I used to live there and all I did was go to the skate park, swim and go home. Well.... the LA Dodgers do have their spring training there now...:)

HammerStrength12
03-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Why exactly is this in Glendale AZ. I used to live there and all I did was go to the skate park, swim and go home. Well.... the LA Dodgers do have their spring training there now...:)

University of Phoenix Stadium, ultra modern, state of the art sports facility. They have the fiesta bowl there every year, super bowl was there amongs others

~gymdiva~
03-02-2010, 08:36 PM
I see no problem here.

Let's do this shit.

are you holding out on me? :D I'm not making the arnold this year so I could totally make this my once a year travel trip....

Tu Holmes
03-02-2010, 08:36 PM
are you holding out on me? :D I'm not making the arnold this year so I could totally make this my once a year travel trip....

Sharon... Who loves ya' babe.

Perhaps this could be the 2010 gift from god.

;)

~gymdiva~
03-02-2010, 08:37 PM
and you know how much I love and appreciate gifts from god! :banana:

HammerStrength12
03-03-2010, 11:11 AM
I love HBK, but I honestly hope taker beats the S*** out of him

Sandpig
03-04-2010, 06:58 AM
I love HBK, but I honestly hope taker beats the S*** out of him

Amen! Let's get this retirement party started.
:byeb:

If they can bring back BH, i want to see Stone Cold vs. The Rock one more time. :p :yep:I know it will never happen though.

HammerStrength12
03-04-2010, 10:57 AM
Amen! Let's get this retirement party started.
:byeb:

If they can bring back BH, i want to see Stone Cold vs. The Rock one more time. :p :yep:I know it will never happen though.

I feel like if someone's gonna end the undertaker's streak, it's gotta be someone like austin, the rock, hogan who randomly comes out of retirement at the rumble, trains his ass of for 2 months, somehow gets involved in the storyline etc.. Gotta make it dramatic. The whole 2 month nonsense of "I'm Sean Michaels, I HAVE to beat the undertaker at WM blah blah" just doesn't do it for me lol. I always used to love it when the undertaker would get "killed" and then show up at WM to kick ass haha

Lann1011
03-04-2010, 05:53 PM
We have floor seats, not the uber expensive ones though.. I have been to WM in Seattle,

Jericho vs Shawn Michaels was the best match.. not too thrilled about this one.. but John wants to go..

HammerStrength12
03-04-2010, 07:04 PM
I hate you. If they ever have it at the Garden again, Wach Center, or Jersey I'm definitely there

~gymdiva~
03-05-2010, 10:20 PM
be thrilled! at least you get to go!

HammerStrength12
03-05-2010, 10:29 PM

I was this close to going to WM 15 in Philly for that main event, never happened though

~gymdiva~
03-12-2010, 09:36 PM
FCRvEA93OJo

HammerStrength12
03-13-2010, 01:34 PM
We have floor seats, not the uber expensive ones though.. I have been to WM in Seattle,

Jericho vs Shawn Michaels was the best match.. not too thrilled about this one.. but John wants to go..

Was that at Safeco field? I think I remember watching that

HammerStrength12
03-13-2010, 01:36 PM
FCRvEA93OJo

That's about the only match I'm excited for. The Hart/McMahon has a lot of potential though, alotta legends could come back and interfere in that match, could be pretty exciting

swoleoneday
03-13-2010, 11:30 PM
I am liking the two world title builds right now. Batista/Cena will be a letdown in the ring though. I'm expecting that, but Jericho/Edge could be MOTN, and has great buildup so far.

HammerStrength12
03-17-2010, 07:34 PM
So Brett Hart is healthy lol. I called it wrong - I thought that he was gonna wait till the ref got knocked out in the match at wrestlemania, take the cast off, reveal he was OK, then proceed to kick the shit out of Vince w/ the cast

swoleoneday
03-18-2010, 09:00 AM
So Brett Hart is healthy lol. I called it wrong - I thought that he was gonna wait till the ref got knocked out in the match at wrestlemania, take the cast off, reveal he was OK, then proceed to kick the shit out of Vince w/ the cast

I like their build so far... I just hope Bret is in good enough shape to run through some of his signature moves. I know we won't see the old Bret, but maybe he will be decent enough.

The only thing I'm not liking is the MITB build up. There has basically been nothing for this match so far.

Edge/Jericho is the best build right now. Both are top notch in interviews/promos.

~gymdiva~
03-21-2010, 04:00 AM
dammit I wish I could go! I just know regardless of the outcome I will not be happy at the end of the Taker/HBK match!

sfreemanii
03-21-2010, 08:57 AM
This years mania should be great. Taker/HBK will be awesome and different from last year. Edge/Y2J will be great because these two always deliver. The Cena/Batista build has been great and has me interested in this match. Batista has found himself as a heel. I could care less about Vince/Hart, because I was never a bret fan.He was always too boring for me. I really like the build for the Punk/Rey match. Punk is soo good on the mic, and he is right behind Jericho as the best heel in the business.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-23-2010, 05:15 PM
So who is ordering??

~gymdiva~
03-23-2010, 11:07 PM
:wavey:

~gymdiva~
03-23-2010, 11:09 PM
btw, was reading on wrestlezone that there is serious talk backstage about HBK taking time off (as in mucho extended) so that may or may not be giving any hints to the outcome sunday....he's wanting to develop a reality show like Hogan....only without the drama and divorce ;)

Puma
03-24-2010, 03:50 AM
Surprised they don't have a celebrity gimmick match like Butterbean, Mayweather, Fridge, Lawrence Taylor or even special enforcer like Tyson. Not that those are good matches but there is usually an unusual novelty match with a guest star at Wrestlemania to set it apart from other ppv's.

HammerStrength12
03-24-2010, 10:16 AM
Surprised they don't have a celebrity gimmick match like Butterbean, Mayweather, Fridge, Lawrence Taylor or even special enforcer like Tyson. Not that those are good matches but there is usually an unusual novelty match with a guest star at Wrestlemania to set it apart from other ppv's.

Big show sumo-wrestling Akibono lol

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-24-2010, 10:17 AM
Maybe the novelty match idea is just old news now.

~gymdiva~
03-24-2010, 02:47 PM
you're right, the celebrity tone to this is not there like it normally is....ironic given all those celebrity guests for RAW....

Shariff Abel
03-24-2010, 02:55 PM
I planing on watching it on Sunday on a BIg Imax Screan at paramount for 30$ a Ticket !! :D

HammerStrength12
03-27-2010, 09:49 AM
1 more day!

Bona fide
03-27-2010, 08:50 PM
My buddy has ordered WrestleMania every year since we were like 10. Hope we get to do it again! Always a good time

HammerStrength12
03-27-2010, 09:49 PM
The greatest spectacle in sports entertainment!

Lann1011
03-27-2010, 11:45 PM
Yep that was the one.. There is a Paul Mccartney concert right next door, traffic is supposed to be crazy..

Bona fide
03-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Anybody got a live stream?

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 07:23 PM
watching Orton/Legacy now....I'll check in from time to time with reviews and such....

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 07:31 PM
Orton did a sweet off the ropes double DDT on Legacy....and of course, as we expected, Legacy was feuding amongst themselves....Orton wins....

Bona fide
03-28-2010, 07:37 PM
Orton did a sweet off the ropes double DDT on Legacy....and of course, as we expected, Legacy was feuding amongst themselves....Orton wins....

AWESOME! keep em coming gymdiva:)

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 07:56 PM
wow Jack Swagger won the MITB match!

major high spots as usual for this match....Kofi missed a rung on the ladder doing a run up but overall a good match....he redeemed himself later by using a broken in two ladder as stilts in an attempt to get the brief case...it was actually a cool idea!

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 08:06 PM
2010 Hall of Fame class out now....

btw, missed the very beginning b/c Time Warner fucked up....grrrr :mad:

there was a funny segment with some of the DIVAs and Santino earlier....started out as the Team Vickie Guerrero talking then Jillian came out singing Simply the Best....oy....Santino came up and made a plug for Slim Jims....bit into it and she turned into Mae Young....who quickly grabbed Santino and started kissing him! :lmao: then he bit again and there was Mean Gene in the same dress Jillian had been in! ummmmmmmm..... :hypno: then he bit it one more time and it was Melina and off they went arm in arm....

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 08:08 PM
wow and HHH and Sheamus is already on! :eek:

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 08:13 PM
ok can I just tell you how freakin dark HHH looks next to Sheamus?!?!?!?!?! yowzers....

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 08:22 PM
nice back and forth b/w these two....HHH broke out a figure four leg lock early...lots of woooo's from the crowd....

numerous attempted pedigrees....Sheamus hit that big ol boot to his head....he only got a two count though....

damn that boy is white!

now a pedigree is landed! and HHH just won!

Bona fide
03-28-2010, 08:24 PM
hahahah Santino is Hillarious!!!:p

Yep HHH and his patented super dark tan for wrestlemania..he always looks bigger and in better shape too when it comes to the Big show

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 08:27 PM
time for Punk/Mysterio....really not digging all the extra hair on Punk....

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 08:34 PM
off to a strange start....CM Punk cut a promo (which was good) but then Mysterio's music hits and pyro goes off and he doesn't come out....doesn't come out....doesn't come out....the commentators try to cover saying maybe he was playing mind games and then the camera cuts abruptly to the top of the ramp and he was there....it was almost awkward....but we're into action now so who cares!

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 08:41 PM
Mysterio is sporting some UNC blue colored pants that I'm digging :D

crowd does not seem to be into this as much as I thought....Punk drew good heat with the promo...Mysterio is usually a fan fave....so whassupwitdat?

well a big high spot from Mysterio woke them up some...it was some kind of flying/flipping DDT-esque thing....Mysterio went for the 619 but was caught by Punk...

no interference from Punk's crew yet....give it time ;)

ahhhh there it is....Serena stopped the 619, other dude was on the side but Mysterio threw Punk into him knocking him to the floor, Mysterio hits the 619, top rope spot, and pins Punk!

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 08:42 PM
Bret and Vince up next!

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 08:51 PM
ummmmmmm, Vince just turned the match into a lumberjack match and the lumberjacks are all the Hart family??????

HammerStrength12
03-28-2010, 08:54 PM
booyaka!

HammerStrength12
I'm jealous. Didn't feel like dishing out the 60 bucks

~gymdiva~
oh the crowd is NOT digging this at all....

ah and now Bret is letting Vince know that he knew and that opps, they're screwing him now ;)

HammerStrength12
03-28-2010, 08:55 PM
wow Jack Swagger won the MITB match!

major high spots as usual for this match....Kofi missed a rung on the ladder doing a run up but overall a good match....he redeemed himself later by using a broken in two ladder as stilts in an attempt to get the brief case...it was actually a cool idea!

I was almost certain it was gonna be Kofi...

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 08:57 PM
sweet slap from Nattie! hahahaha I love her :)

so now we see how this match was made possible without Bret having to do more than he can....right now the Hart Dynasty is whooping up on him....Vince can still take a good beating!

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 08:58 PM
I was almost certain it was gonna be Kofi...

yeah I was a little thrown off by that win myself!

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 08:59 PM
I'm jealous. Didn't feel like dishing out the 60 bucks

this was the first time I've ever had a tv and cable box so I figured what the hell!

that and the HBK/Taker match made me do it ;)

HammerStrength12
03-28-2010, 09:01 PM

If they charged 30 bucks for that match only, I'd do it!

Bona fide
03-28-2010, 09:03 PM
this was the first time I've ever had a tv and cable box so I figured what the hell!

That match is gunna be Off tha Hook!!!

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 09:06 PM
Bret with the crow bar all over Vince's back....good thing it's fake ;)

crowd woke up with a tease of the sharp shooter but Bret opted for more crowbar shots...

Bret has a chair slid into the ring to him....he takes it and has a seat! and Vince is currently doing his overselling....love it....

and a big chair shot to Vince's back....you know there's some people watching that and loving it for all the wrong reasons :D wow I think there's been ten chair shots?

sharp shooter! and Vince taps WAY fast!

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 09:06 PM
That match is gunna be Off tha Hook!!!

it better be! but I will say it will take a lot to top last year's....

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 09:09 PM
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WM 2011 will be in ATL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HammerStrength12
03-28-2010, 09:10 PM
Bret with the crow bar all over Vince's back....good thing it's fake ;)

crowd woke up with a tease of the sharp shooter but Bret opted for more crowbar shots...

Bret has a chair slid into the ring to him....he takes it and has a seat! and Vince is currently doing his overselling....love it....

Lol people don't appreciate that side of Vince enough (like when Austin arrived at the hospital to kick his ass, when Trump was about to shave his head just to name a couple )

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 09:11 PM
Edge/Jericho next....

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 09:33 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: someone tell Jericho to wear pants again!

HA! someone has a sign up now that says, I HOPE A CANADIAN WINS

Edge face planted Jericho into the spanish announce table....remember when that thing would get destroyed every ppv? it used to be a fun game for my friends and I to guess which match was going to do it....

I love all the little things Jericho does in the ring....just now he kept smacking Edge in the back of the head and flicking his hair....it's all about the details folks....

so far this has been heavy on the Edge action....

Jericho had Edge in the Walls of Jericho but Edge countered....Jericho went for the lionsault but Edge had gotten up....near fall....and now a big boot to Edge's head....good "old school" style of back and forth in this match...

Jericho's threatened the spear and Edge just PLANTS him with a boot to the face! now it's Edge's turn to threaten the spear....omg and he landed right into a codebreaker by Y2J! but alas, another nearfall....

Jericho working the hurt achilles tendon....walls of jericho again....but Edge finally got himself to the ropes to break it....

uh-oh, ref down! and Jericho hits Edge with the belt....pin....and another nearfall! another codebreaker and Jericho finally gets the win...

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 09:35 PM
uh-oh, I foresee a spanich announce table going down! HAHAHAHAHAHA....poor guys!

ok Edge just got up on the other announce table....and just speared him off the spanish table and through the barricade! ouchie!!!!!!

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 09:39 PM
Yoshi Tatsu won the WM battle royal held before the ppv they just announced....

and now the joke that has become women's wrestling in the WWE....

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-28-2010, 09:43 PM
Sounds interesting. Thank you for the play-by-play!

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 09:46 PM
oh I better pay attention or else I'll miss the match....

I love me some Beth Phoenix....she stuck Vickie in the corner and every diva on that team is having a turn beating on her in the corner....GEEZ Vickie can yell! and Kelly Kelly just did a great leg drop! McCool hit her move then ran right into Mickie's DDT...Gail Kim comes in and does some cool dropping arm move but runs into Maryse's DDT....then Eve hits a flip move that missed slightly....Alicia hits a wicked kick on Eve and then gets slammed by the Glamazon....McCool took out Phoenix as she tried to sneak up on Vickie and then McCool and I think Layla helped Vickie to the top rope for a frogsplash....which FAILED miserably! she even botched the pin....ref called her on it, too! HAHAHAHAHA....Vickie my dear, please stick to the heel manager role!

~gymdiva~
Batista and Cena time!

fireazm
Bret beat vince
randy orton won
HHH won
Jack Swagger won the MITB match

just waiting for the HBK match

cena batista will be dumb

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 09:48 PM
I wish Batista would let his hair grow out....he looks WAY too much in the face like my fucker ex!

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 09:52 PM
oh hello air force color guard....

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 09:54 PM
well that was an interesting entrance....damn they looked good!

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 09:55 PM
a HUUUUUGE CENA SUCKS letter sign up right now.....wooooooooow....

fireazm
03-28-2010, 09:56 PM
sad thing is, i am 10 minutes away from the stadium and didnt go. Ridiculous prices I tell ya. its cool its helping the crap economy in Phoenix but I would rather watch it on tv on a big screen HD tv ya know :)

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 09:57 PM
man the crowd is so split on this one....but not a split like what there is with HBK/Taker....

hey trivia buffs: has a wrestlemania ever ended on a non-title match before?

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 10:00 PM
Batista's hammies look good :)

well so far this has been kind of weak....but there's a lot of match left....

oh cool counter! Cena had him up for the FU and Batista countered it into a DDT....unexpected and I liked it!

AVBG
03-28-2010, 10:02 PM
Great playbyplay GD.. just like being there!

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 10:05 PM
I love how Cena can take a knee to the back and turn around and throw a punch like nothing happened...

u can't see me and all that jazz.....oh but wait, Batista hit his slam instead....oppsie!....thumbs down and an STFU counter by Cena.....Batista to the ropes though....

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 10:06 PM
Great playbyplay GD.. just like being there!

heehee thank you! if I could afford every ppv I'd do this every month!

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 10:07 PM
Cena off the top rope with the five knuckle shuffle! went for the FU but Batista got down and hit the Batista bomb and got a two count! do finishing moves mean anything anymore??????????

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 10:08 PM
big FU to Batista and another two count! see above!

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 10:10 PM
Cena just got caught in mid-jump into a Batista bomb but just countered another one with the STFU....seriously???? can we sell a move for a moment???

and Batista just tapped out....I'm almost looking at the tv like, what the fuck just happened in this match? :hypno:

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-28-2010, 10:15 PM
Cena just got caught in mid-jump into a Batista bomb but just countered another one with the STFU....seriously???? can we sell a move for a moment???

and Batista just tapped out....I'm almost looking at the tv like, what the fuck just happened in this match? :hypno:

Bwahahahahaha!!!

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 10:15 PM
I was just thinking about it and I think these two do not make a great match up to begin with....against others they can flourish....against each other they only show off and highlight each other's weaknesses....

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 10:16 PM
and here we go.........Taker wins and I take my cheat and go buy cookies....HBK wins I eat my chicken and pb....

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-28-2010, 10:18 PM
You are killing me with this stuff!! :lmao:

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 10:20 PM
HBK out first....for the last time?

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 10:22 PM
chills from Taker's bell....damn I love that music...

I see lasers and not fire.....oh shit and he rose up from the bottom of the ramp looking like your worst nightmare! and now fire well up and behind him....so I'm thinking better placements to prevent a repeat from HITC....

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 10:24 PM
crowd popped huge for both men...hey Taker has on a long, sleeveless leather studded hoodie this time....hmmmm....and yes, I always notice wardrobe changes! and in case you're wondering, HBK is in all white again this year to hit the contrast to Taker....

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 10:28 PM
HBK starts with the throat cut move Taker always does!

and already a patented run flip into the corner and big boot to HBK's face....Taker was trying to go old school and rope walk.....and this time he did it and came up hobbling....now HBK is working on the left knee....well he was anyway....

HBK went for for sweet chin music but Taker dodged it...now HBK on the knee again...

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 10:30 PM
Taker went to jump the top rope but HBK jumped in and hit the knee before he could....disappointing b/c I wanted to see if he still could!

ringside legdrop by Taker! damn it was huge, too!

and HBK just hit the figure four!

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 10:32 PM
Taker keeps coming up everytime the ref tries to count his shoulders on the mat and I swear he's truly possessed....and then Taker reverses it...

and a shot of the 72,000+ people watching....holy moly...

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 10:35 PM
HBK flying punch and pop up straight into a chokeslam....and a two count...shades of last year....

and now HBK has an ankle lock on Taker (must have learned that from his WM match with Angle back in the day ;) )

and Taker gets out of it by kicking HBK in the face twice....um, ouch....

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 10:36 PM
ok Taker just caught a flying HBK and hoisted him up over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes....don't anyone ever say these guys aren't strong!

oh and then he tombstoned him on the floor :D

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 10:39 PM
wow and only these two could hit a counter and a last ride at the same time!

HBK just did a flying elbow....except he connected with Taker's knees which he was not expecting....then Taker hit the Hell's Gate submission but HBK rolled over him for a near fall....

awesome sweet chin music!!!!!!!!!!! but another nearfall!!!!!

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 10:40 PM
blocked another sweet chin music and into a last ride and another near fall!

fireazm
03-28-2010, 10:41 PM
nice play by play gym
at least you dont think this stuff is real :)

~gymdiva~
oh wow and the chants are even for both men right now....god I wish I was there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gaoshang Xiongshou
I bet the crowd is exhausted.

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 10:44 PM
and an annoncers table may be getting ready to bite the dust....but it's not the spanish one! :eek:

Taker went for a last ride and HBK hit sweet chin music instead....Taker on the table....HBK slowly climbing the turnbuckle....moonsault! and HBK took the majority of that one! he missed just slightly and hit Taker's feet instead of midsection....look for that highlight later!

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 10:44 PM
another sweet chin music! and another near fall!

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 10:46 PM
sweet chin music blocked and another chokeslam applied....Taker's too slow to get up selling the leg injury....another tombstone....and yet another near fall! Taker looks pissed!

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 10:47 PM
and Taker's straps come off...he's serious now ;)

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-28-2010, 10:49 PM
He is biting Jerry Lawler's style.

~gymdiva~
and HBK just slapped him! another tombstone for HBK...

AND TAKER JUST WON!!!!!!!!!

Gaoshang Xiongshou
Well damn.

It must be in his contract to never lose at Wrestlemania.

Tu Holmes
03-28-2010, 10:50 PM
Fucking Boo.

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 10:53 PM
crowd is just in awe b/c what do you do? a legendary streak is still alive but they just saw HBK's last match....major fireworks right now with a big 18-0 on the jumbotron.....now outside fireworks.....Taker and HBK are still in the ring....Taker is helping HBK up....crowd loved that.....Taker and HBK are shaking hands and hugging....now HBK is alone in the ring with 72,000+ on their feet shouting HBK....

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 10:53 PM
Fucking Boo.

and where the hell have you been???? we could have been there! :mad:

fireazm
03-28-2010, 10:54 PM
Lammmmeeeeeee

Tu Holmes
03-28-2010, 10:55 PM
and where the hell have you been???? we could have been there! :mad:

Sorry... Dad had surgery... Has another one next week.

I've been flying back and forth for weeks trying to help out.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-28-2010, 10:56 PM

A good son.

Wishing him a speedy recovery :D

Bona fide
03-28-2010, 10:57 PM
WOW!!!..HBK is DONE!!??? :eek:

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 11:09 PM
wow....I am speechless....and how fitting is it that it's actually silent in the apt complex tonight....raining slightly...

you know a lot of people know I am a huge fan of wrestling....not just of WWE but of wrestling...in its purity it is two opponents facing one another in an athletic ballet of skills, moves, countermoves, and in ring psychology (applied both to the opponent and to the fans in attendance)....what was just shown in that last match is how wrestling should be....two men who worked their way to the top in one epic match after another...both stopping along the way to help make future stars to ensure the life of this art form continued....and tonight we saw one legendary man help end a legendary career of another....much in the same fashion of Flair two wrestlemania's ago...and like that match, we have all just witnessed a little piece of history disappear....

I've watched HBK since I was 11....I was a diehard Rockers fan....I was literally in tears when he kicked Marty through that barbershop window! but what I saw next was amazing....I watched a still young man blossom and grow into one of the best showmen I'd ever witnessed on tv....and as the years went on I was amazed at how every match for him was a good one....sure some were stellar and some just good, but I never found myself walking away from an HBK match going, well that wasn't his best work....there was always a sense of him bringing it to the mat every single time....and what amazed me more was that he got better as the years went on....when he returned and faced HHH at Summer Slam 02 it was like he had never left....and then he continued over the years to look better and better....and somehow make his opponents do the same! how many wrestlers can you look at and say that about?

I am glad he went out on such a grand stage and to such a worthy opponent....these two share so much history b/w the two of them....it will be an emptier WWE without HBK and eventually without Taker, too....so while I know there's not a snowball's chance in hell he'd ever read this I just have to say:

Shawn Michaels, thank you for providing me 21 years of memories :hugme:

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 11:10 PM

well damn! text a sista! you know I'd be saying some prayers for you!

(I'll start tonight!)

Bona fide
03-28-2010, 11:12 PM
wow....i am speechless....and how fitting is it that it's actually silent in the apt complex tonight....raining slightly...

You know a lot of people know i am a huge fan of wrestling....not just of wwe but of wrestling...in its purity it is two opponents facing one another in an athletic ballet of skills, moves, countermoves, and in ring psychology (applied both to the opponent and to the fans in attendance)....what was just shown in that last match is how wrestling should be....two men who worked their way to the top in one epic match after another...both stopping along the way to help make future stars to ensure the life of this art form continued....and tonight we saw one legendary man help end a legendary career of another....much in the same fashion of flair two wrestlemania's ago...and like that match, we have all just witnessed a little piece of history disappear....

I've watched hbk since i was 11....i was a diehard rockers fan....i was literally in tears when he kicked marty through that barbershop window! But what i saw next was amazing....i watched a still young man blossom and grow into one of the best showmen i'd ever witnessed on tv....and as the years went on i was amazed at how every match for him was a good one....sure some were stellar and some just good, but i never found myself walking away from an hbk match going, well that wasn't his best work....there was always a sense of him bringing it to the mat every single time....and what amazed me more was that he got better as the years went on....when he returned and faced hhh at summer slam 02 it was like he had never left....and then he continued over the years to look better and better....and somehow make his opponents do the same! How many wrestlers can you look at and say that about?

I am glad he went out on such a grand stage and to such a worthy opponent....these two share so much history b/w the two of them....it will be an emptier wwe without hbk and eventually without taker, too....so while i know there's not a snowball's chance in hell he'd ever read this i just have to say:

Shawn michaels, thank you for providing me 21 years of memories :hugme:

...amen!

ypmm5
03-28-2010, 11:12 PM
wow....I am speechless....and how fitting is it that it's actually silent in the apt complex tonight....raining slightly...

you know a lot of people know I am a huge fan of wrestling....not just of WWE but of wrestling...in its purity it is two opponents facing one another in an athletic ballet of skills, moves, countermoves, and in ring psychology (applied both to the opponent and to the fans in attendance)....what was just shown in that last match is how wrestling should be....two men who worked their way to the top in one epic match after another...both stopping along the way to help make future stars to ensure the life of this art form continued....and tonight we saw one legendary man help end a legendary career of another....much in the same fashion of Flair two wrestlemania's ago...and like that match, we have all just witnessed a little piece of history disappear....

I've watched HBK since I was 11....I was a diehard Rockers fan....I was literally in tears when he kicked Marty through that barbershop window! but what I saw next was amazing....I watched a still young man blossom and grow into one of the best showmen I'd ever witnessed on tv....and as the years went on I was amazed at how every match for him was a good one....sure some were stellar and some just good, but I never found myself walking away from an HBK match going, well that wasn't his best work....there was always a sense of him bringing it to the mat every single time....and what amazed me more was that he got better as the years went on....when he returned and faced HHH at Summer Slam 02 it was like he had never left....and then he continued over the years to look better and better....and somehow make his opponents do the same! how many wrestlers can you look at and say that about?

I am glad he went out on such a grand stage and to such a worthy opponent....these two share so much history b/w the two of them....it will be an emptier WWE without HBK and eventually without Taker, too....so while I know there's not a snowball's chance in hell he'd ever read this I just have to say:

Shawn Michaels, thank you for providing me 21 years of memories :hugme:

well said

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 11:24 PM
...amen!

well said

thank you!

Triple-H_2005
03-28-2010, 11:31 PM
man the crowd is so split on this one....but not a split like what there is with HBK/Taker....

hey trivia buffs: has a wrestlemania ever ended on a non-title match before?

WrestleMania I didn't feature a World Title match, the final was a tag match.
WrestleMania VIII ended with Hogan vs. Sid.
WrestleMania XI, LT vs. Bam Bam

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 11:39 PM
^see? I knew someone would know!

btw, how YOU doin? ;)

Triple-H_2005
03-28-2010, 11:57 PM
245 w abs...625 deadlift 3 weeks ago...it's a good offseason!

~gymdiva~
03-28-2010, 11:58 PM
sweet! we need to set up a workout with you and your namesake....that would freakin rock!

HammerStrength12
03-29-2010, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the updates!

~gymdiva~
03-29-2010, 02:34 PM
you're welcome! it was fun! and I can type better without looking at the keyboard than I thought I could ;)

I've already watched the last match again....wonder how many more times I'll look at it....

Lann1011
03-29-2010, 02:54 PM
I bet the crowd is exhausted.

Yes we were.... It was fun live.. long show,, The girls match wasn't very good.. The Brett/Vince thing went on way too long and was painful to watch it was so bad, I liked the ladder match best..

Lann1011
03-29-2010, 02:59 PM
off to a strange start....CM Punk cut a promo (which was good) but then Mysterio's music hits and pyro goes off and he doesn't come out....doesn't come out....doesn't come out....the commentators try to cover saying maybe he was playing mind games and then the camera cuts abruptly to the top of the ramp and he was there....it was almost awkward....but we're into action now so who cares!

His ejector did not work.. so he just kind of jumped/stood up... it looked weird but was kind of funny.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-29-2010, 03:03 PM
Yes we were.... It was fun live.. long show,, The girls match wasn't very good.. The Brett/Vince thing went on way too long and was painful to watch it was so bad, I liked the ladder match best..

I have never been to a WWE show, only a WCW show. And they were nothing like a WWE presentation.

swoleoneday
03-29-2010, 03:13 PM
Overall a great Mania. There were some dud matches, but the ones that were expected to be good were good, and the ones expected to be great were indeed great.

HBK, thank you for all the memories. gymdiva said it very well above. HBK and Taker are classic examples of what professional wrestling should be.

~gymdiva~
03-29-2010, 03:16 PM
I know there's still a lot of time for many current guys but do you ever look at the stars now and wonder who on earth could be next to even come close to matching up to some of these stars we've seen leave over the past couple of years? I know I'm biased but given the current roster no one could touch Taker and HBK....

~gymdiva~
03-29-2010, 03:18 PM
His ejector did not work.. so he just kind of jumped/stood up... it looked weird but was kind of funny.

ahhhhh ok....it didn't play off too well on tv! hahahahaha....

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-29-2010, 03:19 PM
I know there's still a lot of time for many current guys but do you ever look at the stars now and wonder who on earth could be next to even come close to matching up to some of these stars we've seen leave over the past couple of years? I know I'm biased but given the current roster no one could touch Taker and HBK....

I suppose... MAYBE... Punk could be one somebody.

~gymdiva~
03-29-2010, 03:20 PM

which reminds me I totally forgot to type out about Kane throwing a ladder out of the ring....the way he threw it it actually did some traveling and the entire front two rows ducked! it did look like it was going to keep on going but the barricade stopped it....I was laughing and was like, hello front row! not only do you get to take home the chair but you get an actual ladder shot to the face! WWE makes this a full hands on experience ;)

~gymdiva~
03-29-2010, 05:35 PM
HBK POST-MATCH (http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/vms/wrestlemania/2010/march29-31/13951768)

*sniff*

HammerStrength12
03-29-2010, 05:41 PM
I love Shawn and all, but --- Anyone else just a LITTLE disappointed that taker shook Shawn's hand at the end?? I mean, not only is it out of his character, but the guy screwed you in your title defense at elimination chamber, obsessed over you nonstop for 4 months and interfered in all of your matches since December. Hang his ass like you did with the Bossman back in the day! Put him in a casket or something!!

I'm all for sportsmanship and all, but c'mon - this isn't high school basketball, it's pro wrestling!!

~gymdiva~
03-29-2010, 05:45 PM
nah....although with all the talk of the two of them not liking each other backstage it seemed weird but it probably is just that: all talk

HammerStrength12
03-29-2010, 05:48 PM
nah....although with all the talk of the two of them not liking each other backstage it seemed weird but it probably is just that: all talk

I know HHH and Mark are actually good friends in real life. So I'd imagine Shawn is too. But as for the storyline, something like this would have been hilarious

Yux6AQuncfs

~gymdiva~
03-29-2010, 05:52 PM
btw I LOVED that entrance music! it has such a driving beat to it....it's on my computer actually :o

HammerStrength12
03-29-2010, 06:18 PM
btw I LOVED that entrance music! it has such a driving beat to it....it's on my computer actually :o

When he returned at Wrestlemania XX I was actually really hoping he'd come back with that theme, it really grew on me during the Rock/Austin/Corporation era.

~gymdiva~
03-29-2010, 06:23 PM
oh but his return with Paul Bearer....hearing his voice to start?!?! OMG all of us watching literally had chillbumps!

HammerStrength12
03-29-2010, 06:28 PM
oh but his return with Paul Bearer....hearing his voice to start?!?! OMG all of us watching literally had chillbumps!

That was epic. No match had ever gotten me so pumped up until that point in my life. I actually took a train into the city, went to the Garden with a few friends that night to try and find cheap scalped tickets. Surprise surprise, no luck :mad:

~gymdiva~
03-29-2010, 06:30 PM
hahaha sounds like something I'd do!

ok, have done! just take out the train part....

HammerStrength12
03-29-2010, 06:35 PM
hahaha sounds like something I'd do!

ok, have done! just take out the train part....

Unfortunately I didn't have a car. Or money... Making it pretty difficult to land those tickets!

~gymdiva~
03-29-2010, 06:39 PM
I've been known to hustle my way to one or two in my life ;)

but that was also in charlotte, not NYC!

HammerStrength12
03-30-2010, 09:57 AM
I've been known to hustle my way to one or two in my life ;)

but that was also in charlotte, not NYC!

lol

next time!

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-30-2010, 06:03 PM
So I got to watch it. I recorded it last night (Raw), and true to form, the DVR stopped recording five minutes after 10PM, so I missed some of Shawn's farewell speech. I knew it would be up on YouTube though. I have to say... I am surprised that he did not get the sendoff that Ric Flair did.

swoleoneday
03-31-2010, 08:51 AM
So I got to watch it. I recorded it last night (Raw), and true to form, the DVR stopped recording five minutes after 10PM, so I missed some of Shawn's farewell speech. I knew it would be up on YouTube though. I have to say... I am surprised that he did not get the sendoff that Ric Flair did.

here ya go... worth the listen.

part 1 starts after the 1 min mark
YouTube- HBK Farewell speech - RAW 29-03-2010 1 of 2

part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9ayzJoD4FA
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9ayzJoD4FA&feature=related)

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-31-2010, 11:31 AM
:ok::ok:

~gymdiva~
04-01-2010, 12:24 AM
omg I am SO fixing your comment! who had a retirement speech monday night???? :p

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-01-2010, 12:27 AM
wait a minute... WTF happened?! Who did what? :lmao: I take it this was a mistake on my part :o

~gymdiva~
04-01-2010, 10:59 AM
^you said Bret's retirement speech :eek:

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Damn :o My bad.