PDA

View Full Version : Update on shoulder surgery

bodyhard
10-06-2009, 12:39 PM
So it appears I might not need another surgery. The X-Rays show there is enough space between the clavicle. The doc gave me an anti-inflammatory prescription and recommended me to physical therapy for 6 weeks.

He wants to see me back after the therapy (Nov 24h) and take it from there, which is fucking great as I really am tired of going under the knife. But he doesn't think I will be needing any surgery.

One thing he did state that got me a little worried was that he believes if there is anything wrong it is not with my clavicle but more with my rotator-cuff and some other medical term he used, basically the joint at the end of the clavicle. But he wants to go with the rehab first.

So good news for me for today. :)

gman
10-06-2009, 12:42 PM
awesome!

bodyhard
10-06-2009, 12:44 PM
awesome!

Yup, he also said I could continue my own training as long as I tell the center what my schedule is and they will work with me, i.e tell me what I can and can not do.

freebirdmac
10-06-2009, 12:46 PM
That's great news John! Follow the doc's and PT's instructions to the letter. Hard as I'm sure that will be.

gman
10-06-2009, 12:46 PM
alright, John, game on?

Remember the bet?

gman
10-06-2009, 12:47 PM
That's great news John! Follow the doc's and PT's instructions to the letter. Hard as I'm sure that will be.

just don't kick the therapist's ass,and you will be fine! lol

with your luck it will be some gay guy

freebirdmac
10-06-2009, 01:04 PM

You had to go pushing that button didn't you. :no:

bodyhard
10-06-2009, 01:05 PM

I am going to do my best, I am honestly tired of going under the knife the last two years have been horrendous.

alright, John, game on?

Remember the bet?

Ohh I remember and I am very close already.

Well then I would have to break his fucking jaw, get locked up and start this shit all over again! :eek:

But seriously if it does turn out to be some gay guy, I will just ask for another therapist.

gman
10-06-2009, 01:05 PM
john's fun to do that with...

seriously, I hope it's a 25 year old hot blond woman, John.

bodyhard
10-06-2009, 01:06 PM
You had to go pushing that button didn't you. :no:

My fucking life story, someone always pushing my wrong buttons :(

blu2xtreme
10-06-2009, 01:07 PM

Damn Mike your getting funny :)

Great news Bodyhard

bodyhard
10-06-2009, 01:08 PM
john's fun to do that with...

seriously, I hope it's a 25 year old hot blond woman, John.

LMFAO, the last time I had my physical done, last year, the doc turned out to be a fine ass 40 something year old woman! (I don't have a PCP)

Once she started checking me I got a fucking erection, damn was I fucking embarrassed to shit!

gman
10-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Haha, did she do a digital rectal exam of your prostate or grab your balls and tell you to cough? That would have really been embarrassing,but funny as shit.

bodyhard
10-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Damn Mike your getting funny :)

Great news Bodyhard

Thanks!!

yup Mike is a fucking comedian! :D :D

bodyhard
10-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Haha, did she do a digital rectal exam of your prostate or grab your balls and tell you to cough? That would have really been embarrassing,but funny as shit.

No she just told me to undress. Just the thought of undressing in front of her and BAM! Seriously embarrassing!

gman
10-06-2009, 01:13 PM
and you asked if you had low T....I wish that would happen to me just by thinking about it.

bodyhard
10-06-2009, 01:16 PM
and you asked if you had low T....I wish that would happen to me just by thinking about it.

LOL, in that department I know I don't have low test, cause I am a fucking horn dog! I have to have sex every day!

Baldiewonkanobi
10-06-2009, 01:34 PM
Great news. Don't know if you remember in Pitt I showed you the 1" gap on my left clavicle where it never reconnected after breaking it at age 14. I filled in the gap with upper pec and learned to pose with my shoulder level. You will do the same.

bodyhard
10-06-2009, 01:52 PM
Great news. Don't know if you remember in Pitt I showed you the 1" gap on my left clavicle where it never reconnected after breaking it at age 14. I filled in the gap with upper pec and learned to pose with my shoulder level. You will do the same.

Yeah I remember Bill, Ed also told me maybe some rehab will work, so I am hoping it does. My first Rehab visit is this Thursday at 6:00 PM.

Thus far this is what I have as the prescription for the Therapy:

MODALITIES:
Cryotherapy
Electrical Stimulation
Iontophoresis
massages
myofascial release
moist bath
phonophoresis
whirlpool contrast bath

EXERCISES:
Range of motion
Upper extremity strengthening
Scapula stabilizer strengthening
Rotator Cuff Strengthening
Shoulder Codman Exercise
Pulleys

Ninja Loco
10-06-2009, 02:11 PM
What the hell happened, bro??

bodyhard
10-06-2009, 02:31 PM
What the hell happened, bro??

I was in a car accident almost 3 years ago. In that accident I sustained some serious injuries, one of them was a broken clavicle. It has been healing ever since, but the docs thought I would probably need another surgery, arthroscopic scraping if the bones were touching.

Seems like I might not need another surgery, just some more rehab therapy.

Just an FYI, after my accident I was told I would never walk again by the doctors as my pelvis was crushed as well, yet here I am, not only walking, but squatting and deadlifting...

esplendido
10-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Great news! I know the feeling.

bodyhard
10-06-2009, 02:53 PM
Great news! I know the feeling.

It sucks doesn't it..

Ninja Loco
10-06-2009, 02:59 PM
I was in a car accident almost 3 years ago. In that accident I sustained some serious injuries, one of them was a broken clavicle. It has been healing ever since, but the docs thought I would probably need another surgery, arthroscopic scraping if the bones were touching.

Seems like I might not need another surgery, just some more rehab therapy.

Just an FYI, after my accident I was told I would never walk again by the doctors as my pelvis was crushed as well, yet here I am, not only walking, but squatting and deadlifting...
This is great news, bro. Just goes to prove what fucking GO GETTERS and people with discipline can accomplish. Off topic but I think that taking a long hard look at your diligence and the amount of discipline involved in such defiance of the norm can go a long way in helping you with the problem mentioned in the other thread.

bodyhard
10-06-2009, 03:13 PM
This is great news, bro. Just goes to prove what fucking GO GETTERS and people with discipline can accomplish. Off topic but I think that taking a long hard look at your diligence and the amount of discipline involved in such defiance of the norm can go a long way in helping you with the problem mentioned in the other thread.

Thanks man, One of the hardest things I ever had to deal with, as I stated already on here, I came close to taking my life out of sheer depression while being wheelchair bound. I had put a gun to my mouth and was ready to end it all but my daughter walk in on me and ever since that day I vowed to get up from the chair and walk again.

Ninja Loco
10-06-2009, 06:21 PM
Well being eastern in nature and non christian, I dont follow the western suicide ideology so suicide is nothing to me. Still, I understand where you're coming from, especially with your daughter. And it's that last line that Im talking about. Your spirit, I mean. That says tons.

Respect. Props and respect.

bodyhard
10-06-2009, 06:41 PM
Well being eastern in nature and non christian, I dont follow the western suicide ideology so suicide is nothing to me. Still, I understand where you're coming from, especially with your daughter. And it's that last line that Im talking about. Your spirit, I mean. That says tons.

Respect. Props and respect.

I feel ya man, but I wasn't saying it in any Christian way, just stating how my depression was so deep that I almost succumb to it and was ready and willing to end it all.

But also, at the same time, wanted to stress the fact how the power of the mind can overcome most anything.

Thanks for the big ups!

blu2xtreme
10-06-2009, 11:17 PM
It's amazing what we can overcome and conquer with faith in ourselves - sometimes it takes a reminder - that life is worth it ( children are a great reminder of that ) many times I wouldn't have cared if I won this fight called life if I didn't know just how much my kids need me.
Glad you found that strength:)

Ninja Loco
10-07-2009, 01:14 AM
I feel ya man, but I wasn't saying it in any Christian way, just stating how my depression was so deep that I almost succumb to it and was ready and willing to end it all.

But also, at the same time, wanted to stress the fact how the power of the mind can overcome most anything.

Thanks for the big ups!
Nah brother Im just saying that Im not a typical so called christian so wont look down on your suicidal thoughts. To my ideology suicide is actually honorable. What I meant to stress was that you found and gained honor in your resolve. I think it's the same thing you can use to cure what we were talking about elsewhere.

Oldsuperman
10-07-2009, 03:18 AM
First of the year is GO TIME BRAH! :lift:

Great thing are instore for ya! Can't wait! :yep:

bodyhard
10-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Nah brother Im just saying that Im not a typical so called christian so wont look down on your suicidal thoughts. To my ideology suicide is actually honorable. What I meant to stress was that you found and gained honor in your resolve. I think it's the same thing you can use to cure what we were talking about elsewhere.

I feel ya man and I totally understand..

First of the year is GO TIME BRAH! :lift:

Great thing are instore for ya! Can't wait! :yep:

Ed, my first appointment is tomorrow. Then, if I am not mistaken, they want me to go to rehab twice a week for 6 weeks. If this cures my shoulder, you and I can commence 100%!!:yep:

HeavyDutyGuy
10-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Good news John. Finally, a good break, no pun intended.

bodyhard
10-07-2009, 01:38 PM
Good news John. Finally, a good break, no pun intended.

All bad things come to an end! Well at least that is what I am hoping for :)

bodyhard
10-09-2009, 10:28 AM
Well first night with rehab, I am not too happy, why is that? Well I have to fucking pay $45 co-payment every fucking visit and they want to see me twice a week!!!!

OK got that out of my system, turns out I have 3 problems, inflammation, swelling on the tendons on my rotator cuff and because I have been training with the injury, the rehab guy, (I will have to remember his name) said I have forced my scapula to move forward.

He said that is the reason I can not do a front lat spread, the scapula has been move forward, he said he will work on moving it back, but we have to remove the tension on the front of my pec which is pulling on it.

He put some weird tape on my clavicle said to keep it on till our next visit said it acts as tendons? never heard of it but I have it on. Said if it starts to itch to remove it as some people are allergic to it

So we will start working on removing the inflammation and swelling first and take it from there.

No training during this time as I have only been aggravating it more.

gman
10-09-2009, 10:30 AM
did he mention do any rear delt work so the opposing muscle will pull your scapula back?

Shit man, I hope you can get it straight.

freebirdmac
10-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Sounds like he might just know what he's talking about. Sorry about the money though, that does suck. But if it works, and he straightens you out, it'll be worth it.

bodyhard
10-09-2009, 10:43 AM
did he mention do any rear delt work so the opposing muscle will pull your scapula back?

Shit man, I hope you can get it straight.

Yup once we get the swelling and inflammation down, we will start doing some back exercises to pull the scapula back. Weird how he knew that just by checking my posture from the back.

Sounds like he might just know what he's talking about. Sorry about the money though, that does suck. But if it works, and he straightens you out, it'll be worth it.

I hope he does, he said we can correct it so I have to give him the benifit of the doubt.

Yeah 90 fucking dollars a week! Shit! I could think of a lot of better things to spend $90 a week on ;)

gman
10-09-2009, 10:50 AM
90 a week is a good cycle dude, no wonder you're pissed! lol

Yeah, I knew about that back vs chest thing from my posture...before I started lifting 4 years ago, i was bent over like an old man...now that I am strong and do a lot of back work, my shoulders naturally sit back.

Sounds like this PT is a keeper.

freebirdmac
10-09-2009, 11:05 AM
This article may interest you http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_repair/pushups_face_pulls_and_shrugs

bodyhard
10-09-2009, 11:47 AM
90 a week is a good cycle dude, no wonder you're pissed! lol

Yeah, I knew about that back vs chest thing from my posture...before I started lifting 4 years ago, i was bent over like an old man...now that I am strong and do a lot of back work, my shoulders naturally sit back.

Sounds like this PT is a keeper.

A cycle? man I was thinking more along the lines of clubbing and popping bottles! Went out this past weekend to a club called the China Club in 77 street in Columbus ave. We popped 3 bottles at $300 a bottle!

This article may interest you http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_repair/pushups_face_pulls_and_shrugs

Thank you

blu2xtreme
10-09-2009, 12:08 PM
A cycle? man I was thinking more along the lines of clubbing and popping bottles! Went out this past weekend to a club called the China Club in 77 street in Columbus ave. We popped 3 bottles at $300 a bottle!

Thank you

Us women have it easy ...don't remember the last time I paid for a drink:p

gman
10-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Only the cute ones have it easy, blu

John, I would not pay $300 for a bottle of anything.

That's my whey budget for 3 months!

Baldiewonkanobi
10-09-2009, 12:16 PM
Birdie...that T Nation piece was a GEM. "Girls don't cry in baseball"....but apparantly they read T Nation.

Baldie

bodyhard
10-09-2009, 02:09 PM
Us women have it easy ...don't remember the last time I paid for a drink:p

LOL for as far as I can remember I NEVER buy women a drink first, they need to earn that shit with me. There aint no sucka over here sweetie.

The bottle we were popping was for us, thats how we do, we pop bottles!

Only the cute ones have it easy, blu

John, I would not pay $300 for a bottle of anything.

That's my whey budget for 3 months!

LOL I feel ya man, but when I go out, I go ALL out! Ya feel me! ;)

Birdie...that T Nation piece was a GEM. "Girls don't cry in baseball"....but apparantly they read T Nation.

Baldie

LMFAO!!!

blu2xtreme
10-09-2009, 02:16 PM
LOL for as far as I can remember I NEVER buy women a drink first, they need to earn that shit with me. There aint no sucka over here sweetie.

Guess Vegas guys are just Sucka's or I'm just that good:p

freebirdmac
10-09-2009, 02:22 PM

Baldie

I'll only cry if the Yankees lose post-season :)

gman
10-09-2009, 02:27 PM

I am guessing the former? ;)

go ahead and start crying then...Dodgers, baby!

freebirdmac
10-09-2009, 02:45 PM

:lmao:

gman
10-09-2009, 02:50 PM
You're just mad because your team let the best manager in history go.

bodyhard
10-09-2009, 02:51 PM

You are a cutie that I will admit, but any guy buying a drink for a women in a club just to strike up a conversation and then not getting any ass is a sucker in my book, unless he ends up getting a piece of ass. But with me the ass has to come first! Ya feel me!

Big Ups Boogie down Bronx :D

No tears will need to be shed.

I am guessing the former? ;)

There you go trying to be mister nice guy again, spit it out hommie! :D

Ya think???:no:

:lmao::yep:

blu2xtreme
10-09-2009, 03:09 PM
So it's safe for Mike to buy me a drink then :)

Not getting a drink from you John;)

and I love the Cubs so I am always crying...
nice to catch up with old friends:D

bodyhard
10-09-2009, 03:13 PM
So it's safe for Mike to buy me a drink then :)

Not getting a drink from you John;)

and I love the Cubs so I am always crying...
nice to catch up with old friends:D

I say the old Mike yes, the new Mike, not so sure :D

I'll leave this one alone....

Keep crying,:byeg::byeg::byeg:

gman
10-09-2009, 03:16 PM
one thing we can all agree on is the Cubs suck....

bodyhard
10-09-2009, 03:20 PM

Yup we can definitely agree on that!

blu2xtreme
10-09-2009, 03:23 PM

Yup we can definitely agree on that!

Neither of you are buying me a drink :p

gman
10-09-2009, 03:26 PM
wow how about that shoulder surgery update?

You know you would end up buying the drinks, blu, I don't ever have any money.

bodyhard
10-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Neither of you are buying me a drink :p

Of course not cause you would be buying it for me.

blu2xtreme
10-09-2009, 03:37 PM
wow how about that shoulder surgery update?

You know you would end up buying the drinks, blu, I don't ever have any money.

Of course not cause you would be buying it for me.

Your both right ...I would :yep:

gman
10-09-2009, 06:20 PM
I am cheap, I just drink Negra Modelo

bodyhard
10-09-2009, 11:03 PM
You better have some serious money if you are planning on buying me drinks! Trust me when I tell ya ;)

blu2xtreme
10-10-2009, 01:15 AM
I am cheap, I just drink Negra Modelo

Don't know what it is but if it's cheap ...I might buy the first round after you win the challenge :yep:

You better have some serious money if you are planning on buying me drinks! Trust me when I tell ya ;)

Thought you shared my love of Captian and diet;)

Trust me...you'll be wishin you bought the drinks:p

gman
10-10-2009, 07:50 AM
http://marioknowsbeer.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/negramodello.jpg

bodyhard
10-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Don't know what it is but if it's cheap ...I might buy the first round after you win the challenge :yep:

Thought you shared my love of Captian and diet;)

Trust me...you'll be wishin you bought the drinks:p

I love capt and coke, no diet bullshit for me.

But I only have that as a warm up :D

me wishing?

blu2xtreme
10-10-2009, 11:11 PM
I love capt and coke, no diet bullshit for me.

But I only have that as a warm up :D

me wishing?

Ok maybe I was wishing:p

bodyhard
10-13-2009, 10:30 AM
Ok maybe I was wishing:p

Maybe? :confused: :D

Well yesterday was my second day at the rehab. Fuck this shit is somewhat painful. The ultrasound feels great as well as the massages, but the fucking stretching FUCK!! :eek:

Once again he put some tape on my shoulder that acts as added ligaments to keep my clavicle back and help support the scapula. After the stretching though, my range of motion did seem to be a little better. But man putting my arm behind my back (he uses a towel under my arm for leverage) and then lifting it up to my shoulder blades was fucking killing me!

gman
10-13-2009, 10:36 AM
I had a guy next to me every week at PT for my c5 vertebrae and he had some shoulder thing going on...he screamed like a baby when she stretched his arm back over his head...I know you must be in pain...tough it out, John!

blu2xtreme
10-13-2009, 10:38 AM
Heck I would buy you a drink just for you being you...while your still drinking Captain that is:p

Hope the rehab gets easier for you:)

bodyhard
10-13-2009, 11:32 AM
I had a guy next to me every week at PT for my c5 vertebrae and he had some shoulder thing going on...he screamed like a baby when she stretched his arm back over his head...I know you must be in pain...tough it out, John!

I am toughing it out, getting close to smacking him hupside his fucking head at times though :D

He keeps telling me "You are too muscular" :rolleyes:

Heck I would buy you a drink just for you being you...while your still drinking Captain that is:p

Hope the rehab gets easier for you:)

Aww why only CM&C you need to step up your game!!

Thanks, so do I, so do I...

gman
10-13-2009, 11:42 AM
you forgot (no homo) after the too muscular phrase

bodyhard
10-13-2009, 12:02 PM
you forgot (no homo) after the too muscular phrase

I don't need that, there is nothing feminine about me in anyway so that No Homo rule bullshit is out with me.

If you need to say No Homo then you are not sure of yourself, and trust me this man LOVES PUSSY too much and hates FAGGOTS too much to ever have to use the No Homo rule! :D :D

gman
10-13-2009, 12:03 PM
But you were describing it from the PT's perspective!

I know you ain't no homo

bodyhard
10-13-2009, 12:21 PM
But you were describing it from the PT's perspective!

I know you ain't no homo

LOL I see your point, but I still stand by my decision ;) The NO HOMO rule does not apply to me..

blu2xtreme
10-13-2009, 01:02 PM
LOL I see your point, but I still stand by my decision ;) The NO HOMO rule does not apply to me..

you are right on that:p

women don't need that no homo we are allowed to admire eachother:)

bodyhard
10-13-2009, 03:24 PM
you are right on that:p

women don't need that no homo we are allowed to admire eachother:)

And we like watching you admire one another too! :hide::erection:

bodyhard
10-15-2009, 10:54 AM
Shoulder is getting a better range of motion, not a lot but more than what I had prior to visiting the rehab, so I think this is a good sign. One thing though the Naproxen that I am taking is giving me some serious headaches and dry mouth!

gman
10-15-2009, 10:55 AM
can you try a different anti inflammatory?

bodyhard
10-15-2009, 11:27 AM
can you try a different anti inflammatory?

Not sure Mike, that is what he recommended so I will just deal with it, it is only for two weeks. I can handle two weeks.

gman
10-15-2009, 12:09 PM
cool...sometimes it helps to eat something with naproxen

bodyhard
10-15-2009, 03:58 PM
cool...sometimes it helps to eat something with naproxen

Oh I only take it with meals not on its own. He said it is not good to continue it for more than two weeks as it destroys the stomach.

freebirdmac
10-15-2009, 07:04 PM
You're still taking glutamine right? I think that's supposed to help damage from meds like naproxen.

Increasing range of motion is good!

bodyhard
10-16-2009, 10:15 AM
You're still taking glutamine right? I think that's supposed to help damage from meds like naproxen.

Increasing range of motion is good!

I actually stopped taking supps. I don't stay on supps when I am not training. So for the next six weeks I am only eating real foods, no MRP's no whey, no vitamins and no supps.

Last night he showed me how to to perform some stretching movements that I can do at home. Said next week we will start doing some exercises. Said I am responding extremely well to the therapy!

When I got out from therapy two guys were sitting on my fucking car! Who the fuck sits on a shiny red car???

I flipped, almost got physical but the fucking cops were close by and stopped us before anything got set off :(

blu2xtreme
10-16-2009, 11:07 AM
Glad your PT is going well - you'll be training again before you know it.

Nice when a cop is around when you need one;)

esplendido
10-16-2009, 11:19 AM
HB, one word, "Meloxicam".

bodyhard
10-16-2009, 11:50 AM
Glad your PT is going well - you'll be training again before you know it.

Nice when a cop is around when you need one;)

Yup all hell is going to break lose cause I am going to give it fucking hell once I am 100%!!

No not nice! I wanted to beat the fucking crap out of both of those fucking guys! I haven't hit someone in quite some time! :mad:

HB, one word, "Meloxicam".

What is that Esp? Can you elaborate more on it please?

bndniron4evrgal
10-16-2009, 03:17 PM
HB, one word, "Meloxicam".i have never heard of this before i "googled" it......

i use IBUPROPHEN. 800MGS at a time, which is the "theraputic" dosage.

i live by it. my body tends to make excessive inflamation and IBUPROPHEN seems to do the trick.

great for headaches too!

bodyhard
10-17-2009, 11:05 AM
Trying to do the exercises the PT showed me but I must be doing them wrong cause that shit hurt like hell!

One thing I am noticing though, my mass is going down really fast! :( :(

I fucking hate my bodytype! :mad:

blu2xtreme
10-17-2009, 11:18 AM
Trying to do the exercises the PT showed me but I must be doing them wrong cause that shit hurt like hell!

One thing I am noticing though, my mass is going down really fast! :( :(

I fucking hate my bodytype! :mad:

Sorry BH , it's amazing you wouldn't think you would lose mass that quickly with as much as you had built up again.

I know I had a small amount and leaning to much this last couple months really made a negative difference...
Hope the next 5 weeks goes quickly for you...know how much training means to you:)

bodyhard
10-17-2009, 01:03 PM
Sorry BH , it's amazing you wouldn't think you would lose mass that quickly with as much as you had built up again.

I know I had a small amount and leaning to much this last couple months really made a negative difference...
Hope the next 5 weeks goes quickly for you...know how much training means to you:)

Yeah Blu it sucks, but my genetic make up wants to go back to its original size and having a fast metabolism doesn't help :(

Although I am still eating pretty heavy but without the training to hold on to the LBM it starts to drop.

bodyhard
10-21-2009, 12:29 AM
The bump on my clavicle is actually going down!! :yep:

esplendido
10-21-2009, 01:07 AM
Meloxicam inhibits cyclooxygenase (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/wiki/Cyclooxygenase) (COX), the enzyme (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/wiki/Enzyme) responsible for converting arachidonic acid (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/wiki/Arachidonic_acid) into prostaglandin H2 (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/wiki/Prostaglandin_H2)—the first step in the synthesis of prostaglandins (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/wiki/Prostaglandin), which are mediators of inflammation. Meloxicam has been shown, especially at its low therapeutic dose, selectively to inhibit COX-2 over COX-1.
A primary advantage of the oxicam family of drugs is their long half-life which permits once-day dosing. (http://www.accessmedicine.com/content.aspx?aID=942781)

gman
10-21-2009, 05:08 AM
The bump on my clavicle is actually going down!! :yep:

great news, John

bodyhard
10-21-2009, 10:57 AM
great news, John

Yeah man the shit was sticking out, I always thought it was the bone, but in actuality it was the tendons/ligaments around the clavicle that were inflamed. The more I kept working out the further I was aggravating it.

bodyhard
10-21-2009, 07:51 PM
OK so now we are working on the back of my shoulder, ultrasound kind of painful and we started doing some band exercises, like the way this is going.

Gave me a band to take home, but only to do 2 exercises, 2 sets each at 10 reps.

bodyhard
10-22-2009, 01:56 PM
Doing the two exercises today at home, but have too much clicking and pain in the shoulder doing one of the movements.

Notice that while I did the movements at the center there was no clicking nor pain but that was after the ultrasound, heating and the PT stretching massaging the shoulder.

Not sure if I should continue doing the movement with this much discomfort.

bodyhard
10-22-2009, 10:07 PM
Did a quick run to the PT center, he showed me some tricks to do.

1) Place my free hand on the shoulder and push it back while performing the movement, forcing the shoulder back and assisting the scapula, the clicking and pain stopped!

2) Perform the movement at a lesser degree, this work but I felt I was cheating the movement so I will stick with #1.

bodyhard
10-26-2009, 08:52 PM
Shoulder is coming along great! The exercises are slowing working, can't wait till I can start training full force again.

Hopefully this is sooner than later.

gman
10-26-2009, 08:53 PM
this is so cool, John...pain free balls to the wall is not far off now

blu2xtreme
10-26-2009, 09:02 PM
Shoulder is coming along great! The exercises are slowing working, can't wait till I can start training full force again.

Hopefully this is sooner than later.

Glad to hear it :)
Has to be hard not training ....but you will kick ass as always once training starts again .

bodyhard
10-26-2009, 09:13 PM
this is so cool, John...pain free balls to the wall is not far off now

The shit he is making me do is painful as hell but when he is done my range of motion is so much better.

Glad to hear it :)
Has to be hard not training ....but you will kick ass as always once training starts again .

Yeah it sucks not training but the best part is knowing that I will be able to train with a full ROM and pain free once this is over with!

bodyhard
10-30-2009, 11:47 AM
FUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKK these new exercises this mother fucker is giving me are causing my trap/neck to get strained!!!

He said because my shoulder is weak and other muscles compensate for its weakness, he said that is going to happen. So now I can't look to my fucking left! I feel like a fucking cripple!

Fuck if it is not one thing it is another somebody just fucking shoot me right now, I am so fucking tired of this shit I swear I am going to wind up killing somebody.

buckimscl
10-30-2009, 12:02 PM
Just give it time bro! It'll work out.

bodyhard
10-30-2009, 12:05 PM
Just give it time bro! It'll work out.

It is just frustrating I want to hit the gym so badly man. I have anger issues and the gym is my way of controlling it.

But I know it takes time, trust me I was out of he gym for 2 years.

blu2xtreme
10-30-2009, 12:06 PM
FUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKK these new exercises this mother fucker is giving me are causing my trap/neck to get strained!!!

He said because my shoulder is weak and other muscles compensate for its weakness, he said that is going to happen. So now I can't look to my fucking left! I feel like a fucking cripple!

Fuck if it is not one thing it is another somebody just fucking shoot me right now, I am so fucking tired of this shit I swear I am going to wind up killing somebody.

Hey - you have been though way worse then this shit - it will get there.

Plus hurting people sucks - and prison sucks more - protein powder is way hard to get and you have to fight big guys to use the weight equip :p

gman
10-30-2009, 12:08 PM
yeah, you live in the Bronx, this PT shit ain't nothin

bodyhard
10-30-2009, 12:09 PM
Hey - you have been though way worse then this shit - it will get there.

Plus hurting people sucks - and prison sucks more - protein powder is way hard to get and you have to fight big guys to use the weight equip :p

I know but the worst thing is being so close to being 100% and then getting set back by little bullshit!

I could use some time in prison, would be kool. ;)

bodyhard
10-30-2009, 12:13 PM
yeah, you live in the Bronx, this PT shit ain't nothin

LOL the problem IS that i live in the Bronx! Shit last night I went to Rite aid with my son, and for no fucking apparent reason this guy starts shit with my son, when I confronted him he left. But on our way out of rite aid, the faggot came back in a car, rolled down his window and pointed a sawed-off shotgun at me and my son.

Didn't have the balls to shoot just wanted to instill fear in us, not that fucking easy. Then drove off.