PDA

View Full Version : Ass Lightning... Holy shit!

John Romano
10-06-2009, 03:45 PM
As my good friend, IFBB legend Mike Matarazzo used to say, "everything works, but nothing works all the time." That being the case, you need a few versions of similar items in your bodybuilding arsenal to keep things optimal. Especially as far as stimulants are concerned. Switching from one to another after prolonged use can really give you a kick in the ass, especially if the replacement item is at least as good as the one you were taking.

Well, i had a very uplifting experience the other day when i tried my first bottle of Ass Lightening. I was feeling like shit - very tired and very unmotivated - and I had to train.... Legs. I downed the Ass Lightening on an empty stomach instead of my usual pre-workout pick me up and 15 minutes later it felt like I had broken the law! I could actually feel myself coming on to it, like... well... lets just say "something else."

I can't wait until the case gets here!!

DJTree
10-06-2009, 04:01 PM
I'm glad you liked it John, the stuff definitely gets me going without a doubt!

It also puts me in a great fucking mood!

You're case is in the mail and on its way
Watch out for Dros, I hear he's a stimulant scavenger!

:beerbang:

Mr Incredible
10-06-2009, 04:22 PM
whats in it, is it seriousely called ass lightening or am I being dumb?

DJTree
10-06-2009, 04:36 PM
Haha Yes it's seriously called Ass Lightning

It is Sugar Free, Carb Free, 0 Calories
It contains Niacin, B6, Folic Acid, B12, Taurine, Caffeine, Malic Acid, N-Acetyl, L-Tyrosine, Glucuronolactone, L-Phenylalanine

It's a Berry Flavored 2oz energy shooter. It's a serious kick in the ass when you're on the ropes.

Interested? Pick up a case of 12 for 36 dollars plus shipping

-Dave

RickO'shea
10-06-2009, 05:33 PM
will do thanks for the review John!

Gr8rGood
10-07-2009, 10:31 AM

It contains Niacin, B6, Folic Acid, B12, Taurine, Caffeine, Malic Acid, N-Acetyl, L-Tyrosine, Glucuronolactone, L-Phenylalanine

It's a Berry Flavored 2oz energy shooter. It's a serious kick in the ass when you're on the ropes.

-Dave

When I got in touch with you guys about my order, I wanted to ask "How does your Ass Lighting taste?" But after realizing that would sound horrible, I decided it'd be best not to ask. Berry does sound good though.

MichaelWayne
10-07-2009, 01:15 PM
Not trying to rock the boat, but how do they compare to a hypershot?

Plase don't say "Apples and Oranges". They are both 'energy' drinks, but what does one have over the other?

DJTree
10-07-2009, 02:33 PM
When I got in touch with you guys about my order, I wanted to ask "How does your Ass Lighting taste?" But after realizing that would sound horrible, I decided it'd be best not to ask. Berry does sound good though.

LOL
You're order's in the mail so you should get a taste any day now

DJTree
10-07-2009, 02:38 PM
Not trying to rock the boat, but how do they compare to a hypershot?

Plase don't say "Apples and Oranges". They are both 'energy' drinks, but what does one have over the other?

While I am only marginally insulted at the assumption that I would defer to a cliche' like apples and oranges :p I must admit that I've actually never had a hypershot.

I CAN however compare them to Red Bull shooters, Monster Hitman Shooters and 5 hour energy (regular and extra strength versions). My take is that Ass Lightning DOES in fact give the best energy boost, and it also puts me in a better mood. The last part should only be viewed as a personal experience, but it is my personal experience.

As far as taste is concerned, it tastes better than Red Bull and Hitman (as "Berry" is an identifiable flavor, as opposed to the other two which taste like "something"). Comparing the flavor to 5 hour energy, it is somewhat similar to the berry flavor, however 5 hour energy has a vitamin concentrate kick in the throat that is thankfully absent in ASS LIGHTNING. It has been described as being "smoother" than 5 hour.

-Dave

GENESIS
10-07-2009, 02:44 PM
ha what a comical name.

MichaelWayne
10-07-2009, 02:45 PM
While I am only marginally insulted at the assumption that I would defer to a cliche' like apples and oranges :p I must admit that I've actually never had a hypershot.

I CAN however compare them to Red Bull shooters, Monster Hitman Shooters and 5 hour energy (regular and extra strength versions). My take is that Ass Lightning DOES in fact give the best energy boost, and it also puts me in a better mood. The last part should only be viewed as a personal experience, but it is my personal experience.

As far as taste is concerned, it tastes better than Red Bull and Hitman (as "Berry" is an identifiable flavor, as opposed to the other two which taste like "something"). Comparing the flavor to 5 hour energy, it is somewhat similar to the berry flavor, however 5 hour energy has a vitamin concentrate kick in the throat that is thankfully absent in ASS LIGHTNING. It has been described as being "smoother" than 5 hour.

-Dave

Cool man, thanks for the info. Just was wondering if its instant energy (hypershot) or if its energy+a little extra (sounds like your product).

Looks like its a 'HAVE TO TRY' product. :yep:

jpick1369
10-07-2009, 05:59 PM
I have tried them both and I like the ass lighting A LOT better the taste is better and I dont get that overwhelming tingling sensation I get from hypershots. Give them a try and see for yourself you wont be disappointed. Plus you'll love the looks and questions you get when people see what you are drinking.

TheTransformator
10-07-2009, 06:04 PM

-Dave

Straight No Bullshit answer...no mumbo jumbo talk...BOOM...honesty sells...best of luck with your enterprise...

Gr8rGood
10-07-2009, 10:26 PM
LOL
You're order's in the mail so you should get a taste any day now

Just got Onslaught today!

big.poppa.pump
10-07-2009, 10:36 PM

-Dave

it looks like every single energy drink i have ever had lol

John Romano
10-07-2009, 11:36 PM
What's the difference between a Hundai, a Honda, a Kia and an Accord? Not really very much. There is, however, a synergy in the component matrix that may or may not appeal to one person over another. I've found energy drinks to be the same way, except that you can afford to be more fickle with them. I like Hyper Shots -a lot. But i don't like them all the time. Ass Lightening is a great addition to my stimulant arsenal. While all energy shots pretty much do the same thing there is a subtle nuance to all of them. you have to try them to see which ones you like. There is no reason why you can't like several brands and use all of them alternately. I was really surprised at how good ass Lightening is. It is really a very effective and great tasting product.

big.poppa.pump
10-07-2009, 11:40 PM
What's the difference between a Hundai, a Honda, a Kia and an Accord? Not really very much. There is, however, a synergy in the component matrix that may or may not appeal to one person over another. I've found energy drinks to be the same way, except that you can afford to be more fickle with them. I like Hyper Shots -a lot. But i don't like them all the time. Ass Lightening is a great addition to my stimulant arsenal. While all energy shots pretty much do the same thing there is a subtle nuance to all of them. you have to try them to see which ones you like. There is no reason why you can't like several brands and use all of them alternately. I was really surprised at how good ass Lightening is. It is really a very effective and great tasting product.

I always have problems with perfuse sweating with the energy shots. They seem to overstim me. I prefer Monster Lo Carb or Rockstar sugar-free because I can sip them throughout the day and not get twitchy.

John Romano
10-07-2009, 11:46 PM
I always have problems with perfuse sweating with the energy shots. They seem to overstim me. I prefer Monster Lo Carb or Rockstar sugar-free because I can sip them throughout the day and not get twitchy.

Agree. Ass lightening is a shot. But it doesn't give you that overstimmed feeling. I feel the ability to really generate power during my work out without feeling twitchy and sweaty. I was really surprised because i was sure i was going to feel that icky stimmed feeling.

Ninja Loco
10-08-2009, 12:00 AM
Ok....... call me stupid (just call me sexy when you do) but this stuff is only sold online here, right? cause Im so fuking jaded to the whole supp industry that I really dont care who says what about something. John is different though. He I can relate to.

I want to try this stuff.

John Romano
10-08-2009, 12:17 AM
Ok....... call me stupid (just call me sexy when you do) but this stuff is only sold online here, right? cause Im so fuking jaded to the whole supp industry that I really dont care who says what about something. John is different though. He I can relate to.

You stupid sexy bitch! I think you'll like this stuff. I'm going to do bag work tomorrow on it. I'll let you know how it works. Yesterday I was dragging my ass so bad the bag won.

Ninja Loco
10-08-2009, 12:33 AM
Yesterday I was dragging my ass so bad the bag won.
Diet root beer through the nose....... thanks, lol.

big.poppa.pump
10-08-2009, 12:39 AM

alright, i'll give it try. I need a preworkout that doesn't turn me into a fucking crackhead

MrNoFro
10-08-2009, 07:55 AM

Awesome. Let us know what you think after you try it out!

DJTree
10-08-2009, 01:45 PM
Straight No Bullshit answer...no mumbo jumbo talk...BOOM...honesty sells...best of luck with your enterprise...

Thanks for the good wishes bro, mumbo jumbo is not my forte.

You ask me a question, you get the honest truth.

-Dave

DJTree
10-08-2009, 01:48 PM

Our online store will be up and running Friday (godwilling) at brutalalchemy.com

If you want to get your order asap, you can call us at 336-688-7192 and ill take your order over the phone.

-Dave

DJTree
10-08-2009, 01:55 PM

I shipped your ASS LIGHTNING and ISOLATION seperate. Check your mail, you should probably have it :yep:

What'd you think of ONLSLAUGHT?

-Dave

DJTree
10-08-2009, 01:59 PM

Thanks for the props John, it means a LOT to get respect for a product coming from a guy who has as much experience with them as you!

And VERY well put about the subtle differences in the way different energy products feel and hit a person.

I think you're going to owe somebody a new bag after today's bag workout!

-Dave

John Romano
10-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the props John, it means a LOT to get respect for a product coming from a guy who has as much experience with them as you!

And VERY well put about the subtle differences in the way different energy products feel and hit a person.

I think you're going to owe somebody a new bag after today's bag workout!

-Dave

Yeah!! Got my shipment today. Thank you!! Looking forward to trying the other products along with the Add Lightning!!

Gr8rGood
10-09-2009, 10:44 PM
I shipped your ASS LIGHTNING and ISOLATION seperate. Check your mail, you should probably have it :yep:

What'd you think of ONLSLAUGHT?

-Dave

I think Onslaught is very tasty. What amazes me about the product is that their is very little in the way of artificial ingredients. The most questionable ingredient is probably sucralose (which isn't really questionable at all) and it still manages to be delicious. Very admirable.

I just received my Isolation and Ass Lighting in the mail today. Would you suggest refrigerating the Ass Lighting, for the sake of taste? Also, how much water would you recommend mixing with the Isolation?

MrNoFro
10-10-2009, 12:26 AM
I think Onslaught is very tasty. What amazes me about the product is that their is very little in the way of artificial ingredients. The most questionable ingredient is probably sucralose (which isn't really questionable at all) and it still manages to be delicious. Very admirable.

I just received my Isolation and Ass Lighting in the mail today. Would you suggest refrigerating the Ass Lighting, for the sake of taste? Also, how much water would you recommend mixing with the Isolation?

Glad you like the Onslaught, Chance. I had no doubt you would as I think it's our best tasting product. I believe it tastes as good as it does particularly BECAUSE of the leaner ingredient profile. Real shit just tastes better, to put it bluntly.

As for water to powder ratio, I'm going to be honest and tell you that I haven't taken it with water. However, I have used isolation with water and I used 12oz. I figure 10-12oz should work for Onslaught also...maybe keeping it closer to 10 so that it doesn't get too watered down. I normally mix it with milk, personally.

I'd have to recommend not refrigerating the Onslaught. As long as you store it in a dry, room temp place it should be fine (In a kitchen cabinet away from any heat source). Refrigeration can cause temperature changes within the container that in turn can cause condensation that would negatively impact not only the flavor, but also the freshness.

Keep us posted on your thoughts, experiences and questions/concerns.

Matt

DJTree
10-10-2009, 01:10 AM
I'd have to recommend not refrigerating the Onslaught. As long as you store it in a dry, room temp place it should be fine (In a kitchen cabinet away from any heat source). Refrigeration can cause temperature changes within the container that in turn can cause condensation that would negatively impact not only the flavor, but also the freshness.

Matt

LOL! Remember folks, refrigeration may cause temperature changes!

:)

Just kidding Matt, you know you're my brother.

Anyway, as for refrigerating Ass Lightning, i do sometimes. But I think it's just as good either way. There's no freshness or preservation issue with it, just a matter of your beverage preference.

-Dave

MrNoFro
10-10-2009, 06:46 AM
LOL! Remember folks, refrigeration may cause temperature changes!

:)

Just kidding Matt, you know you're my brother.

Anyway, as for refrigerating Ass Lightning, i do sometimes. But I think it's just as good either way. There's no freshness or preservation issue with it, just a matter of your beverage preference.

-Dave

Ok, no more posting without proper sleep for me. I was talking about refrigerating Onslaught (like some people like to refrigerate ground coffee)...which is clearly not the question that the Chancenator was asking.
I'll sit in the corner with my dunce cap and shut up now.

Matt

Gr8rGood
10-10-2009, 08:00 AM

Matt

Will do.

Gr8rGood
10-10-2009, 11:31 AM
I just tried Ass Lightning for the first time and I have to agree with John Romano about its effects. Ass Lightning does increase focus and its effects begin to set in within 15 minutes, but stop right before other stims keep going. It flat-lines right before you feel your about to become over-stimulated, right before a traditional energy product would turn your world upside down. Ass Lightning managed to push to the very edge of what an energy shot could do without going overboard with unwanted side effects.

As far as the taste is concerned, the berry flavor works well. I was anticipating a vitamin/ mineral kick in the taste but it wasn't there. Instead I found the taste to be relatively mild.

And just as a side note, being seen drinking something called "Ass Lightning" is sure to start some interesting conversations.

Jeff The Producer
10-10-2009, 10:34 PM
I'm glad you liked it John, the stuff definitely gets me going without a doubt!

It also puts me in a great fucking mood!

You're case is in the mail and on its way
Watch out for Dros, I hear he's a stimulant scavenger!

I guarantee you Johh will have used the entire case before Dros gets his hands on it. :)

John Romano
10-11-2009, 12:26 PM
I guarantee you Johh will have used the entire case before Dros gets his hands on it. :)

What are you trying to say?

B7emm
10-31-2009, 04:34 PM
i used my first ass lightning this afternoon. and i was so impressed with the flavor that i found my self wanting more. the taste is fantastic. i was not overly stimulated either it brought me up and i have stayed there since about 1PM. truly the best shooter i have every used. also i have kind of a euphoric feeling about 15 min after use of the product my motivation and concentration is way up. i could use this Daily and be very satisfied. i also used isolation and the taste was superb it was as good as the more expensive brands of proteins. i didn't feel any bloat or stomach problems as with other protein products. my absolute fav. protein is vanilla isolize and this is right up there with it. great products guys.

DannyAbs
05-11-2010, 09:22 AM
Lots of great info in this thread. Shame on me for not reading it throughly before. I can't wait to try the full line of BA products. I am adding them slowly to my supplement arsenal. The only proplem is trying to keep my monthly supplement bill at a resonable level.

Wilcox
12-23-2010, 06:42 AM
Sounds like some great stuff. Gotta pick myself up some.