PDA

View Full Version : Keto help

tdcoach
02-25-2009, 09:16 AM
I am now on day 6 of Dave's Keto diet and I have gained 2 lb's.

1. Is it normal to actually put on weight when you first start?

2.Also , I have been testing my urine with Keto strips and I have been in moderate Keto according to these strips. Should I be in a higher state of ketosis or am I just too early in the diet to be in a higher state of ketosis?

3.My energy levels have been in the tank. How long before I start to feel human again?

Thanks for the help

red barraca
02-25-2009, 09:36 AM

2.Also , I have been testing my urine with Keto strips and I have been in moderate Keto according to these strips. Should I be in a higher state of ketosis or am I just too early in the diet to be in a higher state of ketosis?

3.My energy levels have been in the tank. How long before I start to feel human again?

Thanks for the help
think it water weight bro.think its a bit to early,a few more days,i've done this diet after a cycle,and got lean as hell,felt like shit but look great,i could'nt lift the same not as heavy,had a cheat meal and felt better.

Frosty
02-25-2009, 10:43 AM
Give it 2-3 weeks total to really start feeling a lot better. Make sure you're not getting in more carbs than you think. Add them all up from veggie sources, sauces, spices, etc. Sometimes people don't realize how many carbs they're getting and it can ruin the diet!

Have 1-2 cups of coffee if needed for energy right now.

Funny question, but have you been shitting properly? If not, that could explain weight gain.... and I would make sure you're getting enough fiber, water, and salt.

bigdaddyd
02-25-2009, 10:49 AM
I have had this same problem so I started with fiberlyze today. I will let you know if that works out.

gman
02-25-2009, 10:58 AM
More water, more fiber, perhaps more cardio.

Give it time though. I lost 4 first week, but only 1 in the second week.

I am in week 5, and have never felt better or more energetic.

bigdaddyd
02-25-2009, 11:04 AM
gman, how long was it before you stopped feeling drained of energy? I didn't have that problem at all the first time but I am dragging ass already. Most of it is probably because I havent slept much in the last few days. But....

gman
02-25-2009, 11:12 AM
Sorry to tell you this bdd, I was fine after 3-4 days.

ironwarrior22
02-25-2009, 11:47 AM
Be diligent, I have a client on keto it's been 5 weeks he's lost 40lbs of fat and gained 5lbs of muscle. He said he felt week and crappy the firs 4-5 days but now feels the best he's ever felt.

gman
02-25-2009, 12:21 PM
Damn, I thought I was doing well to lose 9 in 4 weeks!

bigdaddyd
02-25-2009, 12:23 PM
DAMN...that all I have to say...DAMN

bigwagon
02-25-2009, 06:18 PM
I've been on Dave's diet for a week and a day and lost 20 lbs., but I have more to lose than an average person. :D

Myth
02-26-2009, 01:46 AM

Thanks for the help

whats your LBM and what are your macros? you cant follow a cookie cutter diet and expect optimum results

tammyp
02-26-2009, 06:06 AM
are you basing it on your weight? subbing any food? cheating? weighing and measuring?

tdcoach
02-26-2009, 11:08 AM
whats your LBM and what are your macros? you cant follow a cookie cutter diet and expect optimum results

I have hired Dave for my contest prep, so he is setting it up according to my pics and stats, it is not a cookie cutter diet.

currently I am 5'11" 210lb's 7.2%bf at 48 yo
I have been following the diet as given to me, no cheating.

I am thinking that since I am now getting the proper nutrients (especially protein) as opposed to pre diet, I actually might be putting on muscle. Of course I could also be holding water.

Thanks for your input everyone