PDA

View Full Version : Q: for the ladies....

PTB
10-07-2009, 11:34 AM
I know I'm in the Lion's den here, but I've always had a couple of questions, and I'd like to here input.

Why do some women insist on wearing revealing clothing - showing cleavage or too much leg, or butt, whaever, and yet are always fixing it up, where they are pulling it up, or pulling it down? If you are not comfortable in something, why wear it?

I've seen so many times where a woman, who's already showing cleavage, may bend over and expose more, and they will use their hand to cover themselves up - as if that makes it less obvious or draws less attention to it.

One time at work, a girl was wearing low rider jeans and a short top, which showed her backside w/Tatoos. We were walking upstairs and she purposefully pulled down to cover her back as she walked up with me behind her. Does that draw more or less attention to you?

And if you are going to wear something that draws attention to certain body parts, if that attention is received, why then give a look to the person like "what are you looking at?" or "Why is everyone staring at me?".
There's a difference between looking and menacing for sure, but to have a suprised look on your face when you are wearing something too tight or revealing, I'm like "what did you expect?"

I'm not a prude, and I think there's a time and place for everything, but if you're going to put yourself out there, then put yourself out there. If not, then wear something you will feel comfortable in.

Seeing women get up all the time to pull their dress down, or constantly adjusting their cleavage I would think is a hassle.

kungfuprincess007
10-07-2009, 02:01 PM
You know it's funny but I used to wear shorter shirts and clothes that maybe didn't fit me just right.

With these past 4-5 years now I pick shirts that are longer so I don't have the problem of them riding up and I wash them in cold water and air dry them so they don't shrink.

So for a matter for some women it's probably a thing of not knowing what to really pick out at the clothes store that will look right on them. If you've ever watched 'What not to Wear' on TLC, this is a category that a lot of women fall into.

Now for the revealing clothing and showing off cleavage and giving people nasty looks when they are looked at, I couldn't tell you. I think it's look they put something on and wanted to get attention for it, but when they do what they expected is not to their liking after all.

BadAssBarbie
10-07-2009, 02:17 PM
I agree! I have to throw this out there, though...cute isn't always comfortable. Sometimes you buy something that's cute, feels comfortable, fits nicely..then you wear and find out it rides up or whatever. Posssibly, put on or lose a few lbs, and things don't fit quite the same. There could be many reasons, but you are correct...women tend to buy clothes that don't fit properly or don't flatter their figures. Why? I do not know.

SallyAnne
10-07-2009, 02:30 PM
I had a dress on at the ALRI after party and I had to keep checking to make sure my boobs weren't hanging out there. lol Trying something on and actually wearing it out can sometimes be 2 different things. If I had known they would be constantly trying to break free, I'd have bought some of that sticky tape to keep them reigned in. ;)

PTB
10-07-2009, 03:03 PM
I had a dress on at the ALRI after party and I had to keep checking to make sure my boobs weren't hanging out there. lol Trying something on and actually wearing it out can sometimes be 2 different things. If I had known they would be constantly trying to break free, I'd have bought some of that sticky tape to keep them reigned in. ;)
lol!! sounds like they have a mind of their own!

tammyp
10-07-2009, 03:36 PM
im all about comfort, but sometimes you gotta look good! high heels fir the bill here....

i agree w the others. sometimes you dont know til you wear it how its going to move or creep.

shankuan
10-07-2009, 03:57 PM
im all about comfort, but sometimes you gotta look good! high heels fir the bill here....

i agree w the others. sometimes you dont know til you wear it how its going to move or creep.

I'm all about comfort and also about looking good too BUT...it seems ridiculous to wear a pair of stilletos out only to have to kick 'em off and walk barefooted!!! if their brand new, then teh 1st time you wear 'em and find out they aint so comfy...i'm ok with kickin them off...but EVERYTIME???!! lolol.

I've given away a few pairs of shoes after ONLY one wear..having found out that they weren't ANYWHERE near comfortable as they looked! But to each their own i guess!

i afree with ya though PTB..if it ain't comfy or if you don't want the att'n, then leave it at home!

Tatyana
10-07-2009, 04:04 PM
I think a lot of women don't realise how visual men are and that men will respond in different ways depending on how you present yourself.

Sometimes it is appropriate to wear something that is super sexy, although I adhere to the either cleavage or legs, not both as it can too easily look totally trashy.

For most jobs, it really isn't appropriate to wear anything that is sexy.

sassy69
10-07-2009, 04:12 PM
I'm guilty of wearing tigher stuff when I'm in shape. I tend to save it for going out & going to warm places on vacation or where its "acceptable" (e.g. Vegas).

I was surprised yesterday - I'd picked up a pair of short cargo-style shorts in shiny khaki material at the Olympia Expo - I figured these woul rock because they would have baggy legs (as opposed to my usual spandex). But nope. They were too small in the quads. So I had poof pants that sorta looked like a puffy diaper because they were too tight in the legs. That sucked. I felt stupid at the gym and even stupider for having paid $25 and can't return them. O well. They would've been sooo cute.

tight booty
10-07-2009, 07:55 PM

Absolutely. Had this happen quite a few times with shoes. Walking a few steps in a store is nothing like actually wearing them for several hours. I hate shoes which make my feet hurt, it can make you feel miserable by the end of the evening.
And I have bought skirts would rode up when I walked in them....never wore them again.

tight booty
10-07-2009, 07:58 PM
I think a lot of women don't realise how visual men are and that men will respond in different ways depending on how you present yourself.

Sometimes it is appropriate to wear something that is super sexy, although I adhere to the either cleavage or legs, not both as it can too easily look totally trashy.

For most jobs, it really isn't appropriate to wear anything that is sexy.
I follow the rule that If I have alot of cleavage showing then my skirt/dress comes to my knees....no shorter.

LainaJ
10-07-2009, 08:03 PM
God I am soo glad to be out of corporate america. I use to work at blue shield and if we showed any cleavage at all we were sent home. We also couldnt wear skirts above our knees. This was over 10 years ago though. Maybe they have lightened up a bit LOL

InHonorInMind
10-09-2009, 06:10 PM
I'm guilty of wearing tigher stuff when I'm in shape. I tend to save it for going out & going to warm places on vacation or where its "acceptable" (e.g. Vegas).

I was surprised yesterday - I'd picked up a pair of short cargo-style shorts in shiny khaki material at the Olympia Expo - I figured these woul rock because they would have baggy legs (as opposed to my usual spandex). But nope. They were too small in the quads. So I had poof pants that sorta looked like a puffy diaper because they were too tight in the legs. That sucked. I felt stupid at the gym and even stupider for having paid $25 and can't return them. O well. They would've been sooo cute.

Jill, might be able to take em off your hands, if ya got a pic! and size info!

ActionTan
11-07-2009, 11:56 AM
I certainly never have the cleavage problem lol!!!!

Kitty Kat
11-21-2009, 03:41 PM
God I am soo glad to be out of corporate america. I use to work at blue shield and if we showed any cleavage at all we were sent home. We also couldnt wear skirts above our knees. This was over 10 years ago though. Maybe they have lightened up a bit LOL
A bit?? LOL
You'll be surprised Laina.. I at times wonder if we are working in a corporate office or at a nightclub... LOL

sassy69
11-21-2009, 05:40 PM
So I was walking around one of my favorite cheap stuff stores today... omg it was like the '80s exploded... so yes, i bought some leggings in shiny silver print and alligator texture. I have never looked good in these things - not in the 80s, 90s or 00's. so I'm giving it another shot. But I see lots of the smaller women at work wearing at least the leggings (not in club prints) and a long sweater thing....

I told the lady at the checkout "at least scrunchies aren't back yet..."

PTB
11-24-2009, 02:30 PM
A bit?? LOL
You'll be surprised Laina.. I at times wonder if we are working in a corporate office or at a nightclub... LOL

Indeed true! A woman can wear the shortest dress, but a guy can't wear shorts on casual Friday's in the summer. Sleeveless shirts and spaghetti straps are OK for a woman, but guys can't wear tank tops.

But then again, it's usually guys who are heads of HR and write up these dress codes anyway, so you know what they want to see, and what they don't want to see.