PDA

View Full Version : how long for estrogel to start working?

pblade
10-08-2009, 04:34 PM
hello,

my mother was just put on hrt, and she is taking a low dose as a starter so the doctor can see how it affects her and then gradually increase the dosage. Currently she is taking 1 pump of estrogen and 1 pill of progesterone before she sleeps, it has been 6 days now and she is telling me she does not feel nothing different. Usually how long will it take to feel an improved sense of well-being, or could it be just that it is a very low dose?

OBGYN77
10-08-2009, 05:00 PM
It takes 2-4 weeks to get a consistent blood level for most estrogen's, some women metabolize estrogen differently but within 4-6 weeks she should feel a lot better. Estrogel seems to work a little faster but every women is different, depending on the severity of the symptoms and metabolization. I wouldn't consider a higher dose until at least 6-8 weeks.
It does take time to work, if you are patient.
The progesterone should help her sleep

pblade
10-08-2009, 05:28 PM
so at the dose of 1 pump and 1 progesterone level, is that enough for a woman to feel a greater effect in her mood change? she is 51 years old.

savvykate
02-17-2010, 02:12 AM
hello there;
I am very passionate about women's health and interested in the effects of menopause on women.
I am a prof TV / Video producer and I am making an educational video about menopause.
I am looking for a woman using estrogel.
Is anyone here using it or know someone using it?
I have great credentials and can maintain anonymity.

Thanks!

musclemilf
02-17-2010, 07:28 AM
hello there;
I am very passionate about women's health and interested in the effects of menopause on women.
I am a prof TV / Video producer and I am making an educational video about menopause.
I am looking for a woman using estrogel.
Is anyone here using it or know someone using it?
I have great credentials and can maintain anonymity.

Thanks!

I doubt you'll find ladies here using bioindentical HRT in this forum. You should search google using "estrogel" as a keyword and filter by forums to find menopause or hysterectomy specific forums.

FWIW -bioidenticals are the shit. :p

sassy69
02-17-2010, 01:58 PM
Can't help ya - I'm not there yet & not in a big rush to get there :)